played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Let Us Start The Game
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 18:00:03 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]So far, the tutorial sucked.

Annie only had herself to blame, of course. Her arrogance drove her to skip the tutorial and learn everything the hard way. It’d been fun, and mostly intuitive, but somewhere between spending five minutes figuring out how to start a fire and getting murdered by a sword in the stone… She started to wonder if she’d missed a few tips. The warrior sucked up her pride and returned to the starting zone, ready to gain some new insights.

Instead, she’d spent most of the quest whacking the same three Wobbuffets with a single auto-attack animation. A tooltip she’d long since minimized told that there was a button to start combos, but was Annie going to remember to open it? Probably not.

[attr="class,"divide"]
template by kay
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Let Us Start The Game
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2020 1:44:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Antoinette was not a " gamer ". She didn't play video games and it wasn't because she didn't want to, she just never had the time and with that, the interest for it never got a chance to plant and root within her. Her life, only now as she turned the age where she was truly free to do what she wanted, gave her some free time. With the free time, she found herself playing this VRMMORPG and she was thoroughly impressed. It felt weird walking, talking, hell it felt weird even blinking in-game. It was all so new to her that she started doing weird shit just to see how far the game would allow her body to move, which to be fair was a lot. With basic movements down it was time to learn how to start paying attention to the actual tutorial since she had been ignoring its first basic action since she got here, which for her was bringing up her weapon and attacking something.

For whatever reason, it took her far longer than the average player to do one simple task but when she did it she felt such a sense of satisfaction. It was a surprise to her that she didn't get annoyed as hell with the whole thing but she assumed it was because she really wanted to see what this game was all about. With her weapon in hand which was a bow, she started firing it off, without aiming, causing her to stop as one her arrows whizzed by a dark-haired girl. " Shit.." Muttering the words as she jogged over to the girl Antoinette felt annoyed with herself for being so reckless right out the gate. Upon approaching the girl she slowed down to a stop before asking her if she was alright and apologizing for nearly shooting her head off.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Let Us Start The Game
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2020 7:30:26 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]An arrow to the head in the tutorial would have been an awful way to go out. She jolted out of her endless swings, instinct forcing her to jump away from a danger that had long since passed. Could players even die in the zone? Annie didn’t know, and she wasn’t in a rush to find out. Narrowed eyes shot themselves towards the source of her troubles, only to soften as they settled on a person. A cute ranger (and a newb, she reminded herself), quick to apologise… And set off Motor Mouth Mei.

“Oh, don’t worry about it! Almost dying is what warriors do best!” A floppy-handed gesture waved off her concerns. Ultimeite, clad in samurai armour that matched her hair and eyes, was most certainly a melee fighter, though she had nothing in the way of head protection. “I’m no expert, as you might guess from my sword, but I’ve watched a lot of rangers! I think your aim gets better if you let the bow charge up for a second! They give the ranged guys delays to make up for, you know, the range.”

[attr="class,"divide"]
template by kay
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Let Us Start The Game
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2020 15:13:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

A joke and some advice, how charming. What she said did make sense but explotation was something Antoinette was good at, in time she would find a way to get over that little delay, but first, there was the matter of mastering it. Thanks for the advice. Readying her bow, she aimed in the direction of a far off Wobbuffet, letting her fingers grace over the bowstring before pulling it back and counting to three in her head. An arrow made of blue light appeared between her fingertips and the bowstring, going from a faint glow into a solid construct of light. Once she got to the number three she let the arrow fly, hitting the Wobbuffet directly in the head.

It was perfect, too slow for her liking but she had got it done, and with that the first tutorial mission for her was complete and a new one began to ping right before her eyes. She'd worry about it later, for now, she didn't want to leave the girl in awkward silence. Thanks for the advice. Now maybe I can actually hit the enemy. Lowering her bow she placed her attention back on the girl. My name's.. Well my username is Bad and Boujee, but I can see how that's a mouthful so you can just call me B.B Antoinette wasn't just gonna give her name out to strangers, that was dumb and she thought people who shared too much information about themselves couldn't have been to smart to start with. But dumb people were easy to use so at least they were good for something. She would have expected to get a name or a username in return from the girl but really the next interaction was up to her not Antoniette.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Let Us Start The Game
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2020 17:05:52 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Annie, on the other hand, had appealed to her narcissism at every stage of character creation. It would take months, at least, for the woman to realise that Ultimeite was but a facsimile of the young trainer. “Not a problem, Bebe! You can call me Ultimeite!” The username hovered above her head as she spoke.

“In return, I’ll ask a favour of you! See, funny story. I’ve had this tutorial quest open for a while… And I can’t really see what the quest is. I think the message box’s stuck in a really awkward spot where I can’t drag it out.” Folded arms betrayed her frustration, however slight it might have been. “I just want to make sure I haven’t missed anything crucial – that’s why I’m back here… But I’ll need you to go through the quest and tell me what it says! I figure between the two of us, we can figure out how that translates for a warrior, right?”

[attr="class,"divide"]
[attr="class","tag"]@cosmicmuffin
template by kay
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Let Us Start The Game
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2020 19:49:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar

She didn't like the girl's username, it was too much and she didn't even offer to shorten it. " what a pain in the ass.. " The thought crossed her mind as she stood there all pretty with her teal fluffy hair flowing behind her, standing in barely anything, a cute two-piece in golden yellow color that might as well had been a modest bikini covering her virtual body. She was already tired of the girl's presence but the next few words to come from her were ones that would require help on Antoinette's part, in fact, she even called it a favor because Antoinette asked the dark-haired girl to refer to her as a shortened version of her username. Honestly, Antoinette thought she was doing the girl a favor by even telling her to do this so it was a little bit of a surprise when she got a " favor " asked of her in response to it.

