home alone [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
home alone [m]
POSTED ON May 11, 2020 22:10:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","blips"]
[attr="class","blipstop"]
[attr="class","blipstopimg"]

[attr="class","blipstoplyric"]bad moon rising

[attr="class","blipstoplyric2"]I see a bad moon a-rising. I see trouble on the way. I see earthquakes and lightnin' I see bad times today. Don't go 'round tonight, it's bound to take your life. There's a bad moon on the rise. I hear hurricanes a-blowing. I know the end is coming soon. I fear rivers overflowing. I hear the voice of rage and ruin. I hope you got your things together. I hope you are quite prepared to die. Look's like we're in for nasty weather, one eye is taken for an eye. Bad moon on the rise.

[attr="class","blipstop2"]

[attr="class","blipstop21"]mission

[attr="class","blipstop22"]babysitting

[attr="class","blipstop21"]TAGGED

[attr="class","blipstop22"]

@pharaohleap

[attr="class","blipstop21"]NOTES

[attr="class","blipstop22"]uh oh

[attr="class","blipstop23"]

[attr="class","blipsmid"]

“Babysitting” was just a cover—just a chance to get into the house of some influential family with too much money to spare.[break][break]

He could suck up his pride; he could smile; he could slick back his hair and don a pair of glasses to seem professional for his application. Zacharias Burke knew that not all seedy jobs came with the glamour—he had to sacrifice his own image just to step through the front door.[break][break]

And when he did, he was introduced to the youngest son whom he would watch over.[break][break]

The moment the parents left, he locked that fucking brat in a closet.[break][break]

“Little shit bit me. Look! You can see the little teeth marks. What the fuck?” He would complain to his accomplice, letting Dominic in through the backdoor as he brandished his minor injury as if it had caused actual harm.[break][break]

The moment the door closed, he removed the glasses and made a mess of his hair—just to ruin its perfection.[break][break]

Unfortunately, there was nothing that he could do about the sweater vest.

[attr="class","blipsbot"]

I FEAR RIVERS OVERFLOWING. I HEAR THE VOICE OF RAGE AND RUIN.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.blips]border:solid 35px #252525;width:480px;background-color:#393939;color:#848484;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop]padding:35px;height:120px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstopimg]float:left;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #848484;margin-right:15px;height:100px;width:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstopimg img]height:100px;width:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstoplyric]font:bold 30px Roboto;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:25px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstoplyric2]font:9px Roboto;line-height:10px;color:#5a5a5a;text-transform:uppercase;height:60px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop2]background-color:#252525;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop21]font:bold 12px Roboto;color:#999999;line-height:12px;padding-bottom:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop22]font:bold 25px Roboto;line-height:20px;color:#dddddd;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:-1px;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop22 a]font:bold 25px Roboto;line-height:20px;color:#dddddd!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop23]position:absolute;height:35px;padding:30px;margin:-65px 0px 0px -302px;width:420px;background-color:#444444;color:#dddddd;font:12px Roboto;opacity:0;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop23:hover]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid]margin:0px -35px;border-left:solid 35px #424242;border-right:solid 35px #424242;padding:35px 35px;background-color:#393939;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid i]color:#bbbbbb;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid b]color:#bbbbbb;font:bold 11px roboto;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsbot]background-color:#252525;color:#dddddd;font:bold 15px Roboto;line-height:15px;padding:35px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
home alone [m]
POSTED ON May 12, 2020 16:39:19 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 he's glad zacharias was the one who had to play the babysitter role for two primary reasons. firstly, dominic knew a scowl had etched itself into the muscle of his face, and no parent in their right mind would allow him near their child. secondly, this meant he was afforded the opportunity to see zacharias in a sweater vest.

dominic scoffed when he entered, regarding zacharias's wound with a brief glance.

"woah. does the fucker still have its teeth intact?"

he couldn't yet hear crying or screaming from the depths of the house, which pleased him because dominic found the sound of wailing children uniquely aggravating.

dominic steps further into the hallway, clicking his tongue in delight when he sees a family portrait featuring the two parents and their son - all holding a swablu each.

"i'm hoping they have some of those in pokeballs lying around," he says, pointing at the fluffy birds.

"i hear they fetch a good price in johto. you'd know, i'm sure."

@zacharias

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
home alone [m]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 3:51:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","blips"]

[attr="class","blipstoplyric2"]I see a bad moon a-rising. I see trouble on the way. I see earthquakes and lightnin' I see bad times today. Don't go 'round tonight, it's bound to take your life. There's a bad moon on the rise. I hear hurricanes a-blowing. I know the end is coming soon. I fear rivers overflowing. I hear the voice of rage and ruin. I hope you got your things together. I hope you are quite prepared to die. Look's like we're in for nasty weather, one eye is taken for an eye. Bad moon on the rise.

