shine a little light [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
shine a little light [m]
POSTED ON May 11, 2020 22:04:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","blips"]
[attr="class","blipstop"]
[attr="class","blipstopimg"]

[attr="class","blipstoplyric"]bad moon rising

[attr="class","blipstoplyric2"]I see a bad moon a-rising. I see trouble on the way. I see earthquakes and lightnin' I see bad times today. Don't go 'round tonight, it's bound to take your life. There's a bad moon on the rise. I hear hurricanes a-blowing. I know the end is coming soon. I fear rivers overflowing. I hear the voice of rage and ruin. I hope you got your things together. I hope you are quite prepared to die. Look's like we're in for nasty weather, one eye is taken for an eye. Bad moon on the rise.

[attr="class","blipstop2"]

[attr="class","blipstop21"]mission

[attr="class","blipstop22"]minerals

[attr="class","blipstop21"]TAGGED

[attr="class","blipstop22"]

@pharaohleap

[attr="class","blipstop21"]NOTES

[attr="class","blipstop22"]uh oh

[attr="class","blipstop23"]

[attr="class","blipsmid"]

It had been for a gig—a rowdy crowd and free drinks made it fast to dissolve into something disastrous.[break][break]

Zacharias, functioning under the moniker Max Campbell, sat himself upright in a dark, halfway collapsed cavern. His head ached, and blood freely dripped down his chin from his split lip.[break][break]

“That cocksucker actually used earthquake,” and memories of jeering at the crowd from onstage came with a delirium that was hard to decipher.[break][break]

He was greeted with silence, and he would squint his eyes just to try and suppress the pain that came from an evening of loud music, alcohol, and poor life choices.[break][break]

But there was no regret as he sauntered to his feet, letting his fingers pluck a dirtied but unbroken bottle of booze by its neck. “Dommy? Ohhhhh, Dommy boy?”[break][break]

He waited for a reply, biting the cap of the bottle just so he could unscrew it.

[attr="class","blipsbot"]

I FEAR RIVERS OVERFLOWING. I HEAR THE VOICE OF RAGE AND RUIN.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.blips]border:solid 35px #252525;width:480px;background-color:#393939;color:#848484;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop]padding:35px;height:120px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstopimg]float:left;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #848484;margin-right:15px;height:100px;width:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstopimg img]height:100px;width:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstoplyric]font:bold 30px Roboto;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:25px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstoplyric2]font:9px Roboto;line-height:10px;color:#5a5a5a;text-transform:uppercase;height:60px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop2]background-color:#252525;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop21]font:bold 12px Roboto;color:#999999;line-height:12px;padding-bottom:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop22]font:bold 25px Roboto;line-height:20px;color:#dddddd;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:-1px;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop22 a]font:bold 25px Roboto;line-height:20px;color:#dddddd!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop23]position:absolute;height:35px;padding:30px;margin:-65px 0px 0px -302px;width:420px;background-color:#444444;color:#dddddd;font:12px Roboto;opacity:0;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop23:hover]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid]margin:0px -35px;border-left:solid 35px #424242;border-right:solid 35px #424242;padding:35px 35px;background-color:#393939;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid i]color:#bbbbbb;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid b]color:#bbbbbb;font:bold 11px roboto;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsbot]background-color:#252525;color:#dddddd;font:bold 15px Roboto;line-height:15px;padding:35px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
shine a little light [m]
POSTED ON May 12, 2020 6:23:36 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic was not used to cheering and applause and while it lasted, it wasn't unpleasant.

by all accounts, he divided his time equally prior to the collapse: drinking freely, recoiling from physical contact, borderline roughly grasping burke by the scruff of his shirt to not lose him in the crowd, and apparently singing into the shitty, cheap karaoke machine.

he was still gripping the cordless microphone tightly as he came to his senses, and although his face tingled with the tell-tale sign of alcohol ingestion his thoughts were characterised by a marked clarity. displaced lights cast broken shadows along the walls, and he concentrated on them until he felt his vision steady enough for him to pull himself upright.

