battle dancing unicorns, with glitter [c/tos m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 1:45:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Asher stood proudly, tie adjusted, dressed to the 'T' as any investor in his right mind would be. Asher always dressed to impress, he didn't need to be invested in one of the fighters to be happily invested in the fight. He did, however, enjoy the fact that he got a front row seat as a thank you gift from the fighter.

As Asher took his seat, he watched a few of the fighters from behind the scenes. What little bits of them he could make out. Admittedly, it wasn't once. He leaned to ask if he could get back there, and once instructed how, Asher made his way back.

Although he was stopped many times to talk finances with a few individuals, he did eventually make it back into the rooms. He gave a knock on the door, speaking with one of the managers. A decent conversation, his little girl was passing Asher's class with excellent marks.

While back there, he overheard a few of the managers saying that there was a sort of 'scuffle' that had started to get a little out of hand outside. Asher asked to be lead to it, just so he could see if he could perhaps calm whoever it was down a bit. If anything, he didn't want his clients to think he didn't care.

Because unfortunately, he did... about his money. Care about his money.

mission
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 5:02:02 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

If she were a fighter in there, she wouldn't have any pride left if her pack butted into a conflict she didn't want them to participate in. If there were specific rules in place, it wasn't like it was a life-and-death scenario, so why were these people being so unruly about this!? It was as if she was facing a rabid beast! [break][break]

Speaking of a beast, she was distinctly aware that the "fans", still roaring about how the "Tornado Hitmonlee had to win, were releasing their Pokemon, and she was already surrounded, having only enough time to release two of her own Pokemon. Glima, a Croagunk who snickered and shivered in anticipation, and Munin, a Krookodile who snarled yet backed up upon seeing their enemies. [break][break]

Primeape, Sawk, even a Hawlucha. Kaida cast a quick look at Munin, gritting her teeth. Munin was powerful, but outnumbered and at a disadvantage, it was bad, very much so. She wasn't even paid to do this today, it was just an issue of fighter pride, how humiliating would it be to have fans trying tactics to assist in a fight that you started yourself that you wouldn't die in!? Still, she was stuck here now, having spoken the deadly words, "Wouldn't it be fine if he loses?" [break][break]

Then Glima made her move, audacious smirk on her face as it seemed fighting was inevitable...and blew her cheeks out in a Taunt. She had to talk to Glima about waiting for the cue next time...but right now they had to deal with the screaming fans and Pokemon. [break][break]

It wouldn't be rude to demand compensation for this impromptu guard duty later, would it?

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Let's do this. Had a Pokemon use Taunt!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 13:56:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Asher was caught so off guard at the sight he saw, it nearly enraged him. Nearly. But it would have only enraged him if he were the one in the woman's shoes. Well, it was time to put himself into a situation that didn't call for him. Why? Because heroes get laid, that's why.

Tossing out his haxorus, Hank, Asher simply put his hands in his pockets and tried hard not to smirk like the smug bastard he knew himself to be.

"An outrage, please, Hank? Do avoid the woman and her croagunk and krookodile, hm?"

That simple command began the beasts build up. With a screech loud enough to echo through the entire area, he rushed forward. People and pokemon alike scrambled to get out of the way of the beast's outrage. While he used his outrage on the primeape, Asher tossed out Daisy, his houndoom, and gave a single snap.

With that, Daisy's hair bristled and she let out an equally loud howl. Though it was mostly instinct and gave her no real boost, being that the move wasn't in her roster. Mostly, it was for dramatic effect. Daisy liked being as intimidating as possible. Though she was at a disadvantage, she knew good and well Asher wanted her to play guard dog, so she simply circled him and kept her attention on the fight.

Lastly, Asher tossed out his beheeyem. With telepathy, it was easy for freddy to link onto what Asher wanted, namely by emotion, which is how they communicated and were so well in sync. He took a few moments to use calm mind while Asher raised his voice, walking through the pathway that Hank had created with his outrage.

"It's a bit rude to corner a lady, isn't it?"

With a sheen, the calm mind was completed, and the beheeyem floated in front of Asher. A burst of psychic energy was given from behind the krookodile, who it wouldn't effect, to send the sawk flying backwards in a beautiful OHKO.

The satisfaction of that hit made Asher's skin crawl with goosebumps, and that smug smirk from before was now a bastard's grin.

"What do you say... we call it a day, fellas?"

