mad grit [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mad grit [m]
POSTED ON May 28, 2020 4:13:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Perhaps it had occurred to him a little bit too late that when they'd informed him of a snake in the desert that they had meant desert, not dessert. Of course, his first clue probably should have been the fact that his shoes were full of sand and he'd worn way too many layers. [break][break]

Matthew tugs at the collar of his turtle-neck sweater with a look of exasperation. Several yards behind him, a sun-exhausted Ludicolo drags his feet. He looked almost about to shrivel up. [break][break]

Only a little bit earlier, the ranger had begged for Romeo to bring them rain - anything could be better than this heat. Unfortunately it had only served to make things worse. Have you ever felt like you were drowning in sweat and air?[break][break]

For the hundredth time this afternoon, Matt drags his tongue across dried and cracking lips. Sometimes he could kick himself for not coming better prepared. How did women do it? Always have exactly what they needed when they needed it? [break][break]

"Romeo, my man, please tell me you've seen something other than my own shadow in the last fifteen minutes. I'm desperate."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

dre
she/her
december 4th
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
medical examiner
cadet
death is such
a flirt.
11 height
11 height
she's the giggle at a funeral
awards
101 posts
drea oddmund DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @drea
drea oddmund
mad grit [m]
POSTED ON May 29, 2020 2:48:23 GMT
drea oddmund Avatar
[attr="class","dreapost"]
[attr="class","dreaicon"]
[attr="class","dreap b"]
[attr="class","dreap i"]okay, heat and eyepatches do not, under any circumstances, mix. she's uncomfortable with the fabric against her eye socket, the way sweat seems to seep between the spaces and cling to her skin. it's almost suffocating in a way she despises. stupid thing. she's contemplating discarding it but the glass eye reflects the direct sunlight in a way that makes her skin absolutely crawl.

in the end, she suffers through. it could be worse. in fact, she could be that guy.

her eye sweeps toward a man and his ludicolo struggling through the sand. oh god, is that a turtle-neck? is he trying to die of heat stroke? she's openly staring by now, mouth slightly gaping at the sight. behind her, a haxorus grumbles irritably, tail sweeping through the sand enough to stir the loose grains into the air.

"are," a pause to collect herself, to school her composure into not scolding this man with the firm tone of a parent. "are you okay?" is settled upon because really, it's better than asking if he's stupid or dense. kinder in a way she normally isn't, perhaps. sand stirs beneath the movement of her feet, legs shuffling closer.

somehow, she's thankful she had half a mind to dress lighter today. sure, the yellow sundress is a little outside of her realm of style but it's pleasant and light in the heat. "what are you even doing out here?" her eye roams him for a moment. up, down, and then back up. and then, before she can even stop herself, she's raising an eyebrow as arms fold and settle across her chest. "wearing a sweater of all things." a snort escapes and she's almost smirking. "are you trying to end up in a morgue?"

[attr="class","dreatag"]@matthew
[attr="class","dreapoke"]

[newclass=.dreapost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dreaicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dreap b] color:#F2867A; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dreap i] color:#F2867A; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dreatag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dreapoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mad grit [m]
POSTED ON May 29, 2020 21:38:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

For the umpteenth time that afternoon, Matthew peeled the eyepatch off his eye to wipe the sweat building up underneath it away. It does nothing to aid him, however, and instead continues to help suction-cup the patch to his face. With an exasperated sigh, Matt tugs at his shirt collar again, practically gasping for air.[break][break]

That is, until he hears someone approach from behind that he knows isn't Romeo. The poor creature has been dragging his heels for almost an hour, there was no way he'd found the burst of energy to catch up so quickly. Matthew forces himself to compose himself, standing up straighter and feigning indifference despite the sweat beading on his brow and the pained look in his smile.[break][break]

"Of course, why wouldn't I be? It's only a thousand degrees and snakes are very elusive creatures with no respect for authority."[break][break]

Too much, he'd said too much.[break][break]

