[nospaces]
[attr="class","boatwrap"]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

i've tasted blood and it is sweet
[break]i've had the rug pulled beneath my feet
[break]i've trusted lies and trusted men
[break]broke down and put myself back together

What was Katherine even looking for in Rustboro Town?
[break][break]
If someone here was able to recognize her, they may have also asked themselves this question. The rocket member had no business in this town, never mentioned having family here, or even... liking this place. But she did like booze. Lots of it, as much of it, and as cold as it could come. Warm alcohol tasted just like what it looked like.
[break]
Awful.
[break][break]
"One dry martini, please." The lavender-haired woman passes a bill to the bartender as if to draw his attention, and take care of her order first. It wasn't packed but... There were certainly other people who desired their drink. Most, if she had to guess, needed them sooner rather than later. People came to these places to drown their sorrow and guilt until they couldn't feel, didn't they?
[break][break]
What a waste of good alcohol.

[attr="class","boatbottom"]
open for one~
[break]come drink with her. it'll be fun!
[attr="class","sltdrkcred"][ DARKEE ]

[newclass=.boatwrap]margin: 0px auto; margin-top: 20px; width: 350px; padding: 40px; background-color: #f5f5f5; border: 1px solid #dddddd; font: 11px arial; text-align: justify; color: #616161;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap b]color: #616161; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover b]color: #e05d87;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boattop]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; border-bottom: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover .boattop]color: #e05d87;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic]width: 70px; margin: 0px auto; margin-bottom: 10px; filter: grayscale(100%); -moz-filter: grayscale(100%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic img]width: 70px; height: 70px; border-radius: 100%; -moz-border-radius: 100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover .boatpic]filter: grayscale(0%); -moz-filter: grayscale(0%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 20px; border-top: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom a]font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sltdrkcred]text-align: center; font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold;[/newclass][newclass=.sltdrkcred a]font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
one last glass [o]
POSTED ON May 15, 2020 10:14:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
If I wasn't comfortable with myself, I would never be comfortable.
POKÉMON

The slap of a thick folder against the bar counter several stools away preceded the exhausted sigh of the young man who had cast it. "I'll have a Mint Julep."

"... What the fuck is that?" The gruff bartender with the patchy grey stubble responded, not pausing as he wiped the inside of a glass clean with his rag and stared at the disheveled detective. The lad in question had been preparing to seat himself on the stool he had chosen, but had instead been prompted to freeze in place with his hands propped on the edge of the counter. The narrowed glare he cast back was a mixture of disbelief and ire.

"... You really don't know? Stop busting my—" He cut himself short suddenly when he noticed out of the corner of his blue eyes that they were in the presence of a lady. Slightly embarrassed, he cleared his throat and pushed himself off the counter as he fixed his loose tie. "I mean, uh... it's a common drink, Harold, come on. You been living under a rock? Anyone knows it." He explained, turning to and gesturing towards the female as he smiled at her shortly thereafter.

"You know it... right?"

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
one last glass [o]
POSTED ON May 15, 2020 14:10:46 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

I've tasted blood and it is sweet[break]
I've had the rug pulled beneath my feet[break]
I've trusted lies and trusted men[break]
Broke down and put myself back together

Katherine found it impossible to keep up with the number of men who chose to enter the bar sighing, as if it was the only way to announce they've arrived. Some were more interesting, some were not. Turning to see who was the newcomer each time was tiring, however... It's the mention of Atlan's choice of drink that draws the attention of the violet-haired woman. She adjusts in her seat, eyes averting to the side to scan him from head to toe.
[break]
That was a first for tonight. A Mint Julep. It wasn't impressive, no, but at least it wasn't a beer or some simple rum.
[break][break]
"It's a cocktail. The base of it is mostly whiskey and sugar if I recall correctly. Light, almost sweet... Very..." The interaction between the man and the bartender did not go unnoticed. In fact, Atlan stopping himself from saying what Katherine presumed to be a curse was cute in her eyes. Almost innocent. Old fashioned manners were always so strange for the Rocketess. So... Foreign. "..Soft, I'd say. You can't get hungover from a Mint Julep." However, she wouldn't be opposed to the idea of curing a hangover with this drink.
[break][break]
"Forget about it, Harold. He'll have an old-fashioned." A smile blossoms upon Katherine's countenance just as she delivers the glass of martini to her lips, stealing a short sip. "My name is Katherine. And you are..?"