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 14:55:51 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida didn't take her eyes off of the "fans", even as a seeming ally arrived to ease this difficulty a little. She only tilted her head at the man once he was close, speaking quick and quietly on the situation, "They're really angry, and someone used Taunt, so it's even worse now." She explained, hearing Glima giggle as she left her name out of the proceedings, "There's more than-" [break][break]

As if on cue, the Hawlucha made its grand reappearance slamming into Munin from above, no doubt thinking that as both a Fighting and Flying type, it couldn't lose. Taking the blow harshly, snout nearly slamming into the ground, Munin bellowed a horrific sound and Kaida quickly waved at the man and his Pokemon to move as Anger Point activated. [break][break]

Still, Munin was more intelligent than most gave Krookodile credit. A veteran of many fights, as her many scars would tell such a story, she made no attempt to use a dark-type or ground-type move. No, she had a move in reserve just for situations like this. Strength beyond what most Pokemon were able to obtain in a long battle, Munin found it in an instant and whirled around, Outrage steaming from her body in a blue haze as her tail smashed into her enemy. It was over that fast. "Get calmed down, Munin." Kaida spoke with a fondness towards the destructive beast as the fan ran towards his very blown away Pokemon, and the reptile quickly sat and gulped deep breaths, eyes still wide and wandering, "Sorry, sir, you didn't need to be in danger." Directed towards Asher, it was quite clear that Kaida felt the battle would have been won anyway without any help. [break][break]

"Go away...I'm not even working right now." She growled at the now balking fans, jerking her head at the arena, "This sir here won't get you an easier defeat if I see you in here." Not like she even planned on entering, but it made a good threat, she supposed.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Let's do this. Had a Pokemon activate Anger Point!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 16:37:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Somehow, he'd just been scolded by the woman for being a gentleman. At least, he figured he had. What she said made little sense to him. Felt a little rushed, but it could have been her adrenaline. Though, he did figure perhaps 'her not working right now' might have referred to her being a ranger, which would make sense, given her tough team.

Finally, Hank the haxorus had come to a sort of stumbling stop, resting against the krookodile with his own dizzying outrage settling. Freddy the beheeyem was quick to teleport near Munin and Hank, using recover to try and help them gain themeselves a little more quickly.

"If I somehow offended you, I do apologize." Small whispers replaced most roaring. He was known as the man who had been interviewed recently about funding the event, so they knew his name. Now it was starting to get around that he was protecting whoever this girl was. Asher worried momentarily about his reputation, but he'd bounce back. He always did.

It was about then that the primeape from before tried to sneak up on the recovering pokemon, but Daisy had caught him. A flamethrower was thrown his way, disregard given to any who were close enough. They shouldn't have been close if they didn't want to get burned.

With a snap, her flamethrower ceased, and the primeape, now unconscious, was doted on by their trainer. The situation seemed to be defusing, finally.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 17:50:30 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Not offense, just irritated." Kaida scowled at the now cringing fans, "Should have been able to chase them away before needing help." It should have been quick, she should have taught them a brutal lesson alone. They were simple civilians, in all honesty, it should have been easy. [break][break]

She lingered around Munin, patting the crocodile on the back as it recovered from the exhausting attack. Glima hopped about the floor, outrageously proud of herself despite having done near nothing to get to this victory. [break][break]

Still, this mundane event was getting interesting, now wasn't it? Kaida expected people this angry would just find a new target to attack, a new friend to call, but these humans were backing away like slapped children, and she didn't think it was because they found rational minds. "They're scared of you...who are you?" Faces already were not a priority in her memories, and she had little interest in any famous people besides who was above her. As such, the question was genuine.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Talking!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 17:58:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The pride deep in his soul was insulted every time that question was asked. Who was he? He was the face of investments, a billionaire who invested in more companies than he did positions in the bedroom and, admittedly, they were a close tie.

Either way, he'd been asked that quite a bit since coming to Hoenn, since he hadn't made his 'stamp' there just yet. But, he'd make his way into the HNN, somehow, and because of that, he gave her a charming smile and callused his pride to the question.

"My name is Asher Leivern. I'm the reason this event is even possible." He extended a hand for her to shake. Why? Because she seemed like the type that would appreciate the gesture more than his charming smile.

"And, you?" Always ask a lady their name once you've introduced yourself.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 18:11:29 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Hm." Asher. Kaida bit back a reply she knew would not go over well, "I never saw you before." and went with a calm answer she haven't seen backfire on her yet, "Nice to meet you." She took the handshake easily, a surprisingly strong and professional grip grown from years of learning how not to speak or act, as much as it made her curl his lips. [break][break]

"I am Kaida Adachi." She introduced herself, and then abruptly turned and indicated first at the Croagunk, "This is Glima...forgive her for making the fight worse." And then the Krookodile, "And that's Munin, we're grateful you helped." It seemed to Kaida, it was just as important to introduce her team as much as herself. Her voice had a dullness to it, barely giving away any sort of feeling, but her words were all sincere and truthful. [break][break]

"Did you get any guards? Feels a little pointless to have the one who "made this even possible" to be guarding it as well." Didn't you usually watch something so important?

