part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
crash & burn [m]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 3:14:01 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

[]

The first thought that came to her head was the most reasonable one: this is stupid.

However, the second was entirely different. Katherine couldn't help but consider the challenge of the junkyard more seriously, if only due to the fact that the promised reward was a hefty one. She wasn't short on Pokedollars, obviously... But she'd also never say no to more. What self-respecting Rocket member would?

With Mimikyu as her partner of choice, Katherine had chosen to arrive late at night to the junkyard to do exactly what the advertisement asked of her - take out her anger on a ruined car until it is unrecognizable. Spook, the ghost-type, dragged herself across the ground sluggishly. Her expression hadn't changed.
It never does.

Kat's, however, does change when she notices a familiar place in the junkyard. What was doing here..?

"Hello."

bPAz1Ieb

tags:
notes: ---

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
crash & burn [m]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 21:28:26 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]had she asked marcel that question, she probably wouldn't have gotten a straight answer. to tell the truth, marcel wasn't too sure why he was here either. he'd always planned on some more intense training exercises for his pokemon, and the money wasn't exactly something he'd passed up; despite initial reservations, the challenge made more sense the more he thought about it.
[break][break]
a fellow rocket enters his vision. marcel smiles at the woman. "what a coincidence," he muses, adopting a polite friendliness. his gaze travels back to the car, his metagross already pulling back an arm in preparation to attack. "fancy teaming up? i reckon we've got a better shot at the prize that way."
[break][break]
maqmRvQ4

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
crash & burn [m]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 22:16:39 GMT

[]

Marcel's offer is an enticing one.

Katherine takes no more than a moment before a nod takes place, confirming her intentions. "I'd love that. I mean, it can't be that hard... But I suppose finishing early wouldn't be bad." A light smile touched at the woman's lips before her eyes drifted towards the car as well. Mimikyu remained stationary - almost as if unsure of her role here.

"You can start, Spook. We're here to destroy the car. You don't have to hold back."

With their expression never once changing, the ghost-type dragged herself slowly towards the car. Her tail grew with each movement, shrouded by a dark, purple aura. She waited for Metagross to make the first move and then began striking at the car with WOOD HAMMER.

"I was under the impression no one else would come here this late," This late into the night, most were already fast asleep. "What is keeping you up?" Despite the fact that Marcel was practically her boss, she saw no wrong in prying into his personal business.

C|uas|w7

tags:

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
crash & burn [m]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 1:41:40 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]his metagross doesn't hold back. a fearsome HAMMER ARM makes the first indent of many; marcel might have winced, were he not already used to his pokemon's strength.
[break][break]
he moves to stand by katherine so he can be heard over the clanging. "what?" he jokes, "a guy can't just come and smash up a car cause he feels like it?" dodging questions is a habit he's never learned to break--because he never tried, and because it was entirely his doing in the first place--but he supposes katherine can't be surprised, given his line of work. it was always safer keeping your cards to your chest; information could always be fed bit by bit if need be.
[break][break]
a glance at the car shows that their pokemon are making quick work of it. his metagross looks bored, if anything, one of the more sensible members of his team. marcel keeps his amusement to himself as he continues to watch.
[break][break]
7dehPRDf

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
crash & burn [m]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 21:39:55 GMT

[]

"I suppose if you were just any guy, it wouldn't have seemed so weird."

Her shoulders pull backward and roll in a shrug, "But you aren't exactly any guy, Kosuke." And Katherine just so happened to be more nosy than most. His attempt at dodging the question is certainly noticed-- but not acknowledged. She figured her boss had his reasons. And considering their line of work, there was a number of lines one could cross before a threat on their life was made.

Chain of command or whatever. She never cared for it too much.

Her Mimikyu continues to batter the car with an endless assault of WOOD HAMMERS, repeating the action after each blow of the steel-type.

"They both seem to be doing well so far."

It almost felt normal now for them to be here to crash a car.

