may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
interruptions [c/m]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2020 0:38:18 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 hoenn is famous for its gardevoir. it stands without saying that humanoid species are popular— but elijah never saw the appeal in that. and so he hunts them for coin and utility. there is always need for pokemon that can teleport; rocket's covert operations require swift entrances and exits.

so his dhelmise waits, an ANCHOR SHOT at the ready, for any unsuspecting fairy of its line. after a few hours, finally one finds its way near some berry bushes.

but before he can instruct his dhelmise to fire, he's interrupted by a presence. elijah swings his body, hand clutching for a collar or a neck.

however, his stern eyes soften with recognition. his dhelmise retracts its chain as a kirlia flees back into the brush.

"aw, shit." elijah grumbles. "well if it isn't the dumb blond."

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
interruptions [c/m]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2020 3:51:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Cap had been in enough tough spots in his life that his shame was well and thoroughly depleted. When push came to shove and the grumble in his belly overshadowed the moths in his wallet, he didn't shirk from foraging a little. A stark lack of stealth went right along with this confidence, and that meant he wasn't being nearly as quiet as he probably should have been while poking through berry bushes in a more-or-less public park. He saw the Kirlia a solid half-second before a hand reached out and curled fingers into the collar of his jacket, jerking him around.

"Man, you gotta be quicker if you want to get the drop on Kirlia," Cap said, an almost apologetic tone tinting his words. He could see the Pokemon disappear into the brush from the corner of his eye. As he turned his attention to his newfound captor, a grin spread across his face, recognition lighting his gaze. "Holy hell, is that Elijah? It's been a Growlithe's age!" He paused and counted on his fingers for a moment, puzzled. "Or maybe longer... How long is that, anyway. Ah, it doesn't matter." He started to open his arms as if to hug Elijah, grinning stupidly, but then thought better of it. "How's Hoenn treating you, old friend? Also mind... letting go of my jacket. It's dry clean only."

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
interruptions [c/m]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2020 4:35:15 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 elijah tenses, like the arched spine of a cat, once caprice shows any semblance of offering him a hug. however, he relaxes. not unlike his gaze that was once daggers, the man's shoulders smooth out like flattened mountains.

"hoenn's been treating me fine." elijah shakes caprice once and lets go. "i would have had the kirlia if i wasn't so rudely interrupted."

his dhelmise groans and shakes its seaweed chain.

"why are you here? did johto grow tired of your dumbassery?" elijah's lips thin. "and how'd you find me?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
interruptions [c/m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2020 18:48:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Cap smiled and winked. "You know me, I know things." He wasn't about to tell Elijah that they'd met by pure chance. He had a reputation to uphold, after all. If he was going to rebuild his information network in Hoenn, he couldn't have people thinking that things happened to him because of serendipity.

"Look," he said, laughing apologetically. "How about this: I'll lend you my expert services in tracking down that Kirlia again." Cap didn't wait for an answer before digging around in his pocket. A harsh white light flashed for a moment before fading to reveal a Nidorina scowling next to him. Cap gestured, offering to let Elijah lead them further down the way the Kirlia had escaped. "Johto was... getting a little hot. I'm sure you heard about it." He bit the inside of his cheek for a moment. "What are you doing for work here? Other than traipsing through the wilds after fairies, of course."

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
interruptions [c/m]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2020 23:18:52 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 the classic caprice combo. that smile. that wink. charms that elijah seems genetically unable to execute. still, there is comfort in the familiarity. he's disarmed some— but he would die before he can admit that it is due caprice's charisma.

the nidorina's scowl mirrors his own.

"same old, same old. making meds. selling meds. and other things," he says, drawing the seamy implications sweetly through his tongue, "so, you've moved here then? long-term or are you gonna go back once i bully you enough?"

his dhelmise groans begins to slide forth, its heavy body a dragging gravedigger's shovel. elijah guides caprice through some bushes. his wooden sandals step softly against the leaf littered soil.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
interruptions [c/m]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2020 0:35:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Aw," he said, fluttering his eyelashes at Elijah. "You think you bully me? Cute. Nah, I'm planning on being here long-term. At least as long as I can. I'm getting tired of moving around all the time. Too old for this shit." If Cap had to be honest, he didn't think he'd run into anyone here that he recognized. Hoenn as a region was already big enough on its own, and all his contacts were in Kanto and Johto. At least as far as he knew. After everything that happened in Johto he burned connections with essentially every associate he had, whether they were Team Rocket, League, or somewhere in between.

