orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2020 9:45:08 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

Up until now, Orion's communications with Avery have been online. It's the medium that the introverted ranger is most comfortable with, and it had helped him to avoid making the trip to Lilycove whenever he needed to get in contact. He hated Lilycove.[break][break]

Now, however, with his position on the Council requiring him to maintain an office in the city, he spent far more time here than he'd like. Might as well make some positive associations while he's here, right? Besides, this felt like the sort of matter best discussed in person.[break][break]

He tucks the egg into the crook of his arm and knocks on the door to the daycare, glancing anxiously at the soon-to-be-Pokemon to make sure his grip on it was secure. He'd never had to hatch an egg before, and who better to consult about such an experience than the pink-haired daycare owner whose similarly pink-furred rodent collection was partially Orion's fault?

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: this is late but !!!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2020 17:54:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Avery had always thought it was curious that she'd never actually met the councilman Orion Lykos, but it hadn't concerned her. After all, it wasn't out of the ordinary for her to do business and handle affairs without ever meeting in person. To some extent it was actually smoother sailing.[break][break]

But it seemed that Mr. Lykos had come into possession of a Pokemon egg and hadn't felt comfortable sending the unborn baby through other means. So, Avery would be unsuspecting and pleasantly surprised to find him entering her building![break][break]

A knock at the door wakes a young Pachirisu who, upon staying in Avery's care, had underwent a rather sudden and surprising change in fur colour. The Pachirisu's normally blue pattern had been replaced with a lovely pink - and it seemed that she had recognized whoever it was at the door.[break][break]

Avery wipes her hands on her apron quickly when she notices the Pokemon jumping up and down at the door. [break][break]

"I'm coming, I'm coming! My apologies Mr... Lykos?"[break][break]

Her jaw remains open as she opens the door to the man. He was.. beautiful.[break][break]

"What a pleasure, sir! Umm, come in, please! I wasn't expecting you, did I miss an email?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 10:39:57 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Orion's social anxiety likes to lurk in these moments: the pause after a phone call is answered, or when waiting for someone to come to the door. No matter how much he tries to get a hold on his mental illness, that pervasive discomfort lingers.[break][break]

It dulls as the door opens, and he smiles at Avery.[break][break]

She calls him sir, which makes him blush, and he laughs to counteract how flustered he feels as he follows her inside.[break][break]

"No, no, this was a relatively spontaneous visit. I was never in the area before, but I spend a lot of time here with the new job, so — oh, hello. Look at your fur!"[break][break]

He notices the Pachirisu flitting eagerly about their feet, recognizing its mannerisms rather than the once-blue hue of its fur. It was no surprise that Avery, of all people, had somehow managed to acquire yet another pink rodent.[break][break]

Bending down to give the Pachirisu a friendly pat, he adjusts his grip on the egg as he stands and cradles it in front of him.[break][break]

"Here about this, actually. I've never dealt with an egg before, figured you might know what to do..."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: she's so sWEET

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 20:46:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Avery immediately seems to pick up on his awkward blush, and his laughter encourages her to blush even worse than he. Mistaking the situation as her own issue, she hurriedly closes the door and takes a deep breath. C'mon, Avery, relax.[break][break]

"Oh! Oh, okay, alright. Well, umm."[break][break]

She's cut off but it's a welcome distraction as Pachirisu defuses the awkward and tense situation. The young squirrel hops up and down at his ankles, tugging at his pantlegs until he directs his attention to her. She flashes her lovely pink and white fur, posing and winking and grinning. She's proud to show him how big and beautiful she's become, after all.[break][break]

The daycare woman lets a giggle slip and she gestures to the spry little beast.[break][break]

"She's settled in real well here! Took to it like a bee to honey. I'm still not sure why she turned pink, but she's pretty proud of it!"[break][break]

Pachirisu leans into the man's pat affectionately, chittering away happily. Avery grins, relieved that the conversation had been redirected to something more favorable and their little moment of awkward embarrassment had melted away.[break][break]

In fact, her expression quickly changes to awe and amazement as Orion shows the egg he had been holding. Somehow she had missed it when she'd first greeted him, and she steps forward now with a hand extended. She blushes at her forwardness, retracting her fingers a moment.[break][break]

"May I? It's beautiful, where did you find it?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2020 21:24:41 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Pachirisu seems proud and healthy, and Orion knows he's made the right choice. There had been a lot of anxiety at first since he'd only dealt with the daycare attendant via e-mails and phone calls about how the Pokemon he'd given up were doing. All of that disappears under the eager affections of the pink-furred rodent.[break][break]

"She's flourishing," he agrees, fond. "I'm glad you decided to take her in."[break][break]

