light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
— new direction
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2020 19:46:06 GMT
cadis von klaussner Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

the sea cooed under clouds that hid the sun's beams. a grassy green walkway had been crafted by a bed of flowers that resided on the right and left of those who chose to walk, or in his case roll, to watch the still sea hum. white hair swayed due to a sudden breeze. porcelain skin without blemish. soft hues peered forward as a light hum was made.

with and having left the wheelchair bound, per his wish, alone. this person would come to order one of the pair to summon the recently appointed underboss, , to meet him atop of this hill that wasn't far from their safehouse. once they were set to arrive, they would come to hear a familiar tone greet them, "gavin..." the soft tone called.

draped within a comforting garb. the snow-haired male would come to half-way turn his head, eyes covered by long hair, "i hope you've been well." the boss of rocket would appear different. mentally he was there, vocally, but physically? he was very different. "come watch the sea with me." a single palm had been extended for the male to come closer, "let's have a chat, and tell me how you've been during my absence."

notes: social.

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
— new direction
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2020 7:16:14 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

Upon receiving the summons, Gavin is quick to abandon personal pursuits in favour of fulfilling Cadis' request. Though his elevated position within the organization offers some sense of security, there will no doubt always be a lingering fear in the back of his mind.[break][break]

Obey, it whispers to him, at any cost.[break][break]

He has been cautioned of the change, but it still catches him off-guard to glimpse the long, snow-white hair of the Rocket boss as he ascends the hill. Cadis' voice, however, is familiar in tone and cadence. He beckons Gavin closer, and the bespectacled man honours this request as all others.[break][break]

The scenery is picturesque, glittering waters and grass flowing in the breeze. The air smells of salt and flowers. No one would suspect upon glimpsing the pair that they were part of the nefarious organization that had many times brought Hoenn to her knees. It amuses Gavin to ponder such dichotomy.[break][break]

"Well enough," he offers, wind carding through his hair and casting it into his eyes. He swipes it aside. "It seems half the region is tied up with virtual reality —" Gavin included, for a time, "— so there hasn't been much interference." He laughs, quietly. "Are you well, sir?"[break][break]

He sounded fine, coherent and familiar, but...

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: his new fc is on point, i adore

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
— new direction
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 1:04:08 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

"mmm..." he'd turn to face gavin and introduce him to a childlike smile, "like a million bucks." a softness seen in his expression as rosy cheeks would reside. "i can't remember the last time i felt this good." cadis, without effort, stood from his chair and outstretched his arms. "the way the air molecules push against my skin during this breeze. i'd forgotten..." hugging himself, cadis paused momentarily, "...no. i never knew the sensation of this sense. the exteroception of the world..." the right fingertips of his hand traced his left arm.

"it's as if as though my entire being has been reborn." flexing the muscles of his fingers, cadis would direct his attention back onto gavin. "during my bedridden state, i had a lot of time to think." once more his attention diverted to the sea, "rocket, silas, the league, my goal, and my past." cadis sat on his words for a moment, "it's time to begin our new direction. it's time we prepare to unveil to the word rocket's true goal."

had he gone mad? no, of course not. cadis knew exactly what he was saying. "tell me something gavin, where do you think we stand on the spectrum of morality? are we the heroes or the villains?"

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
— new direction
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 8:19:34 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Cadis' smile, so vibrant in its innocence, catches Gavin off-guard. It occurs to him that he's never seen the other man look so... well, well.[break][break]

"Never?" Surprise leaks into his normally reserved tone. "That... must be quite the experience."[break][break]

The breeze on his skin, the wind ruffling his hair, such sensations were so ordinary as to be considered mundane to Gavin, yet Cadis seemed positively overjoyed by them. He supposed it could be likened to a blind man regaining his sight, if what the Rocket boss had said were true.
[break][break]
His next words, unveil to the world, bring about trepidation. There was a certain comfort in having gone to ground, the invisible threat.
[break][break]
Cadis' question grants him pause, and he considers it for a long moment with his eyes on the ocean.
[break][break]
"I think morality is a matter of perspective." Once, he might've tripped over his words trying to figure out what Cadis wanted to hear. Now, he opts for raw honesty. Secrets were a thing of the past. "I've never thought of myself as hero or villain. My work — our work could be to the benefit of all, were it not for those who think themselves above our methods."[break][break]

Gavin adored his Pokemon, a little-known fact about the man. Yet should sacrifice be necessary for their greater goals...[break][break]

Not everyone saw things the same way, he knew. That's why he was here, and not working with the top minds of the League.[break][break]

"Do you see yourself as a villain? A hero?"[break][break]

His gaze shifts back to Cadis, curious.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
— new direction
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 5:07:04 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

"i think..." a hand was brought to his chin. head bobbing left and right as he thought about his response. a simple buzzing hum was heard, "i'm just a selfish human being in the end." wishful thinking, he'd continue, "but that doesn't necessarily make me evil, but it does make me happy. no matter what another may label as. as long as i get to feel human, do human things, and learn about human emotions, i'm happy." he'd come to walk closer to the edge of the hill. staring toward the sea.