@pharaohleap

The vest itched.[break][break]

Refraining from clawing at himself like an enraged meowth, Zacharias pulled down his sleeve to hide the tiny chomp mark that had failed to break the skin. “Not sure. I socked him right in the mouth for it,” and he spoke of his violence with little care. [break][break]

To Zacharias, a punch to the face was a mercy. There were worse things that he could have done.[break][break]

“He won't be getting any change from the toothfairy... unless he wants to try his luck and start yelling again.”[break][break]

And who didn't want to smack the shit out of a kid, sometimes?[break][break]

As Dominic saw to the hallway, Zacharias had simpler interests as he went to the fridge and snatched an entire bag of shredded Parmesan cheese.[break][break]

He took an entire handful and shoved it into his mouth.[break][break]

“Swablu? The fluffy birds? Look like pillows?” He chewed, coming to the hallway with the bag in hand.[break][break]

He stared at the family portrait and could only spare a spiteful curl of the lips—almost a moment of bitterness. Some people really did have fucking everything.[break][break]

“I've seen 'em go for 150 a pop—don't know how. I know they're dragons, but... not my tastes,” he preferred selling dragons of a larger and more dangerous disposition. Only the rich Johto snobs wanted the Swablu, and they were not his preferred client.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.blips]border:solid 35px #252525;width:480px;background-color:#393939;color:#848484;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstopimg]float:left;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #848484;margin-right:15px;height:100px;width:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstoplyric]font:bold 30px Roboto;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:25px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstoplyric2]font:9px Roboto;line-height:10px;color:#5a5a5a;text-transform:uppercase;height:60px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop21]font:bold 12px Roboto;color:#999999;line-height:12px;padding-bottom:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop22]font:bold 25px Roboto;line-height:20px;color:#dddddd;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:-1px;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop22 a]font:bold 25px Roboto;line-height:20px;color:#dddddd!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop23]position:absolute;height:35px;padding:30px;margin:-65px 0px 0px -302px;width:420px;background-color:#444444;color:#dddddd;font:12px Roboto;opacity:0;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid]margin:0px -35px;border-left:solid 35px #424242;border-right:solid 35px #424242;padding:35px 35px;background-color:#393939;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid b]color:#bbbbbb;font:bold 11px roboto;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsbot]background-color:#252525;color:#dddddd;font:bold 15px Roboto;line-height:15px;padding:35px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
home alone [m]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 19:09:09 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 when zacharias calls the depicted pokemon by name, dominic nods seriously and is quick to echo him as if he weren't a syllable behind. "s-swablu? yeah," dominic repeats, narrowing his eyes at the birdies and nodding knowingly.

rejoined by zacharias, dominic wrinkles his nose in distaste at the bag of parmesan - he never really was a cheese guy, and parmesan in particular has that nasty sharp taste.

"that smells like fermented milk," he says flatly and swivels his head back to survey the portrait with something resembling renewed interest.

"people really do like dragons, huh. always found them as overrated as those little white and green psychic bitches everyone in this region seems to have."

dominic raises one shoulder in a shrug. they always go down so easily, too.

@zacharias

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
home alone [m]
POSTED ON May 16, 2020 6:47:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","blips"]

@pharaohleap

That painting looked too perfect—too pristine.[break][break]

He jabbed a finger to its corner, just to make it askew. There would be no value in destroying it or trying to pawn it, even if that destructive urge was hard to ignore.[break][break]

The bag of “fermented milk” was continually looted as he made his way down the length of the hallway. “Suit yourself,” it meant more was for him. He had skipped lunch.[break][break]

He opened one of the adjacent doors, revealing the master bedroom. His eyes traced over the simple, clean appeal of the space—a nicely-made bed, a wall-mount television, and even a shoe rack that was filled with an assortment of slippers for at-home lounging.[break][break]

“Green bitches? Dude, we need to get you a pokedex.”[break][break]

He set down his snack. With free hands, he sought the wall-mount...[break][break]

And ripped.[break][break]

With one heave, Zacharias would contort his entire body and pull with a destructive force. When that failed to seperate the wall-mount, he set his foot against the dresser, and gave a second pull for good measure.[break][break]

He ripped off the television and hunks of the drywall.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
home alone [m]
POSTED ON May 16, 2020 18:41:10 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic opened his mouth to protest but when he heard the sound of something being destroyed, he snapped his jaw shut and followed in zacharias's footsteps to the bedroom.

interesting.

he arched an appreciative eyebrow at the armful of television and helpfully tore the wires connecting it to the circuitry of the wall, giving zacharias some freedom of movement.

