played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2020 8:28:43 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]The nod came with a self-assured, hearty smile. She was no stranger to the surprise – four badges was a rare feat for any trainer, and she made no effort to hide her pride. That was, until Kat’s doubt put a dent in it. Annie’s arms planted themselves on her hips. “I know so! There aren’t many people in the running, as far as I know, and that alone’s gotta count for something.”

Hopefully. The woman raised a good point with her expression, one that had bothered Annie for much too long. Her age could be a strike for or against her getting the role… And she likely wouldn’t know which until she’d fought her way to the top. Therefore, there was next to nothing she could do about it, and she had to try not to let it eat at her.

“Sign up anyway! It’ll give you a kick up the butt to get a team ready, and from there the worst you can do is lose, right? What was that saying? Diamonds are made under pressure, or something like that.” The mention of gems made fate shine upon her, summoning a little trickster onto the scene. Unfortunately, both of the ghosts announced themselves by way of Shadow Sneak. The Sableye went for Hocus, stumbled forward to reveal a shadowy claw swiping at him from the ground. The Mimikyu mirrored the act on the Mismagius, and both materialized from their shadowy cloaks.

“A tag-team sneak attack? Not a bad idea…” The girl tapped her bottom lip, thinking of a suitable counter, but what she had in mind would torch a Pokemon she hoped to catch. “Fire Blast, if you would! Not too hard, alright?” Dragging the wand through the air drew the kanji for great out of embers. The character’s completion sent it firing forward. Even without the sun’s aid, a move of such power was enough to force the Sableye onto all fours, with the attack’s remnants burning him for good measure. There was no doubt in Annie’s mind that the Pokeball would ensnare it.

“Does your Mismagius know Hex?”
The implications would have been obvious, if she hadn’t already staked her claim… But the knowledge could come in handy for the next batch.

[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: catching sableye!
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2020 23:34:21 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","currage"]
[attr="class","currage1"]
[attr="class","curragetop"]
[attr="class","curragelyric"]

heart of steel
stand and fight live by your heart

[attr="class","currageimg"]
[attr="class","currageimg2"]

[attr="class","currageimg3"]

[attr="class","curragetag"]

written for

[break][break][break]
[attr="class","curragepost"]

"you have a point. i should sign up today- no, i will."
[break][break]
signing up now was better than later. she didn't need anything specific, did she? katherine knew that her goal required her to have a couple of these badges, despite not wanting to ever sign herself to be a member of the elite four, or lead a gym. it seemed far too... childish? irrelevant to her life? she didn't picture herself doing it for a good reason - that much was certain.
[break][break]
still focused on annie, kat missed the chance to watch the pair of ghost-types perform a double-team sneak attack. a shame. it probably looked good. turning to the mimikyu and sableye, her eyes fell upon the first of them. the strange looking ghost-type drew her attention, creating some interest. "use power gem on the mimikyu, mismagius." the red gems of the witch pokemon glowed faintly, charging momentarily. it takes another moment for them to fire, as three small beams are shot only to join together, forming a larger one. the attack aimed at the mimikyu seems to land-- but it causes no damage. instead, the mere shroud of the dual type pokemon flops over to the side.
[break][break]
"..not bad. they're tougher than i thought they'd be! mismagius - don't stop! attack them with psywave! spin them in air until they're confused!" the purple witch pokemon murmured one of her incantations under her breath before beginning to glow with a blue outline, soon conjuring waves of the same color and energy. they assault the mimikyu from different directions, until they fall under mismagius' control. "now. don't let go!"
[break][break]
numerous seconds pass before mismagius tosses the mimikyu to the ground, and a pokeball is thrown as it happens. there was no time to waste- and kat didn't want to risk it and allow the fairy-type to escape. while she awaits for the confirmation from the pokeball, she once more turns to annie to answer her question, "nope. but i can see how useful it'd be if i paired mismagius with a fire type like you do." perhaps she'll even consider it.
[break]
"i think i am lucky that her moves have a lot of variety. five different types will be useful regardless of which pokemon she'll face."