[newclass=.boatwrap]margin: 0px auto; margin-top: 20px; width: 350px; padding: 40px; background-color: #f5f5f5; border: 1px solid #dddddd; font: 11px arial; text-align: justify; color: #616161;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap b]color: #616161; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boattop]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; border-bottom: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic]width: 70px; margin: 0px auto; margin-bottom: 10px; filter: grayscale(100%); -moz-filter: grayscale(100%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic img]width: 70px; height: 70px; border-radius: 100%; -moz-border-radius: 100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover .boatpic]filter: grayscale(0%); -moz-filter: grayscale(0%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 20px; border-top: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom a]font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sltdrkcred]text-align: center; font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold;[/newclass][newclass=.sltdrkcred a]font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
one last glass [o]
POSTED ON May 16, 2020 5:39:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
POKÉMON

Atlan had almost stepped in to suggest bourbon instead of whiskey when the young lady had mentioned it, but had refrained from doing so for two reasons: the first being that he supposed that could very well be how Mint Julep's were made in Hoenn. The second being that the point he was trying to get across to their gruff bartender would falter in the face of even the most minor correction. But she was right about it being sweetened with sugar.

Moments before he rolled along with it and savored his 'aha' moment, however, she made a rather bold decision that made him blink in surprise... then smile back at her with amusement twinkling in his eyes. Knowing full well how to make that particular cocktail, Harold nodded and got to work. "That just so happens to be another favorite of mine." Atlan remarked in a matter-of-factly sort of way, loosening his sharp blue tie before sauntering towards her.  "Are you psychic? Or did my clothes give it away?" He joked, pulling out the empty stool a few feet away from hers before finally taking a seat as she introduced herself.

Her name was Katherine...

Something about that put a gleam in his eye.

"Atlan. My friends call me At." He smirked.

"And that's to say no one." Harold felt the need to add beneath his breath, muddling a sugar cube, bitters, and a splash of water in a glass for Atlan's cocktail.

Atlan took a moment to narrow his eyes vindictively in the bartender's direction. "As if you'd know my life outside this shack, old timer." Not one to linger on that particular moment, he promptly turned back to the female with his pleasant expression.  "I don't suppose you come here often... do you? I haven't seen you here before anyway." He added, reaching over the bar counter afterwards to preemptively grab a coaster.

Meanwhile, another patron entered the establishment and took a seat at the other side of the bar. His features were mostly obscured by a baseball cap he wore along with a denim jacket and ripped jeans. Though he received a customary greeting from Harold, it appeared he was far more interested in quietly taking a seat and opening up a magazine to read instead. Too invested in having a drink (and the new company he was currently keeping), Atlan didn't even notice the stranger.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
one last glass [o]
POSTED ON May 16, 2020 11:47:31 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

"You'll have to stick around a bit longer if you truly care to find out." There's that signature, sly smirk that spreads across the woman's lips when the words part from her lips, just as Atlan takes a seat beside her. "But the clothes helped, yes." Her eyes shifted towards Harold, observing him just before the alcohol is poured into the glass. "It tastes better with rye whiskey, Harold. If you don't mind..." Her eyes drift back towards Atlan. She doesn't need to watch the bartender switch between the bottles. After all, it was enough to listen to the sound of the cheap bottle he heavily placed back on the counter.
[break][break]
The man murmured a couple of words, likely something about how young people were the worst to serve.
[break][break]
"Atlan." She repeats, her eyes smiling now as well. Kat paid no mind to Harold at this point-- at least for now, for as long as her glass wasn't empty. "No, I don't. I've never been to this bar before. And I don't visit Rustboro often. Not as much as I'd like." It's a lie, of course, but the smile betrays whatever feelings she truly held for the city. "But that can change. I haven't been given a good enough reason to return yet." But the night was still young, and the possibilities were endless.
[break][break]
Katherine finishes whatever was left of her martini next. The skewer of olives is fished from the empty cocktail glass, and the woman frees them of the skewer with her teeth. It was her favorite thing about her favorite drink. The glass is pushed slightly closer towards the bartender's side of the counter, waiting to be refilled.
[break][break]
"What brings you here, At? An annoying boss or a bitchy girlfriend?" One might mistake her bluntness for a side effect of intoxication. It isn't. Katherine is always this direct.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
one last glass [o]
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 18:24:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
POKÉMON

