twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
laskussa [c]
POSTED ON May 16, 2020 18:41:32 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
there is comfort in familiarity, but not here. he is no stranger to this building. he left this last for a reason. the secretary greets him with the same generic content and he soon finds himself directed to the fourth floor conference room; again: familiar.

"councilman silph."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
laskussa [c]
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 17:50:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The disappearance of their Champion is of no consequence. Heonn was trending upwards prior to his departure so losing his biggest obstacle was met with warm welcome that required no further investigation. The chaos that comes afterwards is an oversight that not even Fernando could have predicted. Only through the fault of those around him does he hold any tether that the region would be better off with a competent Stone among them.

Fernando knows that Alexander will be back but has no idea of when. There's no point in counting on something he cannot assess so he leaves the thought idle, trying to make use of his sisters despite their own in-competencies. Go figure he returns after Devon is successfully severed from being their primary supplier.

"Stone."

As immature as it may sound, devoting himself to the VVMORPG has done Silph well. Being able to distract himself onto something inconsequential helps free the mind and soul. He's yet to return to his monotone fixation on necessary work and it shows from the lack of bags and wrinkles.

"Returning home?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
laskussa [c]
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 19:02:31 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
their greetings are short and concise as is his response to the councilman's question. "yes." he sits in the same chair as he once did before. it's as uncomfortable as he remembers.

"you look well rested." 

the lack of bags and wrinkles gives fernando away. he can't quite recall if he's ever seen the man this clean. it leaves him with a thought which he leaves for later.

"i take it you've met my sister."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
laskussa [c]
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 19:30:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "I would hope so. I'm back from sick leave."

Fernando doesn't elude to much more, not without prompting, but it provides an ample alibi for his lack of public involvement with the VMMORPG. This time, he intends to maintain the lifestyle. At least until the next major incident.

"Indeed. I suppose you're talking about the older one this time though."

Fernando has his own polarized opinions on each member of the Devon family but he hides it behind a courteous smile. smile. After all, Alexander is his favorite, if at all.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
laskussa [c]
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 19:40:57 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"i hope it was nothing serious." 

alexander doesn't prod further because there's no reason to. the alibi exists to serve its purpose and it does for the most part. whatever illness that overcame fernando must have been serious in nature, however, as he isn't known to be pulled away from work. they are similar in that regard.

"yes. i understand devon's contract with the league has been voided. i would like to rectify that." 

a file is slid across the table; inside is a similar contract except less strenuous for devon. it is one that will allow alexander to allocate his resources more freely.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
laskussa [c]
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 20:06:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Naturally."

Fernando looks at the file briefly before picking it up to scan more thoroughly. "Are you returning to office or is this in line as an external contractor in relations to the League." There had been several qualms that Fernando had with dealing with Daphne. Most of them stemmed for her outright rebuttal and refusal to cooperate with him. Surely, Alexander is more diplomatic, which means limiting him that much harder.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
laskussa [c]
POSTED ON May 18, 2020 18:28:23 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"i will be returning to office."

alexander watches fernando scan through the file. they both are more than familiar with the masks they wear. it's hard to break through, but he's not expecting to.

"the terms of the contract are relatively similar to what we had agreed upon before. the only major change is our expected quota." 

to allocate less to the league will allow him sufficient breathing room. the rest of the contract stays the same. there's a slight pause before he continues.

"i plan on sharing our resources more extensively with sootopolis."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
laskussa [c]
POSTED ON May 19, 2020 6:15:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "What a nice surprise. Just in time to put you to work."

Fernando's half joking and makes it more than apparent with an audible chuckle. There's little to be amiable about between the two heads. Even now their competition remains silent, solemn in its constant state of eventuality. The pretense between them is to never acknowledge their internal rivalry because that means admitting the other is a threat. At least in his eyes.

"Ah." A major change, no matter how slight, is a change to be scrutinized. That can come with an actual analysis along with some second opinions and Fernando will reserve his judgement for later, when he can back it up with facts and his own explanation of his attempt to gyp Stone for all he's worth.

"Sootopolis?" His surprise is inflected by the question of his tone. "Odd choice. Slateport and Mossdeep have seen the most need considering recent events." There are many methods of pressing for an answer without outright demanding it. Fernando opts for the more traditional route and it shows in his eyes.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
laskussa [c]
POSTED ON May 19, 2020 18:03:04 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
a courteous smile is the only response that escapes him but it's enough to mask what's brewing underneath. the man sat opposite him is the only one capable of eliciting such negative emotions. in a way it's a testament to their unspoken rivalry.

"it is never too early to make preparations." but he's sure fernando knows that. "sootopolis is naturally fortified and it has been self-sufficient for years. it won't require much resources from us, but providing just enough would put the city in a much better place." 

the unspoken implication is of his connection with abbiati and how his involvement in sootopolis will only further her standing. fernando's eyes seek for more and he's willing to provide.

"rest assured, slateport and mossdeep will still receive more than sufficient amounts from us."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
laskussa [c]
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 9:18:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Fair. I can't imagine Sootopolis having any sort of impact as opposed to, say, Rustboro, but it's not my property."

His line of reasoning reveals his own route of thinking. There is more simple probing between the lines of their conversation. Acknowledgement can reinforce how obvious one's intentions may be while being subtle enough to avoid having to address the topic directly. Fernando knows little about Stone's connection with Abbiati and even less with how entwined the two have become.

"I'll have a contract drafted and approved by Goode by the end of the month." He pauses. "I would suggest you take a look at any deliverables sent to Devon from the League during your absence. I ended up footing the bill for an audit of your goods to ensure Devon property was accounted for and returned in acceptable condition. I would hope that your sister kept them together to ease with her transition."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
laskussa [c]
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 9:31:35 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
nothing more will come from simple probing. enough has been said for fernando to infer what he may. the gates have been closed and the conversation naturally progresses as neither party are one to linger.

"will do. i'll make sure you get reimbursed in full." 

he shifts in a manner that suggests he's preparing to leave, but he remains seated for now. a nod follows as he delves into an obligation that routinely creeps into his worries. his promise of a favor is still left unclaimed and though he doesn't directly address it, his words suggest enough.

"thank you, councilman. do you need anything from me?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
laskussa [c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2020 21:40:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "No need."

There's no point in bickering over pennies on the dollar. The amount means nothing to either of them but the sentiment behind it behold something greater: debt. Favors are curried to cultivate an image of face and Fernando holds the high ground despite his genuine intentions toward the latter.

However brief, Fernando finds their meeting quite productive. What happens silently, between the lines, means for Hoenn than he could've expected. "Send your sister my regards. I suspect you'll be taking the limelight for Stone related matters? If so, take your time to assimilate. Hoenn may seem the same but it's good to have you back, Stone."

There is a comfort in having to deal with people rather than unknown phenomenon. Despite their actual stances, Fernando considers Alexander mortal. People are predictable, malleable, and easy to conquer. If returning Hoenn to a simpler time where his greatest adversary was steering Rocket to consolidate his own power then he has no qualms with joining hands with what should have been a bitter rival.

"I look forward to see what you can bring to the table."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
laskussa [c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 8:06:54 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the sentiment is meant to quell the debt that had been bestowed onto him; a debt that he never would have acquired in the first place. it puts him in a precarious position. it's one he has been trying to escape.

"i appreciate it, councilman."

there is nothing left to be gained from this meeting so alexander prepares to make his departure. 

"as do i. please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything." 

and with that, he leaves with the knowledge that he is further behind than he would have liked. his time away is proving to be a hindrance despite its neccessity. it is slightly frustration, but he'll catch up.