[attr="class","curragebot"]capturing the mimikyu!
[attr="class","curragebot3"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[googlefont=Roboto Condensed:400,700]
[googlefont=Mr Dafoe]

[newclass=.currage]padding:19px;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:502px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.currage1]padding:5px;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;background-color:#f7f7f7;color:#444444;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragetop]background-color:#a27db8;background: linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a27db8, #a27db9);-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 75%);-moz-
clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 75%);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 75%);padding:65px 45px 75px 0px;height:50px;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.05);text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragelyric]font:50px Mr Dafoe;line-height:40px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragelyric div]font:bold 10px Roboto;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;padding-top:1px;padding-right:5px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragelyric div span]margin-right:23px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.currageimg]height:110px;width:110px;padding:15px;background-color:rgba(245,245,245,.35);border-radius:100%;margin:-135px 0px 10px 40px;position:relative;z-index:10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.currageimg2]border-top:dotted 5px transparent;border-right:dotted 5px #ffffff;border-left:dotted 5px #ffffff;border-bottom:dotted 5px transparent;border-radius:100%;height:130px;width:130px;margin:-15px;position:absolute;-webkit-animation: LILIKASPIN 7s linear infinite; -moz-animation: LILIKASPIN 7s linear infinite; -o-animation: LILIKASPIN 7s linear infinite; animation: LILIKASPIN 7s linear infinite;[/newclass]
[newclass=.currageimg3]height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;background-color:#ffffff;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.currageimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragetag]font:bold 11px Roboto;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:10px;color:#cccccc;float:left;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;background-color:#f3f3f3;border-radius:5px;padding:14px;margin-left:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragetag a]font:bold 11px Roboto!important;line-height:10px;color:#a27db8!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragepost]padding:15px 40px 35px 40px;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragepost font]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#a27db8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragepost b]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragepost i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragebot]border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;background-color:#f3f3f3;padding:19px;font:bold 11px Roboto;text-align:right;color:#bbbbbb;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 40px -30px 85px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragebot3]background-color:##a27db8;height:80px;background: linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a27db9, #a27db8);-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 60%, 100% 100%, 0 100%);-moz-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 60%, 100% 100%, 0 100%);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 60%, 100% 100%, 0 100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragee] }@keyframes LILIKASPIN { 0% { -ms-transform: rotate(0deg); -moz-transform: rotate(0deg); -webkit-transform: rotate(0deg); -o-transform: rotate(0deg); transform: rotate(0deg); } 100% { -ms-transform: rotate(360deg); -moz-transform: rotate(360deg); -webkit-transform: rotate(360deg); -o-transform: rotate(360deg); transform: rotate(360deg); }[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2020 7:57:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ZIGZAGOON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] QUICK FEET
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BELLY DRUM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PIN MISSILE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COVET
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KECLEON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] COLOR CHANGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CAMOUFLAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYBEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUBSTITUTE

[break]
YOUR PREVIOUS CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2020 12:04:42 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]A nod affirmed the woman’s words. “Good luck in advance! I’m sure you’ll do fine, though. You seem like you’ve got the hang of things.” She watched her Pokemon take on the Mimikyu with a series of plays that confirmed her words. Once all was said and done, she offered a seasoned trainer’s advice. “Not that tough, just a bit of a trickster. Mimikyu can eat the first hit in a fight like it’s nothing, but after that it gets in a bit of trouble. Also, if yours is anything like mine, it will not let you take that rag off.”

She stopped short of humble-bragging her way through an explanation, mostly because something had caught her eye. The companion of trash bags everywhere had found its way into the garden – right into Annie’s sights. “Hocus, can you get that one for me? However you want to.” The fox nodded and stepped forward, narrowed eyes fixing on the Zigzagoon.

“Coverage is something that Hocus and Pocus are lacking… But I’m planning to fix that soon. You’re one step ahead of me there.” She barely paused at the racoon cried out, charred by a brutal Fire Blast. It rushed to fight back, but the Delphox was light on his feet, dodging and dancing out of harm’s way as he waited for the burn to do its thing.

“You’ll always have your bases covered… But sometimes I wonder if that’s the most fun. I mean, the range is great, but there’s something special about having a guy that can do a master of one or two things, compared to a jack of all trades, you know?” A beckoning call from the magician told her to throw a Pokeball and claim her prize.

“If you want to look into mastery, I’d recommend the weather gym in Lavaridge! The guy there really knows his stuff when it comes to rain Pokemon.”

