awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON May 18, 2020 3:50:47 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The service floor of the Lilycove hotel was bustling with activity. It was a busy day, and plenty of people were keeping the housekeepers and maintenance men busy by clogging their toilets and breaking their tvs. The floor was so abuzz that no one had any time to pay attention to the janitor hiding out in the breakroom, nursing a lollipop. Oscar shoved the keys into his pocket and adjusted his collar. The white jumpsuit he stole was a bit small for him, but he felt he passed pretty well as er, George Kalso. He was geared up for a pretty standard job, get into a trainer’s room and steal a pokemon. Not exactly breaking new ground here. And yet he felt unquestionably nervous. Perhaps it was how the build-up to this moment, weeks of tracking down a trainer with a Gardevoir of all things. You’d think it would be easier to find a trainer with such a popular pokemon, yet the search was strenuous and keeping track of the bastard left a bad taste in Oscar’s mouth. One that couldn’t be erased with cherry flavored saliva.

Oscar discarded the sucker and pressed the earpiece in his ear. Pretty genius touch, looked like the ones all of the housekeepers used. “This is George Kalso checking in on if the Waldos have checked out. Their room is due for maintenance.” He was speaking to his partner in this mission, the likely true source of his anxiety. Just his luck that his first real mission back with Team Rocket was being supervised by “The Wolf”. He hadn’t heard of her until he rejoined, but she’s a god-damn hero to the grunts. To have someone with such influence watching over him gave him conniptions. He already screwed up a bit when they met for the first time like, three hours ago. As he passed off the earpiece, it was like grabbing a running generator. The woman radiated power. He was so nervous he fumbled through the entire explanation of the plan; it was absolutely humiliating. He couldn’t imagine how little she thought of him after that, but maybe he could recover by nailing this job.

He took his anxiety out on the table, tapping in time to the generic pop music playing on the breakroom tv. He reviewed the plan over and over in his head: according to the schedule he swiped from the target’s day planner he was grabbing dinner at 5. Oscar had observed him for a bit and he noted that he a) was punctual and b) always locked his pokeballs up before heading out anywhere. All Oscar had to do was use the master keys to get into his room, break the room’s safe and grab the Gardevoir. The only snag was that he had no idea what room he was in, that was up to Ms. Wolfe. He checked the clock, it was 5:05. He pressed his earpiece once more, “Any news on them Waldos?

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON May 18, 2020 4:43:40 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

Emma waits outside the building, out of sight and discreet among the occasional crowd. She has her eyes on the front door of the hotel building, waiting for their targets to move into position. According to the information her partner had gathered, the couple had a scheduled dinner down the street from their hotel room at 5 o'clock sharp. [break][break]

The woman glances down briefly at her watch. It reads 5:05 and she lowers her hand to her side with an exasperated sigh. [break][break]

"Damnit.. how long does it take to grab the elevator?"[break][break]

She stretches her neck, hearing a few satisfying pops from her neck. She swallows, glancing over her shoulder and into the fray. She hears the buzz of her earpiece and her fingers twitch as Oscar's voice comes through. But it's just as he speaks that their targets' arrive. They're giddy on perhaps a little too much wine. They must have been celebrating something and getting a buzz early - less expensive.[break][break]

What a shame.[break][break]

Emma's finger lifts to her earpiece, discreet, and with a quick flow of motion, noise would filter in on his end as she makes her approach.[break][break]

"They're in sight, moving in. Expect your answer soon, and stand up straight."[break][break]

And then she pushes through the doors and puts on her show. She sounds hysterical, running up to the woman and grabbing hold of her wrists. Tears wet her face and mark her cheeks with streaks of mascara.[break][break]

"Oh thank goodness you're here! I need your help, please, please, please."[break][break]

They seem bewildered by her abruptness, and it seems that the woman is the doting type because she caresses Emma's cheek with genuine concern. She fights the urge to pull out of the affectionate embrace and continues with her plan.[break][break]

"I think I lost my keys in my hotel room - your room, actually. I saw that you've just checked in. I tried to explain to the lady at the front desk but she was just so rude and told me that I was just out of luck! How rude, right?"[break][break]

She huffs, holding back another series of tears and distress. The man appears skeptical but his wife is the voice of reason Emma is looking for. She insists that they let her into their room for a quick peek because it seems that she, too, had gotten an impolite vibe from the check-in receptionist and therefore had no issue trusting her. The plan was working.[break][break]

