Andie
she / her / hers
twenty-four
october 31
Shalour, Kalos
demiromantic
wandering martial artist
cadet
Hit fast, strike hard, but show mercy when they surrender.
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andrea
Andrea Benoit
i can explain (everything) [thomas]
POSTED ON May 7, 2020 19:54:24 GMT
Andrea Benoit Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsl"]
How long has it been since she made a break for it?

Knowing that she could turn to her only brother was a sign that she would be safe. Besides, she’d already made sure to discard and destroy all traces of the life she lived while undercover.

Truth be told she hadn’t found out anything much. Except that… well…

She was hoping that he would hear her out. And so her nervous pacing continued, in danger of actually trodding the grass down in front of the place her twin brother called “home”. She knew she had so much to say, to share… she wasn’t sure how to even bloody begin in the first place.

Either way, she was here. She was back.

And now she had to explain every single thing. She hoped he would understand.

+
+ boo.

[newclass=".wizzsl b"] color:#ce3dbc;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzsl i"] color:#ce3dbc;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzsl a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON May 8, 2020 20:53:32 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

It was just another day on the Ranch. Most of his Pokemon were doing some sort of work in manning the place, really leaving little for Thomas to do today. All he really could do was just settle down, take a moment to drink, and just enjoy his first slow day in a while. Between his work on the Ranch, and his duties as Verdanturf's Gym Leader, he had been very busy as of late. If anything, it made him appreciate the slower days more.

But before he could take a sip of his drink, an Audino rushed up to him, letting him know there was a guest. With a sigh, Thomas put down the bottle, and quickly capped it before going to greet the guest. He would pet the Audino, smiling to the little one. "Thank you.", he told the Audino. The Audino let out an affectionate cry in response, trailing the trainer as he went to greet their guest.

Thomas' good eye would be wide with shock as he saw just who was here to visit. His twin sister, after their encounter in Lilycove over a year ago. After their encounter, he had so many questions. Why was she with Team Rocket? Did they capture and brainwash her in Kanto? Did something cause her to turn to Rocket on her own volition?

"Sis?", Thomas finally blurted out.

The Audino looked up at her master, clearly worried about him, then looked back to the stranger, wondering if she should read her heartbeat, or anything.

tags:
notes: You!

close tab

played by

Ven

Andie
she / her / hers
twenty-four
october 31
Shalour, Kalos
demiromantic
wandering martial artist
cadet
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andrea
Andrea Benoit
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 19:45:33 GMT
Andrea Benoit Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsl"]
“What—what happened to you? What the hell’s up with that eye patch?” she blurted out without thinking the moment she saw her brother at the door. Of course, she’d missed the Audino that had accompanied him, but that was for another date and time.

Either way…

Shit, she had a lot to tell him.

“Y—yeah, it’s me, s-so what?” she continued, backing away a few steps just in case he slugged her or something. Her concern still lingered on the eye, though. “No, really—what the hell happened to your eye? Is this a new fashion thing?” she went on, folding her arms over her chest.

How awkward was this going to get?

Extremely awkward, that’s what! she thought in the back of her mind as she waited for an answer. “Well? Aren’t you gonna let me in, or something?” she tacked on, shifting her balance from one foot to another as she waited for him to get moving out of his shocked state.

+
+ KEK

[newclass=".wizzsl a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 13:12:01 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Given that she was in Rocket under a different name, he was surprised that she didn't hear about what happened. Considering that he broke a Gym Leader out of captivity that day, and injured several Rocket grunts in many brutal ways, he figured word would get around. Especially since it did reach the high ups, who attempted to have one of their Beasts whack him in an ambush.

"I'll explain it to you, come inside.", he told her, inviting his twin sister into the ranch. Unlike most places, Thomas didn't care about the rule of removing one's shoes at the door. Despite his time spent in Kanto and Hoenn, perhaps it was his time in Unova, or Kalosian upbringing that had an influence on that. He would offer his sister a seat at the table across from him. "Would you like something to drink?", he'd inquire, while mixing himself some lemonade mixed with vodka.

Once she answered, and had the drinks prepared, Thomas would situate everything at the table, before taking a seat across from her. The Audino had left the two of them alone, going off to play with the others outside. Once the Audino was out, Thomas removed his eye patch, showing that it was indeed covering up a damaged eye, one that had long since been treated. "I lost this eye saving a Gym Leader from Rocket's clutches. Ever heard of a Jayde Cross? He was the man responsible for this. Wish I could've paid him in kind, but I did give him a good beating for his troubles.", Thomas told her, a dark smirk crossing his face briefly as he reminisced on the encounter.

"Now, what happened, sis? Why did you join Team Rocket?", Thomas asked.

Though he dreaded to hear her answer, he wanted to get over it. Despite their encounter in Lilycove ending with him being thrown off a building, he still covered for her, the reasons being obvious.

tags:
notes: Let the awkward begin!

close tab

played by

Ven

Andie
she / her / hers
twenty-four
october 31
Shalour, Kalos
demiromantic
wandering martial artist
cadet
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andrea
Andrea Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2020 0:47:03 GMT
Andrea Benoit Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsl"]
“You know me, I’m always down for lemon cola,” she remarked, finally allowed access and stepping into the modest-sized residence. God, how long had it been since she’d been inside a proper house?