The man clears his throat awkwardly and tugs his neck collar again. At this point it's been stretched almost beyond repair. He drops his hand awkwardly, wiping his sweaty palm on his pants. [break][break]

And then he realizes that she's stifling her amusement for his sake. He swallows, avoiding lingering on the pretty yellow sundress she's dressed in order to properly respond. Instead, he clears his throat and forces another smile.[break][break]

"I'm on duty. I just.. misunderstood the... situation."[break][break]

He glances down at himself briefly in his casual-formal clothing. Apparently being hungover at a work meeting early in the morning wasn't his best course of action. He'd come in late and left early - having only caught the tail end of the mission details, he had assumed that a snake problem in the desert had meant...[break][break]

Honestly, he hadn't been listening at all. He'd just followed the location ping on his phone and pretended like everything was fine. It wasn't fine. He was suffocating in his hoity-toity turtleneck. Why had he even bought this thing?[break][break]

"It's... in style," he sighs, unsure how to defend himself when she's standing there with her arms crossed over her chest and that assuming smirk on her face. Well, it's almost a smirk, but it basically turns into a real smirk when she snorts her attempt at a joke.[break][break]

"Maybe I am, depends who's asking."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

dre
she/her
december 4th
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
medical examiner
cadet
death is such
a flirt.
11 height
11 height
awards
101 posts
drea oddmund DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @drea
drea oddmund
mad grit [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2020 18:45:03 GMT
drea oddmund Avatar
[attr="class","dreapost"]
[attr="class","dreaicon"]
[attr="class","dreap b"]
[attr="class","dreap i"]there's an incredulous look gracing her features, the woman almost torn between outright laughing at him or prying further. of course, she'll settle upon both with a grin on her lips but that's neither here nor there. "okaay," she starts with a slight drawl, eyebrow pulling further up as if it wants to become lost in damp tangles of bangs. "maybe if you didn't bundle up for the sand, you wouldn't think it's a thousand degrees?" although, as another drop of sweat rolls down her cheek, she's in agreement for once. it's hot, too hot for snark perhaps and she's attempting to bite her tongue.

it fails, sure, but she tries. that counts for something, right?

"you're looking for a snake?" she questions and the curious leer is telltale enough. her interest is piqued. sand shifts beneath her sandals, grains easily diving between her toes. a light snicker escapes and she's leaning to stare up at him, ignoring the way their eyepatches almost match. "your complaining might be scaring away this elusive snake." doubtful but she's amused by the thought.

between the too-stretched collar and the throat clearing, she's momentarily distracted. her eye dips slightly to follow the movement of a hand only to flutter back up to a smile. misunderstood the situation, hm? her mouth parts and close to a dozen different choice words rise to the occasion. she can't decide between poking fun and questioning what exactly he thought this was. both? both sounds good. "how do you misunderstand finding a snake?" her head tilts toward the side as if the concept is weighing one side of her mind down. another laugh follows, perhaps too amused to be considered light, and she's grinning like a cat. "did you expect snakes to live somewhere cold?" with the turtleneck catching her eye again, that is definitely a possibility.

any attempts to restrain herself came crumbling into ruins, her shoulders trembling slightly once laugh after laugh bubbles out of her throat. a turtleneck, in style, in the desert? oh god, he can't be serious, right? one look at him and she knows he is halfway between slightly humiliated and genuine. it only makes her laugh harder. "you'd be better off wearing nothing if style's what you're concerned about," the words are punctuated by stifled giggles, a feeble attempt to compose herself.

the smirk solidifies further onto her lips with something akin to a satisfied lion. one hand plants itself onto a hip bone and she's not quite preening but almost enough to be considered prideful. "the one who would have to crack open your chest," she retorts. cut open his in style turtleneck and then his skin, crack open the ribs and dive in. mmm yeah, no, she'd prefer to not have to be on the receiving end of his morgue visit. best to not ruin such a stylish shirt with her scissors.