Under the assumption that Oscar was in position but discreetly placed and unassuming when they arrived, it would be coincidence that he was on the right floor. [break][break]

After a few minutes of faked searching and tears, as well as hushed reminders that they were going to be late for their anniversary dinner, Emma subtlety drops her keys behind the hotel dresser and retrieves them with a relieved gasp.[break][break]

"Oh thank you, thank you, Ma'am! I can't express how relieved I am, you're so sweet!"[break][break]

Emma is then pulled into a very warm and very tight hug that smells a little too strongly of expensive hotel wine before a wet kiss is planted on her cheek and the couple make their way back downstairs and out the door for their dinner date. Emma eventually ducks around a corner to discreetly relay a message.[break][break]

"Room 416, be quick."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: gardevoir season

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON May 19, 2020 4:19:22 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
They were coming? Oscar indeed sat up, his anxiety at a peak. It was out of his hands now. His worry consumed him quickly, every minute that passed was agony. He wanted to check in, but knew if he pestered Ms. Wolfe he’d be a dead man after the mission. And yet he couldn’t shake his fear that the entire plan was about to topple. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust Ms. Wolfe’s abilities, she got where she is for a reason, yet anything could happen. She will scare them instead of getting the number, or they’ll dismiss her as she approaches. Oh no what if they recognize her as Team Rocket!? Then she’ll squeal on him and he’ll for sure get away but he’ll have to move again. To like Johto or something, or fuck anywhere but Johto!

“Room 416, be quick.”

He smiled with relief. “Thank you ma’me, on my way.” Yep that’s Ms. Wolfe, always reliable. Never doubted her for a second. Oscar grabbed the tool bag that sat at his feet and stormed out of the breakroom. He hurried through the service floor with such purpose in his stride that no one dared to stand in his way. He made it to the other end of the floor and hastily boarded the service elevator. He pressed the 4th floor button with such confidence he swore it quivered under his mighty thumb. This was it, he felt ready to take on the world as the elevator doors opened to reveal A COP OH FUCK!

Nope, nope just a maid. She looked at Oscar quizzingly as he threw his hands up in surrender, but he quickly realized his error and composed himself. He gave her an awkward nod as he maneuvered past her and trotted down the hall. He followed the room numbers all the way down, he had to turn a few corners but eventually he reached 418...417...aaaand 416. His palms began to sweat within his gloves. He fumbled for the keys inside of his pocket and fumbled even harder for the master room key. He looked down each end of the hall, all was clear. He took a deep breath, unlocked the door, and strode in.

He closed the door quietly behind him. “Maintenace!” He called out, as if checking to make sure the room was empty. He coyly put a hand to his ear as he listened. No one answered. The rogue chuckled to himself and bolt locked the door, as not to be interrupted. He casually made his way to the room safe, his confidence sickeningly inflated now that the pieces had come together. He pressed his earpiece. “I’m in, make sure they aren’t coming back for anything and meet me at the rendezvous point.” The safe was in the right nightstand, in a compartment you could open by flicking a switch on the side. He opened said compartment with ease, but now came the challenge. The safes employed by the Lilycove hotel weren’t exactly top of the line, but they were tricky to crack nonetheless. Oscar unzipped his bag and pulled out a stethoscope. He pressed his earpiece once more, “Going deaf while I crack the case, I will inform you when I’m done.” He took his earpiece out and equipped the stethoscope, and began the tedious task of cracking the safe.

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON May 19, 2020 19:31:54 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

As soon as the couple leave and wave their farewell, her part of the job is over. She ultimately leaves the lobby to maintain her cover - she has no other obligation to stay anymore. [break][break]

People pass her by on the street as she idly taps her foot. Oscar's voice comes over the earpiece and she blinks, eyes glancing up to the window that she suspected room 416 might be. But she doesn't appear the least bit concerned, their plan is going smooth and he has around an hour and a half to get what they needed and get out.[break][break]

Of course, that was assuming he was able to get into the safe and, if he didn't, knew to just get out of there rather than stay and get himself caught. She had no intention of leaving him behind and likely wouldn't - she was loyal, to some degree.[break][break]

His voice lingers in her head a moment longer before the line cuts out and he gets to work. [break][break]

