yuko

onus
he/him/his
twenty three
ranger
cadet
7 height
7 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
31 posts
onus eliakim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @onus
onus eliakim
still up [o]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2020 5:41:58 GMT
onus eliakim Avatar

he cannot imagine a market open later than a bar doing well, per se, but he does not need to imagine it. it sprawls before him, vendors vexing passersby in an attempt to turn them into customers. onus eliakim is no exception, his ears ringing with the sound of an alolan man trying to sell him sea shells as his feet carry him away from yet another dive bar. "orre's" carried nothing more than beer water, the kind of shit guys his age should be drinking.

the distaste is enough to turn him away after one beer, back into the streets of the night market. Another spewing of marketing nonsense registers in his ears as a ploy directed at him -- onus does not take the time to listen. "not interested." the streets are quieter than they were an hour before, quiet enough for a second plea from the man. he feels his eyes roll and his feet stop their disappointed trudging.

"listen, unless you have galarian beer under the table, i'm not interested. okay?" his voice is sharper than it needs to be, and sharper than he intends it to be. his eyes roll again. "sorry. just...no thank you."

his eyes leave the man's and return to their scanning of the store fronts in search of a promising dive.

@open, social