TO|dTOfC

tags:

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
crash & burn [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 21:59:45 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]marcel acknowledges the statement with a grin. "is that a compliment?"
[break][break]
of course, katherine was right to be curious--he could respect her for that. that didn't make an answer any more likely, however. he settles for watching their pokemon make swift work of the car, an echo of its original shape, under the dents and crumpling of metal. "they are, aren't they?" his metagross is working hard, the strength of its METEOR MASHES has yet to falter.
[break][break]
after some silence, he throws the question back at her. "what's keeping you up, then?"
[break][break]
i|3z5gbS

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
crash & burn [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 17:50:54 GMT

[]

Katherine only smiles in response to Marcel's inquire, not confirming whether if she meant to compliment him or not. He could take it in whichever way he preferred.

The car is almost unrecognizable at this point. With each further blow that Metagross and Mimikyu provide, the closer it is to breaking entirely. At this point, it was only a matter of time. They undoubtedly managed to overcome this so-called 'challenge'.

"Just my thoughts," The violet-haired woman confesses. "Try living in a house with as many ghost-types as I do. The longer you stay inside, the crazier it feels." Mimikyu halted, pausing for a while before finally directing their attention to the car again.

"It got me thinking about Littleroot, that tree - everything." Katherine's eyes avert and focus elsewhere, the tone used remains hushed, and her words a whisper. "Do we know what was the deal with it? ..Am I even supposed to ask?"

Maybe she shouldn't be asking Marcel this.
But here she was. Asking.

n1nRLxE3

tags:

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
crash & burn [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 20:13:16 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]marcel offers katherine a kind smile. "there's nothing wrong with a little concern," he says, "it shows you're thinking." god knows he's run into enough rockets who charge around with so much as a second thought, it's one of the reasons he couldn't find himself completely averse to rocket's shifting of its ranks.
[break][break]
a particularly loud crash draws his gaze back to his pokemon. he continues without turning back. "though about littleroot, you don't need to worry. we completed our objective, so it's all under control."
[break][break]
VRamyjgh

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
crash & burn [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 0:16:14 GMT

[]

It was easier said than done.

You don't need to worry. But it wasn't like she could simply turn off a switch to rid her mind of her concerns. Victims aside, no one really knows what was the deal of that tree. Why it needed to be destroyed, why others felt compelled to protect it-- and naturally... It leaves her seeking more.

Katherine knew of the mentality of the organization she belonged to, she accepted it - and sometimes she even enjoyed it.
But the unanswered questions were beginning to pile up.

"It's all under control." The woman repeats slowly, eyes focused upon the ruined car. It could not be salvaged anymore, she figured. They completed their task. "..Right. Of course." Any doubt she might still hold is cast aside.
"I think we're done, Kosuke."

Mimikyu smashed the car with its tail one final time before turning to face his trainer.

"I'd better get going now. There's a bottle of vodka waiting for me at home." A final smile is offered by the Rocketess before she begins to take her departure, slow steps guiding her and Mimikyu out of the junkyard.

JaNIyWG6

tags:

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
crash & burn [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 20:02:03 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]he sends her off with a wave goodbye and a take care. once katherine is out of sight, he finally turns back to his pokemon, and the splintered carcass of a car beside it.
[break][break]
truth was, he knew far less about the littleroot incident than he would've liked to admit. he'd worn his contacts thin, spent nights at his computer, and still, their biggest clue seems to be the sample they retrieved. of course, it wouldn't have done any good to let katherine continue worrying. he can't help but feel responsible, as their superior, when issues of work bleed into their everyday life. he knew the feeling all too well, and it was never pleasant.
[break][break]
"they should pay me more for this," he sighs. clapping a hand on the top of his metagross, he leads the way out the junkyard. "come on, we're going back to the office." knowing him, he'd be sleeping there tonight.
[break][break]
a2TmYlug

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,169 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
crash & burn [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 21:17:23 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1x sparkling dust.[break]
bonus: 50 pokedollars, 1x gachapon ticket.
[break]