Grocery Run [M]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Grocery Run [M]
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 6:52:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The job was simple; appropriate a truck full of supplies that was heading to Slateport from Mauville. The organization was in need of materials in order for their little home makeover project to be completed so everyone was doing their part to chip in which included this merry band of thieves.

Unlike a lot of jobs given to him by the powers that be this one was more of a group effort. There was a mix of grunts and worker bees from the R&D department working on this job in particular. It’d be the job of the likes of Samuel and to do all the dirty work, make sure the R&D nerds make it out safely.

They were here to make sure the equipment was what they needed and made the transit safely. The truck they’d be pilfering had to get through route 110 to get into Slateport but before that it’d be stopping at a weigh station.

Unfortunately for the truck that’s where this group of rockets was currently waiting for it, all of them disguised as employees. Speaking of disguises, Samuel was business messing with the tie on his not exactly liking how tight it was. He’d fiddle with it for a bit longer before giving up and flinging it lazily off to the side.

”Been on a job like this before?” He’d ask Dominic, adjusting the hat that came with the disguise as he did so. They had some time to kill before the truck showed up so why not have some small talk?

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
Grocery Run [M]
POSTED ON May 25, 2020 18:16:22 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 a small pile of cigarette ash was accumulating at dominic's feet. he flicks yet another one to the ground to extinguish it with his heel, but he's courteous enough to turn away from samuel when he exhales smoke.

"a couple, it's different every time though," he said, stifling a yawn.

"in kanto we'd, y'know," dominic punctuated his speech with a shrug. "put up roadblocks, ambush the truck, toss out the drivers, rough 'em up a little."

he spoke of the violence in a lazy, laconic tone, as he scanned the road for the vehicle. his gaze lingered on a few members of the r&d and they looked away. the distaste was mutual - he kept glaring through narrowed eyes for a long while.

"what about you? you're a hoenn guy, aren't ya? was probably nice and quiet before we came in."

@samuel

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Grocery Run [M]
POSTED ON May 31, 2020 18:39:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”That’s definitely a more fun way of doing it.”

Samuel responded, pulling out a pokeball from his pocket. While he found that going with a more delicate approach normally ended up having better results in the long run a direct one would be welcomed in this case, standing around and waiting was extremely boring.

He checked his watch, the truck would be arriving soon so he went over the plan in his head again as he released the Pokémon that was inside the capsule he held.

”Yeah but business wasn’t as lucrative then.” And honestly the man was out of region for so long that if rocket hadn’t showed up who knows if he would’ve came back.

The Pokémon he released was his Dusclops and almost as fast as the Pokémon appeared it disappeared, hiding via Samuel’s instructions until it was called later. The duo’s attention would be called to the road as the truck approached.

”It’s Showtime. Let me do the talking, can you go with the others to make sure the cargo’s good? Give me a signal when they have the okay?” The blonde would adjust “his” uniform one last time before going to approach the truck. One of the truckers poked their head out, asking the approaching Samuel what was going on.

”We’re having some issues with the equipment so we’ll have to do things a bit differently!” Samuel replied as he reached the truck.

”Some fancy tech from those techno wizards down in Mossdeep. It probably shouldn’t take long though.” He’d watch the fellow rocket members as they did their work.

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
Grocery Run [M]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2020 19:59:27 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 it is probably for the best that samuel does the talking. dominic evaluates the man for a few seconds. actually - it is definitely for the best. dominic isn't delusional, he knows that his demeanour and wording of even basic requests can come off as a threat or order more of then than not.

"i'll make sure they're quick about it." the longer they spend on this, the more chances there is for someone to fuck something up, causing the entire operation to unravel.

dominic gives samuel a nod as he breaks away to essentially usher the small group of disguised science-engineer types to the back of the vehicle like a shepherd with a group of mareep.

he doesn't exactly understand the minutiae of the equipment they are dealing with, so when he swings the doors of the truck open, dominic mainly stands back to let the others work, alert and watching. as the grunts swap out equipment with boxes (laden with rocks so as to mimic the weight), dominic cranes his neck to watch the scientists pry the boxes open, shining lights and murmuring to one another.

dominic takes a step forward and clears his throat when he thinks they're taking too long, just to spur a little more action out of them. after all, there is more than one truck coming through this evening, and they'd have to stash these boxes and containers before the next one arrives.

looking back, it seems samuel is doing a good job of stalling, and his little group finishes speedily. dominic steps around the side of the truck and into samuel's line of sight. forgoing obvious gestures that would otherwise draw attention to him, dominic makes eye contact with his colleague and inclines his head slightly.

one truck down.

@samuel

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Grocery Run [M]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2020 16:56:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”And you won’t believe what this guy says next! He tells me that the Machamp is his wife!”

The group shares a good laugh as Samuel conclude his story, in the midst of it he looked over towards the back of the truck to see if his associates were done with their work. Now Sam didn’t have the best understanding of what the scientists were doing exactly but it wouldn’t take that long right? At least he hoped not, entertaining these guys was only going to work for so long. They’d definitely get suspicious after a while of stalling.

Fortunately for him, Dominic came into view and gave him the signal that they were done. ”Alright! Looks like they’re done! You take it easy now alright?” Samuel would hop down from the truck, waving to the drivers as they took off.