[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: catching zigzagoon!
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2020 2:36:31 GMT
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
skipping!
"interesting."

katherine already had a couple of ideas sneak into her mind as she truly considered the power of mimikyu's ability. sustaining any sort of attack - even if only one - would come useful. especially in the future, after mimikyu is properly trained. but that'll take some time-- investment. all of her partners demanded some sort of investment, some more than others.

normally, kat chose to capture pokemons that answered three conditions: they appealed to her, they'd get along with the other member of her team - and lastly, the investment and time she'll put into them will be worthwhile. simple. "oh- i'll keep that in mind. no touching their rugs." she did, now at least, wonder what was underneath it. but katherine had heard the rumors and myths before. a person who looked behind the rug of a mimikyu didn't live to tell what was there.

"-oh, totally. i agree. i think a mix of both isn't bad. some pokemons who you train to prepare for any occasion, and others who are focused on a single type or two. there's strength and advantages in both sides of the coin." a nod or two confirmed her words before her eyes drifted towards the zigzagoon, just as it went inside the pokeball. it seemed as if annie was quick to capture new pokemons, much more than kat was, at least.

"lavaridge, hm... will do."

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".katherinefairburne"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherinefairburne b"]color:#323c8a; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherinefairburne i"]color:#323c8a; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherinefairburne a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2020 6:23:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SNUBBULL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INTIMIDATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICE FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PLAY ROUGH

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PURUGLY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OWN TEMPO
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FEINT ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FAKE OUT

[break]
ANNIE CAUGHT THE ZIGZAGOON!

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2020 7:43:09 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Praise from a trainer like her was high (in Annie’s head, at least), and she hoped @ken would live up to it. The woman’s trust in her was at stake!

The conversation had reached its natural conclusion, and the trickle of wild Pokemon passing by showed nothing of interest… But Annie wasn’t ready to leave yet. Far from it. An awkward silence was about as good as gluten-free bread to ‘Motor Mouth Mei’, so she decided to dig a little into the woman’s life. “So! You know what I’m up to here. What I’m training and why, and all that. What about you?” Ever-curious eyes watched Katherine, while Hocus’ more relaxed pair watched her back.

[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: passing!
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2020 18:33:37 GMT

tag
notes
skipping!
"i'm not sure, actually."

what a bad answer. it was certainly not the one someone would want to hear, especially when a conversation was beginning to die. "i mean... there was never a specific career i was interested in. training pokemons is something i do because it's fun." and because she couldn't just be a part of team rocket without a couple of pokemons. "but leading a gym, becoming the champion... it's not really something i'd like." a shrug occurs next, the woman's shoulders rolling backwards. "it's good that you know what you want to do with your life when you're this young. it'll save you a lot of trouble."

if only kat had been the same.

"those gym badges don't really look bad though. i might have to collect them just because of how pretty they are." and while she passes a glance at both of the cat and dog pokemons, neither of them are interesting enough for kat to ask mismagius to challenge them.

[newclass=".katherinefairburne b"]color:#323c8a; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2020 0:51:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FURFROU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FUR COAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COTTON GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BABY-DOLL EYES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUCKER PUNCH

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PALOSSAND APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER COMPACTION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]IRON DEFENSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYPNOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EARTH POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GIGA DRAIN

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2020 19:14:29 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]A smile plastered itself on Annie’s face, but it was born of a creeping anxiety. Fortunately the woman salvaged the conversation before Annie had to. “No worries, no worries! You look pretty young to me, so you’ve got plenty of time!” Katherine had earned a rare compliment from a child that thought most grown-ups had one foot in the grave. “Honestly, if you’d asked me a few months ago what I wanted to do, I’d barely be able to give you an answer, but… this feels right.” A confident nod affirms her own words.

“I’ve got the skill for it, and let’s be real, I’ve got the face too. But more than anything… I think that I could really make a difference! A girl like me’s got a story, and she’s just big-headed enough to think it might help somebody-“

A burst of lava from the floor sent Hocus flying. Annie’s head whipped round, searching for the source of the Earth Power, and she found its source in a living sandcastle. “Shit, this guy’s going to wreck somebody’s house. Hocus?!” The fox landed with a thump several feet away, downed but not out. The girl’s eyes whipped back and forth, thinking through their options. Her fox was at a sore disadvantage… But he was still a Camper, and that meant he was a trooper.

“Get a Fire Blast going!” One hand supported his body as he crouched, while the other wielded his wand to unleash the inferno. Sand was hard to torch, but the Palossand hunching over showed that the flames had done a number on it nonetheless. A thrown Pokeball put an early end to its rampage.

