twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON May 16, 2020 18:27:34 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
there comes slight chatter on the streets about illegal experiments somewhere in petalburg. he wants to believe that he's there, stood around the corner of the suspected one-story building, solely because it's his duty to be. but it's more than that. disgust, sympathy, and almost anger; they boil within him while he waits for his partner.

the street light flickers with an eerie buzz that seems to fill the void of silence. the lights remain on in the one-story building; they have been since he showed up fifteen minutes ago. he's been patient. he's waiting. he understands the dangers of this mission and the risks of going in alone even for someone like him. he leans against the wall and taps the tiny communication device in his ear, only now turning it on.

"stone at the rendezvous point."

mission!
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON May 16, 2020 18:57:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]"reyes approaching," she murmurs into the device. a soft click follows and then, it's just her and the shadows once more. it shouldn't be much farther now... the soft ghastly glow of a will-o-wisp dances across the alley as she continues. fur brushes against her ankles, reassuring and protective all at once. instead of her usual companions, she's returning to old habits and old comforts. a ninetales sticks as close as possible, crimson eyes almost glistening with something deadly against the darkness.

the clicking of heels against concrete gives her away before her appearance does.

"stone, right?" she inquires, slowly sliding up to his side without warning. there's an urgency in her veins, a certain kind of determination she hasn't felt before. perhaps it's the situation, the disgusting nature of what lies ahead. illegal experiments. the very concept has her both nauseous and livid all at once. people treating pokemon like test subjects, tools to further their own revolting agendas. it's sickening. part of her wonders if she'll have the stomach to handle what they could see. and, better yet, part of her knows she has to.

the glow of the will-o-wisp brings recognition and with it, a nervous smile. "i didn't know you would be here," she whispers after a moment. her hand betrays her and drifts toward his almost subconsciously.

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 6:55:55 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the first indication of her voice goes unregistered; it might as well have been static in his ear. space and time bend and distort as his gallade makes his reappearance next to him. a feeling resonates within his mind and he nods his understanding. waiting was the right choice.

"yes," he replies out of pure instinct. his gaze stays fixed on the house, analyzing its details because doing anything but would put the mission at risk. it isn't until galahad taps him on his shoulder does he turn.

his expression immediately softens. "that makes two of us." the mask of indifference he wears starts to fade ever so slightly because he wills it to. he told himself a while ago that he'd never use it with her. he has never had a reason to. 

his hand drifts toward hers and the faintest of smiles graces his features. but it soon subsides in favor of duty. "galahad senses just one aura in the immediate room to the left. but something is blocking him from seeing into the basement." worry starts to creep onto him. "could be a pokemon, i am not too sure."

mission!
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 19:00:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]her smile is warm, head dipping in greeting to galahad. alexander is slow to turn at first, distracted by the house in question. it makes sense, she supposes. evil lurks behind those walls, revolting things occurring in the shadows. it makes her skin crawl and she's stepping closer to combat the sensation. his expression softens when he does take notice of her presence, just enough that any steeled nerves she had prepared for this mission are now lost. there's this thing about him that tends to make her feel too safe, too secure. perhaps it will be her undoing.

"i'm glad to see you," she blurts out as his hand drifts close enough for her fingers to tentatively snag his. the contact is calming, almost as grounding as it had been back in rustboro. she holds onto it for a little too long, greedy and desperate.

and then, her hand is dropping at the mention of business. right, they have a job to do. lives to protect, pokemon to save. feelings can wait. "blocking?" her head tilts slightly as if considering the options. pokemon have been known to be able to act as buffers for the abilities psychic types possess. or, with the constant advances in technology, it could be a man made machine for the sole purpose of flying under the radar. perhaps both, even. the thought has her stomach mildly churning with nerves. "if they're performing experiments, they could have the technology to mask their activity." her ninetales bristles at the tone of her voice, the way the syllables tremble. "the one aura in the room," she glances toward the destination in question. "that one might be easier to deal with first."

her gaze sweeps back to him with a trace of fear in dark eyes. there's a pit in her stomach she can't shake, increasing with each moment they linger out here. what even is it? dread, she decides with another beat of silence. she feels dread.

"how do you want to proceed?"

