part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
the coffee & swirlix cafe [c]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 21:06:02 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

[]

Asher's confession fails to surprise Katherine, mostly because she had already guessed that about him. Well, she knew that he was to some extent more confident than most-- he had experience, clearly. After all, it did come with age.

A fashion diva wouldn't have been her first guess though. Something more like... An inheritor of some company, maybe. Someone who's been spoiled his entire life. That seemed more fitting for Asher than anything else. And, Kat herself had some experience in that department. At least until she left her adoptive family.

"I take it that I am not worth the surprise then?" She asks, eyes blinking all the while. "Maybe I am too expensive for you."

Despite delivering the words with a serious tone, it's evident that there was only humor in them. The smirk that stretched upon the woman's visage certainly gave off that impression. "Don't worry, I am just kidding. I'd probably lose that necklace in less than an hour if I was allowed to wear it."

And by lose Katherine meant that she'd sell it immediately. But that shouldn't concern her date tonight.

tags:
notes: ---

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 22:37:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xyzbackground"]
[attr="class","xyzpic"]

[attr="class","xyzwords"]

Asher let a laugh bubble out of his chest. His eyes remained on his date as the man who owned the shop walked over to them. "Now, who said I didn't have a surprise planned for you?" Asher asked with a smirk.[break][break]

"Ah, Mr. Leivern. It's so good to see you." Said the owner with an expecting grin. "Is there anything the lady would like to try on?"[break][break]

"Reginald," Asher greeted before nodding and looking toward the Crystal Heart. "The hottest item of the year, if you wouldn't mind, Reggie."[break][break]

Reginald had hesitated, because she was a child, but decided that he could trust Asher and ushered over to get the piece for them.[break][break]

"Wanna try it on?" Asher asked, knowing the answer would likely be yes.[break][break]

[attr="class","xyztag"][break]

tag.

[newclass=".xyzbackground] width: 300px; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #1b1b1b; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzpic] margin: 0 auto; opacity: .8; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzwords] text-align:justify; color: #aaa; font: 12px monospace; padding: 30px; text-indent: 1em; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords b] color: #809874; font-weight: normal; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h1] font: 14px monospace; font-style: italic; color: #809874; margin: 0px; display: inline; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2] display: inline; font: 13px monospace; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2::before] content:'✦ '; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords a] text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase!important; letter-spacing: 1px; font: 13px monospace!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyztag] border-top: solid 1px #aaaaaa; text-align: center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 21:51:06 GMT

[]

Reginald was his name.

It was hard to keep up with a date along with collecting information about a store Katherine might rob eventually-- but she tries her best. It almost went hand in hand together. "Oh- ..Thank you, but there's no need for that, Reginald." Katherine offers an apologetic smile to the man, her head dismissing Asher's offer with a sway.

"No, I shouldn't. It's one thing to pay for my coffee, but..."

She gave another smile to the other man in the store - the owner. It was the type of smile that asked for a single thing: privacy. And with a nod, he signaled that he got the message and turned to tend to his store elsewhere.

"I don't want you to get any ideas, Asher. I can't be bought." It might come as a surprise to him, but money failed to impress Katherine at this point of her life. She liked it- no, she loved it. But it was not as special as it used to be. And this piece of jewelry was going to be hers one way or another, so...
Why not use this occasion to teach her date a lesson about who exactly he was spending his time with?

"I know you mean well. So we should probably just... Leave the store. Your friend might get lucky and actually sell something when we aren't here looking like we're searching for a wedding ring, you know?"

She was willing to let Asher lead since the moment they met. Hell, Kat might have even asked for it. But one thing became clear-- she more than comfortable with taking the reins when necessary.

tags:

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 22:18:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]The girl was wild, that was for sure.

While Asher might not have thought that he would 'buy her' with his money, he had simply wanted to spoil her. It seemed strange to him that she didn't want spoiled, but he also wasn't going to push the subject. Instead, he took her lead and made his way out of the store with her.

"I'll just leave it at paying for coffee then, hm?" His eyes fluttered forward. "And, for the record, I wasn't trying to buy you. Spoil you, maybe, but, not buy. You seem like the type that gives as much as given, and if you can't give back, you don't want it."

Or at least, that's what he'd gleaned so far. There was no judgment in his tone either. He didn't mind if she was, or wasn't that way.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font-size: 13px; font-weight: normal; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 20:30:32 GMT

[]

It never once crosses Katherine's mind that she mentioned a wedding ring of all things on a first date. Well, not until this very moment- and then she realized how awkward it was. Especially considering how young she was. She didn't want to give. She wasn't rushing into a relationship, she wasn't anxious to have someone proposing for her.

For someone who thought so highly of impressions, she already felt as if she botched this one. But who knows, perhaps it was still salvageable. Maybe Asher hadn't given it as much importance as she had.

"I do- I mean... I do like to be spoiled. It's just not something I am used to. Something that expensive. It's too much for a first date."

Her eyes avert to the side, as if finding more important to stare at. Truthfully, she just didn't to break the eye-contact with Asher in order to recover, "It isn't a big deal." Her confident tone returns, "I have some experience with this."

Rich guys, she meant.

"Sometimes boundaries are necessary."

tags:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 20:49:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Then I will leave you to practice that which makes you most comfortable."

After all, that's all Asher could ask for, was that his company was comfortable and happy. If they weren't, he'd have to change that. Speaking of, the conversation seemed to take a dip in a direction he didn't like, so he perked up and looked toward the exit of the mall.

"How about we take a walk and see what evening activities we can dip our toes into, then? I hear they have a summer festival of sorts not far from the mall. Just a small thing. However, I do know for certain there are a few games. Least you could do is let me try and win you a stuffed animal to remember me by."

Though he was hoping to leave her with more than just the stuffed animal to remember him by, the stuffed animal would be a good start.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font-size: 13px;
font-weight: normal; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 23:22:42 GMT

[]

"After today? I don't think you'll have to worry about being forgotten."

The smile of the Rocketess can only mean one thing: despite the awkward moment they shared, her mood was far from ruined. She still enjoyed his company, and the date was going well until now. There was no reason it had to change. "And honestly, I was going to suggest going there anyway. I heard their prizes are pretty cool. I heard there's even a lifesize Milotic doll."
And Katherine had totally set her mind on heading home with one of those.

"I am not saying I really want one, but I am not saying I don't. You know?"

Was she issuing another challenge already?

The sun has already set by the time the pair of them exit the mall. The skies were painted with dark shades of blue, stained by numerous sparkling stars-- and of course, the moon itself. It was a beautiful night.

tags:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 5:40:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 25 pokedollars & 2 infamy.
[break]