awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
the queen has arrived [ misson ]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2020 18:46:52 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
With money running short and the desperate need to give his pokemon food, Maverick found himself accepting an odd job. After flipping through numbers odd jobs around the region, the man decided to take on one that he though would be easy right to start off with. It didn’t pay too much or at least, as much as he would have like. But, it was income either way.

After taking a short trip, the trainer finally arrived at the location he was to meet up with his partner for this mission. Warm colored orbs flickered from his beloved canine who sat patiently by his side to his phone. The only requirements the job had was to have fire types. Lucky for him, he had a few. In fact, he picked up all six of them even though he had a feeling he didn’t need them all. With a sigh, Mav waited for his partner in crime. His expression remained bored, wondering how long he would have to wait for this person to show up.

tags // @open
ooc // lets have fun! mission
close tab

played by

Rework

Agent SiK
He/Him
August 26th
Verdanturf
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
N/a
Single
52 height
52 height
SiK
awards
123 posts
Igor DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sebastianc
Igor
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 14:58:04 GMT
Igor Avatar

Fortee City....

It wasn't a place Sebastian had been to before, prior to present day, yet it was a unique enough town-village that he had at least heard about it. A "city" in the forest, residents who lived in tree-houses, a grand sight beyond mere primitive architecture. However the Rocket-member was not visiting Fortee for some nature walk, he was there on a mission, though to some it was more of a job.

The mission had been sent in, requesting a pair of Pokemon owners whom were versed in Fire-Types, be it their Pokemon or their Pokemon's moves. Sebastian was in luck due to this as he himself owned not one, but two fiery Pokemon, albeit Maladi his Litleo was a Fire and Normal-Type while Dooku his Litten was a pure Fire-Type.

As such Sebastian combed the forest with both Maladi and Dooku at his each of his sides respectively, the three of them walking in sync along the way. They just needed to meet up with their mission partner first, after which they could begin their hunt for Combee honey, though Sebastian was priding himself on acting more like a bodyguard should a "Queen" appear.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 15:24:01 GMT
The burnt scarred man waited patiently for his partner to arrive. With gaze turned to Azula, the massive six foot seven houndoom that let out a big old yawn. “Don’t do that,” the man playful push his beloved canine’s should, she swayed on her feet though didn’t move an inch, “you’re going to make me yawn.” It was on that cue, the contagious sleep yawn got to him. His mouth opened wide, stretching with his arms above his head. Maverick could almost feel his muscles loosen up, satisfaction washed over him. “Damn it.” He commented when done, twisting his core in hopes to crack his back but was unsuccessful. The canine playfully nipped at him before she returned to her domineering stature. After a moment to collect himself after his stretch, the man reached into his pocket and pulled out the common two tone ball everyone knows and loves.

With a flick of the wrist, the ball burst open and formed another large canine. The arcanine shook his mane and then stretched himself, bowing with his butt in the air before leaning forward to stretch his hind legs. “Good afternoon Evo,” Maverick let out a quick chuckle, “We have a job today. Care to join us?” Evo sat in place, head titled to one side. “Good. I might need your fire power.” At the sight of her mate Evo, Azula pranced up to the male and rubbed her head along side his fluffy orange mane. The two cuddled for a moment, rubbing each others scent on each other before Mav cleared his throat. “Are you two love birds done?”

It was after that comment that Maverick noticed a blonde hair man wondering around. Shoving his phone in his pocket, the nicely dressed male made his way towards the trainer with the pair of canine’s hot on his trail though they kept close to each other. “Hey!” He called out, left hand waved to get his attention, “Are you here for the job?” His expression dull, almost confused as he approached the guy. “Collecting combee honey thing.” If not, then this would be awkward. He had to be. The guy had two fire types, one of the missions requirements. “If so, let’s get started. I don't know about you but I don’t have all day.”

tags //
ooc // lets have fun! mission YAY!!!
close tab

played by

Rework

Agent SiK
He/Him
August 26th
Verdanturf
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
N/a
Single
52 height
52 height
SiK
awards
123 posts
Igor DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sebastianc
Igor
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 15:43:08 GMT
Igor Avatar

Nearly jumping out of his skin as he was caught off guard by another man speaking from seemingly nowhere, though they hadn't been hiding Sebastian hadn't been paying attention either.

