she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
599 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
crown shyness [c]
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 8:18:25 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 dahlia leans in too, her head nestled between her palms. her fingers curl inward. playfully, she hums at the prospect of poetry exchange.

"i'm not any kind of writer, but we could be poem penpals, why not?" she laughs, indulging in illeana's blooming glee. jesting, dahlia whisks a thought into the clouds with a flourish of her fingers. "it may be time for hoenn's next poet laureate to be appointed, i believe."

although dahlia is no writer, she does enjoy the verses displayed among the ads in bus exteriors. to look cultured, she does hold old collections of poems. then again, such things were inherited in dust.

"we could jot down cute love poems, or perhaps we can vent to each other in all uppercase." she holds illeana's hands together. "we can scream to each other in writing. how about that? that is, if you have anything to pull your hair out about."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5โ€™8โ€ height
5โ€™8โ€ height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,112 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
crown shyness [c]
POSTED ON May 25, 2020 21:43:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]there's a playfulness to the two women, a shared amusement over poetry. it's comfortable and she's letting out a soft laugh. "poem penpals," she echoes, smile widening. it sounds lovely and she'd like nothing more. "i'd be honored!" another laugh, a wink even thrown into the mix.

illeana tilts her head to the side as if indulging the thought. hoenn's next poet laureate, hm? somehow, she likes the sound of that. "the masses will love some new poetry to read," she giggles. of course, her little works would never see the light of day but one can dream. and dream she shall.

her fingers slightly curl and brush against dahlia's. love, venting, even slam poetry. the world of verses is their oyster. "that'd be amazing," she sighs dreamily. exchanging little bits of themselves with the other, tucked neatly between reports and facts. the notion almost has her on cloud nine. dahlia's hands tether her to this moment, this earth, away from the clouds. "scream poetry? perfect!" another laugh escapes her. "i'm sure i could think of something! it'll be therapeutic to use all uppercase with no judgement." letting out the thoughts that jumble her skull could also be considered a form of therapy and perhaps dahlia is about to become her counselor, her healer. the idea has her warm and appreciative. "if the paper cuts become too much, i'm a poem away." she speaks with genuine tones, lightly thumbing at the hands around hers.

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
599 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
crown shyness [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2020 22:18:20 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "good." dahlia brightens with a thought and pulls her phone out. her taps on the screen are spritely, the menus shifting seamlessly into the contact screen. "this here is my personal phone. put your number in."

she sets it carefully before illeana, like a store owner of jewelry store presenting a piece.

"you're young, illeana. not much younger than me, yes." dahlia says, "but i've been in this game for awhile. i want to look out for you. not everyone is kind."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5โ€™8โ€ height
5โ€™8โ€ height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,112 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
crown shyness [c]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2020 21:30:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]a gasp is elicited from slightly parted lips, eyes widening. the gesture is touching, moving, almost surreal. "are," a pause, a swallow, a look of uncertainty. "are you sure?" she doesn't want to impose, doesn't want to overstep professional boundaries but she's so stunned by the sheer kindness of it all that she just might cry.

her fingers hover over the phone, gaze darting between the mirrored brightness of a contact screen and dahlia's eyes. the explanation prompts her to gingerly type her information in with slightly trembling fingers.

"thank you," comes in a soft breathy voice. somehow, she certainly hadn't expected this turn of events. to believe that anyone, especially the commissioner, would look out for her? it's almost impossible and yet, dahlia is confirming it with her own words. the scientist fidgets slightly in her seat. stilio lets out a warm puff of air against the tiles of a patio, settling further into a warm slumber. "i really appreciate it. you're right, not everyone is kind." she glances down as if it's something she's come to understand more in the past few months than the years of her life. cruelty always exists, she supposes. sometimes, it just wears the face of a friend, a family member, a lover. her smile is bright when her eyes return to dahlia's. "i might not be very experienced in this kind of thing but i'd like to look out for you as well." an awkward laugh escapes her and she's flushing at the skin of her cheeks. "it might not be much but everyone needs a friend, you know? someone to spend time with and maybe avoid paperclips and cuts."

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
599 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
crown shyness [c]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2020 1:35:02 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 dahlia retrieves her phone, and quickly, she types a text as stilio sleeps. three taps of the finger grace the screen.

"oh that's sweet of you, illeana." dahlia sets her phone down after sending the text, a finger resting on the sleep button. "being a good listener is not terribly difficult."

๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹

the screen dims on her phone. on its blank pane, only the time is displayed. a sunny castform and the temperature blink below the numeric pillars.

"thankfully, i have the privilege of holding a station higher than most. just be careful." dahlia says. "it's easy to be manipulated by those who think they know better than you."

she stands from her seat and stretches.

"want a drink? i have a soda machine i'm dying to try out."

notes: we can end in your next post or here / we can start a new thread afterward too! maybe a mission of sorts POG

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5โ€™8โ€ height
5โ€™8โ€ height
awards
4,112 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
crown shyness [c]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2020 1:05:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]the familiar buzzing of a text alert draws her attention away from the tapping of fingers against a screen. a hand drifts to retrieve it, to scan the contents. and then, she's quick to add the number into her contact list, a cute pink flower emoji following dahlia's name. a moment follows before she taps once, twice, and then tucks the phone away once more.

๐Ÿ’–

stilio shifts to spread out further across the patio, wings unfurling as snores slowly rise up into the air. they're soft at first, barely nothing more than puffs of air until illeana's soft voice is almost overpowered by the slumbering charizard. "you deserve it, you know," she murmurs and there's a hint of rosiness to her cheeks. it's honest, genuine, sugary. the position of commissioner can't be the kindest spot in the world... there's controversy, political differences, and varying opinions to consider when taking on such a daunting role. sometimes, she wonders if it weighs on one more than most would expect. "it can't be easy to feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders." almost subconsciously, she rolls her own shoulders in time with the syllables.

"i," she begins and stops herself before she can even form a full sentence. how exactly does one recognize the signs of manipulation? is it easy to spot? or so hidden you don't know until it's too late? illeana shifts uncomfortably in her seat, awkward and meek in the face of such an idea. her tone gives away the nerves, the anxiety that rises with the thought. "do people really manipulate those around them?" it shouldn't be surprising, shouldn't even come as something that's out of the ordinary. her parents had done the same once upon a time and perhaps those around her would turn out to be no different. and yet, she wants to give the benefit of the doubt, believe in the good of the world and not the ugly side of the human mind. her smile is a little wobbly, a little uncertain, as it curls against her lips. "i'll try my best to be careful."

she rises a minute after dahlia, head bobbing in a gentle nod. the smile is wider now, more content and delighted than before. "that'd be lovely," she giggles. "thank you! i really appreciate all of this."

yes pls, i'd love that <3 we can end on this post
and do a mission if you have one in mind shiv bby~

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
crown shyness [c]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 2:52:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]thread complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]
you two receive the following: 15 pokedollars & 2 infamy.
[break]