Now she understood that this game was a multiplayer game which probably meant she would have to start working with people somewhere down the line. Even though a part of her wanted to just say no to the girl's request, she figured she would be pretty useful at some point if she did help, besides she hardly knew what she was doing anyway so making a " friend " wouldn't hurt, in fact, it would probably only yield positive results. Putting on a smile Antoinette nodded in agreement with what she was asked to do. She really didn't understand what was asked of her and the question presented itself almost immediately. If you can't see it, how will I know if I'm doing the same quest as you currently? Because I can't see your quest either. What if you have a different quest than I do? She thought her questions her valid but she could have been wrong. She just got into the game but it sounded like this person had been here a while since she apparently has seen " a lot " of rangers do what Antoinette herself had struggled to do at all.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Let Us Start The Game
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2020 7:40:51 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]The avatar knitted her brow, a light touch of confusion showing itself on her face. It was a testament to both the game’s graphics and Annie’s character creation that the character could hold such intricacies. “Well, we all start in the same area, and the main beats seem about the same. Walk from here to there, then try attacking these dummies. People start running off after they do this part, and then a mob spawns for them to beat up. After that they get a potion and go on their way.” She gestured to the two of them, directed to the same spot.

“I’ve been trying to figure this out for a while… But I’m pretty sure the quests don’t change all that much. So!” Her voice was injected with an extra bout of enthusiasm. Maybe that would convince the girl to give in, she thought. “If you tell me what your quests are, eventually you’ll get one that’s pretty close to mine, and I’ll be able to suss this out, get another message that I can actually see, and be on my way! Pretty simple, right?” The girl nodded to herself, quickly realising that she didn’t need the woman to confirm how clever her plan was.

[attr="class,"divide"]
template by kay
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Let Us Start The Game
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2020 0:57:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Simple. Of course. Of course it was simple how dumb could Antoinette be thinking otherwise. She just had to cycle through the basic tutorial missions that everyone had. So she did. She listed off every mission that she had done and every mission that she would be doing. She took the girl through each one so that they were technically going at the same pace. Each quest was simpler than the last, they killed some things, purchased some things, equipped somethings, learned about NPCs and quests, and in the end, they had to go out and fight a mob of low-level monsters. The last quest in which the two would be free of the hand holding of the tutorial once they completed it. She didn't know which tutorial mission Ultimeite would need but once she had gotten it the two might as well had finished the rest of them together just in case her quest box issue popped up again. At this point Antoinette didn't even ask, she just continued to do the quest as she was eager to get out of this tutorial and get stronger.

OOC NOTE: oof sorry this was short and very late sent

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Let Us Start The Game
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2020 7:44:50 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]The woman gave in, and thank goodness she did; Annie had no clue what she’d do if she couldn’t convince one person to help her. Narrowing down the quest that she was missing was easy enough – half of the tasks the girl listed she remembered doing, and the other half drew a blank. The source of her problems? ‘Last-hit an enemy in the Tutorial Zone with a Charged Move.’ By the time she’d returned to the area, everything fell to one auto-attack, and so she’d never thought to try!

“Well, don’t I feel like a dummy!” She was quick to laugh off the mistake. A floppy-handed gesture excused her. “Since I’m already here…” If the woman thought that she had been freed from the warrior, she’d quickly find herself sorely mistaken. After all, they’d already spent so much time together! Annie stuck with her as they completed the tutorial (which was surprisingly quick, once you could see the objectives. How about that?).

At the fringe of the tutorial zone, the two earned one last bout of experience. A pittance for somebody that had already traversed a good chunk of Ransei, but for a new player, it wasn’t insignificant. More importantly, Annie had been educated! ‘Oooh’s and ‘aaah’s accompanied each and every time that the game informed them of a shortcut button, or a special use for an item, or how to increase jump height.

“I’d say that went pretty well!” A stupid grin plastered itself on her avatar, oblivious as to how much she’d imposed. “Your help was much appreciated, Miss Bebe! Any time you need anything, just hit me up! I promise, I know a lot more when we’re outside of the tutorial.” A friend request was offered, allowing Antoinette to see the truth to her words. The girl’s level was much too high for her to be at the start of the game, and if cross-referenced with the leaderboard, the warrior’s name could be found near the top.

“You take care now, alright?” With her farewell given, she opened up a menu and warped into a no man’s land.

[attr="class,"divide"]
template by kay
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Let Us Start The Game
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2020 20:14:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Helping out Ultimeite proved to be an easy task but the real surprise was at the end. When all was said and done, and thanks were given, Ultimeite sent her a friend request. Keep up appearances and not trying to come off like her usual bitch faced self, Antoinette accepted the request and felt her face shift ever so slightly into the realm of surprise. This individual should have never been in the tutorial area, in fact, this person was leaps and bounds stronger than anyone remotely in the area. She had gained a powerful ally or at least she could say she added one of the strongest players to her friend's list, which only could prove useful. A fire lit up inside Antoinette because she now knew that she could get to that level of strength and she could climb that leadership board, and one day stand neck and neck with Ultimeite instead of running so far behind her she couldn't even see her. The levels she gained from doing the tutorial felt insignificant in the face of a rank she had lucked out in seeing. This game would be a lot more interesting now. Assuring Ultimeite that she would call if she did need something, she watched the girl warp away. Antoinette wouldn't waste any more time in the tutorial area and started her own adventure.

-exit-

OOC NOTE: oof sorry this was short and very late sent