It was always living out on the run, transience, capsule hotels, and cheap Pokémon Center backroom accommodations whenever she got the chance. Especially when she had to bail. To run. To hide from what she had left behind.

The change-over was what had forced her to turn tail and run. Even if she wasn’t able to get much and rise through the ranks, she was at least able to obtain useful information that could be used. Once she’d managed to get back to Maile and make her report in person, that is.

The name pulled at her memory, before she tilted her head to one side. “Yeah. Heard of that name before. Kinda had a nasty rep among the Grunts—“ she drawled on, before the color drained out of her face and she had to sit down.

Oh, there it fucking was.

It was time to make everything awkward in one fell swoop.

“Guess I should show you why.”

Reaching into her back pocket, she pulled out her wallet, before fishing something out and tossing it on the table, face-up for him to see.

“Feel free to check that for authenticity. I’m sure you can, given what tools you have with you right now.”

+
+ w e l p

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 7:28:45 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would retrieve a lemon cola from the fridge he set aside for such things. He would place it in front of Andrea, before sitting across from her, and beginning to drink his vodka and lemonade mixture. If Andie were to notice the type of vodka used in it, she'd recognize that it had a rather strong alcohol content. And given Thomas' reaction, or lack thereof, it was clear that he was already a seasoned drinker, despite only being a few years above the drinking age.

After giving her a moment to take in the missing eye, he would cover it back up. As he listened to her explain what she knew about Jayde, he would continue to drink his vodka mixture, polishing it off with a quickness that some would consider alarming. And immediately, he began to fix himself more. "Even before he turned up on Rocket's side of the fence, the man was on the International Police's radar for fucking with museums, and historical sites. He was also something of a terrorist.", he'd tell her.

Thomas would take notice to a familiar looking badge, as he returned to the table. He would study the thing for any discrepancies. Everything looked right so far. But the final confirmation came when he texted one of his contacts in the International Police, sending them the redhead's badge number to verify. It only confirmed what he was telling her.

"I wish I knew. But on the other hand, I know that was by design.", he'd utter. A wave of relief washed over him. The fact that she disappeared, only to emerge as she did made sense. Even the fact that she pushed him off of the Lilycove Department Store's rooftop wasn't being held against her. If anything, he was glad that she was able to maintain cover, despite being confronted by him. Though he did have to internally question whether she knew where she was pushing him off, or she banked on his dragon catching him in his fall.

"I don't know what else to say, other than welcome back.", he'd tell her. "We were all worried about you, to tell you the truth."

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Ven

Andie
she / her / hers
twenty-four
october 31
Shalour, Kalos
demiromantic
wandering martial artist
cadet
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andrea
Andrea Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 7:44:02 GMT
Andrea Benoit Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsl"]
“You know me,” she remarked as she reached for the can—heck, it was similar to the one she would down all the time back when they were in Shalour! Giving an appreciative grunt, she popped the top open with one finger before taking a deep breath and drinking half of the contents in one go.

Merde, that hit the spot,” she mumbled, more to herself as she watched her brother pour himself another drink/ Normally she would have been alarmed by such behavior, but they were definitely way past the legal drinking age back home. Or anywhere in the world, for that matter.

“So… when did the drinking pick up?” she inquired as she leaned back on the couch, taking in the entirety of the view. The missing eye still bothered her, though.

“Good grief, old habits do die hard,” she mentioned at word of what Jayde was about. “The terrorist part I can definitely vouch for, given that whenever the top guns over there sent out people for demolition jobs and shit, and basically cause trouble, they always sent him out.”

She noticed that he was looking at the ID rather critically, before his demeanor relaxed somewhat as he loosened up.

“We? Who? Pretty sure that doesn’t cover our parents,” she added with an amused chuckle.

+
+ w e l p

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 16:37:54 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"To be honest, I started drinking in Kanto. Had my first drink at fourteen. But I didn't really start drinking heavily til I was nineteen. Work was only getting crazier, and my girlfriend had left me, so I ended up drinking more. As for how I got booze at nineteen in Unova, I had a coworker who was willing to split on the booze with me, and didn't really give a fuck about the drinking laws there.", he'd tell her, a slight grin on his face.

"That so? Makes sense.", he'd reply to her. The Kalosian would take another sip of his blend. Despite the intake, he didn't seem to be phased by it. Thanks to a combination of his build, time drinking, and Benoit genetics, Thomas could drink with the best of them. Though that came at the cost of having to drink more just to get the buzz he needed to function. As one would say, chasing the Dragonite.

"Sis, our parents were worried sick about you. Especially dad. Even if he won't say how he feels to our faces, it was clear that your disappearance got to him. The both of them did everything they could to try to find information on you, hoping you were alive. Hell, you see some of the stuff they had out on the news? Suffice to say, they were desperate to find you.", he'd inform her somberly.

Despite the heavy subject matter, the fact that Andie was here, and that she was working with the International Police all along was all but the best news he could possibly hear. Sure, it'd be awkward to explain this to their parents back home, if she even cared to do so. But to Thomas, it was like Christmas came early. His sister was back.

tags:
notes: Advent Calendar - 12/26 prompt