the coffee & swirlix cafe [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 13:29:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
After they had parted at the museum, Asher didn't even think twice about whether or not Katherine would be there. He had, however, given her his name and his number just in case she needed to contact him for any reason at all.

Which was smooth if he was being honest enough to stroke his own ego. Being honest and stroking his own ego ran hand and hand quite often for Asher.

He waited outside the cafe within the central mall. He'd needed to navigate to it with his device, but it wasn't that hard to find. He stood, leaned against one of the railings, just before the entrance to the establishment. Patiently, as it is one of his virtues, he hummed himself a little tune while he waited for his date to arrive.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 20:07:00 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

[]

Maybe dinner would have been a better idea.

After all, it would've meant Katherine had more time to prepare herself for this date. However, she was never one to allow doubt to linger in her mind for too long. Sure, she didn't look like a Million Dollars, but a pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt couldn't have been that bad. It's not like she felt a need to impress Asher.
Or did she?

She arrives at the mall a couple of minutes later than the time they agreed on, running late mostly because of her cab. Slateport's traffic was always a bitch when you least needed it to be. A particular jewelry store drew her attention and caused her pace to halt some, but a quick shake of her head dismissed the thought of checking it thoroughly. She could do that another day.

"Hey," A gentle smile touched at her lips as soon as Asher came into view. "I hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long."

tags:
notes: ---

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 21:43:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Too long for you? Never."

Lines like that flowed so effortlessly from Asher, that some would have assumed he was saying them every hour of the day. And depending on the day, they'd be right.

"Was traffic that bad?" He asked while standing up off the wall and walking up to her to meet her, instead of making her go all the way to him.

Ever the gentleman if only because it seemed to be such a dying breed.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 23:28:18 GMT

[]

Katherine's smile grows slightly at the sound of Asher's smooth words. Despite how awfully cheesy they sounded Kat did find them to be sweet.

"As it usually is, you know. I've never been a fan of Slateport's traffic," The Rocketess mentions, her eyes remaining upon the gentleman as the distance between them was closed. "I could've probably made it in time but this cab driver must've been new." Her eyes rolled backward before she simply decided to move on and forget about whatever had her arriving late. It wasn't too important to dwell on.

"Do you want to sit inside? Or... We could just order something to go," Katherine's smile persisted. She hadn't made any movement to enter the coffee shop just yet, "I have no preference either way. You should choose."

She wasn't asking him to take the lead - she was practically dropping it on him.

tags:

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 0:35:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Cues like that made Asher's whole day. He didn't mind being asked, or told, to take the lead. As a matter of fact, he could go either way and be just as happy. But knowing that she very much wanted him to take the lead relaxed his shoulders and helped him to understand what she wanted out of the evening.

To that extent, he walked beside her and gently slid his arm around her waist, though allowed it to rest between her waist and ribs. Not low, but not too high. Some people were ticklish on their ribs and Asher was mindful of that.

"Traffic is an unfortunate means to an end. You should invest in a pokemon knowing teleportation. One day of sight seeing and traveling to each city and suddenly you've a quick-pass to each and every city in the area." He might have definitely been boasting, but, he couldn't help himself. Advice was something he oozed. He led her inside, glancing up at the menu.

"As far as coffee goes, let's get it to go." He looked away from the menu and to her eyes, to lock them as he finished answering her question. "There are plenty of sights to see in Slateport. We could even visit a few shops if you'd like."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 1:55:35 GMT

[]

Asher's arm finds the correct position around Katherine's waist, who makes no gesture against it. She didn't seem to mind it - not yet. Considering the type of person the Rocket member was, there was no doubt that she'd let Asher know if that changes. She had a big mouth and was quite crude; lacking more tact than most.

"Oh, I have a couple. But they tend to sleep during the day. They get quite active during night."

Gallade was the partner Kat relied on the most, and he tended to be awake only at nights unless a special occasion called for a change in his sleeping schedule. The rest, a majority of ghost-types, were all naturally used to sleeping during the day. "But I suppose another can't do harm. I'll keep it in mind."

"Oh?" The mention of shops draws an immediate reaction from the woman, who turns to find Asher already gazing at her. "- I mean, there were a couple of shops I considered checking out. A jewelry one mostly. But it might end up boring for you, y'know?" And it would be extremely weird to collect notes on a shop's security system while on a date. Business and pleasure didn't go hand in hand with each other, did they?

"It's probably for the better if you don't see how much I like to spend on our first date." She teased with an innocent smile that was hard to doubt, and then passed her order to the barista. The same pair of things she fantasized about during work - a sweet, vanilla late and a chocolate croissant.

tags:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 2:06:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
What Asher had noticed so far, was that Katherine held her own opinions close, and lived by them, but didn't completely capsize the ideas others offered. Or at least, socially she didn't. Now, she might throw his idea completely out the window, but he found that she was speaking with him and listening to him, enough to have an intelligent response and not simply bar the conversation for her own personal rant time.

