Didn't wanna write a love song
[break]Usually these things come out wrong
[break]But you been up in my head all day long
[break]And now I'm all gone, yeah
[break]Didn't know we'd end up this way
[break]Keepin' memories on replay
[break]Yeah you make me want to catch the bouquet
[break]I just want to stay here

was this katherine's strangest mission to date?
[break][break]
by the second time kat reads the message she had been sent by one of her operatives, she certainly believes so. 'a ship is being delayed because of wailords. deal with it before the rangers do'. the rocket member presumed that the rush stemmed from the fact that the rangers might have been able to notice what was being shipped for her organization, but then again... this still felt weird to her.
[break][break]
oh well.[break]
at least they promised she'll be entertained since it wouldn't be just her dealing with this. whatever, she can stomach one lousy mission for some cash.
[break][break]
"we have some big guys to take care of," kat paid a glance at her mask collection, wondering which of them she'd like to don tonight. she settles on a dark, swan-like mask with lace stitched to it on its edges. she had an affinity for these masks, it seemed. a dark color, as always, and an animal theme.
the fairburne had a style that she loved.
[break][break]
"take us away, arthur."
[break][break]
her hotel room flashed with a bright, pink light before the psychic-type teleported himself and his trainer away, likely stopping a few times before reaching the beach of dewford city.

[attr="class","boatbottom"]
@nova
[attr="class","sltdrkcred"][ DARKEE ]

[newclass=.boatwrap]margin: 0px auto; margin-top: 20px; width: 350px; padding: 40px; background-color: #f5f5f5; border: 1px solid #dddddd; font: 11px arial; text-align: justify; color: #616161;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap b]color: #616161; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover b]color: #e05d87;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boattop]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; border-bottom: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover .boattop]color: #e05d87;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic]width: 70px; margin: 0px auto; margin-bottom: 10px; filter: grayscale(100%); -moz-filter: grayscale(100%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic img]width: 70px; height: 70px; border-radius: 100%; -moz-border-radius: 100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover .boatpic]filter: grayscale(0%); -moz-filter: grayscale(0%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 20px; border-top: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom a]font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sltdrkcred]text-align: center; font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold;[/newclass][newclass=.sltdrkcred a]font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a sea of troubles [m]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2020 21:21:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","yuki-box"]
[attr="class","yuki-large"]

[attr="class","yuki-smallbox"]

[attr="class","yuki-tag"]

[attr="class","yuki-notes"]
notes can go here, keep it short

[attr="class","yuki-iconborder"]
[attr="class","yuki-icon"]

[attr="class","yuki-textbox"]
[attr="class","yuki-text"]

"How the heck are we supposed to move them?" [break][break]

Riding on her Dragonite's back, the two closed in on the shore of Dewford Town. The large beast spread its wings wide on arrival, lowering its altitude to slow to a gentle descent. As soon as the dragon's feet hit land, Nova jumped off and onto the sand. She had been contemplating if she really had the tools to move such a behemoth that was a Wailord through their entire ride. [break][break]

A flash of light alerted the girl and her partner to the presence of another pair, presumably the partner meant to accompany Nova on this task. The redhead truly hoped that they had a plan, because she sure didn't. [break][break]

Nova sauntered forward to meet them, hands held behind her back politely. [break][break]

"Hi, you must be Katherine," Nova introduced, recalling the name that the operative had mentioned. "I'm Nova." [break][break]

Crimson eyes spared the glistening water a gaze. She could see the round bodies of the massive whales in the distance. [break][break]

"They said to hit them really hard-- but will it really not harm them?" Nova muttered in a concerned fashion, mostly to herself.

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[newclass=.yuki-box] height: 450px; width: 550px; background: #000; border:20px solid; border-radius:10px; border-color:#ffc4c4; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-large]height:450px;width:250px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/wvAcvkd.png');position:absolute;left:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-smallbox] height:450px; width:350px; background:#fff; position:absolute; right:0px; border-radius:50px 0px 0px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-iconborder]height:100px;width:100px;background:#ffc4c4;border-radius:100px;position:absolute;right:15px;top:15px;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-icon]height:100px;width:100px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/T3vcDQw.png');border-radius:100px;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-textbox] height:220px; width:250px; background:#fff; border:1px solid #ffc4c4; position:absolute; bottom:40px; right:20px; padding:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text] height:190px; width:230px; position:absolute; top:25px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; overflow:auto; padding:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text b]color:#db0000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-tag] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:150px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:40px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-notes] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:250px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:50px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text::-webkit-scrollbar] width: 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: #ffc4c4; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a sea of troubles [m]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2020 21:50:29 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boatwrap"]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