[attr="class","dreatag"]@matthew
[attr="class","dreapoke"]

[newclass=.dreapost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dreaicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dreap b] color:#F2867A; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dreap i] color:#F2867A; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dreatag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dreapoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mad grit [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 19:10:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

His brows furrow together at her smile, her laughter, her giddy expression. She's making fun of him even if she isn't outright saying it.[break][break]

Oh wait, she is, it just took her a minute to come up with pestering questions. He sighs, scratching the back of his neck and walking away from the situation, scuffing his feet in the sand and working hard to not respond with the frustration he can feel bubbling at his surface. All of her questions were valid. He really was the idiot out here in the heat of the desert wearing a turtleneck. Honestly?[break][break]

Matthew grunts, tugging the wooly thing off of him in one fluid motion, tying it off at his waist because he was not about to just leave it behind. It was a really nice shirt, okay?[break][break]

"Yeah, I'm lookin' for a snake. All I found was you, though."[break][break]

He glances at her with his good eye, effectively blind with the other one covered up. In the heat of the moment, he wouldn't notice that she has a matching eyepatch.[break][break]

"The snake wasn't the -- who even are you? Do you normally creep up on people while they're hard at work fully prepared to question their every move? It's pretty pushy."[break][break]

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?"[break][break]

He scoffs, brushing sand off of his shoulder. How it got there he would never know, but the sand was hot and itchy and he was irritable. Sand was the worst.[break][break]

Matthew frowns, however, at her last comment. He stops to observe her prideful stance. He almost finds her attractive - almost. But she ruins the moment by talking about cracking open his chest. What the fuck?[break][break]

"You're nuts, lady."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

dre
she/her
december 4th
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
medical examiner
cadet
death is such
a flirt.
11 height
11 height
awards
101 posts
drea oddmund DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @drea
drea oddmund
mad grit [m]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 15:11:25 GMT
drea oddmund Avatar
[attr="class","drea"]
[attr="class","drea b"]
[attr="class","drea i"]her gaze drops to watch him fiddle with the newly shed sweater. expertly tied as if he does this every day, secured around the waist with little effort. hm, not bad. her movements are quick because really, they have to be for her little legs to keep up with him. it ends with her trailing a little behind him as he stalks away.

searching for a snake and finding her instead... is that fitting or simply amusing? she can't decide. instead, she'll offer a little laugh. "do you want, i don't know, assistance or something?" it's the least she can do after offending him by mocking his precious sweater, right?

sweat continues to bead beneath her own eye patch and she's ushering it up with an irritated sigh. a hand rises to brush away the perspiration, ignoring the way the socket barely even reacts to the roughness of her hand. the barely there breeze feels a little nice on the usually shielded part of her face but she's quick to cover up the lack of an organ with the eye patch once more. sand in there? no thank you.

"drea oddmund," she supplies in a matter-of-fact tone that's just barely bordering on prideful. there's satisfaction to be found within the concept that she can push him without much effort. maybe she'll actually try this time around. "no, i don't actually. normally i'm just cleaning up whatever messes are left." her head tilts to the side, an eyebrow raising a moment later. "would i? you sure are certain you know what i like," another laugh follows because really, he's not exactly wrong but that's neither here nor there.

her lips settle into a firm line, hands settling onto both sides of her hips. her, nuts? well... probably but that's not the point. drea scoffs anyway, as if she can dismiss his comment with an actual explanation or even just a wave of the hand. she'll do both in the end. "if you die out here, you go to the morgue and guess who runs it?" a pause for dramatic effect, for sweeping her gaze away from him and toward the endless amounts of sand around them. "that'd be me. one of the league's medical examiners, at your service." probably one of the only ones if she's being honest. dissecting dead bodies isn't exactly a desirable profession these days. a shame, really... the dead don't talk and she gets bored with no company.

@matthew

[newclass=.drea] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.drea b] color: #F2867A; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.drea i] text-decoration: underline dotted #F2867A; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]