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 9:15:44 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"i'm glad to you see too." her words bring a smile to his face, warm in nature, and it only amplifies when he feels her fingers around his. he gravitates towards her without even realizing it. she pulls him out of his thoughts, keeps him grounded, and perhaps that's why a sense of security develops in the moment. he's careful not to let it overwhelm him.

their bubble dissipates the moment their hands separate and the reality of the situation returns. possible danger looms in the near distance, and he has to be absolutely certain before attempting anything because it's not just his life on the line anymore.

"you're right." it's dangerous to deal with the unknown and so the logical option presents itself, ripe for the picking. "let's deal with the one aura first. we might be able to get answers from them before we head down." a plan is formed and he finds himself moving towards the building. his voice is low as are his footsteps. they soon near the building.

with his back against the wall, he looks to illeana and holds his index finger up. a nod is all it takes before galahad disappears, TELEPORTING into the building. dread builds within him but he remains calm because he has trust; trust in his pokemon, trust in his partner. a few moments pass before he feels a familial weight in his mind. he breathes a sigh of relief. "galahad has subdued the man." his eyes fall back on her as if looking to reassure her.

"are you ready?" 

mission!
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON May 25, 2020 22:04:31 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]warmth blooms between smiles, mirror images of the same affection. her hand squeezes at his in response to the words. tentatively, she glances toward the building, speaking in hushed tones. "i wish it were under better circumstances." there's a somberness that drags the air down around them, their bubble popping at the smooth surface.

even with the comfort and security he provides, the dread doesn't lessen in her stomach. slowly it spreads and is soon joined by worry. will they be alright doing this? it's dangerous, incredibly so, and she's unable to hide the nervousness that threatens to overtake her. fidgeting, she sticks close and flammae presses closer to her legs.

"that sounds like a good idea," she murmurs. a thought occurs, then, and she's lost in contemplation. will subduing the one aura alert the possible others? will those in the basement hear the scuffle? or will it give them the element of surprise? she's uncertain, glancing toward him for guidance. "do you think they'll give us any answers?" somehow, she has her doubts in the act of extracting information.

they move toward the building, flammae quick to extinguish the faint blue glow of will-o-wisp as their destination nears. she's trying to step lightly, to quiet the click of heels against pavement. the scientist presses as close as she can to the wall, to him, to the shadows. it's difficult to be stealthy, she decides with another glance spared toward the building. she's out of her element now. their movement stills and she's looking to him as a finger rises. a nod follows and before she can even blink, galahad is teleporting into the building. dread continues to swell in her body and she's tense as the moments pass. a sigh of relief is what allows her to tentatively relax, his words easing her into a state of relief. galahad made it. he subdued the aura. he's okay. she meets his gaze and a slow bob of her head follows. it's funny, her hands almost ache with the need to hold his in the face of adversity. is that normal? her response is meek yet somehow firm but the small smile flashed in his direction wobbles.

"ready."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2020 5:04:27 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
dread builds, unfamiliar in nature, as it looks to rise to the surface. "i hope they do." such a thought can be both foolish and powerful at the same time. it goes the same for hope, which is what he feels in the moment as he meets her gaze, because what is life without it?

the door is surprisingly unlocked. he confirms it when the handle twists without any retaliation. an involuntary breath fills his lungs and he catches himself holding it. doubt cannot exist in this moment. he needs to have complete trust in the people around him. and he does.

no creeks come from the door as it slowly swings open to reveal an empty hallway. it leads down with three paths: two to the left and one to the right. another feeling resonates within him and he notes that galahad is in the far left one. he makes sure illeana knows as much with a point of his finger. he hugs the wall, stays close to the ground, and stops right by the first path to the left. it leads to a closed door and what lies beyond that is unknown, but he suspects it leads to the basement. he shuffles past it for now, focus elsewhere.

the last room to the far left reveals itself to be a kitchen. sat on one of the chairs is a man held in place by the psychic-type. his mouth is covered by the blunt side of galahad's blade-arm. alexander takes a moment to take in the room before approaching.

"how many are down there?" 

galahad lowers his arm just enough for the man to spit back a "fuck you." the half-eaten sandwich in front of him is telling, and from what alexander's seen from the hallway, it doesn't appear as though this building is lived in. he wishes it was enough to reassure him. the man speaks again: "you won't like what's down there." alexander nears. "and what's down there?" a smirk is all it takes to make his stomach sink.

"scraps."

mission!