"that's me."
[break][break]
the swan mask katherine wore had two holes for her eyes to peek through, and it covered the rest of her face-- except for her lips. the rocket member allowed a smirk to spread across her lips, "i prefer kat though, if you don't mind." she didn't need people spreading her real name around, after all. as talkative as katherine might have been, the regal, gladiator-like pokemon stood motionless and didn't say anything.
[break][break]
it was the way her gallade was regardless of strangers.
[break][break]
"do we care?"
[break][break]
the more experienced of the duo asks, her eyes averting towards nova before blinking a couple of times, "look at how big they are. a couple of attacks won't kill them. they just need to be scared away-- so the shipment isn't disturbed." and rangers aren't sent to deal with this and snoop around the area. a pokeball is retrieved by the so-called leader of the mission, and a digit lightly presses on the button at its middle. the familiar ruby-red beam materializes next, allowing katherine's metagross to make an appearance too.
[break][break]
and then the masked woman takes a seat on top of the steel-type.
[break][break]
"my metagross will take care of transporting us. your dragonite is more mobile, so... it'd be best if he and gallade fight together. and by fight together, i mean... him flying my gallade over." whether if nova was willing to follow the order or not, hammer already prepared itself by using magnet rise, lifting itself to air where it floated comfortably.
[break][break]
"well? what do you say?"

@nova

[newclass=.boatwrap]margin: 0px auto; margin-top: 20px; width: 350px; padding: 40px; background-color: #f5f5f5; border: 1px solid #dddddd; font: 11px arial; text-align: justify; color: #616161;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap b]color: #616161; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boattop]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; border-bottom: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic]width: 70px; margin: 0px auto; margin-bottom: 10px; filter: grayscale(100%); -moz-filter: grayscale(100%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic img]width: 70px; height: 70px; border-radius: 100%; -moz-border-radius: 100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover .boatpic]filter: grayscale(0%); -moz-filter: grayscale(0%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 20px; border-top: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom a]font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sltdrkcred]text-align: center; font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold;[/newclass][newclass=.sltdrkcred a]font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a sea of troubles [m]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2020 22:14:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"I suppose you're right..." [break][break]

Nova sighed, remembering that courtesy really meant nothing to Rocket. The organization got what they want using any means necessary. Other's discomfort or misfortune was simply collateral damage, damage Rocket cared not about. [break][break]

But Katherine--, or Kat, as the masked lady had emphasized, the sea creatures were big ones. A couple of strikes would likely just shake them enough to send them back into the water where they truly belonged. Nova used the thought to ease her worries and nodded. Best they get their mission underway as soon as possible. [break][break]

"Okay, you heard that, Drayco," Nova called out to the Dragonite. It nodded but its eyes averted to the side for mere moments. Nova could tell he felt a little hesitant. He wasn't the biggest for sharing tasks with other Pokemon. [break][break]

Walking forward, Nova gently took a spot on the Metagross. Her partner meanwhile pointed to its back with one of his clawed fingers, offering the Gallade a spot to ride on. If his back wasn't a place the dual-type was comfortable with, Drayco would just hold onto its arm while flying instead. Regardless of which spot the Gallade chose, as soon as it accepted, Drayco spread it wings and took off, flying towards their destination.

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[newclass=.yuki-box] height: 450px; width: 550px; background: #000; border:20px solid; border-radius:10px; border-color:#ffc4c4; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-large]height:450px;width:250px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/wvAcvkd.png');position:absolute;left:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-smallbox] height:450px; width:350px; background:#fff; position:absolute; right:0px; border-radius:50px 0px 0px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-iconborder]height:100px;width:100px;background:#ffc4c4;border-radius:100px;position:absolute;right:15px;top:15px;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-icon]height:100px;width:100px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/T3vcDQw.png');border-radius:100px;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-textbox] height:220px; width:250px; background:#fff; border:1px solid #ffc4c4; position:absolute; bottom:40px; right:20px; padding:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text] height:190px; width:230px; position:absolute; top:25px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; overflow:auto; padding:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-tag] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:150px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:40px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-notes] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:250px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:50px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a sea of troubles [m]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2020 22:38:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

