marcel maeda
nowhere [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 15:29:43 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]kanto is a place for mourning.
[break][break]despite the efforts to rebuild, there's little familiarity in these streets. it would never be the same place as when marcel first flew over, grief-heavy heart dragging behind. no amount of construction would hide this unease, this safety they had ruined.
[break][break]
kanto had died, and left an underworld in its wake.
[break][break]
marcel smooths out his shirt, slightly rumpled from the flight. he'd caught up on some sleep, at least. "admiring your work?" he asks, contemptuously.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: mission

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
nowhere [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 20:56:31 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 his face is awash in colour - red neon lights and dark shadows.

"our work," dominic corrects, slowly turning to marcel. there’s something in the air, something about how he moulds to the streets and alleys, something about remaking kanto per their blueprint. it emboldens him; it’s clear in the flicker of mania in his eyes.

dominic steps closer to marcel, effortlessly threatening in his approach. "this is our legacy, and now it’s your kingdom. act like it," he snarls.

marcel can’t run forever - he’s shown he’s unwilling to do it.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
nowhere [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 1:01:40 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]perhaps it is kanto, or perhaps it is the new life in dominic, but marcel steps back in the face of his approach. a tandem that says more than he wanted to reveal. marcel shoves his hands into his pockets, a scowl heavy on his brow. "you're not my boss anymore, dominic," he bites back.
[break][break]
rattled by his own frustrations, he steps around the other rocket to continue ahead down the road. while dominic's made fervid by the site of their victory, he can only feel a sinking pressure. the sooner they got out of here, the better.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
nowhere [m]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 17:49:02 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic raises his eyebrows in feigned surprise. "oh?" the exclamation is laced with a grim amusement. it’s almost worse when he smiles.

as marcel passes him, dominic turns and follows him a step behind - a ghost in his wake.

"i’m not your boss, but you’re going to listen because you owe me so very much," he hisses at the back of marcel’s neck. dominic feels his features contort to a snarl and makes no attempt to hide it.

"old man kelley and i gave you an out, and you come back and spit in my face. is that it, marcel?"

he didn’t always, but dominic thinks he’s starting to understand. maeda, wolfe, raskolnikov - they all suffer from the same affliction; guilt, shame, a festering weakness.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
nowhere [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 0:29:19 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]the first breath on his neck has marcel reaching for his phone. he presses a button along the edge and his rotom silently whirrs to life. on standby. a reflexive, cautionary movement because the both of them know marcel is no fighter.
[break][break]he turns against his will--a threat in sight is better than one at his back--and mimics that same false surprise dominic had thrown at him earlier. "this isn't about you," he says, "just like how that shit you pulled with blackwell wasn't about anyone but you."
[break][break]
dominic wasn't selfless, but he had gotten bored. it's the only conclusion he can reach, with his pieces of the story. marcel's perception of dominic had never changed since their time in kanto, and nothing the man had done would ever suggest otherwise.
[break][break]
(who could be grateful for that?)
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
nowhere [m]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 20:08:12 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic’s eyes narrow as he watches marcel reach to his pocket. call it self-preservation; his muscles tense and his first impulse would have been to seize the man’s wrist but some latent restraint allows him to stay his hand. the words that follow make dominic’s gaze flicker back to marcel’s face, and when he cocks his head to the side his expression turns inscrutable.

"do you really believe that or are you just pretending to be dense?" he says after a moment. for a fleeting second the hostile edge had bled from his tone to be replaced by something bordering on ruminative.

silas’s self-destructive deathwish would have seen them all die: it wasn’t ambition, it was a misguided and all-consuming mania against which dominic measures all his actions. the fact that only he, kelley, and raskolnikov were ever aware of the depths of silas’s depravity - if only due to their stations and mere proximity - leaves a bitter feeling on the back of dominic’s tongue.

"yeah, it’s about me, and you. i did my job perfectly, and now it’s time for you to do yours."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
nowhere [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 12:32:05 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]he falters, as he always does--marcel has never been sure in himself. dominic's first statemnt goes unanswered. while he resented the higher ranks of rocket, he had never let himself pry too deep--too much pain for someone who only wanted to get by. fear and a want for ignorance kept his head down. he'd been biding his time.
[break][break]
and his chance had come, in the end. it pains him to think he had dominic to thank for it, but the fact hardly mattered now. he was back--for good, probably.
[break][break]
"what do you think i'm trying to do?" he snaps back, defensive yet unsure. he didn't need dominic berating him, he had his own way of doing things.
[break][break]marcel pulls out his phone and begins typing in the first address they're supposed to be checking, not wanting to hear whatever response dominic had to offer.[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.methread b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
nowhere [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 13:40:24 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic watches marcel’s features darken and catches the sense of a lingering uncertainty. a half-smile unfurls slowly across dominic’s lips and is gone just as quick as it came. "i’m not sure yet," he says after a beat.

which is the essence of the problem, really; rocket administration is in shambles, the events in littleroot are a testament to that fact. in truth, the only people he has confidence in are marie, eva and, reluctantly, marcel.

"god, you’re making that face," dominic says with a sigh that straddles the line between amused and exasperated. he rubs his eyes with the back of his hand while marcel types into his phone.

"look marcel. of course i’m bothered when all we have is new blood and weak links. don’t take it so personally."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
nowhere [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 16:15:56 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]"what face?" he counters with none of his usual patience. their route finally loads, a blue line darts along the map before stopping at their destination. he tries retyping the address, because it wasn't as close as he was expecting, to (unsurprisingly) no avail. whatever, he supposed he could do with time to cool off.
[break][break]
"doesn't matter," he says, holding up his phone to flash the travelling distance, "let's just get moving. the longer we're out here the more likely someone's gonna try and rob us." it's part excuse, part truth. the crime rate was horrendous in kanto--and their kingdom or not, he doubted anyone would stop to check who they were. still, marcel didn't doubt that dominic and him would be able to hold their own. especially when most people here were petty criminals.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.methread b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
nowhere [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2020 16:47:43 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 the smile returns to his face, though this time tinged with thinly veiled self-satisfaction. dominic inclines his head back and watches marcel busy himself with his rotom-phone through half-lidded eyes for a long moment - he’s forced to concede that the conversation is over.

whatever, he’ll mock marcel over his pouting another time because surely the opportunity will present itself while they’re stuck together in kanto.

"lead the way, boss," dominic says with none of his usual sharpness. "don’t want you getting twitchy on me."

as they make their way down the roads - twisting and familiar, awash in red light and neon - dominic feels a heavy sensation settling somewhere between his throat and chest. he recognises it as homesickness.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,834 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
nowhere [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2020 22:54:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1x gachapon ticket.
[break]