Either she knew what she was talking about or Harold was too preoccupied or lazy to quip back with some sort of remark. He opted to believe the former, but was eager to try the drink and definitively find out for himself. Katherine exuded a force of personality that very clearly defined her as a woman with experience— and even a unique sense of elegance, at that. But she could also easily pass off as a teenager who had no place in a bar.

Even so, she admitted this was her first time here and Harold said nothing to dispute that. The familiarity she'd already built with the gruff old man attested to a powerful charisma that brimmed beneath that sly smile of hers. Atlan silently commended it. It was certainly part of the reason he found himself so intrigued by her. It wasn't every day that the Runaway Growlithe had someone this interesting inside it.

"Sounds like you haven't received a proper tour of the city. I'm sure I could help you find some reason to come back." He smiled, watching as she partook of the olives in her now empty martini glass. 

The only thing that drew his attention away was their bartender setting his Old Fashioned upon his coaster. Wrapping his fingers around the glass with one hand, and gesturing towards Katherine's empty martini glass with the other, Atlan nodded. "Her next drink is on me. Put it on my tab." He stated, turning back to the female as she voiced her blunt set of questions.

"I suppose 'annoying boss' fits my reason for being in Rustboro pretty well. Though you'd think we've been married for fifty years or some such with the amount of arguing we do." He joked, taking a sip from his drink afterward.

A smooth and silky taste... a hint of sweetness underlined by a pang of spiciness. The signature sting of rye whiskey garnished with an orange peel. Damn, was it good. Something about it fit his personality nicely. And it seemed like Katherine really did know her stuff after all.

"Mm... and how about you?" He asked, swiftly licking away the last traces of spice on his lips as he set the drink down. "I doubt a charming girl like yourself traveled all this way just to visit the Runaway Growlithe and keep Harold here company." A grunt of amusement and disapproval from the old bartender as he wiped his counter nearby.

Satisfied by the bartender's response, Atlan shifted his blue eyes back towards Katherine. "Work?"
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
one last glass [o]
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 19:49:01 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

Charisma or entitlement. Katherine was practically swimming in a pool of one of those-- but the question remained; which? Was she a natural charmer who easily impressed people or was she a snob who believed herself to be superior to everyone else? It reality, it was a mix of both.
[break][break]
But it does take a while to peel the layers of defenses she keeps around herself to witness this. To understand why she is the way she is. And living a double life as a member of a criminal organization... It didn't help obviously. She only had more to hide. But when a person like Kat does something of this nature for so long, it becomes easy. A part of a routine. The truth is what you make it.
[break]And the process of making it never stopped.
[break][break]
"Oh? A proper tour you say?" Atlan was not the first to make this offer to her, but this was the first time she seriously considered accepting it. "That doesn't sound too bad." She couldn't help but wonder what else was worth seeing in Rustboro city. Last Katherine heard, there was a company worth robbing that operated within the city. But she doubted that his offer included any criminal activities.
[break][break]
"Another martini then, Harold." He had to have known that she preferred it colder and drier than most by now.
[break][break]
"Ah. I am afraid this will be disappointing to hear. I don't have any interesting boss to tell you about," Katherine reveals with a proud smile. It's not that she was unemployed, of course, but she preferred to switch between jobs as quickly as she could. Whenever something new came up, she moved on. "I don't like sticking to one place or a job for too long. Once I get bored, I move on." She looked around the bar, almost as if checking it out for the very first time tonight. "I suppose that's what brought me here. Curiosity, boredom. A bit of both."
[break][break]
Her lavender eyes returned to Atlan after a brief moment, the smile persisting. "So far I am not regretting my decision to come here."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
one last glass [o]
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 3:56:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
POKÉMON