"don't use my fucking name," he snapped into the approximate direction of burke.

dominic staggered forward like a shambling corpse, still holding the microphone in one hand. he became aware of its weight slowly, and allowed his grip to loosen until it dropped to the floor and sent distorted feedback ringing through the speakers set up somewhere in the cavern's depths.

he took a long moment to eye zacharias before speaking.

"i am leaving," dominic stated matter-of-factly as if it really were that simple. he side-stepped zacharias and walked ahead with a confidence that he had no right having.

@zacharias

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
shine a little light [m]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 5:37:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","blips"]

[attr="class","blipstoplyric2"]I see a bad moon a-rising. I see trouble on the way. I see earthquakes and lightnin' I see bad times today. Don't go 'round tonight, it's bound to take your life. There's a bad moon on the rise. I hear hurricanes a-blowing. I know the end is coming soon. I fear rivers overflowing. I hear the voice of rage and ruin. I hope you got your things together. I hope you are quite prepared to die. Look's like we're in for nasty weather, one eye is taken for an eye. Bad moon on the rise.

@pharaohleap

The cap came loose, and Zacharias felt the burn as alcohol ran over his lips.[break][break]

“Ain't nobody on this side but the two of us... and, hey, if anybody was with us...” The suggestion hung in the air with its unspoken violence.[break][break]

Greedy, he lapped at what he could taste before tilting back his head for a proper swig. It was only when the microphone hit the ground that he was startled, almost choking as the booze flushed down the wrong pipe.[break][break]

He sputtered, pounding a fist to his chest. It was a shame, because as Dominic proceeded with his zombie shuffle, he had intended to mock him.[break][break]

“Oh yeah?” Another cough. Behind Zacharias would stand the collapsed rubble. “Where you going? Worried that the karaoke bar is gonna close soon?”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.blips]border:solid 35px #252525;width:480px;background-color:#393939;color:#848484;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstopimg]float:left;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #848484;margin-right:15px;height:100px;width:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstoplyric]font:bold 30px Roboto;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:25px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstoplyric2]font:9px Roboto;line-height:10px;color:#5a5a5a;text-transform:uppercase;height:60px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop21]font:bold 12px Roboto;color:#999999;line-height:12px;padding-bottom:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop22]font:bold 25px Roboto;line-height:20px;color:#dddddd;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:-1px;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop22 a]font:bold 25px Roboto;line-height:20px;color:#dddddd!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop23]position:absolute;height:35px;padding:30px;margin:-65px 0px 0px -302px;width:420px;background-color:#444444;color:#dddddd;font:12px Roboto;opacity:0;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid]margin:0px -35px;border-left:solid 35px #424242;border-right:solid 35px #424242;padding:35px 35px;background-color:#393939;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid b]color:#bbbbbb;font:bold 11px roboto;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsbot]background-color:#252525;color:#dddddd;font:bold 15px Roboto;line-height:15px;padding:35px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
shine a little light [m]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 20:08:34 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 the jab staggers him, as if burke had just physically struck out at him. dominic makes an annoyed sound in the back of his throat - half snarl, half growl - but is too stubborn to halt his advance until he is centimeters from the expanse of rubble.

he blinks slowly at the rock as if expecting to find a sign pointing to the exit in the cracks, and listens to zacharias's spluttering coughs in a satisfied silence.

"zach?" dominic ventures after some seconds that feel more like minutes. he rubs his nose with the back of his hand and swings around to look at him with a vacant stare.

"did you bring either pokemon or shovels?"

dominic? he brought neither.