Correcting himself within the next two seconds he'd internally shudder before nodding as he spoke in reply.

Yeah, uhh, the honey collecting, sounds so exciting...heh...I don't like wasting time either, but I can't say it'd be a shame if some enemies got in the way, heh, heh.

Rubbing the back of his bare neck Sebastian would shake his head then while looking down with closed eyes, sighing before kicking the grassy ground as he proceeded to follow the scarred man and his huge, gigantic really, Fire-Dogs.

Hot dogs.

The mental thought made Sebastian snick as his gaze lifted to the trio before him, the unit of six moving forward then.

So uh, I guess one of us should act as a distraction while the other one gathers the honey?

I guess we should probably stop by the job poster's place and gather some honeycomb tools or uhhh, whatever they use to collect the stuff, cause I sure didn't bring anything of the sort....

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 19:27:02 GMT
Without realizing it, Maverick must have startled the man as he strolled right up to him without another thought. Whoops. Either way, the blonde boy didn’t seem to mind his abruptness and Mav’s assumption about the boy was correct. But at the mention of enemies that might appear, his brows rose in suspicion. Did this guy know of people who care looking to interrupt their easy job? But before the trainer could question him, the guy made Maverick lose his train of thought as he brought up some very valid points. Stretching his own head, the man shrugged his shoulders as they began their march.

“I can be the distracting if you want. I don’t mind. I’m sure my team can handle themselves. I have more fire types on hand as well.” It was true. Although have had no idea how many this guy had, he had a full team of fire creature. “To be honest, I completely forgot that we probably needed tools to collect the honey.” How could he forget that? Seriously. Maverick sighed at himself mentally, annoyed that he forgot this. “Yeah…” the man mumbled while he walked with the other group, “Probably.” After a moment of silence as Maverick was running his head through all the possible ways this could go, Mav decided maybe they should knew each others name sense they will be working together today. “The name is Maverick by the way,” he grunted, shoving his hands in his pockets, expression blank, “The houndoom is Azula and the arcanine is Evo.” Although Maverick was the type of guy that didn’t really talk much, he has been practicing his small talk. After years of being a lone wolf, sometimes the lone wolf gets lonely.

Spying the job poster board, Maverick made his way too it. Reading it carefully, he hummed when he was done. “It says we can pick up supplies from a local farmer here by the name of George Honeywell located near by.” A stiff chuckle escape him. “What a fitting name?” Turning to look to the kid, he motioned to a small house off in the distance. “It said the house has a green roof. It might be that one over there.” Without a moment to loose, the trio made their way towards that house hoping its the right one.

tags //
ooc // lets have fun! mission YAY!!!
close tab

played by

Rework

Agent SiK
He/Him
August 26th
Verdanturf
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
N/a
Single
52 height
52 height
SiK
awards
123 posts
Igor DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sebastianc
Igor
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 13:37:32 GMT
Igor Avatar

Maverick, huh? Well that's a rad name...And Houndoom is...Azula, Arcanine Evo....Would that be like, I mean as in evolution? Heh, heh, ha ha, ho ho....Punny if so, I like it.

These are my Pokemon, Maladi the Litleo and Dooku the Litten, quite the fiery little couple, though Dooku seems to be more of the lover boy, always chasing after Maladi.

Taking a breath then Sebastian would continue in his reply to Maverick.

My name is Sebastian, but yeah let's go find...Uh, Honeywell, heh, heh, ha ha, ho, ho, so many puns today!

Green roof, aye'? Dere be a blue one...and a green one, tharr she bee matey!!

Heh, heh, ha ha, ho, ho another one!