Oh? She was keen on the idea of having him show her around? Atlan couldn't say that had worked on any girl before. Usually they rolled his eyes at him; Harold could attest to that himself. He'd seen him get butchered out here on the bar floor by the few women who visited.

As the bartender got to work on her martini and she explained her presence in this city, however, the blue-eyed chap kept his thoughts on that to himself for the time being. She was self-employed, after all. And not only was that admirable but it was also fairly fascinating. His hues of blue met so naturally with her lavender eyes, and he couldn't help but simper at the subtle and unspoken messages he perceived from her. "I'm glad you've been entertained. How much of that can I take credit for so far, hm?" He teasingly smirked, taking a sip of his drink as propped his arm on the bar counter and cradled the side of his face in one of his hands.

"Are you a private contractor for some sort of... service?" He then inquired with a casual tone, almost immediately recognizing the possible misconceptions a question like that could sprout up afterward. Slight blush on his cheeks be damned, he continued after a beat. "Mm... you know... like for art or architectural design, for example?" He added, clearing his throat out of nothing more than a nervous tick as he smiled.

Thankfully, Harold came to the rescue by offering them a brief interlude as he served Katherine a new martini. The man in the hat, reading his magazine on the other side of the counter, in the meantime, stood up from his stool and sauntered towards the restroom in the corner.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
one last glass [o]
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 22:41:05 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

His question rings in her mind, and although she knows the answer - it isn't fired so quickly. There's always a bit of teasing when it comes to Katherine, at least wherever possible. Two steps forward and then one back. When things burned slowly, the woman could enjoy them for longer. And tonight, she wanted to toast Atlan on the faintest of flames.
[break][break]
The way you'd cook an animal who's not meant to find out that it's dinner for later.
[break][break]
"Hm... Some, some. I guess I'd split it in half between you and Harold, At." A faint smirk touches at the Rocketess' lips, and despite the compliment the bartender is given, she pays him no mind. Her focus is devoted to Atlan alone, it seems.
[break][break]
"Service..." Kat paid a glance to her clothing, or rather, the small cleavage that her dress allowed. "And I thought I dressed quite conservatively." She remains silent for a brief while, intent on making Atlan believe that she was serious. "Just kidding. I know it's not what you meant. But... My jobs are fairly simple. Whatever gets me the most cash for the least amount of time." But then again, who doesn't aim for the same conditions? "I usually waiter in fancy events. You know, rich people's parties. When they feel like donating some of their money for a cause." Which half of the time translated to 'good publicity'.
[break][break]
"I've had a couple of times where I just worked at a shop, but only for a day or two. I prefer working in places where tips are involved."
[break][break]
Her smile grows a tiny bit wider now, "You know, because of my charm. It really works."
[break][break]
"Thank you."
[break][break]
Harold passes Katherine a nod as her drink is served, and she is quick to claim a sip of it while it's still cold and the cocktail glass is freezing. The mist that rises from it doesn't concern her. If anything, it encourages her to hurry.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
one last glass [o]
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 7:07:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
POKÉMON

Atlan is playfully astonished about her giving half the credit to their gruff bartender, but doesn't falter as he eases back into their titillating conversation. The focus in her eyes is a clue to the truth. He instinctively follows those eyes as they briefly glance downward at her own cleavage... then immediately blushes when he realizes. Her teasing has little impact as he tears his eyes away and takes a long sip of his cocktail, pretending to find a bottle of whiskey on the counter across them very interesting.

