hear me drown, on my own [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 14:24:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","asher"]Admittedly, being in the outskirts wasn't unheard of for Asher. Being that he lived in Slateport, the outskirts was a place that he went to train. Currently, he had his hitmonlee out, practicing the kicks and punches.

The poor thing liked to fight nearly as much as Daisy liked to play.

There wasn't as much quiet as he could get going to a gym and renting the place out, but Asher didn't mind the lack of quite. As a matter of fact, the noise helped him feel less alone.

"That's a decent kick," Asher pointed out as he walked a bit closer, holding out a few pads for the pokemon to get a few hits on. "Let's try and learn control. In a sense, fake kicks, that can be used as a sort of taunt, before really bringing out the big guns. We need to reserve the energy for the big finishes."

[attr="class","ashertags"]

[newclass=.asher] margin-top: 15px; border: solid 1px #212121; border-radius: 1px; text-align: justify; font: 12px monospace; margin: 0 auto!important; padding: 40px; width: 320px; background-color: #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.asher b] color: #809874; font-weight: 300; font: 13px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.asher h1] font-size: 13px; font-style: italic; color: #809874; margin: 0px; display: inline; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ashertags] text-align:center; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ashertags a] text-transform: uppercase!important; font:bold 13px Rajdhani!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
282 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 15:11:05 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

Meanwhile, Arashi had taken to prowling around the Outskirts of Slateport, hoping that he could be able to find something that he could trade off for some extra money.

He did have a little left, but it was important that he hung onto it as much as possible because he didn’t know when he would be able to get money again after that quick car demolition thing.

I wonder if I can go do it again? It’s pretty lucrative, to say the least, he thought with a grin on his face as he was now looking for something—in fact, anything he could bring to a nearby pawnshop in order to get some additional money.

Ugh. He hadn’t eaten in a while, so…

Looking around, he noticed that there was someone—awfully familiar—who was watching a Pokémon practicing something that looked like a cross-up maneuver. Although the Pokémon was different, he was pretty certain he’d seen this person’s mug before—

“Is that you, Asher?” he called out, waving a hand in greeting at the older man.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 16:46:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Hm?" Asher turned his head away from the pokemon he was practicing with, right as there was a build up for an attack, without thinking, because his name had been called.

Ah, and his charisma was finally the reason for him to get kicked in the face. Karma really was a bitch at times.

The hit had him calling out, hitting the ground, and then he was laughing. Though his hitmonlee quickly got wide eyes and fawned over his new trainer, Asher waved him off and laughed.

"Yes! It's me, Asher!" He groaned and looked to his hitmonlee. "Great job bringing the power down at the last second," he slowly came to sit up and smiled at his hitmonlee. "I would have been in the hospital otherwise... sorry, that was pretty reckless."

He was trying to comfort the hitmonlee who was clearly experiencing some sort of panic attack.

close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
282 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 17:25:35 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

“Whoa! What the fuck, are you alright?!” he exclaimed as he quickly rushed over after witnessing what had happened—Asher had gotten decked, quite literally, by the Fighting-type that accompanied him.

“Is there anything broken?!” he exclaimed as he crouched down before looking between him and the Pokémon that was now trying not to go off the rails, so to speak.

“Sorry, sorry, it was my bad,” he explained as he sheepishly scratched the back of his head. “You live around here?” he asked the man as he cast another glance around the area. Sure, it wasn’t the best part of Slateport, but he always thought Asher had a nice place in Petalburg where they had initially encountered each other.

The Fighting-type had frame advantage there, that’s for sure. Imagine what would’ve happened if I hadn’t distracted him… crap, he thought to himself as he tried to help calm down the Hitmonlee. He had a derivative of this Pokémon, a very stern Hitmontop named Fu—who was an absolute beast in battle. Then again…

“Do you need ice or something? I can get some for you,” he offered.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 17:34:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"I'm alright, really, I'm fine. I'll bruise, which is a little annoying given the time of year." He admitted before shrugging his shoulders, rolling them back and ignoring how his back cracked.

"I'll need a trip to the chiropractor for sure, but." He looked to Arashi before moving to wrap an arm around his hitmonlee. "I'm fine. Just sore. I'll have to let him do all the fighting for me... speaking of." Asher blinked curiously.

"Wanna have a battle?" It was a friendly invitation. "I'd like to wrap my mind around this hitmonlee's fighting style, and I can't do that one on one now. But! A battle could be just right."

close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
282 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 17:58:06 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

“I didn’t know you were practicing with a Pokémon, sorry about that,” he apologized once more. “Are you sure you’re not going to need ice or anything for the bruises?” he asked once more. He was totally ready to go find an ice pack and come back here so he could ease the older man’s discomfort.

A few moments later he was asked if he wanted to battle. Is it a practice battle? Or are we going all out? He wondered quietly as he went through the options he had with him. Right now, he was carrying his usual team, and wondered if there would be any that would be a good match for the Hitmonlee in front of them.

“Eh, sure, why not?” he nodded, stretching his arms over his head. “Been meaning to give Luxu some practice anyway…” he trailed off, reaching into his pockets and pulling out a Dusk Ball. Popping it to full size, he then watched as the beam of red light transformed into a Salazzle, who began looking around curiously and scenting the air.

“Yeah, Luxu… this is for real. I know I haven’t practiced with you yet so… no hard feelings? he asked the female reptilian Pokémon, who was now making nice eyes at the Hitmonlee before turning to her companion with a surprised look.

“Come on, bump with me if you agree,” he gestured, holding out his right arm in a fist-bump gesture. Confused, the Salazzle then took a walk toward where he was, looking how his hand had been closed up and eventually mimicking it and tapping her closed fist against Arashi’s hand.

“She says she’s game. Where do we battle?