2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
raz pls post i need u for endeavors [c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 2:51:27 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"lucas!" he shouts as he comes near. on his arm, he carries his shroomish.

priam crashes at the gates and slams himself on it once he realizes that it was locked. it was nothing relevant enough though, as he quickly recovers and goes to where the intercom at the gate was. he presses the push to talk button and starts to file his complaints.

"when are you moving out of evergrande? this place is so far away from the mainland and it sucks when you tell me to visit!" he turns around and tries to look beyond the gate, only to see lucas' neighbor's pokemon. "plus your neighbor's pokemon are looking at me funny."

he mashes the doorbell until the head scientist wakes up. there had been moments where he was all alone in the pavement in front of his mansion cause lucas had been asleep. he was later told that there were people procreating inside that time, but he doesn't buy the excuse.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 6:23:59 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas unlocks the display case and gingerly takes each rock out. Careful not to get any fingerprints on them he wears a pair plastic white gloves. As he raises a brush to begin dusting them a voice rings through a speaker on the wall. Sighing Lucas places his beloved rock back in its display case and pulls off his gloves.

"Stop ringing the bell Priam!" Lucas pleads over the mic. "Noelle is still sleeping." He pushes a button on the console pad which make the front gates swing open. "Don't touch Bailey's pokemon either, they might bite you." Lucas pictures a killer spheal swallowing Priam's whole arm in one bite. A chilling thought.
[break]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 13:00:32 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"oh shit!"

as soon as the gates open, priam makes a mad dash inside, afraid of how bailey cooper's spheal will manage to swallow him whole because of how fat and spherical it was. it was why he has his shroomish out of its ball for self defense, just in case.

priam goes straight to the mansion doors to knock multiple times -- hard.

"lucaaaaas," he called from the outside, still knocking. "didn't you say we're getting a battle done so you can train for that one moment?!"

whether it was a gym, since he'd been told that lucas has been tackling gym battles here and there on his free time, or just to prepare himself for a raid at bailey cooper's house, priam knew it was definitely a very decisive moment one way or another. and he was very nice to let the old man practice with him!

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 17:49:29 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas watches through a camera as Priam mad dashes through his gate. He closes it near immediately and rushes to the door. There was another doorbell there too. He had no doubt if he wasn't at the door within a minute it too would be spammed.

The head scientist opens the door. "Yeah yeah of course I did. I just sorta forget and was cleaning my rocks instead," he admits with a sigh. "But you're here now! So lets get started." Lucas moves away from the doorway and begins to quietly make his way through the halls.

"If you're hungry you can grab something from the kitchen," Lucas mentions as he passes it. If Priam doesn't stop he proceeds to the doors that lead to his backyard and battle area.
[break]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 17:55:03 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam bolts for the kitchen this time and takes the first thing his hands got a hold of: a slice of applin pie. he hopes that his kitchen did not burn down while he baked it, or that he didn't suffer a durant infestation.

with the slice of pie at his hands, he finally slows down to focus on the more important things. his shroomish drops from his hold to the ground and lands with a soft sound. priam doesn't seem to mind her though.

with eyes on lucas, he watches him from his door, still busy trying to eat the pie. "etf mrph mph!" he mumbles with a full mouth.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 6:41:31 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Resting on a table next to the backdoor is a single pokeball. It was placed there earlier in the day in preparation for Priam's arrival.

"So you started looking at apartments yet?" Lucas scoops up the pokeball before sliding the door open. "I can drive you around to look at potential ones." He steps out onto tile work that lines the back of the house. Separating the tile work and the battle area is a long section of grass.
[break]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 18:48:21 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam quickly swallows his food when he was prompted with an question. he chokes, forcing him to get back inside the kitchen and flush down the food with running water from lucas' sink. he quickly runs back to the back door.

"yeah! they're all expensive!" priam answers with a shout. "i knew there's a reason why everyone in the neighborhood got fancy houses!"

he can probably afford to live in one if rocket jobs were plenty and more available, but with the recent mission done, he was told to cool off until everything settles down.

"do you know any place that's, like, normal people prices?"

the shroomish gets nudged to take her spot on the battle field, ready to fight whatever lucas' pokemon was.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 19:41:47 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas walks over and takes his place on the battlefield when Priam runs back inside. Board he takes out his phone and opens instagram. He swipes through the countless rock photos that were in his feed. Just as Priam arrives he slips his phone away.

"No not really. Haven't really looked into apartments around here. But I can help you after the battle."

Lucas releases an archen from the pokeball he picked up earlier. It's barely taller than the shroomish at the opposite end of the field.

"So do you want to fight on the count of three for this? Or just sorta take turns?"
[break]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 7:45:10 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
given a choice, priam answers with the manliest answer of the two. "pfft! we take turns, of course! nothing's more manlier than that!" he retorts.

"and can my pay even cover the prices for the rent?" he asks, perhaps too candidly to someone who he'd consider his boss soon.

priam turns to the shroomish on his feet, who tilts her head upwards to look at priam. "leech seed," he orders.

the grass-type has no reason but to fire off seeds at the archen in an arc. each one was quick to sprout once they manage to latch on to the target to effectively drain energy. "gotta catch 'em all!" priam tells lucas' bird.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 0:56:43 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Of course!" Lucas was offended that Priam had to ask. As long as he wasn't a league security guard he would be well compensated for his work.

When Priam striked Lucas wasn't expecting it. "Oh wait wait wait I didn't know we were starting," Lucas grabbed a piece of neatly folded paper from his pocket. His pokemon got ravaged as he read paper. The seeds that didn't end up in archen's mouth grew and spread thin root-like tendrils over its body.

A finger ran down the list of moves written on the paper as Lucas thought. "Dragon breath!" Despite the battle's rough start Lucas called out the command with confidence. Archen spewed a purple flame towards the shroomish.
[break]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 19:28:26 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam would have yelled 'dodge it' to suddenly give his pokemon the brain cells to have some sort of self-preservation in them, but he didn't, because his female shroomish is a man and doesn't back down from any challenges.

the fire hits the shroomish, but it doesn't burn it because it's a fake ass fire. the shroomish exaggerates the pain of being burnt before the energy being fed back to it from the leech seed heals it. only then does it realize that it doesn't hurt as much as it would've expected.

"toxic!"

a blob of poison gets fired at the archen entangled by roots. it's going to look like one of those fucked up seagulls during oil spills with how the sludge is going to drench it in some kind of viscous material.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 19:39:01 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas couldn't believe how minuscule the damage his archen inflicted was. The archen's seller promised Lucas that the attack was a fire move when he demonstrated it. After this battle was said and done Lucas was going to leave a devastating review on their yelp page.

"Is this one of those cross-up hitstun stall strategies kids are into these days?" Lucas asked as his archen opened its mouth wide to swallow the toxic. There was a reason why these pokemon had gone extinct.

"Crunch!" The archen rushed towards shroomish with its mouth agape
[break]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 19:47:15 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"a what?"

priam was actually poor enough to not have experienced an actual fighting game that didn't involve real life fist on other real life people's faces so he doesn't know the meaning of those terms. he cannot even google them to look for their meaning of fighting game jargon so he can use it in a sentence properly.

"whatever that is, if it's that good, then yeah! i'm using that super powerful, incredible, tactical strategy! watch this... seed bomb!"

the shroomish was doing whatever noise shroomishes make when the mouth of the archen covers half of its head-body thing. as it is in the process of trying to eat a whole ass mushroom, the shroomish fires off seed bombs.

it explodes and the explosion radius covers the both of them.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 21:02:15 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

When archen failed to bite through the shroomish it opts for Kirby's inhale technique. Since archen wasn't a video game character it worked very poorly for it. So bad in fact it began to choke on the shroomish.

The seed bombs explode down archen's gullet and manage to expel the choking hazard.

"Thanks for the help. Little guy was struggling." Archen stood gagging over the shroomish. "Dragon breath!" Between gags archen exhaled a dragon breath so pitiful it would put any dragon clan member to shame. It wasn't shameful for Lucas though, since they didn't allow him in.
[break]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 17:15:15 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the shroomish has been taking each dragon breath in the face every time. had it not been for the leech seed recovery, it probably would've been near dead.

fortunately, priam has a plan (surprise).

"use your final smash!"

music plays in the background, or at least in priam's head, as everything falls asleep with spore with peach blossom. a bunch of flowers appear, and the shroomish headbutts each of them to recover her health.

the final headbutt goes to the rock bird. it hurts the shroomish's head because it's made out of rock probably.