@zacharias

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
shine a little light [m]
POSTED ON May 18, 2020 0:49:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","blips"]

@pharaohleap

He would have taken another swing, but Dominic's question stopped his hand.[break][break]

Slowly lowering the bottle, Zacharias felt his stare lose its focus, looking past his trapped companion—did he bring any pokemon?[break][break]

A hand patted down his person, and relief came over his features as he fetched a single pokeball from his back pocket. “Fuck, you actually had me thinking we were screwed.”[break][break]

He tossed the pokeball, releasing its occupant.[break][break]

A Magby, looking small and disoriented, manifested from the red light.[break][break]

His silence spoke volumes.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
shine a little light [m]
POSTED ON May 19, 2020 3:38:17 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic stared at the magby and blinked twice rapidly. he strained every single available brain cell trying to construct an escape plan where a magby is useful and came out wanting.

could its head be like a battering ram or something? probably not, the pokemon suffered enough and he's been doubting the structural integrity of its cranium for a while now.

dominic's frustration manifested in a desire to pummel the pokemon with his fists (because the alternative was pummeling zacharias), and dominic had to make a conscious effort to still himself.

"why," dominic said, rubbing his eyes with the heels of his hands. "do you have that one with you?"

@zacharias

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
shine a little light [m]
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 4:29:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","blips"]

@pharaohleap

“...Cuz I didn't think this would happen?” Unlike some people, Zacharias did not needlessly carry his pokemon with him. If he needed them, then he would bring them—if not, then he'd opt to keep them confined to his personal computer.[break][break]

But this was not good.[break][break]

“Fuck,” and he cussed to check behind them, where the cavern ran unchecked into the dark.[break][break]

He snapped his fingers at the Magby. “Give us some light,” and the deployed orb of heat—sunny day—would work as a portable light.[break][break]

“Let's check this way,” and he took a long swig, knowing that if things would not pan out, he would need something to dull the pain from the impending scuffle. “And can I see some optimism? A smile? Something to lighten my mood, Dommy?”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
shine a little light [m]
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 4:20:01 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic glowered first at zacharias and then the magby for good measure. if he had to guess, dominic would say zacharias brought it along because he thought it'd be popular with the girls, which almost sort of made sense.

dominic approached the duo, freezing in his steps at what he could only assume was meant to be some kind of taunt. he mulled over zacharias's words for a second, then closed the distance between them in a bid to wrest the bottle from his hands. if he couldn't get a good enough grip, then fine, he'd ensure it smashes instead.

"that's enough from you," dominic growled, as he roughly shoved zacharias toward the dark expanse.

"move. and get that thing to lead the way."

@zacharias

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
shine a little light [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 23:23:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","blips"]

@pharaohleap

He held up his hands at Dominic's shove, feeling the man's touch press against the square of his back like a pointed strike.[break][break]

“Pushy, pushy. I didn't know you were so grumpy after a nap,” but even Zacharias could feel a hangover lingering like a cloud over his mind. To ease the bite, he drank hair of the dog as he took one last, long swig from the bottle that he had been nursing.[break][break]

With a toss, it rolled to the empty expanse of the collapsed cavern.[break][break]

Ahead of them, the light of the sunny day capture the fracturing of paths. Left or right. He opted for the right, if only because that was how his body drifted with its shambling steps as he tried to remain upright.[break][break]

Another fracturing, but this time, he could see a light that was not from his Magby—tiny cracks that ran through a portion of collapsed wall that seemed thin enough for a human to dislodge.[break][break]

“Well, go on,” and he gave his Magby a tap with his foot, just to signal what to do. “Get digging.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
shine a little light [m]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 2:57:32 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic’s glad he’s walking behind zacharias in the tunnels because it means he gets to protect his ego for a little while longer - his steps are unsteady and shambling, he careens side to side like a wingull tossed around by a gale.

"shut up," dominic snarls half-heartedly, unable to come up with a more acerbic retort.

where he could see light cracking through the rockface - like veins in the stone - dominic came to a halt. he briefly considers joining the magby in its endeavour to dig through the debris, if only because it would cut down the amount of time he would have to stay trapped with zacharias.

he manages to dislodge one rock - a pebble, really - and then sinks down to the ground. dominic folds his legs underneath him, and sits cross-legged with his back against the wall. he slips in and out of consciousness to the sound of the magby painstakingly moving stones one by one.

@zacharias

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
shine a little light [m]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 3:05:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1 free evolutionary stone evo (redeem in site shop).
[break]
& @zacharias