"if i were to die right now. i'd die happy, because in life there is death. humans die, monsters don't. if i were to die right now, would that be enough to prove that i was human?" a smile worn as cadis looked back toward gavin. "of course not, how silly of me." he'd turn back toward the sea. "just wishful thinking of a selfish human being," cadis softly said. "evil or good..." he paused briefly.

"evil or good, we're merely human beings all chasing after something. i'm sure you of all people can understand that, we're simply just the one percent who are willing to act upon our selfish desires; no matter if they're good or bad." in this line of work one needed to have ambition and a steeled heart. especially if they were chasing something unobtainable alone. "my goal is to achieve not just my dream, but everyone else's. and in order do that..." he'd look toward gavin, "we must find the pieces of the original one."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
— new direction
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 12:32:32 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

It's strange, the way Cadis speaks as if he himself isn't human... but Gavin can relate, somewhat, on the study of human emotion. As a detached, reserved individual, much of what he knew of deeper emotion came from the observation of others.[break][break]

"I see nothing wrong with being selfish." That's why he'd joined Rocket, after all — to further his own goals. Only in recent times had he begun to develop attachment to things beyond this narrowed scope. His laughter is deep, rough-edged. "You seem perfectly human to me, sir."[break][break]

There's something strangely likeable about Cadis that Gavin can't place. Perhaps it's simply that he isn't Silas, that the shadow of fear seems less threatening in his presence... but he's content to simply accept it for what it is.[break][break]

Gavin blinks at his final statement, tilts his head.[break][break]

"I'm not sure I follow," he admits. "Original one? Original what?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
— new direction
POSTED ON May 5, 2020 4:32:51 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

"you're a good man, gavin; kind is the best way to describe you." his compliment touched him. but even then he still had yet to feel as such. little did he know, upon the surface, there was much more to the snow-haired male than meets the eye. "the original one," cadis repeated, "our door to this world's recreation."

"in order to summon it and utilize its gifts, we have to find its chosen disciples." the avatars, beings who were blessed by a creature of great power. "out of curiosity, tell me, are you aware of myths surrounding humans who were capable of bonding with a creature of legend?" cadis would ask the scientist. it would be a shock if gavin had not been aware of the existence of avatars, but cadis wanted to be sure.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
— new direction
POSTED ON May 5, 2020 21:34:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Gavin laughs; soft, not mocking. "I've been called many things, but I think it's the first time anyone's called me kind."[break][break]

There was good reason for it, of course. He could come off as abrasive and cold, and most knew little of his personal life. Yet it means a lot to hear such a compliment from Cadis. He doesn't want to be viewed as evil. He wants only to succeed.[break][break]

The idea of recreating the world is somewhat daunting, but he's willing to hear the Rocket boss out.[break][break]

Summon it? Gavin frowns. He's talking about a Pokemon, then? Or an Ultra Beast, perhaps? His nod is absent as his thoughts drift, but amber eyes sharpen with renewed focus before he answers. "Yes, I recall the events surrounding Winterfest... and later, with the Tapu." It had been on the news, hard to ignore if you paid attention. "Not all of them chose... disciples, as you say. From my understanding, at least. Do we know that this... original one, has selected its representatives?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
— new direction
POSTED ON May 7, 2020 20:17:13 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

cadis would not answer as to whether he knew or did not. he would merely give a response in the form of a story, "in the holy scripture, and forgive me if you're unfamiliar with religion or uncomfortable," cadis apologized in advance before continuing, "it's said that there were a specific number of trumpets given to seven holy beings." silence arose as cadis' expression, hidden from gavin, became desolate.

"angels..." cadis paused for a second, "are believed to represent the personification of 'good' because of their 'light' and biblical appearance. but that's not really the case. just because you do good things doesn't necessarily mean you're good person." he knew all too well about this fact. he was the personification of a man who could be seen as either good or bad due to his appearance; he was a wolf in sheep's clothing to those of the league.

"in this version, the holy creatures are the legends and mythological beings we hear so much about. the trumpets are what i'm searching for, but they're not trumpets specifically. these representatives were bestowed abilities that serve as a key to calling what i've been searching for." to say that it selected the representatives was foolhardy, cadis shook his head within a horizontal motion. "we've witnessed the chosen ones and, somewhat, as to how they are selected. so far there are approximately, as far as we know, four representatives who wield their 'trumpets'." which reminded him, with a simple finger snap, "that's right you're unaware of this, but we actually have one in our possession."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
— new direction
POSTED ON May 8, 2020 1:02:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

At mention of religion, Gavin flicks his wrist in dismissal of the concern. He did not follow any organized religion or subscribe to any particular mythos, but the discussion of it was inoffensive.[break][break]

For all of his intelligence, Gavin knows very little of supposed gods and angels. A well-traveled man, he'd been exposed to the basics of many common tales but had never thought to look any deeper. It is clear he listens carefully nevertheless, amber eyes sharp and clear.[break][break]

Cadis is, as always, full of surprises.[break][break]

"Do we?" His brows lift. "So these 'trumpets' are... abilities of some kind?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay