snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
experiment on me [c]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2020 20:12:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]she's been a flurry of movement ever since her encounter with nova in the gardens of oldale, cleaning and cleaning until she's not sure if she'll be smelling of cleaners forever. all the work seems to pay off, however, as her little lab is now finally in a decent enough shape to allow visitors. books have been returned to their original houses, papers collected and stacked on desks, and equipment scrubbed and placed back in cabinets. yes, it's actually manageable now. sure, it'll become a mess again... probably by tomorrow, but that's water under the bridge right now.

deus stands beside her as she surveys her handiwork, hands firmly placed on her hips. "nice, right?" she laughs, rotating to face the automaton. it gives her a satisfied rumble and a thumbs up. a pat on the back follows and it's too rough, too much force in large hands. the kind gesture sends her stumbling in a bout of giggles. "easy, dear." another rumble escapes the automaton and its hands move to steady her. they're gentler this time, as if she'll break if it isn't careful.

"alright," she murmurs after a moment. one last glance is spared toward the lab before she's spinning on her heels toward the door. "everything's ready and nova should be here any minute!" she'd be lying if she said she wasn't excited to have another actual human being in her workspace. and yet, it still comes with a small bout of anxiety. will her work prove to be boring for anyone else besides her? where should they even begin? there's too many unfinished projects, too many thoughts and ideas bouncing off the small walls of this room that she can't possibly expect someone to make sense of them all. but... she had offered, seemed interested and even excited at the notion of helping with research.

it'll be fine, right?

the doorbell cuts off her thoughts before she can contemplate any further and she's scrambling to answer it, a mess of clicking heels against tiles and dark strands of hair escaping her messy bun. the lock clicks and after a moment, she's flinging the door open with a little too much force, too excited to care. "hey!" she chirps and the smile on her lips almost hurts with how bright it is. "it's so nice to see you! did you make it here okay?"

[attr="class","illietag"]@nova
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
experiment on me [c]
POSTED ON May 1, 2020 19:42:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","yuki-box"]
[attr="class","yuki-large"]

[attr="class","yuki-smallbox"]

[attr="class","yuki-tag"]

[attr="class","yuki-notes"]
notes can go here, keep it short

[attr="class","yuki-iconborder"]
[attr="class","yuki-icon"]

[attr="class","yuki-textbox"]
[attr="class","yuki-text"]

The bright sun practically greeted the excited redhead on arrival to Lillycove City. It was a popular vacation hotspot, Nova had heard. For good reason too as her curious gaze laid sights on the huge Pokemart and sun-bleached seaside in the distance. It was brimming with activity unlike her quiet and quaint hometown of Verdanturf. The brightness warmed the exposed skin of her face and arms. It made her ruby hair almost seem to glow a red flame. Nova grinned, everything felt so inviting. [break][break]

But she wasn't here to bask in the city's intricacies, however. Nova was here to meet a newly-made friend, Illeana. The girl was especially delighted too; a few days after their fateful encounter in the berry gardens, she'd made an amazing discovery. Nova couldn't wait to share it with Illie. [break][break]

Arriving at the lab, Nova needed not to wait very long for an answer to the door. With a bright smile, the brunette had greeted her. "Hi Illeana! Thanks so much for letting me come over!" Nova replied, even moving over to give the young lady a brief hug. It was how Nova greeted all of those she thought good friends, after all. "Getting here was a breeze thanks to Drayco over here!" [break][break]

A Dragonite revealed itself from behind Nova. It blinked down at Illeana curiously and peeked into the lab. Drayco could see a Golurk... It wondered how strong it was. [break][break]

"Oh, oh! But you won't believe this!" Nova exclaimed again, struggling to keep her brimming excitement in check, "Ahh, I've got to show you! Come on, let's get inside."

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[newclass=.yuki-box] height: 450px; width: 550px; background: #000; border:20px solid; border-radius:10px; border-color:#ffc4c4; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-large]height:450px;width:250px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/rDXWhSV.png');position:absolute;left:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-smallbox] height:450px; width:350px; background:#fff; position:absolute; right:0px; border-radius:50px 0px 0px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-iconborder]height:100px;width:100px;background:#ffc4c4;border-radius:100px;position:absolute;right:15px;top:15px;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-icon]height:100px;width:100px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/Clc4JYS.png');border-radius:100px;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-textbox] height:220px; width:250px; background:#fff; border:1px solid #ffc4c4; position:absolute; bottom:40px; right:20px; padding:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text] height:190px; width:230px; position:absolute; top:25px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; overflow:auto; padding:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text b]color:#db0000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-tag] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:150px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:40px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-notes] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:250px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:50px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text::-webkit-scrollbar] width: 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: #ffc4c4; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
experiment on me [c]
POSTED ON May 1, 2020 22:58:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]"of course!" the brunette chirps, more than happy to return nova's embrace. she's mindful of not squeezing too hard, of not letting it linger for too long. "you're always welcome here." the smile on her lips grows a little in brightness as she steps back and out of the door's frame. before she ushers them in, however, her attention is captured by the dragonite behind her friend. there's a soft gasp that escapes upon seeing the dragon type and before she can help it, she's leaning a little to get a closer look.

"ooh," she practically coos and her eyes dart between the dragonite and his trainer. "i didn't know you had a dragonite! impressive." a wink follows before she's grinning, satisfied with the information at her disposal. "he looks strong," she comments and there's a hint of awe laced into her words. "have you had him long?" behind her, deus rumbles a chipper greeting, a large hand rising to wave happily toward the newcomers.

and then, she's raising an eyebrow, hanging on every excited syllable that escapes nova. "did you find something on your way here?" mild confusion reveals itself on her face, although it's quickly overwritten by excitement. it's difficult to not give in to the enthusiasm that practically radiates from nova's body. a giggle follows before she's agreeing with a bob of her head, stray pieces of dark hair fluttering at the sides of her face with the movement. "right! come on in," she steps back to allow both the redhead and her dragon into the walls of her home. the door clicks behind them and then, she's waving a hand for them to follow her before leading them into the lab.

"okay," she murmurs. with a quick turn, she's settling onto the edge of her desk with curious eyes. "show, show! i'm dying to know!" deus slowly joins their side, peering over illeana's shoulder with an inquisitive coo. the automaton doesn't fully understand what's going on but both women seem awfully interested in whatever's going on so... naturally, the golurk wants in on the action too.

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
experiment on me [c]
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 0:11:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"Don't compliment him too much, you'll fuel his ego," Nova giggled, turning back to look at her orange dragon who's already taken to puffing out his chest at Illeana's praise. The girl patted the orange beast's head lovingly. "I've had him for as long as I can remember! He's been with our family since he was a little Dratini... Ain't that right, Dray?" Nova cooed, pulling on the dragon's cheeks. Drayco sighed and decided not to fight with her. [break][break]

But it was enough talk-- Nova needed to show Illie her awesome surprise! Once they were all in, Nova reached for her belt, uncoupling a very special Pokeball. She'd even labeled it with a star sticker. "It was a couple of days ago, actually! But it doesn't make the discovery any less exciting!" She cooed. Delicately, a finger pressed the capsule's button, revealing a shower of blueish light before forming into the shape of a large snake. The scaley Pokemon opened its eyes and glanced around confusedly. [break][break]

Nova leaned up to her tippy-toes and pet the serpent's head gently. "There, there! Don't worry, this is a safe place!" She reassured the Seviper. Perhaps the first thing Illeana would notice was its curious coloring. Unlike its usual breed, this snake wore an emerald and pink coating to its patterns. [break][break]

"This is Hydra! She's just like Deus with her odd coloration," Nova introduced, smiling ear to ear. "She's a little shy but she wouldn't hurt a fly!"

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[newclass=.yuki-box] height: 450px; width: 550px; background: #000; border:20px solid; border-radius:10px; border-color:#ffc4c4; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-large]height:450px;width:250px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/rDXWhSV.png');position:absolute;left:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-smallbox] height:450px; width:350px; background:#fff; position:absolute; right:0px; border-radius:50px 0px 0px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-iconborder]height:100px;width:100px;background:#ffc4c4;border-radius:100px;position:absolute;right:15px;top:15px;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-icon]height:100px;width:100px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/Clc4JYS.png');border-radius:100px;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-textbox] height:220px; width:250px; background:#fff; border:1px solid #ffc4c4; position:absolute; bottom:40px; right:20px; padding:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text] height:190px; width:230px; position:absolute; top:25px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; overflow:auto; padding:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-tag] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:150px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:40px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-notes] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:250px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:50px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
experiment on me [c]
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 2:26:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]easy laughter bubbles up and out from her throat. a smile follows, directed toward both nova and her puffing dragonite. "i'll try not to," she retorts with a wink. and then, she's settling with one last stifled giggle before humming understanding. it makes sense, really, for the redhead's dragonite to look as impressive as it does. spending all that time with a pokemon, raising it from the beginning stages until the final brings about a bond, a strength for both parties involved. "i see! you two must have grown up together, then," her smile brightens and she's cooing at the pair, fondness seeping into her features. "such cuties!"

her attention is captured by nova's movements, then, and she's on the edge of her seat. what is she about to reveal? excitement and anticipation mingle and mix in her body until she's strumming fingers against the side of her side. "a discovery?" she gasps and her demeanor morphs into that of a kid in a candy store. "i can't wait to see!" nova is quick to show her, wasting no time in getting down to business. with a soft click and a flash of light, there's a new member to the group in her lab. and oh man, was this worth the wait!

a seviper sits before them, blinking open its eyes and observing the surroundings. the colors are different than what she knows of the serpentine creature, more vibrant than the usual palette of gold and purple. a gasp escapes the scientist and she's rising from her perch, grinning from ear to ear. "it's nice to meet you," she murmurs, her voice taking on a softer tone toward the reserved seviper. from behind her, deus lets out an excited coo, enamored by the variety of colors hydra wears. and then, her eyes are sweeping toward nova, practically sparkling with unbridled delight. "she's incredible! where did you find her?" by now, they've reached the q and a portion of the exchange and illeana tries to keep her inquiries to a minimum if only to not bombard them. "do you think they share similar genes then? or are they different sequences that produce the same result?" they're half spoken to nova, half to herself. the gears begin churning and she's contemplating for a moment, gaze sweeping from hydra toward deus and then back. the grin on her lips softens and she's pairing it with a wink and a coo. "nothing wrong with shy!"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
experiment on me [c]
POSTED ON May 7, 2020 22:02:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"We found her at Route 111 near Mauville City! She was super hungry-- I decided I'd just let her tag along with us. I was afraid some goons like Rocket might see her odd coloring and try to skin her for a quick buck," The redhead explained all while she caressed the head of the sheepish viper. What she said was true, although she was opting to omit the part about her being a Rocket member. She was the one assigned to capture the snake. Nova refused to kill it, and instead, extracted poison from her Seviper. [break][break]

The serpent Pokemon edged forward, flicking its tongue at Illeana with curiosity before nearing Deus. It nudged the large boulder Pokemon's arm in a friendly show of interest. [break][break]

Nova nodded, "It could very well be a possibility. If we're seeing this coloration in different breeds of Pokemon, it might just be a similar gene across all Pokemon," She said, offering a hypothesis. "But only becomes apparent in certain individuals. Maybe, like a mutation."

Drayco didn't seem to share much interest in the two girls' banter. It huffed and walked forward past Nova, heading towards Deus. The tangerine-skinned lizard flexed a bicep before pointing a claw at Deus, itching for a good fight.

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
experiment on me [c]
POSTED ON May 8, 2020 22:52:40 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]her gaze shifts between nova's face and the soothing pets on the serpent's head, mind tossing around the explanation in her mind. understandable, she muses. better to take in the pokemon than have something terrible happen, right? besides, from what she can tell, the seviper is more than content to be with the redhead. "good thinking!" her smile brightens slightly, gaze finally planting itself firmly on nova. "who knows what they would have done if you hadn't found her first." the thought dampens her mood slightly as her thoughts supply scenarios, each one worse than the last. best to not think about it... the shuffling of thoughts is quick and smooth despite the nature of them, all of them fading into the next deck of cards.

illeana responds in kind to the flicker of a tongue, her features taking on a softer edge. and then, the seviper drifts toward deus, much to the automaton's delight. it coos as the serpent draws near, hand still until the nudge is all it takes for the golurk to reach out for a tentative pat. another noise of fondness escapes the clay golem before it all but plops onto the floor, large arms extending out in invitation. it's funny, really, that her automaton can try to get cuddles out of any situation.

while deus busies itself with hydra, illeana turns her attention back to the proposed theory. a hum escapes, one of contemplation. if such a difference in coloring is revealing itself across a wider pool of species than just one, it's certainly possible that the genes have either mutated or been arranged in such a way to reveal the odd color. before, she had been leaning toward the display of a recessive gene coming to the surface in a particular series of genetic sequences. now? a mutation might seem more plausible... "that's a good theory," she murmurs, a finger rising to her lips to tap at the skin in thought. "all pokemon must have specific structures in their genetic makeup that produce their coloring, right? a mutation within those genes would explain why such a coloring would show in one individual than a whole species." the more she thinks about it, the more footing it finds in her mind. and then, without hesitation, she's flashing a grin in nova's direction and pushing away from her desk. "should we find out?"

the scientist drifts toward some of the equipment placed around the room, humming as she goes. supplies begin to gather in her arms and while she collects the materials needed, deus glances up from hydra to notice the approach of nova's dragonite. the automaton is slow to understand the motion, head tilting curiously to the side. it rumbles, almost questioning, before a hand falls away from hydra to be offered to drayco. deus flexes its fingers, wiggling the appendages in a way that seems welcoming. the dragonite simply wants in on the cuddle puddle, right?