light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
bonfire
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2020 11:22:59 GMT
cadis von klaussner Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

how does one start a fire in this game? cadis--or rather mai--was still learning the mechanics. she sat down with an immersed look of attentiveness. trying to figure out how to call forth fire---wait, he wasn't a mage. did he have a set of fire starting tools? this was unnecessarily complex. he'd remain sitting upon the ground until he could figure this out. "starting a fire won't be as easy as i thought..." all he wanted to do was earn ana achievement.

achievement: writing 3rd ic post
mission: long rest
notes: open, mission.

[attr="class","merktagI"]@---

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
bonfire
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2020 20:25:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] battle routine.

set.

execute.

fernando allows those thought to fill his mind while he wanders aimlessly throughout the area. video games had always been his fascination when he was a child but their grandeur stopped at being simulations of battles that could be tweaked and abused. this realistic experience that requires his effort and consciousness is something else. take away the turn based nature of his expertise and the ball game is dead even.

that's why he looks to investigate and learn as much as possible before setting forth. he understands the raw mechanics of the rules but beyond that, he's just as basic as anyone else. well, maybe not everyone. he comes across mai and stares at her simply sitting there. in any other game, he could've considered her AFK or a bot, but in a game tethered to your own consciousness?

"what'cha doing?" he answers with a laced drawl. there's a reason fernando didn't sign up with an obvious username. he wants to remain anonymous as much as possible, to cater a genuine, fresh experience. changing his accent isn't too hard and he does so with a charm that fits his avatar. after all, this is just another mask.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
bonfire
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 1:48:03 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

"starting a fire." she said upon continuing her incessant scrolling. there was nothing she could find in her item or skill, was it something she needed to learn? "i can't start a fire." arising to her feet. she'd greet the newcomer with a curtsy, "if you wouldn't mind helping me, i've seem to have misplaced my companion. originally they were teaching me how to play, but then they...well..." vanished. she'd look around as she explained her situation, "...anyway, i just wanted to learn how to start a fire."

achievement: ---
notes:

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
bonfire
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 2:07:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "starting a fire?"

fernando stares at her absentmindedly, only now aware that he too has no idea how to start one. he can't recall going over it during the introduction but he's only explored a fraction of the tutorial. he does however recall that mages have access to fire moves.

"you prolly need a mage, i bet."

he nods in acknowledgement but doesn't bow in return. it feels out of place considering the setting.

"your friend wouldn't happen to be one, would they?"

he nods.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
bonfire
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 3:06:36 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

this was clearly a mistake. what was the reason for his being here? it helped neither of them, "well, shit."

with a deep breath she'd clasp her hands together. "so, funny story, that friend of mine is a mage." and he was long, "his attention span isn't the greatest. he's growing, but it's taking sometime." looking around she'd search for kindling, "let's just gather some twigs and sticks and see what we can do. maybe the skill will pop up if we try." a simple shrug indicating that it was worth a shot.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
bonfire
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 3:32:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] it sounds like a waste of time but fernando doesn't voice his opinion aloud. there's value in attempt it if only because he has no idea how valid her idea is. "sure," he agrees, looking around for anything nearby that they can use for tinder.

"might wanna be careful about straying too far without your friend tho." fernando picks up a a thick branch and snaps it in two. "there's a part of the game where you can attack other players and everyone's bloodthirsty. my friend just killed a rogue not too long ago."

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
bonfire
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 3:39:19 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

"oh, i was recently just murdered!" she stated with a ball of energy. "it was by a strange little dwarf. he was quite bloodthirsty, i wonder if most of the players in this game are." the dying part was pretty fun. upon gathering twigs and small pieces of wood to prepare for the fire, she'd turn to face the man, "well i'm certain you're an expert at the game. you'll protect me won't you? you seem to know enough." was there any sign of her getting better at this?

there was hope, but then again video games were still a new concept to cadis. where did priam go? nobody knows. "if only i knew how to send a message i'd force my partner to return." oh, he just remembered, "he was also wearing a weird...geodude costume..."
notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
bonfire
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 4:10:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando admits nothing. the secret about his guild with cannot be announced to the world of blades & bulwark this early into the game's lifetime. the last thing he wants is for his character to be associated with some kind of geodude fetishist. that's the bad kind of infamy.

"yeah, they're a mess. i've been killed a dozen times so far." like his expertise in battling, fernando lies about his skill as well. he returns to her initial spot and deposits what he's gathered. "but this game is about playing with others so i'm sure we'll be safe together."

cadis' comment about another geodude disturbs him as much as lucas' appearance. out of all the DLC costumes, why a geodude?

then he remembers the arcanine and suddenly geodude becomes much more attractive.

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
bonfire
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 4:21:12 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

"oh come now. you mustn't be modest. i'm not some villainous pker." was he here to, just like the others, "catch a body". what a fun term that was. mai was okay with being killed, it did earn one an achievement. "when i died i actually had this strange badge pop over my head." she'd gesture the size of it. "anyway, it was pretty exciting. i felt like a gleeful child opening a surprise present." he'd drop his sticks upon clasping his hands together.

cheeks became showered in pink as he was smitten by the act of death, and rewarded for it! "don't be so modest that you feel the need to hide your skills!" one should never underestimate anyone in this world, cadis learned that the hard way. should this person try to kill him, well, at least it was expected. "i'm sure the person who murdered possibly received something as well, huh..." so he'd ask, a hand placed atop of his bosoms, "would you like to..." rosy cheeks hid behind raven hair, "kill me...?"

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
bonfire
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 4:41:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando gleams a single piece of useful information from her: there's an achievement for being killed. as someone who hasn't been killed yet, he now knows there's nothing wrong with dying, once. but he plays it cool and shrugs. "it was cool the first time, i guess."

but then whatever the fuck 'that is' happens. fernando stares at cadis for a hot minute as he goes on before flat lining.

"what the fuck?"

why are all the creeps online?