In the meantime, Emma discreetly passes the restaurant to find the Waldos settled in and enjoying their dinner. Their laughing, smiling faces indicate no intention of them coming back anytime soon. In fact, Oscar might even have longer, she was pretty sure she might have seen movie tickets in the husband's wallet.[break][break]

Satisfied, Emma makes her way to the rendezvous point.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 2:47:11 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar pressed his hands to his temples and gave them a slow, anguished rub. This was going soooo sloooow. It was like mowing grass by picking every individual blade by hand. The thief gave his neck a small crack and sighed. “Relax Oscar, you’ve got plenty of time. Just take it nice and easy, you’ll be sipping wine in your tub in no time.” He pulled out a silver cigarette case and popped it open to reveal a set of wrapped lollipops. He unwrapped one, stuck the wrapper in his pocket and popped in the sucker. Mmm, relaxing blueberry. He proceeded.

About forty minutes of spinning that dial back and forth later, he finally began to get somewhere. Twist turn, click, twist turn, click, turn twist...click.

Bingo.

The safe's lock disengaged, and Oscar flung it open with a satisfied sigh and looked upon his prize. Six pokeballs. Six. Oh dear. Oscar’s smile warped; how could he have expected the guy to only have one pokemon? Which one was damn Gardevoir? He could check them all. He checked his watch. He was a hair overtime, he had to bail now or he’ll be in hot water. Oscar groaned and leered at the set. “Whatever, maybe I’ll get a bonus.” He grabbed all six and stuffed them in his bag. He packed in his stethoscope and got up, not bothering to reseal his bag to save time. Walking toward the door he replaced his earpiece, “All wrapped up, heading to you with the prize and then some.” He casually exited the room and turned to leave, only to run into a pedestrian. And that’s when everything went wrong.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 3:55:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","text-area"]
"C’mon Espeon, up." The pink-shaded Pokémon effortlessly jumped from the bed and onto Aurora’s shoulders. She cradled around her neck like one of those expensive airplane pillows, except Espeon didn’t flatten after resting against her body for five seconds or cause neck pain.
[break][break]
The twosome were about to delve into the Lilycove City life and Aurora was prepping before her descent into unknown territory. She had only arrived at the hotel this morning, then rested, ate, napped, ate again and finally just before nightfall, decided it was time to explore. Route 124 proved strenuous to pass through and bypassed an opportunity to get an early start in the city in exchange for a lumpy bed and flat pillows.
[break][break]
Aurora set down her backpack on the bed and removed a large map and marker. She traced a star next to Lilycove, ignoring the rows of crooked, diagonal, and awkward lines and drawings written in black marker all across the entire map of Hoenn; the map appeared almost completely rewritten with marked paths leading to nowhere. It didn’t matter that passersby who witnessed the destruction of the maps territories may think she was blind (or believe that she may have stolen this map from a blind person), because in the end, she got where she needed to go. Her horrible lack of direction be damned – she was an adventurer.
[break][break]
Despite the fact that she initially turned the map 30 degrees left and right, she shrugged and smiled at Espeon. "Well, we can figure it out right? Maybe someone can even help us.” She nodded several times very matter-of-factly as she threw her backpack over shoulders, carefully placing the straps underneath the resting cat. Keeping the map partially folded up in her palm, Aurora walked towards her door and left her room, checking that it was locked before walking down the hallway.
[break][break]
Upon Aurora’s exit, she scrambled to catch her fall on the door handle, as she narrowly walked into someone.
[break][break]
"Oh gosh, I’m so sorry. I should look where I’m going,” she spoke immediately, standing up straight and checking on Espeon who had dug her claws into Aurora’s shirt. The man stood tall in his white jumpsuit and appeared to be a janitor or maintenance worker in the hotel. He must’ve been a local…
[break][break]
"Ah, um, I know we haven’t met under ideal terms, but I was wondering if you could assist me with something. You’re from the area, aren’t you?” As Aurora spoke, she re-opened the large Hoenn map and moved to stand next to the white-haired man. She spread the map out wide, as it covered their entire torsos and head completely, holding it only a foot away from their faces as she pointed at their location.
[break][break]
"You see, we’re here…” her finger directed his attention at a small dot on the map that marked the Lilycove Hotel. "I would like to visit the Museum here, but is that on the left and up the road or right and down the road? I can’t tell…” Aurora stood very close to the man, pressing against his bag and felt the gentle rolling of balls inside. She looked slightly down at the open bag and raised an eyebrow before returning her attention to the map and the man. … Also, do you think it’s closed? It’s pretty late now… Do you know what’s open around this time?”
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"][break]oscar clayton[break]emma wolfe