As a ranger who trained a great variety of Pokemon, it was always difficult to admit when one of them didn't necessarily suit his lifestyle, or couldn't deal with the occupational hazards that came with his job. He'd taken them from the wild, from their homes, and it felt failure each time he had to admit there was a better caretaker out there. Avery's presence is a soothing one that softens the blow.[break][break]

"I've had a Pokemon change like that," he admits, though he's momentarily distant as if the experience had not been pleasant.[break][break]

The egg, thankfully, snaps him out of it.[break][break]

"By all means." He carefully places the egg into her hands, ensuring she had a grip before releasing his own. "My Absol led me to it; it was in the woods not far from where I live. I assume something happened to the mother... or perhaps a trainer abandoned it there, I'm not sure."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: she's so sWEET

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2020 20:41:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Avery blushes at his compliment, even if it's not explicitly directed at herself. Any compliment directed toward her Pokemon inadvertently makes Avery blush, it seems. [break][break]

The woman nervously tucks a loose strand of pink hair behind her ear, stifling her anxious giggling in favor of trying to remain cool and collected. Was giggling in the presence of a councilman impolite? She didn't want to be impolite.[break][break]

Her cheeks grow warmer at her sudden panic. It wells in the pit of her belly and makes her nervous and scatterbrained as she stands up straighter and gazes upon Orion for a moment, trying to read his expression. She's fortunate to find that he seems calm despite the storm in her mind.[break][break]

That is, until she watches his expression fail after mention of his own Pokemon's physical change. She frowns slightly, ducking her head to meet his gaze again, eyes searching.[break][break]

But before she could even hope to pry, Orion changes the subject and she's returned to the beautiful egg that is now in her arms. It's warm and she allows her palm to brush over its smooth surface, a sigh escaping.[break][break]

"Oh my.. poor thing. Well it's lucky to have found you, councilman!"[break][break]

Sadness befalls her at the brief thought that someone could be so cruel as to abandon an unborn Pokemon.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2020 14:51:54 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Avery's nervous energy feeds directly into Orion's own. She's blushing, flustered, and it makes his throat and chest feel tight. Social anxiety was not exactly the best trait for a councilman to possess, yet here they were.[break][break]

Thankfully, the subject of the egg is intriguing enough to be distracting.[break][break]

"I'm glad to have found it, but unfortunately it's the first egg I've ever had to deal with." After all, his job as a ranger didn't exactly have him traipsing into Pokemon nests. If anything, he did his best to avoid disturbing them. "I wanted to make sure I could give it the proper care, so I came here as soon as I had the time."[break][break]

He could only hope it was soon enough — in an ideal world, he'd have brought the egg to Avery immediately, but working two jobs often placed a stranglehold on his schedule.[break][break]

"I don't know what species it might be... does that affect how to care for it?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 15:18:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

To be quite honest, the reason behind Avery's bashful demeanor and awkward blushing is due to her mild infatuation with the man. He's tall, beautiful, and shows genuine concern for his Pokemon. They'd only kept contact through social media and emails - but she had grown quite fond of him. Though she would never act on it, she was thoroughly surprised to see that the man behind the screen was more handsome in person than she had assumed.[break][break]

Fortunately, the conversation swings back to the egg in his possession and she is distracted immediately by it. Her soft spot for eggs outmatches her awkward social anxiety. [break][break]

"Luckily, for the most part, Pokemon eggs are generally all the same in terms of care! They need to be kept secure, warm, and given dozens of compliments throughout the day. After all, what better way to grow than to have someone over your shoulder telling you you're destined for greatness? I know I'd melt if anyone said that to me."[break][break]

Avery giggles, but is warmed greatly by Orion's concern and his urgency to bring it to her than to attempt to handle it himself. Though she's 100% sure he would have hatched it just fine by himself, all the same. [break][break]

"Come on, follow me! We'll place this sweetheart in an incubator. I'll leave you to watch it while I make some tea - we can sit outside. By the looks of it, whoever is in there is almost ready to come out as it is! In fact, they might hatch any minute."[break][break]

With a meek smile, Avery leads Orion to a room full of unused incubators. The moment it's secured she sits both councilman and egg outside in the garden at the picnic table while she hurries off to get snacks and drinks.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 13:55:40 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Orion tilts his head, surprised by but seemingly accepting of the notion that compliments are an essential part of caring for a Pokemon egg. After all, he doesn't know any better. Pokemon enjoyed positive reinforcement, so why wouldn't they be the same inside of their eggs? The logic made perfect sense.[break][break]

Avery giggles, and her positive attitude and their prior familiarity through e-mails leaves the councilman feeling emboldened enough to jest, "You're destined for greatness, Avery."[break][break]