Katherine is quick to admit she's joking, however, and his demeanor settles back into comfort when he realizes he didn't catch him staring... or, at the very least, didn't make any verbal announcement or physical cue that she had. All too happy to get to the root of the matter instead, he listened as he gently spun his glass in circles. Then he smiles when he realizes she's really a drifter.

Just as he had been not too long ago.

"I've only just met you and I'm sure you could charm the skin off a snake. Which is ideal, considering Hoenn's elite deals almost exclusively in those kind of people." He amusedly remarks, finishing the last of his Old Fashioned with a satisfied 'ahh' afterwards. Setting the empty glass on the coaster, he carefully plucks the slice of orange off its edge as he continues. "I used to be in your place just a few months ago, y'know... hopping from town-to-town, job-to-job... always on the move."

His mouth dips into a solemn (but only slight) frown as his eyes pensively narrow on the orange slice he holds clasped between two fingers. "... But never really getting anywhere in any kind of sense that mattered." There's a quiet pause. Then he realizes he might have just insulted her. Bright blue eyes blink as he refocuses them on the violet-haired beauty and apologetically smiles. "I mean, at least in my case. I bet you make a killing in tips alone. Still looking for work around Rustboro? Maybe I can help."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
one last glass [o]
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 14:07:35 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

There's a moment of hesitation where the woman wonders if she should mention where his eyes went. Maybe even a remark about how her eyes were up here and not there-- but Katherine decides against it. Atlan was blushing plenty enough without her embarrassing him further. Regardless, it seemed like he caught himself doing it faster than most. Her comment wasn't necessary.
[break][break]
"Well, I haven't tried anything like that just yet..." But if the opportunity was to arise, the Rocketess would consider it a challenge. And she rarely backs away from those. "Oh?" It was funny. If it wasn't for the criminal organization, she would not have been able to support her current lifestyle. The surprise that creeps to her expression comes without warning. Until now, Katherine was convinced that Atlan was the type who could only stomach sitting behind a desk and working in an office. Who would've thought that he was once a drifter too?
[break][break]
Regardless, no insult is found in his remark.
[break][break]
Maybe if Kat's life wasn't as boring as she described, then it would have hit her differently. But considering her secrets? She'd be a hypocrite if she tried to pretend that Atlan was wrong. "It depends on the job and the people, I guess. I've been to places where people don't tip at all." Harold, who until now pretended as if he wasn't eavesdropping, coughed like he had just choked on something.
[break][break]
The prospect of no tips scared many, it seemed.
[break][break]
"But a job in Rustboro, hm... What do you have for me, At?" Katherine takes another sip from her martini before leaning closer, invading his personal space. She halts an inch or two away from his ear, hushed words parting from her lips. "..I am just warning you. I don't think you can handle me in a maid outfit."
[break][break]
If staring at her cleavage almost turned him into a tomato, she imagined anything further would cause a nosebleed.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
one last glass [o]
POSTED ON May 23, 2020 19:26:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
POKÉMON

Atlan regarded Harold's obvious cough with an amused chuckle. He'd always been a pain about tips, despite his constant reminders that he wasn't. When, honestly, a ten percent bonus (at least) was all that divided a flat lukewarm lager from a frosty cold beer. And Arceus help you if you complained about it. Carmina was always just an arm's reach away for the gruff old bartender...

Thankfully, Atlan knew better on both counts.

He was all too happy to drift his thoughts away from that barbed wire bat hidden behind the counter, instead returning his attention to the violet-haired belle sitting nearby. She expressed some degree of interest in his offer. When she leaned in close, however, close enough to catch the scent of vodka and its hint of vermouth on her lips, he blinked in surprise and froze. She whispers in his ear, and a strangely satisfying chill runs down his spine. Admittedly, he gulps and begins to blush again...

But, much like her, he appreciates a good challenge. Especially when it comes to a woman he might fancy.

So, while another man might have succumbed to the instinct of becoming flustered and bashful, Atlan narrows his blue eyes and smirks instead. Past the small red glow across his face, that now fades with every passing second, a sly fox has emerged. She's good. Real good. But making him feel like a schoolboy at the 8th grade prom dance would not go uncorrected. Not if he could help it.