"I don't see how going anywhere with you could be boring, Katherine. You're very enjoyable company thus far. Suppose only time will tell, but the raving review from me so far, is that I'm having fun."

Yes, he had dated girls like that, and he was relieved that this girl in particular showed intelligence on a level that was like his own. She enjoyed kinship, conversation, and apparently she had class. Which he would be taking her to the jewelry store to test out.

As her oder was placed, Asher placed his own just after. His purchase was as close to a black tea sour as he could manage with a scone. Once he paid, he made his way over to the waiting counter with her.

"You should try and bore me though. I've a bit of an eye for jewels, and I'd like to see if we have similar tastes or not."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 2:49:47 GMT

[]

That infectious smile of the woman continues to linger, with each of Asher's compliments earning him a few more seconds to witness it. At this pace, it wouldn't go away for the rest of the day-- which might even result in sore cheeks for the woman.

"You aren't too bad yourself. I mean, for a guy I met in the museum..." Her jest comes playfully, along with her smile that turns into more of a smirk. Calling the museum work would have been weird, Kat figured. They were both temps in that place. With an extra emphasis on were since she quit the job just a few hours ago. The pair of them aren't kept waiting for their beverages and pastries for too long. 'Coffee and Swirlix' lived up to its reviews, the orders coming in hot and fresh.

If Katherine didn't know any better, she would've thought that the croissant only now came out of the oven.

"Alright, alright. I'll keep it in mind." She mentioned in response to his request before taking another sip from her drink. "We can check the store to compare tastes if you insist." And as they departed from the Coffee shop, the Rocketess had to resist the urge of leading the way herself-- a force of habit.

"There was one necklace that caught my eye in particular. I guess we'll see if you can spot it."

tags:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 3:06:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Asher sipped at his drink and munchednon his scone as they walked. It was a quick munching, so he could dust off his fingers and have his hand back around her waist as they walked.

“Well, guessing when I see it is hardly fair. How about I guess beforehand?” He lifted a brow, as if coaxing her to play his game. “Now... what to wager if I guess correctly within three attempts.”

He tapped his chin in thought, wondering what they could wager. Oh, he immediately thought of a few things, but they were hardly proper enough to mention. So he kept them to himself and hoped she might come up with something.

Mostly so he knew what his boundaries were.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 21:56:26 GMT

[]

Whereas Asher was quick to finish his pastry, Katherine took as much time as possible with hers. She enjoyed each and every bite and savored the flavor of the warm croissant. Considering how strict she was about her diet, it was a rare occurrence for her to simply have one of these things. The least she could do was enjoy it the proper way.

"Three attempts?" She asks, intent on confirming the rules first. "Hm... Alright! But I feel like you could use a time limit. Three minutes, maybe?" It was akin to a game of tag between them. Asher suggested a different rule only to have another added by Kat herself.

Her competitive nature couldn't help but show itself.

"I'd say we can bet on a second date but..." She paused, drawing the moment by taking a sip of her drink. "I have a feeling you were going to ask me on one either way."

"I guess it's up to you. I won't chicken out, so... Whatever you want."

"I am yours." The Rocketess whispered to Asher's ear, knowing exactly what she was saying.

The ball was in his court.

tags:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 0:37:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Asher was beginning to wonder where they were even walking. The way Katherine whispered in his ears brought out a primal sort of need in him. Lust, plain and simple. She knew what she was doing and he definitely glanced around to see if there was somewhere comfortable he could take her... but then again, he was a bit sappy in the sense that, he liked the first time with him to be a memorable experience. But then again, who wouldn't remember being taken into the closet of a mall because they were just that tempting?

Instead, Asher practiced his strongest virtue, patience. In the form of self control. He took in a deep breath, something like a growl leaving him as he chuckled, turning his smirking lips toward her own ear.

"I'm going to guess the necklace's metal is gold." He was sure to speak as if he were saying something a bit more hot and heavy, dirty, even. He was thinking it, for damn sure. "And while diamonds adorn parts, there are pink diamonds as the main eye catchers, with rose gold accents."

He could be wrong. But he'd seen something like that in a shop window on his way in and he wouldn't be surprised if it'd caught her eye. It was the latest in high fashion and she seemed to have an eye for that sort of thing.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 1:06:27 GMT

[]

"It is." She speaks softly, confirming that the piece of jewelry she had looked at earlier was indeed a gold necklace. Asher managed to guess that part quite easily. Katherine has half a mind to forget about their little bet, too occupied with focusing on each syllable that left her date's lips. He spoke slowly and quietly, words carried by a ragged voice that would have easily earned a different reaction from her if it wasn't for the fact that they were in the middle of a mall.