"Trust me. I am right."
[break][break]
Katherine affirms, finding no trouble in speaking confidently. She was sure of herself, as always, when it came to business. It was natural. If she wasn't a rocket member, then she could have been a ruthless businesswoman. Both fields required a minimal amount of empathy-- and fate blessed her with practically none. Kat watches Nova as she takes a seat on Metagross, instructing the pokemon to move now with a couple of pats. It knew what it had to do.
[break][break]
The metal-type, aided by the previously used MAGNET RISE, floats effortlessly across the water. He transports the pair of rocket members without ever slowing down. Arthur seemed to handle his 'pairing' quite well, showing no prominent struggle with the plan Kat constructed. The Dragonite, however, felt different. It was evident that it wasn't going to be as easy for him as it was for the Gallade.
[break][break]
Arthur opts to be carried by his arm rather than to ride on the back of the dragon-type, remaining quiet and still in the meantime.
[break][break]
It's an awkward ride. Both for the pokemons and their trainers.
[break][break]
"..So. Are you new to Rocket? I don't think I've met you before." There were plenty of other members Kat has yet to meet, but still, small talk had to start somewhere.

@nova

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a sea of troubles [m]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2020 23:55:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

In the interlude, Nova had taken a moment to gently run her dainty finger through the cardinal-colored locks of her ponytail. It was a simple act of grooming, but was a bad habit the lass did whenever she felt nervous or uncertain. This habit of her's was slowly becoming a more common one as of late.[break][break]

"I am new," Nova replied, glancing over at Katherine. "I joined cause I needed to, nothing else." It probably wouldn't have been a hard guess for her, anyway. Nova didn't exude a demeanor of a vengeful person or someone after power. "I'm glad I haven't had to do anything especially gritty... Yet, anyway. In general, I deal with other affairs like spying. I don't like getting my hands too dirty." [break][break]

So many walks of life had joined up with Rocket, herself included. She could only wonder... If it wasn't out of necessity, what did people see so appealing with this evil group? [break][break]

"What about you? Have you done anything exciting here, yet?" Nova asked.

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a sea of troubles [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 14:37:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

It wasn't hard to pick up when a member of the organization was new. They were less sure of themselves, less rough around the edges, and certainly... Less approachable. There have been surprises in the past, and some have managed to stay the same despite the shady dealings of Rocket-- but most did not.
[break][break]
"How fun."
[break]
Her tone is flat, nothing about it suggested that she did deem joining the organization as a fun process. Frankly, she enjoyed being a part of it. Today, she wouldn't trade her position with any other job. But it was hard for her to view people as 'healthy' competition. She automatically considered them to be competition she must crush if anything. The less people standing between her and a more important position in Rocket, the better.
[break][break]
"That'll change at some point," A promise. "I've met a couple of new recruits who believed they could stick to just plain robberies or... Spying," Much like Nova just mentioned. "Things get dirty."
[break]
It happened fast if you were lucky. People needed to adjust their expectations quickly if they wanted to last a while in the organization.
[break][break]
"Exciting..? Hm..." One of her hands rose to toss some violet locks of hair back, past the woman's shoulder. "It depends on what you'd consider to be exciting, I suppose. I enjoy my work." A genuine smile indicated that this wasn't a lie. Or if it was, that it had been one Katherine practiced on for a long while. "Be more specific. Do you want to know if I've found any exotic pokemons? Robbed a place? Killed someone?"
[break]
The last of the scenarios is mentioned with a quirk of her brow, if only to judge Nova's reaction.
[break][break]
Eventually, as the small talk continues, the duo and their pokemons find Wailord they were promised to meet. Metagross stops not far from it, levitating about the water without moving. "There. That should do it. We are close enough now," Or so she imagined. "If you have any psychic-types with you, I could use their help. Otherwise... A water-type would be helpful. We want to direct the Wailord away."
[break][break]
But even with the aid of another pokemon, that alone won't cut it.
[break]
Kat's eyes searched for Arthur, who had his gaze fixed upon his trainer already. Their eyes locked with each other's briefly, just before a light emitted both from the trainer and the pokemon. A purple light enveloped Katherine, threatening to blind Nova momentarily should she stare directly at it. A beam from both of their auras shot at each other, connecting for a second in what could only be described as a spectacle of lights.
[break]
Shades of purple bled into the golden light that was provided by Gallade.
[break][break]
It was anything but discreet. Maybe Katherine wanted the attention. Who knows, maybe she intended to have rangers coming here after all. Regardless of if such was the case or not, the light eventually subsided, and Gallade's new form was revealed both to Nova and her Dragonite, exposing the mega evolution of Katherine's partner.
[break][break]
"..That should be enough."