Laughing at his own pun delivery this time Sebastian would finally come to gather himself, his eyes shifting across the way to the nearby housing as his Pirate-mocking accent faded into memory. Following the larger Fire-Types and their scarred Trainer then Sebastian's own group would once more join the latter, the two separate trios becoming six once more.

Y'know, I didn't mention it before, but I guess it's kind of obvious, but getting stung sorta blows....I didn't really think about it til now...Heh, maybe Combee's isn't so bad though, hmmm, it does look like one of the least intimidating stinger-types I guess there's that.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 15:50:01 GMT
Maverick remained silent as the kid made his puns, unsure of how to probably react to his little jokes. After a moment, Mav gave a stiff chuckle with flash of a fake smile in hopes it was a good enough reaction to satisfy him. He never really thought about the names he gives his creature, whether they were for a reason or another. A lot of times, it just felt right. Either way, the scarred male only nodded as the man spoke. The group made their way to the house with the green roof. Warm gaze flickered to his felines, nodded to both. “I hope to have my own Litten and Litleo one day. Any tips?”

At the mention of being stunk by a giant bug, Maverick let out another stiff chuckle. “I would imagine it would hurt quite a bit. I never been stun by a stinger.” And, Sebastion made his mind wonder for a brief moment. Come to think of it, Maverick has never been in that situation. Maybe that was the reason he wasn’t really concerned about it. It also helped to always have some kind of fire type to scare them away too. “Combee’s, as far as I know, are rather docile unless they feel threatened. If they feel as though you are a threat, they will protect their Queen as all cost. This includes sacrificing themselves.” The more he thought about it, the more he felt like this job wasn’t as easy as he originally thought. “But I wouldn’t worry to much about it. I’m the distracting one. If they start acting, I’ll try to lead them away. But for safety reasons, I would suggest you keep your fire types close.”

Once they made it to the house with the green roof, the trainer motioned to the door. “You’re up. Sense you are on collecting duty, you should probably learn how to use it.” Maverick stood several feet away from the door, arms crossed over his chest with his two love bird canines behind him. “What are you waiting for? Go ahead and knock. Talk to the guy. See what we need to do next or where to find the honey that needs to be collected.”

tags //
ooc // lets have fun! mission
close tab

played by

Rework

Agent SiK
He/Him
August 26th
Verdanturf
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
N/a
Single
52 height
52 height
SiK
awards
123 posts
Igor DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sebastianc
Igor
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 22:47:17 GMT
Igor Avatar

Well from my experience Dooku, my Litten, is less distrusting as his species usually are, he's actually a big baby and a huge lover. Maladi, my Litten, on the other hand is rather feisty. She's a Princess for sure, but she's also quite energetic. If she's not running around she's wanting up in my face for snuggles.

Rubbing the back of his neck Sebastian would then groan aloud, evidently he was on collecting duty while his partner would do the "guarding". Huffing and puffing his way to Mr. Honeywell's supposed abode the undercover Rocket would knock thrice until he was met by a burly older man. Following him inside Sebastian would be further informed of the job at hand before being given his general collecting supplies and given directions in detail on how he was to harvest properly. On the way out Sebastian was further tasked with retrieving two large buckets as well, though currently empty they were to be used to hold the collected Combee honey while the supplies rested in a bag now strapped to his back.

Meeting back up with his partner Sebastian would merely nod toward the direction they were to head off to.

Well, let's roll out then, Honeywell says the Combee congregate in a woodland thicket just down the way, a sort of farm he's forged by collecting and releasing wild Combee. Says when still wild they produce a more lovely honey, while captured Combee create an entirely different product, kinda cool I guess...heh.

Eventually the group would come upon the path they were to follow which would lead them into the woods which grew thicker and thicker with foliage until they found their target. Loud buzzing filled the air before they even arrived however leading to them being a bit more stealthy on their initial approach as they had to make sure a Queen wasn't nearby.

Then again they had enough fire power that the group had little to nothing to fear.

Guess I should get to it then, daylights' burning and a hive of bees is less frightening than a Lion's Barrage, heh, hehhh....