Instead, she has to treat it the way she dealt with her pastry.

She savors every moment with the intention of enjoying it as slowly as possible.

"..There are a couple of diamonds too. I am starting to think this was a bit too predictable," But frankly, if there was ever a time for her to want to lose? It was this.

"--Ah. Or maybe not." The color of the diamonds didn't match those of the necklace she had seen earlier, and luckily, it means that there's still a chance for Katherine to come out as the winner. A slim chance, sure, but still.

The pair of them reaches the store eventually, but Katherine makes no effort to head inside. Not yet. She was fine with observing some of the jewelry that was presented in the shop window. In the meantime, while Asher is given a second chance, she lifts her hand and allows it to travel upwards another time. It reaches his hair, where her digit spins a couple locks of his hair round and round.

"I think you have... Two more minutes left, Asher."

Was she trying to sabotage him? Was this all meant to distract him?

tags:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 2:18:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It was a good thing Asher was very good at multitasking. There would be no way he could keep himself afloat in her wiles otherwise. He was competitive and would be annoyed the rest of the night if he didn’t get the necklace guess right. Thought judging by her as a whole, how flirty she was... gold and diamonds?

“Then the one you’re spotting is called the Crystal Heart. A stone that hangs on a sing or gold chain, the ore a rare thing only Kalos could dig up. Said to have been stumbled upon by accident, though others argue fate, since the two who found it married big after selling the stone to this jeweler.”

He regaled the tale simply enough, even sobering his tone a bit, but never taking his eyes off of her. She was beautiful. And would look beautiful in the jewelry.

“Something to the tune of one point three million, if I remember correctly. You are an expensive date.”

Unlike most men, Asher held no malice in his tone. Why would he? He didn’t mind that she had good taste. He was relieved, honestly.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 0:43:00 GMT

[]

For a fleeting moment, Katherine seriously considers acting like a true Rocket and lying to Asher about the necklace. However, she was enjoying their time together - and he did earn his victory. If anything, she should've known better than to bet on something as predictable as a piece of jewelry... This wasn't exactly a loss, was it?

"That's the one. I don't know why I thought it would take you longer than this."

The mention of the Crystal Heart's price causes the Rocketess's brows to raise in disbelief. The tale was more than convincing, so Asher's estimated price was one Kat could easily consider to be true. "A million...?" She held her tongue back, her eyes blinking some. "I knew it wasn't going to be cheap, but... Wow." Katherine breaks the eye contact between Asher and herself for a brief while, her gaze drawn to the necklace again.

Well, now she knew that she'd have to return to this store. Preferably without a date next time.

"It sounds like you know what you're talking about," She began while averting her gaze back to him. "Or... Maybe you've paid the shop a visit before I showed up?"

tags:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 2:14:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xyzbackground"]
[attr="class","xyzpic"]

[attr="class","xyzwords"]

Watching her gawk over the price was to be expected. But in a way, she seemed more impressed than she did shocked that it costed so much. Like she appreciated that it cost as much as he mentioned. Because of that, Asher was grinning. How couldn't he?[break][break]

He'd gawked in the very same way over the prize that the Crystal Heart was, not at it's price, much like Katherine had.[break][break]

"I have to admit, I'm a bit of a fashion diva." Asher began with a smirk and a wink before pulling his finger up as if to shush her. Not that it was a secret to anybody that knew him well enough.[break][break]

"I like to keep my eyes open for anything potentially interesting, and I see how well it's doing in the stocks. Sometimes, I'll invest. Or, I'll offer my review. Sometimes, I'll even rent the piece out and surprise a date with it."[break][break]

For a moment, Asher just kept eye contact, before chuckling.[break][break]

"If it were any other piece in the store, I'd rent it for the evening. But the Crystal Heart, just to rent, is over fifteen thousand an hour."

tag.

[break][break]

[newclass=".xyzbackground] width: 300px; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #1b1b1b; margin-top: 25; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzpic] margin: 0 auto; opacity: .8; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzwords] text-align:justify; color: #aaa; font: 11px monospace; padding: 30px; text-indent: 1em; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords b] color: #809874; font-weight: normal; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h1] font: 13px monospace; font-style: italic; color: #809874; margin: 0px; display: inline; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2] display: inline; font: 12px monospace; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2::before] content:'✦ '; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords a] text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase!important; letter-spacing: 1px; font: 12px monospace!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzpkmn] border-top: solid 1px #aaaaaa; text-align: center; [/newclass]