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 4:25:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]she stays silent in the face of his hope, struggling to swallow back the way her heart lurches into her throat. hope and dread mingle and mix into something confusing, something dangerous. the situation before them is too grave for her to head in with expectations that will only be crushed. she knows this, understands it even. and yet, she wants to believe that things aren't as bad as they feel. it's foolish, really. they're worse than what she fears, impossibly so.

he begins to move and she follows, blindly, faithfully. the door is unlocked and she tries to not think too much of it but something about it leaves a sour taste in her mouth. if they're doing something so awful, so disgusting in the basement... why leave the door unlocked? it's unsettling in a way she despises and her body tenses. no, she has to be wrong. there's no way this is a trap. right?

if she presses any closer to the wall, the wallpaper just might swallow her up. it's cool behind her back, grounding her into this hallway, this situation. in front of her, alexander signals toward one of the options laid out in front of them. another nod is earned in response. galahad must have the single aura in there... is he out of commission? ready to talk? there's too many possibilities, enough to make her tentative as they head in that direction. a particular door causes her to pause, to glance toward it with a swallow. flammae nudges her knee to keep her focused, to keep her on track, but her eyes drift back even as they continue. is that the way to the basement? probably and she just knows in every fiber of her begin that she won't enjoy what's down there.

she has to stifle a gasp when they enter the room. for the most part, it looks like a normal kitchen. a little bare, even, but normal enough that it doesn't make her skin crawl like she thought it would. her gasp comes in response to the sight of the man, held in place by galahad pressing an arm into his mouth. covering the endeavor of talking, masking any attempts of gathering attention from whoever else could linger in the rest of the building. only when alexander drifts closer with a question rolling off his tongue does the psychic type lower his arm. the man's voice is grating on her ears, eliciting a shiver in response. everything about him puts her on edge. maybe it's the way he spits at them or the thoughts of what's beneath their very feet.

no, it's what he says next that really unnerves her.

scraps. what... what does he mean by that? flammae snarls softly at her legs and she's tensing at the sound. dread pools and coils in her stomach and it's taking everything in her to fight off waves of nausea as they come. "what do you mean by scraps?" comes out as a whisper, too meek and tentative for her liking. gingerly, she steps out from behind alexander, shoulder brushing against his as she moves closer. her eyes narrow with a hint of anger and her body screams for her to get as far away from this criminal as possible but she stays rooted in place, hands settling onto both sides of her hips. "what did you do?"

something tells her she really will not like the answers she receives.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 17:00:51 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]how a single word elicits such a flurry of emotions is dangerous. he does what he can to calm the storm that thunders within him, but everything from the man's words to his smile almost breaks him. he covers the cracks in his fortitude and steels himself forward. he has to; for both of them.

"i didn't do anything. i ain't that vile."

alexander circles like a sharpedo closing in on its prey, though his eyes never linger on the man for too long, no, he's always looking, always searching for secrets in the room. he finds it with the fridge. "if not you then who?" his question almost fades into the background as his focus shifts to the fridge, to the odd stains that taint the surface of it. it trails downwards and almost pools on the ground.

"i wouldn't open that."

but how could he not? his fingers are right there on the handle. all it takes is a simple pull and yet something is holding him back. is it dread again? he exhales before cracking the door open just enough.

for moments, all is silent.

"told you."

[newclass=.devonpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 17:55:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]where he steels himself and covers the cracks, she finds herself breaking apart. it's subtle at first. a single shift, a single crack in the composure she had struggled to craft in the first place. and then, there's more pressure applied, more pieces breaking apart until she's barely able to hold it together.

"right," she half murmurs, half sighs. her head shakes and she's narrowing dark eyes with a single step forward. alexander circles the man like a predator would prey and it's difficult to not follow his movement, to not allow her eyes to drift from the suspect. "so you're just here because you feel like it then?" part of her recognizes the hint of a lie but it's baffling considering the word choice. vile. if what they're doing in the basement of this building disgusts him then... why assist? why comply? why not stop it?

her mouth opens to press further, to shoot out question after question until the man breaks. yet, it's alexander's halting movement that stops her from speaking. her gaze darts to him, to where he stands in front of the fridge. the man pipes up, once again offering words of discouragement. they won't like what's in there. somehow, her gut had already informed her of such a fact. the way dread continues to build and coil has her on edge.

alexander doesn't listen, doesn't even give the man so much of an indicator as to hearing the warning. his fingers wrap around the handle of the fridge and pull.

silence falls. neither of them move and... the first thing she notices is the smell. it's sour, nauseating, overpowering. her stomach churns further and she's gasping back the sudden urge to hurl. hands rise to cover her mouth, to hold it back. and then, she understands what the source is. packages of plastic wrapped parts lay perfectly placed on shelves, each one labeled with a different name. some she recognizes, some she doesn't. one in particular stands out, however. vulpix. oh god, she's going to be sick.