Sighing before pressing on with Dooku and Maladi close to his ankles Sebastian would proceed to retrieve his honey gathering tools, being somewhat careful enough as to avoid damaging any of the hives while still harvesting what he needed to get the job done. Collecting not only the liquid, he'd also carve out chunks of honeycomb as well and soon enough the Rocketeer had filled the first bucket to nearly the brim, capping it off with it's air tight seal and slapping it for confirmation before moving on with the second bucket.

Oh joy.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 19:48:11 GMT
Maverick listened to the man tell him a little about his litleo and litten. Both of these creature the man has never owned himself though he has heard many things of them and both seemed a little out of what was considered normal for the species. “Oh. Interesting.” The scarred man would simply nod, seeing how different creatures act differently from what is expected of the research that commonly found with them. Maverick hoped to find himself a good pair of litleo and litten one day, both seemed to be a good addition to his ever growing team.

At the sound of the kids annoyance that he was put on collecting duty and had to go talk to the guy, Maverick felt as though maybe he already pushed his partner away. Often times, Maverick did find himself taking charge when he doesn’t mean too. The trainer was just a man who liked to get stuff done without much of messing around. Straight to business. He gave his partner a half ass smile with a grimace lanced in it, shrugging his board shoulders in what could be taken as a sort of apology. He didn’t put the blonde on honey collecting duty because he didn’t think he could handle guard duty, just felt like he would be better at collecting then Mav.

But after waiting outside for his partner to be giving a brief lesson and collect supplies, the trainer turned to the trainer and strolled up to him with curiously. “I never knew,” the man replied, truly intrigued by the information Sebastian received, “I guess I just never really thought about the process or what could effect it.”

Following his lead, the group got closer and closer. Maverick would be lying if he said he didn’t feel kind of nervous as the buzzing got louder and louder. It also didn’t help that his two canine’s, who trailed behind him, let out a low warning growl that they were uncomfortable. The ‘don’t be suspicious’ song played in his head over and over again, imagining that if they were cartoons they would be doing the dramatic tip toe maneuver.

Once they reach a location that seemed like plenty of honey to collect, Sebastian got to work. Maverick stood behind him, watching the combee like a starraptor. And with good news, nothing seemed to be the problem. The little bug types just ignored them, buzzing by as though they were invisible. Azula let out a low growl, muscles stiffened with anticipation. Maverick nudged her and shooshed her, feeling as though that might upset them. And his assumption, was right.

One of the combee noticed Azula, Evo, and than Maverick. At first, Maverick and his team stood absolutely sit. Much like when you encounter an Ursaring, the trainer secretly hoped they would ignore them. It felt like hours of silent stare off between the single wild bug and Maverick’s team. “Are you almost done kid?” The man whispered loudly to him over his shoulder, “We might have a problem.” The wild combee buzzed angrily at Maverick and Mav was quick to reacted. “Collect as much as you can and get out before the Queen gets here. You lead the way and I’ll follow you to stop them chasing us.” With that, Maverick did his part of the mission. “Flamethrower and flame burst!”

Without a moment of hesitation, Azula took in a deep breath feeling the taste of sulfur in her gut. And when she felt the flame was ready, her muzzle burst open with a stream of flames. The flamethrower forcing any combee that came close away. Meanwhile, Evo did the same. Expect instead of a stream of flames, a large fire ball was hurled towards them in an attempt to keep them back. “Speed it up a little bro,” Maverick hollered over the angry buzzing, “You lead the way out when you’re done.”

tags //
ooc // gotta have a little bit of excitement right? xD mission
close tab

played by

Rework

Agent SiK
He/Him
August 26th
Verdanturf
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
N/a
Single
52 height
52 height
SiK
awards
123 posts
Igor DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sebastianc
Igor
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 17:50:37 GMT
Igor Avatar

" Are you almost done, kid?! "

Was he being rushed?

Bantha.