[googlefont=Fira Sans:400,500,600,700]
[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(110%) contrast(110%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area]grid-area: text; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #29af89; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #29af89; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #29af89; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 17:53:19 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar shivered as the world's most intrusive bystander blocked his path. He dismissed her original apology and tried to step past, "It's fine just watch where you're-" She stopped him to ask a question. Something from being from the city? It was hard to tell, he couldn't understand her very well with his heart beating within his ears. Oscar tried to play it cool as he moved to side step her, "I mean I suppose-

She opened a map, once again blocking his escape. Oscar began to sweat, he was on an immense time crunch and this pedestrian holding a map in front of his face was only heightening his anxiety. And she was so close too, hadn't she ever heard of personal space? His grip tightened on his bag, just at the moment she brushed against it. Oscar's eyes opened wide as she paused. He was starting to panic, but he knew that if he freaked out now he'd be caught.

Oscar groaned, "L-look lady I don't know, why don't you talk to the concierge or something. I got shit to do!" He once again tried to move around her.

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 18:37:13 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

The clock ticks and Emma watches as the time draws closer and closer to doom. Her eyes flit back and forth between the front door of the hotel and the street. She's waiting for Oscar to arrive or for the couple to return. It's with baited breath that she eventually taps her device. She's growing impatient - but she isn't willing to abandon her partner.[break][break]

"What is taking so long?"[break][break]

But there's no response from the man because he's otherwise preoccupied. She's left in the dark, it seems. How infuriating.[break][break]

She checks the time again before looking up to the windows again. The room appears dark and she narrows her eyes.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 4:13:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

"L-look lady I don't know, why don't you talk to the concierge or something. I got shit to do!"
[break][break]
The white-haired man radiated heat like a furnace. His intense energy and overtly watchful gaze left Aurora in a distant memory, one where a figure often overshadowed her and belittled the blonde into obscurity. It was more like a nightmare. She endured similar expressions from her mother throughout her childhood, who often warned and yelled at her for nonsensical reasons. Most instances occurred when Aurora played too close to the equipment she used for work, Pokémon she’d captured or for simple reasons, like if she tried to talk to her.
[break][break]
Aurora’s heart rate increased at the thought of reliving those moments again with this man. The tension that circulated around Aurora and him heightened, while on her shoulders, the tingling of Espeon’s body and her digging claws confirmed her suspicions.
[break][break]
There was something wrong, although she didn’t know what.
[break][break]
"I – I apologize… I didn’t mean to take up so much of your time. I should have been more considerate." Aurora spoke in a soft tone, glancing slightly downward at the floor as she folded the map into its’ original small and rectangular frame, although her eyes attempted to discreetly gander into the bag he grasped so protectively to his body. Aurora swore that the majority of what she felt were balls… Pokeballs, of course, but why…
[break][break]
The indent of the bag that he clutched showed nothing else inside – no tools, cleaning supplies… yet he was dressed as a nine to five blue collar worker for the hotel. She took a step in front of him again, reclaiming her original place from their first run-in. He needed to stay here for a few moments longer.
[break][break]
"I’ll have to talk to the hotel staff about how hard they’re working you. I mean, you’re sweating so much - you look almost sick. Have you had a day off recently?” With a façade of genuine worry, Aurora’s ploy of compassion could grant her the ending to this strange scene she happened to walk into.
[break][break]
”Perhaps I can walk downstairs with you and buy you a bottle of water, as an apology? I can explain to your boss how I’ve held you up, so that you don’t get in trouble," she offered a tender smile as her hand reached up to pet Espeon, who’s bold, blackened eyes stared at him. If there was nothing wrong, then there was no reason not to follow her to the lobby and accept her small token. If not… well, she didn’t know.
[break][break]
”What do you say? Can I do that for you?"
[break][break]

[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(110%) contrast(110%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #29af89; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #29af89; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #29af89; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 5:21:51 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
She stepped back in front of him. Oscar's eyes somehow widened further, so wide he could no longer blink. She was still so close, it was claustrophobic. She was talking about escorting him to the lobby to talk to his boss, she knew something was up she had to. She was calling his bluff. And that Espeon. It stared into his soul. Could it sense his intentions? Oscar shivered. There were a thousand ways to resolve this peacefully and without blowing his cover, but he could not think of a single one. Maybe it was the pressure of this being his first mission, or the anxiety of being so close and yet so vulnerable. He would not fail here, he would never live it down. He couldn't stand the thought of being a no-name burglar for the rest of his life! And the idea of going to jail? After all he's been through? Unfathomable. He snapped.

He moved to step aside once more, but this time he very suddenly pushed forward. He shot his elbow outward and dug it into the woman to deliberately shove her out of the way before breaking into a full sprint. As he ran forward as fast as his spindly legs could carry him, he pulled a deflated pokeball out of his back pocket. He enlarged it and opened it as he turned a corner in the hall. Out came Eda the Seviper, who looked around puzzled. Oscar shouted behind his shoulder, “Keep the bitch off my back!” Eda nodded and lunged to engage its target. Oscar kept up his pace until he reached the emergency stairwell tucked away at the end of the hall. He did not hesitate to run through.

He hurried down the stairs, hoping seviper was enough to slow the girl down. Or that she wouldn’t bother chasing him at all. As he reached the second floor, he heard a door above him open and slam close. He did not look to see if it was her, he was too focused on escaping. He finally managed to burst through the lobby and charged toward the hotel entrance. There were some unfortunate bystanders in the way who were bulldozed to the floor as he sped by. He slammed into the door so hard his shoulder bruised as it opened. He ran from the hotel, his lungs starting to scream in pain? Was she chasing him? Was anyone chasing him? Did they get his face on camera? Oh all the ways he was fucked!

He ran all the way to the rendezvous point, which wasn’t very far but it felt like miles. He spotted Ms. Wolfe and began waving his arms in a panic. He sprinted all the way to her before collapsing to his hands and knees at her side, only now looking back to see if he was followed.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON May 23, 2020 23:27:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Panic seeped in and she could read in his enlarged eyes that his mind was racing. Aurora noted how his eyes shifted between her and Espeon, as if in thoughts he was planning or thinking through something intensely.
[break][break]
Then, like a bullet, the man shot forward and forced Aurora aside, his elbow digging into her chest as he ran past her. Aurora hit the door behind her, with Espeon hissing as she withstood the brunt of the impact. The shock flooded Aurora’s mind as it took her a moment to understand what happened. Her head turned quickly to watch him running down the hall. She observed him removing a Pokeball from his back pocket when she then realized…
[break][break]
”You… You stole those Pokémon…” she murmured to herself, as she recalled the bag of Pokeballs and his own that bulged in his back pockets. Aurora’s eyes narrowed and she lurched into the hallway, catching her balance as she took off in a sprint.
[break][break]
The Seviper that launched from the Pokeball lunged towards Aurora but stopped as a light of blue aura surrounded its visage, causing it to float in midair as Aurora passed it. Espeon leaped from Aurora’s shoulders and stood before the Seviper, who hissed before slithering towards them. Aurora stopped, a worried look plastered on her face while pivoting back to the pink cat and asking, ”Espeon – you got this?” She let out an encouraging cry before leaping towards the black snake. Aurora nodded and hesitantly took off again towards the stairwell.
[break][break]
The door burst open as Aurora darted down the stairs. Lower in the stairwell were rushed footsteps and she knew the white-haired man was not far ahead. Her heartbeat pulsated with every step, every grasp of the railing and with each breath she exhaled, like a sonar of emotions vibrating through her body. This… was not like her. She didn’t chase after thieves, she didn’t leave her best friend behind to fight alone and she certainly didn’t workout enough. But it was as if her legs carried her through each motion. Time seemed to move slower with the adrenaline pulsing through her veins. Regardless of what she didn’t do, there was a voice telling her that she needed to do this.
[break][break]
With the grasp of each railing and a 180 degree turn down the next staircase, Aurora forced her way through the humming lobby crowd, where most of the patrons stood stunned. Several guests were picking themselves from the floor, while stares all pointed to the front entrance as the murmur of the white-haired man passed among the sea of people. Aurora’s feet took flight once more toward and outside the hotel entrance. Her head turned in all directions, until his vibrant beacon of hair stood out amongst the other citizens. It also helped that he still appeared to be running for his life.
[break][break]
Aurora broke out into a sprint once more, following him several blocks until he’d fallen to the ground in front of a young, beautiful looking woman. Aurora also slowed down, coming up a few feet behind him as she caught her breath. Standing up straight and glaring down at him, Aurora’s eyes aimed for the bag. She held out her hand.
[break][break]
”You… Just give them back. Don’t do this to them… And don’t do this to yourself.”

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON May 27, 2020 23:18:36 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

Emma looks up from her phone, acting the part of a self-absorbed bystander, just as a commotion and calamity rapidly approach her. She very slowly and dramatically closes her eyes to suck in a deep, controlled breath when she realizes what's happening. [break][break]

Before she knows it there's a man on his hands and knees next to her and a young woman approaching her. She stops to catch her breath before gasping a request. It's not particularly full of backbone. In fact, it almost sounds like she's begging. Emma frowns.[break][break]

In a hissed undertone, Emma addresses Oscar without breaking composure.[break][break]

"How... the fuck... did you mess this up."[break][break]

However, as she approaches Aurora she reaches out with warm hands to help the girl back up to her full height. She peers into her face with a concerned expression, feigning worry.[break][break]

"Are you alright, love? You look like you've seen a ghost!"[break][break]

She's working her charm, praying that Oscar is quick enough to play along with her scenario.[break][break]

"Mon amour, did you manage to get my babies back? I apologize for putting you in that situation, my love. I would have done it myself, you know, but.. well..."[break][break]

Emma begins to shed tears as she turns to face Oscar.[break][break]

"They insulted my accent and you know how I get about that!"[break][break]

As she feigns more and more anger her hysteria makes her nearly impossible to make out. She slurs her words together rapidly as she tries to explain that she had returned her hotel key to check out, but had forgotten her pokeballs in the room. And, because of her hysteria and thick French accent, they had grown agitated and insulting and didn't believe her or understand what it was she had been asking for.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON May 29, 2020 23:28:40 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
How the fuck DID he mess this up?

Ms. Wolfe’s words were like daggers, each syllable another slash into the corpse that was his career. He clenched his fists into the ground, it was all he could do to keep himself from shaking. It was all so overwhelming, how was he going to show his face to any of the other grunts once this got out? That is, if he isn’t fired outright.

He looked up as Ms. Wolfe tried to excuse his behavior. She created some sort of scenario where Oscar was simply retrieving her pokemon after she left them in her room. Something like that, she was using a very heavy accent so it was somewhat hard to tell. He got the gist though, and as Ms. Wolfe turned to him to respond he scrambled to push away his anxiety.

O-of course ma’me, so sorry for the delay. They were in your duffel bag just like you said, along with some of your medical tools.” Oscar rose to his feet and handed Ms. Wolfe the bag. He turned to the girl and put on a face of embarrassment, mostly genuine since he was unquestionably embarrassed. “I’m sorry for reacting the way I did, I let my anxiety get the best of me. If word got out I was getting into that room without permission I would have lost my job. But I couldn’t let this woman be shunned by the hotel, never to see her pokemon again. It just wasn’t fair. I really do feel ashamed though, let me make it up to ya. I'll cover the cost of your stay, I insist!

He turned back to Ms. Wolfe, “Well Doctor if that’s all I believe this is where we part ways. Maybe next time you’re in town you can repay me with a movie huh?” Oscar was trying to imply that he wanted to meet Ms. Wolfe at the Lilycove cinema, though whether or not that was clear remained to be seen.
He chuckled bashfully to cap off his ruse, hoping that it was enough to discourage the girl from further action. Yet, he felt like he was forgetting something very important.

And then there was the matter of Eda the Seviper, who had just narrowly escaped an immensely one-sided battle with the most vicious Espeon he had ever seen. As he crawled through the vents of the hotel, battered and bruised, he growled quietly. His master owed him 1,000 treats for this by golly.

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 21:22:00 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

Ultimately, it seems as though her charms are effective in disparaging the woman from causing a further fuss. Her thick Kalosian accent does it's work to overwhelm and drown out other thought. By the end of it, she's breathless and thankful, and the girl is sent on her way.[break][break]

Meanwhile, Oscar has made a convincing analogy indicating that she meet him at the cinema, to which she bashfully agrees and takes the stolen pokeballs from him.[break][break]

With the bystander out of the way, Emma makes her way to the cinema without trouble and would ultimately rip into Oscar later about how poorly he handled the situation, among other things.[break][break]

Job well done, Team Rocket.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Hotel Heist [Mission]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 22:37:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 100 pokedollars, 10 infamy, 1x sparkling dust. (bonus)
[break]