He is led to the garden and left to admire the view as Avery goes to get snacks.[break][break]

Beside him, the egg begins to crack.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: 5/5 posts w/ the egg!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 4:50:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]AN APPLIN HATCHES!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BULLETPROOF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WITHDRAW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEECH SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PROTECT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GRASSY GLIDE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]CONGRATULATIONS!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 18:55:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

When she returns, she returns in time to set down the snacks and tea. Just in time, too, before Orion decides to compliment her and send her into a tizzy of emotion. She's lightheaded, knees wobbly and a nervous laugh escapes as she moves over to pour him a cup. Her cheeks are aflame with embarrassment.[break][break]

"That's--that's very sweet of you to say, councilman."[break][break]

Oh my goodness...[break][break]

She's breathless but manages to pour the tea without spilling. When she returns to her seat, however, she excitedly bounces back to her feet at the sound of a crack.[break][break]

"Oh! I told you! It's hatching, it's hatching!"[break][break]

With a bright flash of light, the egg shell melts away and a tiny Applin sits, pleased as punch, in front of them. Avery giggles, positively thrilled to have been witness to such a miracle. One would think this is the first time she's experiencing a Pokemon hatching.[break][break]

"It's so cute! It's an Applin, I believe. Quite strange to find in Hoenn - but adorable nonetheless!"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2020 20:17:54 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

No sooner has Avery returned to pour the tea than Orion hears a louder crack, his attention snapping to the egg with concern. There's a fracture down the middle as whatever's inside does its best to come out, and his heart flutters with the anticipation.[break][break]

Avery seems equally excited, though she must see things like this all the time. It's sweet.[break][break]

Inside the egg is... an apple? Unfamiliar with every Galarian species, given that they were still relatively new to Hoenn, he tilts his head curiously and leans forward in his seat to get a better look. He could've mistaken it for a real fruit if not for the fact that it rocks back and forth in its delight to have broken free of its shell, the 'leaves' twitching excitedly.[break][break]

Orion croons softly in excitement, holds out his hand for the Applin to hop into. Arceus above, he was going to melt. Was this what being a father felt like?[break][break]

Pulling out his Pokedex, he registers its data and smiles.[break][break]

"It's a girl. Ah, she's so cute..."[break][break]

She doesn't seem shy in the least; having the two humans as her first interactions in this world, she seems to have warmed to them instantly.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2020 2:55:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Oh my god, he's leaning in. That is just so cute[break][break]

Just watching Orion react to the egg hatching makes her melt. If it isn't obvious how smitten she is with the man, it might be now with how rosy her cheeks are and how thrilled she is to see that he's over the moon excited to see his new baby Pokemon.[break][break]

The Applin responds well to both of them - a happy surprise. It was always touch and go when it came to newborns, they were either super confident and brave, or super timid and terrified.[break][break]

Thankfully, this little lady is full of ambition and eagerness to meet her new dad.[break][break]

"Congratulations, Mr. Lykos! You're a dad!"[break][break]

Oh, what an embarrassing thing to say. Did I just say that?[break][break]

She balks at herself, eyes wide and quickly averting their gaze. She often referred to herself as a mother - in private of course, people were weird - but she hadn't meant to let such an intimate comment slip. Oops.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 22:10:56 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Crooning over the tiny apple in his hands, Orion doesn't find Avery's comment uncomfortable in the least.[break][break]

Instead, he grins, looks up from his newborn Pokemon to see Avery quickly averting her eyes. As the king of discomfort and awkward situations himself, the secondhand embarrassment comes on strong. Not wanting her to catch him staring, he re-focuses his attention on the Applin.
[break][break]
"I've always wanted to be a dad," he laughs, hoping to put her at ease.[break][break]

Applin croons, flicking its eye-leaves. Whether or not it can understand them, it seems to pick up on their positive intent.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
eggcentricities [c]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 20:42:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Fortunately, Avery doesn't see him staring because she's too focused on her feet. But his comment brings her a wash of reassurance and she finds herself able to giggle and let go of her embarrassment. [break][break]

"She already likes you!"[break][break]

She stretches her hand out to wiggle her finger at the tiny apple Pokemon, delighted to see how curious and bright-eyed the Pokemon seems to be. It means she's healthy and Orion had taken excellent care of the egg long before he'd ever come to her doorstep.[break][break]

"Are you going to name her?"[break][break]

In the background, a Pokemon dedicated to watering the plants outside is too aggressive in it's approach. A hydro pump sprays against the sliding glass door. Water leaks underneath and pools on the ground. Avery gasps in surprise, glancing over her shoulder to stare at the sheepish culprit.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay