8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 5:50:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "At the time."

The weather plays a huge part in shrouding the mask. Raindrops cause his eyes to wince as they drip past his brows. How much of it is a tell versus braving the rain and winds. "It's been a while since then." The implication is obvious. "Naturally."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 5:59:31 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
hm. the wince is registered as nothing more than a reaction to the weather. alexander weighs his options, careful with his words.

"they were true then." 

the rumors, their relationship, all of it. the proposal, however, remains a secret to all but one. it's amusing how it just so happens to be another silph. more amusing how she still has the ring.

"i'm surprised cece never told you."

/ [x]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 6:12:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]That's news to him. But Fernando doesn't flinch. It's not surprising for his siblings to keep secrets. Well, they're not really secrets if you considering their life style. He's the only true Silph for a reason.

"I try to keep out of their lives." He blinks, wiping away the water. "Unfortunately, others won't let me."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 7:11:43 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"but they're family." 

which means little to fernando, that much he is sure of. still, he says it if only to provoke a reaction. 

"have you heard from her?"

/ [x]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 21:32:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"They're adults." Fernando tone is sharp in his correction. Family means little to Fernando because he has none. Their relationship shares no blood and even if it did, that's a trivial reason to become attached to someone. The only people he considers family are those who have forged those relationships through time and effort.

"Yeah. She doesn't stay anywhere for too long. She's in Galar, looking for her family lineage. Chances are, she's long lost Galarian royalty."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 5:00:51 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
hearing of cecelia, no matter how miniscule in detail, brings a soft smile to his features; it is a smile that he makes no effort of hiding. he leaves it up to fernando to interpret it how he might.

"it would be fitting for her." 

and just as quickly as it appeared, the smile soon fades in place for something more somber.

"i read you were involved in the littleroot incident."

/ [x]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 9:19:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Whatever infatuation Stone has with either of his sisters is of no concern. Fernando sticks to his guns and away from the life of his siblings. Much like Stone stays out of theirs, but that's more of an effort from the blacksheep of the Devon family than anything else.

"Not as involved as I would have liked."

By now Fernando is drenched. Wet clothes sticks to skin and the cold runs like ice against his skin. It helps calm his temper when confronted with the failures that should've never been.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 15:36:50 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"then you don't need me to tell you what a disaster it was." 

three confirmed deaths. more than a dozen injued. and even more pokemon-related statistics that make him question a lot of things. he narrows his eyes, braces the weather, and speaks a truth.

"many are saying how incompetent we are and honestly i agree with them. the incident could have very easily been avoided."

/ [x]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 19:44:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Indeed."

Fernando's no stranger to the news. The fact that it happens infuriates him. It makes him question everything he's worked for. There must be something deeper but there's no evidence for him to act on it. That's why he spends so much time trying to create a consistency plan.

"It's unfortunate that it's considered a League incident when there I was the only League representative."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 4:39:23 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"the only official league representative. but there were others there on their own accord." 

others with no warrant, no jurisdiction. it raises the question of their intentions: if good, then how much blame can be placed on the league and their objectives for possibly influencing them? 

"why do you think they were there?"

/ [x]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 7:51:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"No idea. Every reason I've heard reeks of the same critiques they so readily deserve."

Can the media be at fault if they're technically correct. None of the reasons that Fernando has heard have made any sense. Unfortunately, the reason that matters the most has been all but eliminated. It's not like he can talk to the dead. Well, technically, he can, he just doesn't know it yet.

"Incompetency at its best."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 8:01:02 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"indeed." 

the oddity of them being in agreement is not lost on him but it is one he learns to value. the only way they can fix an issue so deeply rooted in their institution is to uproot it altogether. that, or simply sow elsewhere.

"but not everyone is incompetent. it might take some time to wade through those who are but i'm sure they exist. i believe more focus should be put on finding them. they could prove to be exactly what we need." 

/ [x]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 8:06:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"The issue isn't that we lack competency. It's that incompetency is so prevalent across our ranks."

They may agree on the core issue but their method in solving it splits into a crossroad. Naturally, they each take different stances. Life would be too easy if their views melded together in harmony. Hence their rivalry, representations of their values and how they come to solve their issues.

"We cannot just cull out everyone except the few polished gems that we already have. We need to make that the standard so that every member can reach that sense of accomplishment."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 8:13:15 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"and how long would that take?" 

thunder cracks above them though the rumble is nothing in comparison to the one present on the beach. they almost fall too naturally into opposing stances.

"incompetency will always choose to ignore the standard set as it has done in the past. expecting anything different now is hopeful at best."

/ [x]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
saareke [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 8:21:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Incompetency will always find a home in times of duress."

To dream of a circumstance where incompetency is eliminated is both foolhardy and spoiled. Even Silph Co. is not immune to its effects. Fernando considers his own company as clean cut as an empire can be but there's enough of a supply to allow him to be the picky. The same cannot be said for the government.

"It's only allowed to breed because those responsible for it hold high office."