”Well that was easy enough, huh?” He said as he approached Dominic, stretching his arms. ”You had mentioned Kanto, right? So you have been a part of the organization for a while then, damn.” Being a part of this group of misfits for that long? Samuel couldn’t imagine him doing something like that, not with this sort of pay.

”How’s someone with your experience doing grunt work like this? Can’t imagine rocket’s stingy with promoting people, doesn’t seem like the sort of organization that has high standards.” Given some of the people he’s heard about Rocket would give a Mankey a fancy title if it asked enough times.

While Sam asked his question the other rocket members busied themselves with packing their newly acquired supplies into their own truck, which still had plenty of room for the next supply truck that would be coming.

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
Grocery Run [M]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 20:26:08 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 Dominic rejoins Samuel, carrying a heavy-looking crate in his arms. He dumps it in the back of one of their trucks unceremoniously and ignores the exclamation from one of their engineers. It’ll be fine, steel is sturdy.

At Samuel’s question he spins around, eyes widening for a moment. Dominic gives a bark of laughter and leaps into the truck in a fluid motion, busying himself with stacking the boxes for a few seconds before responding.

"I was underboss for a number of years below Silas," he says eventually, gaze flickering back up to Samuel, studying his features closely in the gloom to try to gauge his reaction.

"And then we got rid of him." He shrugs as if it’s nothing even worth noting, just another mundane power-shift within Rocket.

"You looking to get promoted? Just ask, I hear that’s all it takes at this point," Dominic says, shooting Samuel a toothy grin. Headlights bobbing in the distance catch his attention and he curses as he slips from the back of the truck and slams the doors shut.

"Next one, then?"

@samuel

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Grocery Run [M]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 16:19:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
An underboss?! Samuel was expecting some sort of excuse along the lines of him either not wanting to rise up the ranks or the people above never really taking note of him but this?

He figured the man had a storied past but this was not what Sam had in mind. And to add on to that he was behind the coup that took down the last Rocket boss.

Samuel wasn’t sure if he should keep his distance from Dominic or go buy him a drink for taking down Blackwell. Shifts in power were never all that uncommon in organizations like this but to find one responsible for it in a spot like this was.

Samuel was taken out of thought when Dominic asked if the blonde was in search of a promotion in which it was Samuel’s turn to not be able to contain his laughter.

”It really does seem like that nowadays!” Seriously, some of the people in power within this group did not deserve the positions they were given.

”But hell no I’m not! Rocket’s only a paycheck for me, anything more and I might go insane. No way in hell do I want spend more time with these glue eaters Rocket’s made up of.” Just the thought of it made him shiver.

”Same plan as before.” Samuel nodded. Once the truck pulled in Sam went to work, giving them the same song and dance as the last one and working as a distraction for Dom and the rest of the grunts.

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
Grocery Run [M]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 0:35:31 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 samuel’s comments about the make-up of rocket’s member-base elicit another peal of laughter. not only are new recruits of a questionable caliber, but the organisation had bled any ideological meaning to him because they’re a loose association at best. and money itself has lost its appeal - dominic has more cash than he ever thought possible and the only change in his lifestyle has been that he buys a different brand of cigarettes now.

"smart choice. money isn’t even good," he comments with a grin as he passes by to return to the place where he was positioned previously. dominic gestures to a handful of the grunts and engineers and they rush to follow him, like shadows merging together into a whole.

it’s practiced now; they’ll be more efficient with removal this time, and hopefully samuel won’t have to entertain the driver for too long.

@samuel

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Grocery Run [M]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 6:05:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Thinking about rising in the ranks of Rocket even further made Sam shiver. If the group was in a state where they were asking him of all people to take a job in upper management it was definitely time to jump boat, given he hadn’t already.

This was certainly not a permanent gig, not even a long term one so any excuse to leave would be taken.

”Even more of a reason not to.” Sam said, replying to Dominic’s comment about the money. That wasn’t really much of a surprise either though he did wonder where Rocket got the money for some the stunts that they pull.

Well he wouldn’t have much time to think about it as he needed to get into position for their final act. It’d be the same as last time so it’d be easy work for them as long as Sam kept the drivers distracted.

Honestly, he was a bit tired of it but when the truck pulled up he put on his game face and put on a show. Now it was up to Dominic and the others to wrap this one up so they could go home.

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
Grocery Run [M]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 1:22:57 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 "dropping underboss was the best professional decision i've ever made," dominic says quietly over his shoulder as he turns to leave and join the others at the back of the next truck.

"empty fucking title."

his mouth twists to a sneer and he doesn’t even try to hide it. if that isn’t emblematic of the organisation at large, then he doesn’t know what is. dominic grapples with the thought as he stacks the crates from the back of the next truck.

maybe he’s older now (he can feel the strain in his shoulders and down his spine), or maybe it’s some other invisible, intangible shift, but when he looks around him he sees a farce. as dominic helps a teenage grunt hoist the next container up, he thinks about the kids that bought their way into leadership.

this is just so fucking sad.

@samuel

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Grocery Run [M]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 1:37:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1 free steel-type move.
[break]