"where are you putting that? dominic drawled as he flung himself on the bed. "will it even fit in whatever shack you're renting?"

unable to stay idle for very long, dominic pulled himself to his full height again, bouncing very slightly on the mattress as he surveyed the room with an appraising glance.

catching sight of a dressing table with some jewellery prominently displayed, dominic dropped to the floor again, stripped a pillow of its pillowcase and started shoveling the necklaces, bracelets, rings and anything else that got in the way inside. when he was done with the surface items, he pulled open the drawers and scooped everything in as well for good measure.

@zacharias

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
home alone [m]
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 4:38:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","blips"]

@pharaohleap

“I'll make room,” he scoffed, thinking back to the poor studio that he rented.[break][break]

It was a desolate space, occupied by a single armchair and futon—it could be folded into a bed, so that was pretty neat. Why spend his money on furniture? There were better things for him to spend his money on.[break][break]

And he could steal anything else.[break][break]

“Let's find the kid's room. I bet he's got game consoles and games. You know, to go with the tv.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
home alone [m]
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 4:43:48 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 zacharias was one man, and that was a needlessly large television.

"heh, maybe you'll scratch the shit out of the screen before you can bring it back."

dominic swung around to face zacharias, pillowcase full of valuables in one hand, with the closest thing to glee he had expressed in a while. it wavered for a moment because apparently he was working with an overgrown child.

that isn't to say he wouldn't make liberal usage of zacharias's video game library if the opportunity arose.

dominic jingled with an assortment of trinkets when he ducked around zacharias and his new television and stepped back into the hallway. a few more paces where he throws open each door as he passed until he came across what was ostensibly the kid's room.

a made bed that was unnecessarily large for a child, a neat desk, shelves lined with books and figurines, another television, though slightly smaller, hung on the wall, with a set of consoles lined up underneath. dominic descends on them like a ravenous mightyena, biting back the bile of jealousy rising to the back of his throat.

"over here," he called out, which was neither helpful nor descriptive.

@zacharias

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
home alone [m]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2020 19:45:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","blips"]

@pharaohleap

“Fuck nah,” and Zacharias shifted his grip, just to confirm that he had a solid grasp on his prize.[break][break]

He followed Dominic, if only because he had a feeling as to where the man was going—he was greeted with splendor that made his hackles raise. All these goodies. All these toys. All this money spent on some worthless brat of a kid.[break][break]

He never had half of this, and he knew he had been more helpful as a child—at least he had contributed, before everything had blown up in his face.[break][break]

“You get the shit we can pawn—I get the shit we can use,” He stressed this emphasis as he walked into the boy's room, raiding the shelves with a simple wide swing of the arm to clear entire levels of videogame cases—like Dominic, Zacharias also took advantage of the pillowcase idea.[break][break]

The pikachu print of the pillowcase was distorted by the hard edges of the cases.[break][break]

The kid had a decent selection—if only because most of the games were intended for actual adults.[break][break]

Gotta love parents that didn't give a shit about what their kids played, or else he would have had to dig through the kiddie bullshit.[break][break]

“Grab the consoles, man. My hands are full,” and like an over-packed Delibird, Zacharias struggled as he brought the sack over his shoulder.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
home alone [m]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2020 0:24:32 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic watched zacharias's wanton looting, one eyebrow arched. to the untrained eye it may seem like a cool detachment but a brief quirk of the lips indicated otherwise.

dominic waited patiently for zacharias to be done sweeping the games (and whatever else got in the way, probably) into the pillowcase before tipping the shelves over to the ground. just for good measure. maybe he had a flare for the dramatic.

he shoved a large handheld console into one jacket pocket, grabbed a headset and hung it around his neck. why the fuck does a headset need to glow, anyways? irritation swelled in his chest and dominic expressed it by knocking down another shelf, this time with a little more force. books and pokemon figurines were sent scattering across the floor.

satisfied with his acts of minor destruction, dominic busied himself disconnecting two more consoles, and then scooped one under each arm.

"i bet i won't see these things ever again," he grumbled, hoisting each console up to get a better grip on them before shoving the door further open with his shoulder. "i'm keeping the nintendo swerve," he added.

as they made their way back to the corridor, dominic was feeling pretty good about the heist until he heard car tires behind him. "oh fuck, move," he hissed to zacharias, and then began to push him down the corridor with as much strength as he could muster.

unable to maneuver the television in his arms very well at this speed (let alone with a grown ass man at his back), zacharias's new acquisition left deep gouges and dark scratches in the walls as the pair made a hasty escape.

@zacharias