8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AFTERMATH [ FUTURE | INVITE ONLY ]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2018 7:25:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"i'm sorry."

there's no excuse for how thing have turned out. he can only apologize for allowing her to perish in these feelings. it makes his head hang low, a throwback to the same expression of dejection he showed whenever elysia scolded him - which was rare, if ever. but that's changed. they're together now, their reunion cut short by the thievery of current events, but together nonetheless. that's all that matters. eliminating outside interlopers is just for good measure. that's what brings her here today, he reminds himself.

that means one thing: he'll have to pay him a visit.

but for now, fernando's preoccupied by the woman he claims to love. the only person in hoenn who has any influence over him. there's no time for distractions.

"the ruins, slateport, i have no excuse, persephone. i can only give you what i have now."

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2018 6:40:20 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

she has to laugh, a short sad sound that lacks any real humour. seeing him bow his head to her as though apologetic hurts more than she wants to admit; if it is all an elaborate ploy, or even if it's genuine, she doesn't know what would sting more.

"what could you have done? there are some things that can't be controlled." her tone turns gentle because she thinks he needs it. "not even by you."

he's always tried to give her things; whether material, or opportunistic, and she has always denied them because she's too proud and had always wanted to see him as an equal even if he had clearly surpassed her from the beginning. but this time will be different because despite her misgivings, she will listen.

"what are you offering?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2018 7:15:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"..."

there's no correct answer, no perfect reply to her question. but he doesn't want to admit it. the last time fernando couldn't control everything, he had lost everything. this time? he wouldn't let that happen. there will be no repeat of the diving incident. there will be no silph invasion to whisk him away. no, that's what makes him so meticulous. fernando will not long be a victim to the string of fate. he will mangle them instead. that's why he leaves nothing to chance.

"i offer you what should've been yours years ago."

it's finally time.

"i'm yours persephone."

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2018 6:20:23 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

it feels as if he had struck her, and she needs to avert her gaze temporarily because it is all too much and she needs to not be looking at him to rationalise it away; twist the words until the meaning can be neatly compartmentalised, mold them to a more preferable meaning.

she's at a loss

there was once a point where she still believed she could introduce him to her friends, the makeshift family she forged for herself in his absence in sootopolis, integrate him to be one of them. the possibility melted away when fernando threw the gauntlet to nikolai.

"we've barely spoken in years. you can't say that."

he can; even though they had barely spoken in years, it doesn't mitigate the gravity of what happened before, their shared childhood, the ties that bind. but he can't articulate it either, addressing it is almost demeaning to them both so she expects he won't try.

for perhaps the hundredth time, she wonders if he's trying to hurt her.

"you don't win anything from this."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2018 9:41:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
never back down. "i can, perse." he will not let this chance go by. deep down, she still holds the same sentiments that he does. his greatest weakness is now his strongest weapon, a double-edge sword that he'll shove straight down her gullet. "i am, perse." he'll split her right down the middle. until she can't swallow. until she can't bear to piece herself back together.

persephone cannot deny him because deep down she doesn't want to.

this isn't about winning. this is about absolute domination. on paper, in name, she will own him. but in the secret of the night, only known by the intimacy of wistful what-ifs, fernando has already conquered her. she has no will left to fight. she can only cower at his advances, seeking sympathy, empathy that he'll rescind his marching orders on her amour. guilt is her last play. unfortunately, it won't work. fernando will stifle his emotions and ignore her bleeding heart if it means a chance to win it all.

persephone will be his.

he will win.

"this isn't a game persephone. there is no winning,  only an adherence to what you are owed." he bows his head to her. it's about time. "i am at your disposal, miss amavi."