"how," she gags, quick to turn her back on the contents of the fridge and force herself closer to the subdued man. "how dare you." her voice is low, angry, crumbling. tears prick at the corners of her eyes and she's trying to blink them away. funny, she had always known she was an angry crier but this is too much... illeana leans into the man's space, lips settling into half of a snarl. "i'll ask you again," she grits out. "what the hell did you do?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 18:14:52 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]there's no need for galahad to look. he feels the weight in his mind and it's one he hasn't felt in a long time. recalling is almost as painful as experiencing it again. disgust. abhorrence. even guilt. he feels it through alexander and though no words are said, he understands. 

a mistake comes when alexander steps away from the fridge. he takes a breath, almost gasping for air, as the pit in his stomach only grows deeper. the brief moment allows illeana to slip by, to see the horrors for herself. he would have at least prepared her for it. but then again, what could prepare someone for something this vile? this sickening?

"like i said, i didn't do anything. i just watch the place while they're away."

and there it is again. they. it implies there are multiple people responsible for this, multiple people that would defy natural laws and dip into the immoral. "how long ago were they here?" he finally asks. for this, he looks the man in the eyes.

"i'm done talking."

no looks need to be shared. no orders. it's almost there's a click in his mind before galahad tightens his hold over the man, squeezing until his body falls limp. not dead, but subdued. 

the fridge is the first thing alexander reaches for. he closes it, hoping to seal away its contents forever. he then reaches for illeana; his hands searching; his eyes pleading.

"i'm sorry."

[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 1:20:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]that god awful smell feels like it lingers in every corner of the room, every inch of her sinuses until it's all she can focus on. oh god, how could anyone do such a thing? she had always known there were people out there in the world capable of such things but... she never thought she'd actually come face to face with one, let alone stumble upon the acts themselves. somehow, it's almost worse than she'd ever imagined, as if her imagination hadn't even come close to the real thing.

another gulp of air is swallowed down with a desperateness she hasn't known before. nausea rises and falls and she struggles to hold it back, to keep herself from losing the contents of her stomach. a sharp inhale from over her shoulder gives her an inkling that alexander might be having a similar reaction. had he meant to even give her the opportunity to see with her own eyes? part of her believes no because really, who would want anyone to see that? she wants to turn away from the man, wants to shrink back into alexander's side and crumble but it won't do her any good. not right now. not when this man is still speaking, still divulging information.

they.

he's nothing more than a guard dog and somehow, that's just as bad. her face deepens into its scowl at the thought. he's sitting by and allowing these people to perform such vile things instead of stopping them. hell, he's even protecting the abomination they call work. despicable. illeana holds her tongue and steps away from the man's bubble of space, allowing alex to take her place with questions. flammae sticks even closer to her legs than before, soft fur and radiating warmth a comfort in the cruelty of this building.

the man refuses to say anything further, clamming up as soon as the question is uttered. how long ago had they been in these very walls? and while she wants to know the answer, a more pressing question rises to the forefront of her mind and her body tenses at the thought. and when will they be coming back? how much time do they have before they return? minutes? hours? days? her attention is drawn away from considering the possibilities as galahad's grip on the man tightens. his body goes limp and with the slackening of muscles, her eyes widen. he's not dead right? no, wait, his chest is rising and falling with the rhythm of breathing. somehow, for some reason she doesn't quite understand, that fact brings some peace of mind to her.

the fridge shuts with a soft click before alexander is shifting back into her orbit. she turns as he approaches, as his hands search for her. she had told herself she'd stay strong during this whole thing but that look in his eyes has her crumbling into soft sobs and a mess of tears. his search is met with a soft thump as her body moves on its own accord, pressing close to his for warmth, comfort, affection. "it's okay," she chokes out. the smell still lingers in her nostrils and her hands tighten at the fabric of his shirt, head tucking into his chest without hesitation. raw emotion leaves her body trembling. it's a few moments of silence, of staying latched onto him, before she tries to compose herself enough to let go.

"i'm okay," she murmurs. her gaze drifts up from the floor to find his and there's a gentle tilt of her head, her voice soft and tentative when it escapes from her lips again. "are you alright?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 16:44:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]it would have been so easy to just slip the familial mask on and to pretend that everything is okay. as temping as it may be, alexander reminds himself of the promise he had made, and embraces the pain that comes from acceptance. he cannot change what is in the fridge but he can change how it affects him. he holds her close.

"it's okay." 

he echoes her words and chooses to believe them. her scent calms him as he presses closer, afraid that even the smallest of spaces will pull her away from him. the silence that befalls them is almost deafening, but eventually, like all things, it passes.

"yeah," he responds, meeting her gaze. there's a softness in his eyes of recollection, of guilt, and he makes no notions to hide it. "it just reminded me how vile people can be." a subtle weight pulses in his mind and he recognizes it be empathy. his eyes stray to galahad, grateful, before returning to her. "but i'm okay. thank you." 

a few moments pass and he feels duty creeping back up on them. he offers her one last reassuring smile before letting go. his attention falls back to the haunting fact that there is an even more sickening sight waiting for them downstairs. 

"ready?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 23:57:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]she buries her face into the fabric of his shirt with a shaky inhale, the exhale coming a moment later. his scent is soothing perhaps even more than his touch. it grounds her in a way she has come to appreciate and perhaps that's why she presses closer. he allows it, indulges in the contact despite the situation around them. in fact, he even brings her in closer all while mumbling words of reassurance into her hair.

she doesn't make any moves to fill the spaces of silence at first. she doesn't need to... he understands and in the end, it passes them by as quickly as it had come.

his eyes find hers and she's softening at the edges, hardened eyes from the previous interaction with the man now melting into something close to empathy. "yeah," she murmurs. her hands squeeze at his back gently, as if saying you didn't do anything wrong without needing to put the sentiment into words. he didn't, if she stops to think about it. regardless of if he had moved to recollect himself, she would have gotten a glimpse at the contents of the fridge. it was inevitable, just as what lies in the basement is. there's no changing the situation, no going back to fix the wrongs that have been committed. there's only pushing forward, only stopping them from continuing. "i never thought people could get lower than they already have." she's been proved wrong today and it'll probably happen again. the world seems to have a never-ending supply of awful people and it's always quick to remind her of that fact.

"i'm glad you're okay," she flashes him a small smile. and then, with one last reassuring smile of his own, he's stepping away and releasing her. at first, it's colder than she had remembered upon first entering the room. the lack of his warmth is quickly shoved aside, however, as what lies beyond this point comes back to haunt them. her smile drops, lips settling into a somber line. what exactly are they going to find? does she even want to know? better yet, can she handle it?

a sigh escapes her as one last glance is thrown over her shoulder to the unconscious man. the single word he had uttered plays in her mind over and over and over until she's almost sick from just the sound of it. scraps. she's not prepared, not even in the slightest, but they need to move on. and so, with a slight nod, she's turning to the door. "as ready as i'll ever be." she just hopes it's enough to survive this...

[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 17:48:08 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]people can be cruel. he has seen it, he has experienced it, he has lived through the worst of it and yet there he stands, still hopeful.

where illeana offers the unconscious man once last glance, alexander offers him nothing. he nods at her confirmation and approaches the hallway once again. his heart stills as he peers down the stretch, realizing that the horrors are almost guaranteed to be waiting for them. he looks back to galahad only to be met with a shake of the head.

"something is still blocking him." 

which forces their hand. his lips purse into a thin line as he starts his approach. like last time, he stays close to the wall, stays light on his feet, and only stops when he nears the door to the basement. he allows galahad to shift past him to take the lead. glancing over his shoulder, he meets her gaze and nods his head. they might not be ready but the situation calls for them to be. in one subtle motion, galahad twists the door handle and steps through.

the path is dark and it leads downwards. the wooden stairs almost creak under their weight as they reach the bottom which reveals another door. this one is made out of thick steel, which alexander realizes might be what's blocking galahad from sensing past it. another curt nod acts as the go-ahead for galahad to open it.

the steel door swings open to reveal a brightly-lit white room. there's a buzz and a crack that resonates through the air and it only takes alexander a second to realize what it is. "watch out!" galahad is quick to react with a WIDE GUARD. the invisible barrier that forms blocks a powerful ZAP CANNON. galahad swings his other arm in retaliation and sends a PSYCHO CUT barreling across at the porygon-z. the single attack is all it takes to down the normal-type. when its body hits the floor, the room dims ever so slightly as TRICK ROOM wears off.

nothing else stands in their way.