The sharply dressed gentleman leans in slow himself, his cheek soft against her own and his sweetened breath warm against her ear as he whispers back. "You let me worry about what I can and can't handle... there might be a prize in it for you either way." He smirks, pulling back to look her in the eye before lightly tracing a finger down the edge of her chin.

Captured in the moment, he fails to notice the stranger walking past them. Having exited the restroom seconds earlier, and left his magazine behind on the counter, the quiet fellow heads towards the stool Atlan had initially seated himself on... then swipes up the thick case folder abandoned there when the assistant had made his way over to Katherine. He would have gotten away with it, too... if it hadn't been for their dear old bartender.

"Hey! Hey, you sonuvabitch, that ain't yours!" He barks as he pulls out the aforementioned Carmine, immediately prompting Atlan to drop his hand and sharply turn over his shoulder to see the stranger bursting out the door with his folder. "He took your papers!"

"C-Crap!" Atlan exclaims, sliding off the stool so quickly that he nearly topples it over. "The case is over if I lose those!" Fumbling past his jacket to reach one of the heavy ball's clipped to his belt, he walks backwards towards the door as he acknowledges Katherine. "Sorry I have to cut this short, doll. Ask Harold for my business card, unless..." There's a gleam in his eyes when he reaches the door, holding it open with one hand while the other holds onto the ball he's unclipped.

"You want a taste of that job I told you about?"

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
one last glass [o]
POSTED ON May 23, 2020 23:28:59 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

Atlan's words surprise Katherine.
[break][break]
No, not just his words. The fact he's willing to lean in closer and respond so easily surprises her. That's the one. But when his finger touches her skin, she's practically at disbelief. Not because it bothered her, but simply because until now... She had mistaken him for a coward. Someone she could push around easily. A nudge here and a nudge there, and he'll do just what she expects him to.
[break][break]
However, it seemed like the Rocketess read him wrong.
[break][break]
"A reward, huh?" It's either the moment that captivates her attention or the alcohol, but whichever it was, Katherine fails to notice the stranger in time. Atlan's case folder is stolen. Harold is the one to thank for alerting them of the thief-- but he is also the reason the man breaks into a sprint, intent on escaping before he can be stopped. She respected it. It takes courage to steal so obviously in such a public setting. Not anyone is willing to commit to such an act so easily. Many in the organization she worked for lacked this fire in them. It was rare. But Katherine had it. It's why she was capable of recognizing it in someone else.
[break][break]
"..Oh. I am definitely coming with you."
[break][break]
There was no doubt in her heart about it. "You need to know who you're hiring, after all." And what better way to demonstrate her skills than to catch someone who happened to be a thief like her?
[break][break]
Kat's movements almost mimic Atlan's. The violet-haired woman is swift to rise from her seat and collect a Pokeball from her bag. There is no hesitation - not a second is wasted. She acts first and thinks second. It's always been this way. The button at the middle of the pokeball is pressed lightly, allowing Morgana, her Mismagius, to materialize.
[break][break]
Most pokemons would find it hard to traverse in a city during the night.
[break][break]
But not one who'd been trained to do so like Morgana had.
[break][break]
"Morgana. Bring us to the man who's running." It's a straight forward command that is answered without a sound. Instead, the move used merely allows for the Ghost-type to shape a portal of sorts from the shadows of the night. Katherine takes a step forward, dipping half of her body inside before looking towards Atlan, "If we manage to catch him first, you're telling me what's so important in that folder, At."
[break][break]
She smiles, and then takes the final step into the portal. Mismagius joins her trainer before the portal is sealed, and they disappear-- likely with the intent of appearing somewhere near the escaping thief.
[break][break]
The race is on.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
one last glass [o]
POSTED ON May 30, 2020 21:22:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
POKÉMON

Atlan smirks. Another go-getter. He couldn't say he hadn't been expecting it. Though he had to wonder whether the liquor had any part to play in this decision she'd made as well. Regardless, she seemed well enough to swiftly summon a Mismagius and command it to open a shadowy portal. By the time she'd placed a foot inside, he'd unclipped a heavy ball from his own belt and summoned a Galvantula. It looked up at her trainer with all of its eyes, but he was busy being amused at Katherine's bet. "Oh? Alright. And if we win... I get to take you out on a date." He adds with a smile.

