feel good [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
feel good [m]
POSTED ON May 11, 2020 22:07:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","blips"]
[attr="class","blipstop"]
[attr="class","blipstopimg"]

[attr="class","blipstoplyric"]bad moon rising

[attr="class","blipstoplyric2"]I see a bad moon a-rising. I see trouble on the way. I see earthquakes and lightnin' I see bad times today. Don't go 'round tonight, it's bound to take your life. There's a bad moon on the rise. I hear hurricanes a-blowing. I know the end is coming soon. I fear rivers overflowing. I hear the voice of rage and ruin. I hope you got your things together. I hope you are quite prepared to die. Look's like we're in for nasty weather, one eye is taken for an eye. Bad moon on the rise.

[attr="class","blipstop2"]

[attr="class","blipstop21"]mission

[attr="class","blipstop22"]rigged

[attr="class","blipstop21"]TAGGED

[attr="class","blipstop22"]

@pharaohleap

[attr="class","blipstop21"]NOTES

[attr="class","blipstop22"]uh oh

[attr="class","blipstop23"]

[attr="class","blipsmid"]

Money ran fast from his pocket.[break][break]

For a hustle to work, there had be an illusion of victory—a sense that someone would have an upper-hand against an inexperienced slouch with too much money in their pocket.[break][break]

Zacharias slapped money on the table, playing with little care and little respect to the stakes.[break][break]

Every time, he lost, and he watched confidence build in the eyes of those that joined the table. Poker could be an easy game to rig—all it took was the right cards up someone's sleeve.[break][break]

Cards laid flat on the table—it would not matter what the hand was, because his money would be thrown to the wayside. He grabbed his hole cards, inspected their contents, and felt his eyes drift carefully to the player adjacent to him.[break][break]

It was a familiar face, and he knew that this was how the hustle would be rigged as he let the two cards hide his smile.

[attr="class","blipsbot"]

I FEAR RIVERS OVERFLOWING. I HEAR THE VOICE OF RAGE AND RUIN.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.blips]border:solid 35px #252525;width:480px;background-color:#393939;color:#848484;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop]padding:35px;height:120px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstopimg]float:left;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #848484;margin-right:15px;height:100px;width:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstopimg img]height:100px;width:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstoplyric]font:bold 30px Roboto;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:25px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstoplyric2]font:9px Roboto;line-height:10px;color:#5a5a5a;text-transform:uppercase;height:60px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop2]background-color:#252525;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop21]font:bold 12px Roboto;color:#999999;line-height:12px;padding-bottom:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop22]font:bold 25px Roboto;line-height:20px;color:#dddddd;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:-1px;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop22 a]font:bold 25px Roboto;line-height:20px;color:#dddddd!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop23]position:absolute;height:35px;padding:30px;margin:-65px 0px 0px -302px;width:420px;background-color:#444444;color:#dddddd;font:12px Roboto;opacity:0;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop23:hover]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid]margin:0px -35px;border-left:solid 35px #424242;border-right:solid 35px #424242;padding:35px 35px;background-color:#393939;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid i]color:#bbbbbb;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid b]color:#bbbbbb;font:bold 11px roboto;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsbot]background-color:#252525;color:#dddddd;font:bold 15px Roboto;line-height:15px;padding:35px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]0rxYr6tv
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
feel good [m]
POSTED ON May 12, 2020 15:18:42 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 he's here to make sure the method actually works, and sleight of hand is a skill that comes as easily to his muscles as writing his name.

maybe if he were much younger, dominic would have found the establishment and its patrons to be refined, but now that he's allowed among them it all feels almost comically farcical.

he takes another mouthful of whiskey, and as he throws his head back his eyes settle on another player. the recognition in his lingering gaze is muted, and when he thinks son of a bitch it's with a trace of fondness given their shared affinity.

dominic places his glass back down carefully. with a purposeful motion, he places another stack of rubber band-bound money on the table at an angle pointing directly to another player, designating a target to whipsaw between them.