@nova

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a sea of troubles [m]
POSTED ON May 1, 2020 17:22:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"Dirty... Yeah,"[break][break]

She said the words but doing so burnt like a poison off her tongue. The thought of hurting citizens more than she'd already been sickened Nova. But Kat was right, sooner or later, it would quickly be unavoidable. She just hoped it would be the latter. Nova's hands moved away from her hair and instead found a spot within her lap, overlooking the sea below them. [break][break]

But when Katherine began talking again, Nova focused upward to the lady's masked face. Her eyes were shielded but her lips weren't. And what a sadistic smile she wore over those soft lips. Nova appeared utterly perplexed at how she could be smiling at all the horrible things she listed out. The redhead shuddered and hid her eyes with her hands at Kat's last words, shaking her head vigorously. "Oh jeez, all those things are terrible! F-Forget I asked, I don't want to know anymore," She quickly stammered out, cowering behind her palms. Not now, Nova thought. Not yet. She didn't wish to be exposed to the reality of this job. [break][break]

Drayco let out a sharp but brief growl as if to tell Kat to knock it off. The orange lizard was flying just a little higher than the Metagross, but he could still hear and see his partner's disturbed manner. It stared at the violet-haired Rocketess for a few more moments before prying his gaze away and to the Wailord ahead of them. [break][break]

"I just want to get my business here done so that I can go back to living as I used to," Nova muttered under her breath all while acknowledging Kat's request with a feeble nod. Feeling that they were not at a lower altitude, the young woman pried her hands away from her face. She only put herself through this insanity for the sake of her family. And it was family that mattered more than anything-- more than her own morals, as it had been playing out. Nova reached for a Pokeball at her belt and fingered the button at its center before throwing it out at the water. [break][break]

A flurry of brightness revealed the figure of a Samurott. It landed in the water with a gentle splash. But Brook's arrival was hardly showstopping in comparison to what happened next. Nova shielded her eyes away from the bright light that overtook both the Gallade and girl. When it finally faded, the dual-type's form appeared to change. [break][break]

Nova knew not about the intricacies of Mega Evolution, so her surprise was immeasurable. "Woah. What... happened?" Nova asked gently, admiring the Gallade's sharp blades and newly sprung cape. As far as she knew, Gallade was a final evolution... So, what could have this been? Brook and Drayco eyed the spectacle, however, the Water-type didn't seem to care much. It began to tread deeper into the water and towards the Wailord. [break][break]

"It's so cool!" Exclaimed the redhead like an excited child. "Whatever it is, it surely must be strong. Definitely enough to get these Wailords to move," She added, deviating her gaze between Kat and her Pokemon equally, a glaze of awe coating her crimson eyes.

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a sea of troubles [m]
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 2:19:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

"I was only trying to figure out what you wanted to hear," She excuses, not at all acknowledging the fact that she probably did go too far. Heck, even the Dragonite could see that. "I guess it wasn't that." She chuckles, watching as the red-head covers her eyes. She was... Not rocket material. That much was obvious to Katherine by now. But it was more of the thing you self-discover, rather than have a stranger tell you. She'll see it herself with time.
[break]
Or she'll turn over a new leaf, and realize what Rocket was really about.
[break][break]
Her attention is directed to Drayco for a couple of moments, offering the dragon-type the faintest of smiles. As if to say that everything was alright-- or that perhaps she didn't feel threatened enough to consider the warning seriously. Whatever it was, the smile is a brief one. Her focus remained on the mission, trivial things such as teasing a newbie and their pokemon could wait.
[break][break]
"..First time seeing a mega evolution?" It's a genuine question, as this phenomenon was still fairly rare to witness in person. "It's a temporary evolution that some pokemons can attain. It boosts their strength by... Well, a lot." Enough to deal with these whales, Katherine hoped. "Do you mind asking your Samurott to help with the waves..? So it's easier to move them." And more natural for Wailords to move away. Assuming Nova finds a way to do so, Katherine directs her attention to the mega-evolved Gallade and the Dragonite who carried him.
[break][break]
"Bring him down. Closer to the Wailord, please." She draws a breath before nodding at Arthur, who proceeds by striking the Wailord with its full strength, ultizing CLOSE COMBAT to try and force it away. With the aid of Nova's water-type... It should work.
[break][break]
The task is successfully completed, and then the pair of rockets and their pokemons begin to travel back towards the shore, "Not bad, not bad. You have potential, you know? Despite... Being so soft."