Before either of them could add anything else, however she disappears. Pushing the door open all the way, Atlan only spares a moment to glance at Harold when he makes a remark. "You're gonna have your hands full with that one, kid. Good luck. Go get 'em." He says, casting his towel down on the counter.

Atlan laughs. "I'm counting on it." Looking down at his Galvantula, he gestures for it to exit with a nod as he swiftly takes off his jacket, then tosses the article of clothing to the gruff bartender. "Hold onto this for me til I come back, will ya? Thaaanks!"

And, with that, their little game begins.

| | |

The soles of his brown leather shoes rap against the rugged brown brickwork of the city's sidewalks as he runs down the boulevard, followed closely by a large Galvantula that crawls rapidly (and sideways) against the storefronts and apartment buildings they pass. When it encounters a gap too wide for it to jump over, the arachnid shoots a string of web at the nearest lamppost before swinging from it, effortlessly gliding through the air before landing against another building. 

The thief turns a corner and is lost from their sight. Rather than follow the same route, however, Atlan first comes across an alleyway headed in the same direction his target had. He makes eye-contact with his pokémon, then points in the direction the thief had gone. "Go get him, Satine. I'll try and cut him off!" He says, not wasting another moment as he charges forward to leap on and climb a fence in the middle of the alleyway.

Chase Dynamic: The first one of us to beat the thief's rolls three times catches him! If we happen to catch up to him at the same time, highest rolls win! If one of us lose twice in a row, though, we lose sight of him...

Atlan splits up with his Galvantula and takes an alley to try and cut the thief off:

IGh9pnG|

Thief turns the corner to try and lose his pursuers:

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
·
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
one last glass [o]
POSTED ON May 30, 2020 23:54:48 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

"Sure. As long as you know you'll really have to earn it."
[break][break]
What exactly did she mean by that..?
[break][break]
Atlan is left without another word from the Rocketess, who prefers to keep things mysterious for the time being. Considering they weren't racing just for his folder now, the game's difficulty had increased. And with it, Katherine's investment in capturing the thief grew as well. Halting Atlan from reaching him before her suddenly became a goal in itself. The trainer and her Mismagius emerge from the portal, having already closed some of the distance by now.
[break][break]
Still, the culprit won't be this easy to catch up to.
[break][break]
She half-regretted the decision to wear heels but if Rocket taught her anything then it was that running was possible both on sneakers and high-heel shoes. You just had to try hard enough. And as both Morgana and Katherine proceed, one by levitating and the other by running, a second Pokeball is retrieved. A Honchkrow is released next. He keeps up with their pace by flapping his wings and remaining by Kat's side.
[break][break]
"Qrow, there you are. You don't mind helping us a little, do you?"
[break][break]
The dual-type was pleased to be released when it was this dark. He had no complaints. "Good! Then go handle the trainer and his Galvantula for us, please. Don't harm either of them but be creative. Do whatever you feel like to slow them down."
[break][break]
The crow-like Pokemon released a loud cry before flapping his wings stronger, using them to lift himself upper into the air. Whereas most would find it hard to spot figures in the dark, Katherine's Honchkrow is one of the few who are fairly used to it. Atlan and his spider are spotted eventually, urging Honchkrow to release a thick HAZE from his beak. It spreads on the ground easily, providing a smokescreen that might interfere with the duo's ability to continue.
[break][break]
And of course, he can't help but release more of his obnoxious cries. He is proud of himself. He was known for his trickery as a Murkrow, and clearly, evolution hasn't changed him.
[break]
b|wvkmXC

[break]
qrow is just happy to be here tbh.