@zacharias

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
feel good [m]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 6:33:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","blips"]

[attr="class","blipstoplyric2"]I see a bad moon a-rising. I see trouble on the way. I see earthquakes and lightnin' I see bad times today. Don't go 'round tonight, it's bound to take your life. There's a bad moon on the rise. I hear hurricanes a-blowing. I know the end is coming soon. I fear rivers overflowing. I hear the voice of rage and ruin. I hope you got your things together. I hope you are quite prepared to die. Look's like we're in for nasty weather, one eye is taken for an eye. Bad moon on the rise.

@pharaohleap

Zacharias could feel his cheeks protest from the grin that never wavered.[break][break]

All smiles, he kept the cards close, letting his eyes narrow like slits as they followed the movement of hands as players reached for their cards. The only time this facade seemed to falter, it came when Dominic placed his tightly bound wad of cash onto the table.[break][break]

It was recognition, and it was fast to wax from his eyes.[break][break]

A whistle. “oof, watch out for big bank hank. Heh, heheh—” and the titter that escaped from him was fabricated as he'd lean forward for his drink.[break][break]

And he'd purposefully knock it over, playing up his state of “intoxication” as his other hand snaked under the table to retrieve a better card from inside his jacket. “Whoops. My bad...”[break][break]

A few dabs with a fistful of napkins cleaned the mess, and when he sat himself back he had a new hand at the ready.[break][break]

It was simple, but it worked.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.blips]border:solid 35px #252525;width:480px;background-color:#393939;color:#848484;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstopimg]float:left;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #848484;margin-right:15px;height:100px;width:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstoplyric]font:bold 30px Roboto;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:25px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstoplyric2]font:9px Roboto;line-height:10px;color:#5a5a5a;text-transform:uppercase;height:60px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop21]font:bold 12px Roboto;color:#999999;line-height:12px;padding-bottom:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop22]font:bold 25px Roboto;line-height:20px;color:#dddddd;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:-1px;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop22 a]font:bold 25px Roboto;line-height:20px;color:#dddddd!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop23]position:absolute;height:35px;padding:30px;margin:-65px 0px 0px -302px;width:420px;background-color:#444444;color:#dddddd;font:12px Roboto;opacity:0;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid]margin:0px -35px;border-left:solid 35px #424242;border-right:solid 35px #424242;padding:35px 35px;background-color:#393939;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid b]color:#bbbbbb;font:bold 11px roboto;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsbot]background-color:#252525;color:#dddddd;font:bold 15px Roboto;line-height:15px;padding:35px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]0wYDqKcd
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
feel good [m]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 20:33:57 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic looks annoyed, somehow even moreso than usual.

he exhales dramatically when zacharias spills his drink, shares a meaningful glance with his neighbour (craning his neck just so he can catch a glimpse of their hand), and then spends the remainder of the time glowering and rearranging his wads of cash and chips.

he's satisfied by the time zacharias is done cleaning up, by which point the placement of his pool should indicate to zacharias which cards the player has, allowing them to adjust accordingly.

@zacharias

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
feel good [m]
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 5:01:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","blips"]

@pharaohleap

His observations pulled him back.

Like a fisher catching a lure, he lulled them in; the information garnered from Dominic's array of chips told him that victory would be achieved, but only if he was patient.[break][break]

Sometimes, poker was about the build up—watching the pot grow bigger and bigger before swooping in for the kill.[break][break]

He won enough to keep himself situated at the table. He lasted long enough for the next arrangement of hands to be dealt, and as he reached to his hole of cards, he knew that an ace would await him.[break][break]

Stakes were raised as he went all in, and the smile did not waver. Some mistook that confidence for foolishness after his earlier conduct, and refused to budge.[break][break]

And that was the same as biting onto the bait.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.blipsbot]background-color:#252525;color:#dddddd;font:bold 15px Roboto;line-height:15px;padding:35px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]tqvpE0pU
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
feel good [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2020 5:26:23 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 it's with a calculated precision that dominic loses round after round. his gaze lingers on zacharias and he quashes the smirk threatening his demeanour, glancing back down at his hand.

they should be closing in on the targeted player, if the quirk of his brows and the way he rearranged his chips almost nervously was to be an indicator. dominic's sure experienced players can usually control their responses better than this, but with the amount this man stood to lose?

well, everyone cracks under enough pressure.

dominic played his cards and, like a conductor, let the gesture of his fingers communicate further information to zacharias.

@zacharias