Sighing just before Maverick then noted that they might have some trouble brewing Sebastian would begin to let his gaze drift about while his hands continued to work on the task at hand. Then the buzzing came in like thunder rumbling, it was indeed time to hurry.

Clicking his tongue off of the roof of his mouth Sebastian would be swift to move to the next harvesting "Station" before continuing, hoping that his frantic energy wouldn't cause him to slip and ruin the honey gathering. However at the sight of his mission partner's large fire attacks he'd nearly hiss, was the guy a mad man? They were in a forest, a highly flammable area....

HEY, CHILL OUT, LITERALLY!

If you catch this forest on fire I'm pretty sure our job rewards will be reduced to nothing! And we'll probably be arrested or something! Don't destroy the hives, they won't be able to produce more honey, meaning everyone will be screwed out of a job....Heh, heh!

Sighing while gathering the last bit he could manage Sebastian would then ponder on his own chosen words, it was bothersome to him. Why was he so nice, even in situations like this. Why did he care about others when in the end everyone seemingly failed him one way or another, betrayal was a pet peeve that was for sure.

Quick, Maladi, Dooku let's get going!

With the gathered honey in tow Sebastian had to be swift, but careful as he didn't want to spill any of the gathered product. It would be a shame if he ruined what he had spent so delicately harvesting.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 17:19:29 GMT
Sebastian made a good point. If they were to destroy the forest by setting it ablaze, not only would they not get the money but these pokemon wouldn’t have a place to life. “Would you rather get stung?” But of course, this did all start before of his pokemon. Whoops. Taking his advice, Maverick turned to his pokemon as they send waves of flames threw the air. “Just scare them off!” He yelled over the roar of buzzing as it escalated rapidly, “try not to set the place on fire.” Azula whipped her head to look at Maverick, seeing how frustrated she was at his little comment. “Please.” The man blinked in a mumble, sort of shocked by her attitude.

Maverick directed his pokemon to shield Sebation from any attacks or bugs that tried to get at him. However at this point, they were more focused on Maverick and his two canine’s than anything else. This was the trainer’s plan. This was his job though he could have probably toned it down. It made him wonder if the kid would ever want to do another mission with him. Either way, Maverick stayed focused.

It was only when Maverick saw the blonde rose to his feet in the corner of his eye that the scarred male motioned for him to lead the way out. While Azula and Evo continued to distract them, the trainer moved to him. “I am going to have Azula and Evo try to drawl them away while we get away. Ill help you carry these. Hopefully, they will be so distracted by them that we don’t need to rush out and slip some.” Turning to his canine’s, he barked an order. “Lead them away and when safe, come back. Please don’t ruin the honey comb.” Flame erupted into the sky as they pair of canine’s barked and growl at the ever growing swarm of bugs. They attacked, though both were skilled in battle.

Looking to Sebastion, he gave him a nod. “Are you ready? I have more fire power if a few do follow us.” The man grabbed one of the buckets, waiting to see if he did need to grab another or not before starting the long track out.

tags //
ooc // might go back and add some details but babys crying to gunna do that quick. mission
close tab

played by

Rework

Agent SiK
He/Him
August 26th
Verdanturf
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
N/a
Single
52 height
52 height
SiK
awards
123 posts
Igor DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sebastianc
Igor
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 19:57:05 GMT
Igor Avatar

Thankfully his words had been heeded rather than being taken in negative form. Sighing both mentally and literally the blond would continued his focused rush until he and his allies had broken free of the furious bugs nearby, only slowing right before they met the forets' treeline.

Breaking through with another sigh, this time one of relief however, Sebastian would first ensure his Pokemon were still beside him before giving a once over to the gathered honey as well as the honey comb. With his partner Maverick toting a bucket now as well the burden was lightened even, thankfully.

From there they'd press on, returning to Honeywell and delivering the harvest.

A job well done.

Well that was easy enough...heh, heh.

And sting free even, hey we even avoided causing a forest fire haha!

Maybe we'll meet each other again sometime!

Keep an eye out for the cat crew and I, heh, hehh.

/exit