@nova

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a sea of troubles [m]
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 2:59:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Nova shook her head, both in awe and to answer Kat's question. "No, I didn't even know 'Mega Evolution' was a thing!" She'd grown up far too sheltered, the young woman supposed. Nova forced herself out of her fanciful stupor to command Brook to do as Katherine suggested. The large seal grunted and nodded its head, unsheathing its shell swords. Soon, a bright azure aura coated of the weapon. The Samurott used its Razor Shell attack to cast a powerful slash of energy into the water in order to stir up the waves. [break][break]

Drayco lowered the Gallade, and with the combination of the water and mega-evolved Pokemon's endeavors, they quickly managed to move the ginormous whales back into the deep waters where they belonged. [break][break]

"So powerful," Muttered Nova, watching the Gallade's fierce strikes against the large beast's blubber. For a few moments, Nova mused what it would be like for her own Pokemon to attain such an evolutionary feat. [break][break]

After a few minutes, the job was done and they were heading back now. Nova smiled meekly at the lilac-haired lady's words. She wasn't sure whether to take it as a compliment or an insult, but it was what it was. The redhead decided to just be glad another Rocket member acknowledged her efforts. "Thanks, I suppose," Nova replied, shuffling in place. [break][break]

"I hope to shed those habits, to be a little more assertive," Nova added, overlooking the sea, "I'm here for a really important reason and I don't want it to get in the way of my goals. If it did..." [break][break]

The thought of having to come home to a dead brother deeply bothered the Rocketess. In a small show of passion, Kat would witness an expression of anger from the redhead, one that was rarely seen. Her hands balled up into fists at her thighs, pulling at the fabric of her skirt heatedly. [break][break]

"I wouldn't ever be able to forgive myself." She said through gritted teeth.

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a sea of troubles [m]
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 16:31:43 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

The job was easy enough to perform now, with the aid of Nova's pokemon and the strength Gallade carried in his new form. However, it came with a cost. Despite sustaining no damage and only utilizing a couple of moves - the dual-type seemed exhausted. As if he'd just finished a marathon. The cost of this power was felt, and Katherine couldn't help but offer a sincere, apologetic smile to her partner. If it wasn't necessary, she wouldn't have done this.
[break][break]
He understood. Or maybe his loyalty to his trainer trumped any sort of pain or exhaustion he could feel. He was, after all, her first pokemon. She raised him ever since he was a little ralts, given to her by her adoptive parents after he hatched from his egg.
[break][break]
"I think you can do it." A vote of confidence. How rare... Maybe Katherine did mean what she said. Maybe she did see potential in Nova. And anyone who could benefit Rocket was good in her book. "It isn't easy, I know. It isn't simple to just accept doing all those things you were warned against." It wasn't easy for her either, back when she only started. "But you said it yourself. You have an important reason. Just keep it in mind whenever you doubt something."
[break][break]
Realization settled in her mind, the violet-haired woman only now noticing how soft and gentle she sounded. It almost made her cringe.
[break][break]
"A-Anyway," Her voice threatened to break, forcing a fake-cough from her. It was a tad bit awkward. "Here's my number. Some people are less fun to work with but... You're better than most. Call me if you ever need a second person to harass whales with, I guess."

@nova

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a sea of troubles [m]
POSTED ON May 5, 2020 23:56:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

A look of minor surprise seemed to overtake Nova's features when she heard Kat's statements. Maybe she'd just been imagining things, but it was as if the more experienced Rocket-member's tone changed into something more tender. Nova's expression softened. It really was hard having to make such a drastic change to her life. But to hear that someone understood where she'd been coming from made the weight of her conflicting worlds feel a little less hefty. [break][break]

Nova tried to hide her coy smile when Katherine realized her tone. "No, thank you, really," She replied, nodding her head slightly. "I'll always keep my goals in mind when going about this business. I appreciate your words," Nova insisted, wanting to make sure the gesture didn't go acknowledged. [break][break]

The girl gladly accepted Kat's offer. [break][break]

"Yeah, I'll keep in touch." [break][break]

Maybe, these were the kinds of people Nova needed around herself.

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]