"I've been picking up some shifts at the bars in Slateport. Trying to connect with new people. Speaking of other things, I need a contact. Things are quieter than they used to be. I can make it worth your while." He grinned and jerked at thumb at Nemesis, who was tramping grumpily behind them, ears swiveling to take in any potential sound around them. She croaked at him, but didn't seem to disagree otherwise. Her toxins, he knew, could be useful in whatever weird concoctions Elijah needed to cook up at the time. And if he needed to sweeten the pot, he had Narcissus to offer as another source of venom.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
interruptions [c/m]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2020 7:50:46 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "long term? guess i gotta start looking at other regions now." elijah rolls his eyes and then his shoulders. his muscles tighten, neck sore as if it had a crick in it.

the nidorina's blistering march charms elijah with every step. its bitter disposition reminds him of himself— and he wonders if caprice thinks the same too.

"oh yeah?" the apothecary sighs, peeling away a low hanging bough. he stops, allowing his dhelmise and new company to pass in front of him should they desire to. "out of the fire and into the frying pan. caprice, hoenn's been batshit insane," elijah releases the bough and the branch swings to neutral, "you sure you don't want the quiet? doesn't meeting new faces tire you out?"

his dhelmise grumbles, its steel frame vibrating with impatience. no traces of kirlia yet.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
interruptions [c/m]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2020 23:36:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He chuckled at Elijah, but didn't fall for the bait. Not this time, at least. Instead, he tossed his companion an all-too-withering glare as he passed by the held branch, one that was so melodramatic he didn't worry Elijah might take it the wrong way.

His typically cheery demeanor darkened. He half-glanced over his shoulder. "Batshit insane?" They hadn't been terribly close, but they'd been in it together, at least. What could be so bad here that Elijah was warning him off it now? Regardless, he continued down the crowded path, angled slightly so the creeping branches wouldn't catch his clothes. "I like new people," he said. "What tires me out is recreating an entire whisper network from fucking scratch. I don't even know most of the Rockets here."

Nemesis grumbled and snuffled at the ground, trying to find the scent of the Kirlia. Her lip curled as she looked up to meet the Dhelmise's eyes.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
interruptions [c/m]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 7:42:57 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 elijah worries about the sky tearing open again, inviting abominations. monstrosities. he can't bear to look at the clown in rocket's possession and although he has no history of coulrophobia, perhaps that fear has risen inside of him like a late-onset allergy. he wonders if caprice knows about them. what the public has deemed "ultra beasts".

"fine, i can introduce you to some of them." elijah says. "a lot of them are clowns." he stops and grabs caprice's shoulder. "just like you."

the brush rustles ahead and his dhelmise groans.

"you'll fit right in, i'm sure. just don't embarrass me."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
interruptions [c/m]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 23:27:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Of course Cap was completely ignorant of the deeper goings on of Team Rocket. Whether that would have changed his mind was up for debate, but he was nothing if not stubborn. When Elijah relented, Cap whispered a yes and almost clapped before he remembered they were on the hunt and thought better of it. The hand on his shoulder, however, was and instantly-sobering touch. He held Elijah's gaze for a moment, letting the full weight of the statement sink in. Then, he moved to cup Elijah's face in his hands, smiling sweetly.

"When have I ever embarrassed you?" A hesitation. "Don't answer that. It's gonna be fine, I've been doing this a long time. Have a little faith." And just like that, as if on cue, the bushes parted and the Kirlia appeared, practically highlighted by a beam of perfect sunlight. Cap glanced over his shoulder at Elijah and gestured as if to say See? I told you. Nemesis squared up on the Kirlia and Cap sent her into battle with a celebratory fist bump. With Dhelmise to tag-team, Nemesis' Poison Fang would make quick work of the other Pokemon, and they would be heading back to proper civilization with a valuable Pokemon⁠—and, for Cap, even more valuable connections—in tow.