“…Sure hope nobody lived under there.”
She hurried over to help Hocus onto his feet, leaving the Pokeball to decide the wildling’s fate.

[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: catching palossand!
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2020 20:46:15 GMT

tag
notes
skipping!
still focused on the words of the child, katherine barely pays attention to her surroundings. mismagius seemed to float happily, not all too interested in pursuing more pokemons for the sole purpose of a fight-- which means that both the trainer and the pokemon are surprised when annie's delphox is struck by a geyser of lava. "i don't have a water-type to deal with <i>any</i> of this." kat confesses, shooting a glance to mismagius just as delphox rises to his feet.

"but the sand should help. morgana, try using psychic on as much sand as you can, alright?" the palossand left quite an amount for the ghost-type to use. the flames are doused by the many grains of earth, bringing a stop to whatever fair remained.

"that came out of nowhere," she shook her head, almost as if disappointed with the behavior of the wild pokemon. "..but your delphox took that attack better than i expected." once more, it showcased that annie's training was superb. there weren't many others katherine would've expected to have their pokemons trained so well to endure such an attack. "..anyway! you mentioned earning lavaridge's gym badge, right? what else can you tell me about it? i could use some tips."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2020 9:00:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CUTIEFLY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHIELD DUST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DAZZLING GLEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STRUGGLE BUG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STUN SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUIVER DANCE

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KOMALA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] COMATOSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WOOD HAMMER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAPID SPIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]YAWN

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2020 16:42:30 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]“Thanks. For the compliment and the help. I raise ‘em strong!” Hocus shook his head like a father to an arrogant child, though his sly smile told not to put much stock in it. With his trainer’s help, the fox stood upright again. Pulsing fingers worked his magic on an idle Pokeball, teleporting it from the ground to his awaiting palm, which was in turn offered to Annie. Magician was a niche ability, but it had its uses. “Thanks, pal. Whenever you want to tag out, just say the word, alright?”

Thee wizard gave a gentle nod and stood stalwart, waiting for the next threat. His pain showed in a slight slouch and heavier breaths than before, but he was either too determined or too stubborn to make the call. Fortunately, the Pokemon passing through were both small and docile… for the moment.

A request for Trainer Tips made the girl’s eyes light up. It was one thing to fish for the questions, but somebody taking the bait was a nice stroke to her ego. What kind of experty would she be if she disappointed? “Well!” A teacher’s finger stuck itself into the air.

“The gym specialises in weather Pokemon, just like me! The challenger chooses what weather will be set for the fight, and that’s a massive advantage for them. There’s a lot of Pokemon that are stronger under a weather type, they’re mainly of a few types. For example, if you choose Hail, you can bet that at least one of his Pokemon will be ice-type, and they’re a pretty fragile bunch. Of course, that strategy has its own problems, but if you plan ahead they shouldn’t be too much of a problem.”

She finished with a cheery grin, gesturing to her Delphox. “The alternative, of course, is to remove the weather, but that’s a little harder to make stick unless you’ve got the right Pokemon.”

[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: passing!
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2020 3:32:17 GMT

tag
notes
skipping!
"i didn't need help guessing the weather gym will focus on... weather in battles, i have to admit." she jests, although it sounds a lot like kat wasn't appreciating annie's tips as much as she should have. but who could possibly know if that was the case? katherine was an enigma to people in her age, it was only fair kids would find her even more confusing.

"but still. it's good to know it isn't against the rules to get rid of the weather."

it might be the way she chooses to tackle the obstacle of this gym-- but not reaching it at all. it was a bit of a coward's way to deal with things, but it felt fair. it was either that or training some of her partners to fight in weather better which... all things considered?
it didn't sound like a terrible idea. it'd probably be smart to prepare them for those challenges as well.

the cutiefly flies just near annie and katherine, the buzzing of its wings drawing the attention of mismagius for a moment - but none longer. "and how did you get through the gym? did you abuse the weather or... chose to deal with it by making it disappear?" both options were valid - but one meant that annie as a trainer was aggressive, and the other meant that she was defensive.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Absolute synergy
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2020 3:47:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FURRET APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RUN AWAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AGILITY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COIL

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DELCATTY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NORMALIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAKE OUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WAKE-UP SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SING