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 18:19:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Kaida Adachi. The name rang through his head a few times, eyes studying her face, and only her face, so he could remember it when her name was brought up. Studying the rest of her in public like they were wouldn't go over well.

At least the crowd had cleared a bit. He was thankful for that, since it caused the tension to disperse a bit. He was grateful for that, and showed as much by relaxing. So much so that Daisy took a seat beside him instead of circling around him protectively.

Freddy, however, bounced in the air like Glima did, like he was trying to figure out the frog's emotions and mimic them. Curious things, beheeyems.

"Yes, we sent out something to the ranger station, but it came back void." Asher admitted with a frown. "It's why I took it upon myself to step it. The basic security wouldn't have been enough to handle the crowds without a little muscle to intervene."

Said guards were now telling people to get back to their seats and make their way politely back to the fights, before measures were taken against them.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 2:39:56 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida stared back as the man studied her face, mistakinghly believing there was an important point beyond simply memorizing her face. On her end, she noticed the clothing on the man appeared bright and...for lack of a better term, rich. Nothing she would see and even think of buying. His voice was at least memorable, alongside his Pokemon, she wasn't forgetting them anytime soon. [break][break]

"Heh, you must be lucky to have a Ranger wander into guard duty, then." She pointed towards herself, "I'm just here to check on the wild Pokemon around, I'm guessing we had no Rangers for guard duty." Not that it's really our job to protect civilians in the city, isn't that for the police? In her mind, the fact that the Rangers were understaffed and overworked was common knowledge, so she failed to elaborate, grunting as Glima slammed into her shoulder and clinged. The poisonous Pokemon was more than happy to play with the funny looking psychic, they were on the same eye level now! [break][break]

"How much were you willing to pay for a good guard?" Perhaps it was a rude question, but money was a necessity. Even hunting as much as they could, and living wherever they could sleep, Kaida still found other necessities beyond reach constantly. It would be a shame if she was denied a good job when she was already here for work she could complete in a day.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 2:54:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A good question indeed. He had overpaid for poor workers and underpaid for good workers. Same would go for beautiful company, which he would argue one couldn’t put a price on, since he easily got bored with individuals as suddenly as he found them interesting to begin with.

“Well, I suppose it would depend.” Asher began as he brought a hand to his chin in thought, holding its elbow with his other hand. “What... would you charge per hour?”

Not that he needed anybody to keep an eye on him. He and his Pokémon were plenty enough muscle, but it seemed as if Kaida was either in need of money or wanted an excuse to be around around him more.

Who was he to deny her either?

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 3:11:19 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida hadn't actually expected a positive reply out of that, much less one that seemed to imply that she might get something out of this after all. In her shock, she stayed silent a moment, seemingly thinking, and turned towards Munin, "I would say enough to feed Munin here for more than a week, but that's not a value...and it's very high." [break][break]

And here was where a weakness of hers started to rear up and make itself known. What was a reasonable amount she could ask for? For one thing, she knew her current pay tended to be low, but how far could one expect to push the pay? "Well, I can tell you I'm a good guard for this kind of thing," Her Pokemon tended to fall into the category of "intimidating", "What's good here...thirteen?" That would be good enough, anything was good enough as she was already being paid for another job, so she just blurted out any old number. It would be good enough.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 3:25:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Asher nearly choked on the air around him. To make it appear as if he hadn’t given as much of a reaction, he cleared his throat. As if contemplating.

Was thirteen considered a lot?! She seemed to be modest in her asking, so perhaps she was too scared to ask for what he thought her price should have been. In a sense, he hoped this proved a valuable lesson to her.

“Let’s say, I’ll pay you twenty an hour. Because you would be my own personal guard in that sense. And that’s if I feel I require one.” He waved his hand as if to be dismissive of the subject before pulling out his business card.

Asher Leivern on the front, his contact information in the back.

“Give me a call after this clears up and we can set something up. But for now, I’m going to get back to the fights.” Cue his charming smile. “I look forward to seeing you again, miss Adachi.”

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 18:41:52 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

She noticed the brief change in the man's demeanor, but kept her own face neutral on the subject. Good or bad, certainly something was approaching rapidly...and it was good! Her own face betrayed her shock as her eyes widened, mouth open for a second before it snapped shut. All that for a personal bodyguard!? [break][break]

Still, she took the card, of course she did! Regarding a job, she was already required to do much, and a simple bodyguard would not be difficult to be, nor did it sound like it would be difficult to intertwine with the rest of her duties. "Hm, well...thank you sir." Her lips pulled up in a small smile, "You will hear from me...soon, maybe." [break][break]

She only wondered what exactly he needed to be defended against...

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 19:18:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 75 pokedollars & 10 infamy.
[break]