awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 1:30:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] So much for looking after his health. The brief break Fernando took with Blades & Bulwark opened up a new chapter in his life. After his doctor's recommendation, he took less hours, doled out more of his responsibilities, and made sure to keep up with his diet and sleep. Unfortunately, that all collapsed with the chaos that was Littleroot.

Fernando remains in the safety of his office, typing up another report while several unanswered direct messages flash on his left screen. A calendar reminder from overshadows them as his unexpected meeting draws closer to the agreed upon time. A call rings on his office phone and Fernando answers it via the speaker phone.

"If they're here for me go ahead and let them in."

His Tapu Fini remain motionless in one corner of the room, absently staring out of the window and toward Lilycove's coast.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 2:22:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xyzbackground"]
[attr="class","xyzwords"]

Asher had waited patiently at the front desk while the call was made. Once he was led in, he gave a warm smile to the Silph. He'd heard that there had been a lot of shit having to do with the man's health. He thought, having heard such things, that the meeting would be cancelled.[break][break]

"It's good to see you, Fernando." [break][break]

Asher felt as if they'd met enough times during business parties and other various investments of theirs, that they were on a first name bases. He might've called him Fernny once, but had resigned that for times when he had a bit more alcohol in his system. [break][break]

"I have to admit, I was a bit worried when I heard you were delegating most of your work out to employees." Knowing the Silph to micro-manage everything, dishing out work to employees was a last resort. "I'm relieved you're doing well enough to meet me in person." [break][break]

Charms aside, he truly was. [break][break]

tag.

[break][break]

[newclass=".xyzbackground] width: 350px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzpic] margin: 0 auto; opacity: .8; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzwords] text-align:justify; color: #aaa; font: 12px monospace; padding: 30px; text-indent: 1em; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords b] color: #809874; font-weight: normal; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h1] font: 13px monospace; font-style: italic; color: #809874; margin: 0px; display: inline; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2] display: inline; font: 12px monospace; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2::before] content:'✦ '; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords a] text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase!important; letter-spacing: 1px; font: 12px monospace!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 2:43:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Leivern."

There is both acknowledgement and a specific type of curtness in the way Fernando addresses Asher. He gives the man a nod, a sign to come in and take a seat. While less than obvious to some, Fernando has his own ways of dealing with others.

"I suppose rumors spread fast. Well, it can't be helped in this climate. Silph Co. is stable enough to run without me while the League has adopted a new set of figures."

Fernando tilts his head, minimizing his current screen and opening up his Porygon assistant.

"So what bring you here today, Asher?"

They both know on the surface what the agenda for today's meeting was but Fernando has yet to dig into the scope of what Leivern truly wanted.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 13:40:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xyzbackground"]
[attr="class","xyzwords"]

"A new set of figures." Asher repeated with a smirk. "If I didn't know any better, Ferny, I'd say you were a little salty over it all."[break][break]

But he did know better. Fernando enjoyed freedom as much as any other person would. Silph didn't make it easy for there to be freedom, unless of course you were one of the many bastards running around.[break][break]

And yes, He'd completely skipped past the whole, 'why are you here' bit. Because he knew that Fernando was made aware of why he was there. Why not socialize a bit?[break][break]

tag.

[break][break]

[newclass=".xyzbackground] width: 350px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzpic] margin: 0 auto; opacity: .8; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzwords] text-align:justify; color: #aaa; font: 12px monospace; padding: 30px; text-indent: 1em; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords b] color: #809874; font-weight: normal; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h1] font: 13px monospace; font-style: italic; color: #809874; margin: 0px; display: inline; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2] display: inline; font: 12px monospace; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2::before] content:'✦ '; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords a] text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase!important; letter-spacing: 1px; font: 12px monospace!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 5:42:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Thankfully, you do."

If there was any salt, it's sprinkled onto his words like basic seasoning. Having others try to read him is irksome inside itself but to divert the topic is nothing besides an obvious waste of time. Fernando's patience wears thin in the aftermath of failure and considering the new reports surfacing about the disaster in Littleroot.

"My time is an investment these days, Leivern."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 14:07:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Yes! Exactly, I'm so glad you mentioned."

Asher practically cooed, sitting up in his chair and watching what he knew to be a legendary in the corner of his eye. He wasn't one to enjoy the presence of legendaries, they made him anxious due to his history with them.

"Investments! I've heard you've been trying to branch away from the Silph company as an individual. I've been looking for partnerships," the billionaire shrugged his shoulders. "And I know you're good for it."

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font-size: 13px;
font-weight: normal; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 0:49:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Silph Co. is privatized and will remain that way in the foreseeable future."

There's no point in allowing investors to join in when there's little to gain. The fact that Fernando has ample means to monopolize League resources means that the government itself is his investor. Why play with the unknown when his safety is all but secured?

But there is an opportunity.

"However, is back on the scene and Devon is looking to renew several old contracts. I would love to diversify our portfolio beyond Silph and Devon."

It's rare for Fernando to genuinely smile but somehow it leaks.

"Have you met ?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 16:50:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]The name doesn't sound familiar to him, but he does make an effort to actually think about the question instead of immediately answering. After a moment, it dawns on him. He'd heard of Anderson by name, but that was it.

"He's to do with the rangers, isn't he? That's all I can relate the name with."

He wasn't really 'in the loop,' but then again, that was yet another reason he was speaking with Fernando. Because without rubbing it in Asher's face that he wasn't familiar with the area, Fernando would help him glean angles into the region.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 17:53:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Head Ranger. Well, one of them, anyway. Bit of a misnomer in hindsight."

Fernando considers his options carefully before casting the bait. "The Rangers are under a lot of obligation these days. As much as I try to trim our budgets, there's just not enough to go around. Using too much of my own funds would be a conflict of interest, unless I put in enough to make my investment a blatantly unwise financial decision on my part."

He pauses.

"But that same cannot be said for you. There are several opportunities we can extend to you and ensure you have a decent ROI. It wouldn't be too far out from letting you meet Lars in person. Naturally, extra personnel can serve as security should you need it." Fernando doesn't bat an eye. "Depending on the level of your contributions, anyway."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 18:28:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Asher's mind travels to his current 'muscle' he's collected. and . One a ranger, the other a seedy investment that assures him good standing. If he could get himself in decent standing with the rangers, he would be able to secure himself in the brighter side of the spectrum.

"I think you're spoiling me, Fernando."

Asher's words are followed by an accepting smile. He waved his hands out to the sides and stood, beginning to adjust his attire as he shifted from his sitting position, to standing.

"It's a beautiful investment. I'd be more than happy to secure a meeting with the head ranger. , was it?"

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 18:48:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando frowns inwardly at Asher's compliment. Whether it's genuine or just ass eating, he cares little about either.

"Do keep in mind, Leivern, not all of us are at the same capacity." There's no way to outright say it so Fernando tiptoes around what he actually means. "Some of them can be quite special."

"If they're kindness and obliviousness is abused—" he clasps his hands together. "I will hear about it."

Fernando fucking hates Hoenn and its inhabitants but it is still his home. The ship may be sinking but he'll do his damnest to make sure it floats as long as it can. What makes it hard are the people onboard drilling holes in the hull. All it takes is one large iceberg to tip the scales out of his favor.

That's why he he has to defend them.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 18:55:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]It was as if Fernando thought Asher was trying to take away one of his favorite toys. Asher had no desire to do so. Sure, he was making himself a very comfortable living. The Rangers, however, were a political investment and that meant that they weren't going to give him very _much_ in return for his contributions.

Even 'muscle' wasn't necessary for Asher, once he got his team moved over more. But that process was taking too long for his liking. Ah, customs and regional limits.

"I'm not going to abuse my investments. I've never been much for tolerating the abuse of people."

For whatever reason, he held humans on a higher standard than pokemon. This was so deeply rooted into his core, that it showed in the investments he made. He judged people on their personalities and impressions, not on their pokemon.

"Their funds are nearly non-existent and that much I understand. So long as I'm not going 'bottoms up' on this investment, I'll continue to contribute how I can. Rangers don't just keep the pokemon safe, they keep the people protected."

That was really all he could ask for.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 19:03:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Good. We're at an understanding."

Fernando uncurls his fingers and relaxes. Not really, but that's the impression he gives when his shoulders slacken and he leans back. "I wouldn't say non-existent. Anderson will tell you otherwise but if resources are managed correctly, there'd be more than enough to make due. But not everyone is me."

It sounds condescending but there's truth in the statement. How to accomplish a lot with minimal resources was a Silph special.

"Glad to hear it. I'll see if I can get you two introduced. Feel free to send your schedule to my secretary."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 13:44:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"If she wasn't taken, I'd send more than just my schedule."

Asher's comment, oddly enough, wasn't said in perversion. He had a way about him, when complimenting anybody, that showed he genuinely thought they were beautiful. Like one might admire a landscape, or any beauty of nature.

Everything's some for of a creature in the end. Something he's learned in his many years of self-philosophy.

"Speaking of secretaries," Asher began before looking to Fernando and putting his phone away, he'd sent the schedule as asked. "There was a blonde girl that was passing through in Kalos when I was there. She was a very bright girl, and, imagine my surprise when we had you in common. Apparently she hailed from here originally and has been traveling around, making sure that each of the other regions, Kanto aside for obvious reasons, aren't getting unusual activity."

"Either way, she reports things are going well, and there might have been mention of missing you terribly." Asher gave a warm smile. That darling girl, .

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESUMPTUOUS
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 21:48:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando hides his grimace well. Just hearing that line in practice is enough to make him cringe. Repulsion crawls through his ears and nibbles on the ticklish side of his collar. It's hard to remain stoic and Fernando breaks the leak by muffling a cough. There might not be an intent at perversion but to think someone had the audacity to lay claim to something he owns? Disgusting.

Mentioning Francie would have been a red alarm. Fortunately, Asher keeps his details vague and it's just enough to get Fernando to latch onto his hook. "Sounds like someone I know. Did you catch a name?" That description isn't too particular but he has a good idea of two or three people it could be. Francie is at the top of the list but to pinpoint it to just one person is too coincidental.

Fernando likes his precision.