marcel maeda
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 16:50:17 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]his first intention had been to ask if the lab work even existed, but marcel quickly grew impatient and checked that out himself. priam hadn't been lying about that, at least. his next had been to ask him why he lied, but priam could have easily turned the question on him. to ask why he was still with rocket had similar downfalls.
[break][break]
there was a lot he wanted to ask priam, and nothing at the same time. marcel's still conflicted when the bell signals company, so his espeon does the grace of greeting their visitor.
[break][break]
"you know," he finally says, "a bookstore's one of the last places i thought you'd want to visit." this seemed too mundane, too boring, for him.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 13:22:48 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam outstretches his hand downwards and waves at the espeon before turning and locking the door. he flips over the sign and voluntarily 'closes' the bookstore for marcel. there weren't any other customers, but even if there were, it could easily be remedied with a simple razzle dazzle.

"didn't you know that i'm-- as what others would call it-- an intellectual,"
he'd cheekily adds, shifting his non-prescription glasses.

priam's own espeon balances precariously on his shoulders, eyeing marcel's own from below. the blue-haired teen pays no mind on the pokemon, and instead places the plastic bag containing cake slices hanging from his fingers on the counter.

he settles two boxes on top of the bookstore counter as well as the utensils. as soon as he stops, he whips towards marcel immediately, face contorting from his usual jovial expression to a mixture of emotions.

"first of all, what the fuck?!"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 21:37:47 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]marcel doesn't argue when priam flips over the sign. that was probably for the best--he could be himself now, at least. he only realises he's tensed up when his espeon brushes against him soothingly.
[break][break]
but he relaxes at the joke, even smiles when priam makes a show adjusting his glasses. the nuances of his expression, his body language, are controllable out of habit--without knowing it, he's retreated undercover again. the boxes are set out, and he quickly latches onto the distraction. he--
[break][break]
"first of all, what the fuck?"
[break][break]
"watch your language," he shoots back instinctively. his espeon sits by priam's feet, peering up at its mirror image. "and you're have to be more specific." he had to figure out what the best answer would be for this...outburst.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 15:40:14 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam covers his mouth before sliding it down slowly to a chuckle. "oh, oops. hehe." it had been a while since a fellow rocket told him to mind his manners.

at least it managed to distract him from the whirlwind of thoughts in his head, calming him down from the outburst. he rests an upright arm on it, his head leaning on his palm as he takes a knife and cuts a portion of the slice.

"you joined rocket again after you were out. that's kinda dumb, right?"

he sticks a fork at the separated portion of the cake and takes it to his mouth. he covers it with his hands again, careful not to spill any crumbs, as an exaggerated expression of bliss gets painted on his face as he savors the pastry.

priam chews some, but he quickly adds in a muffled voice from chewing. "oh, right. language. uh, that's kinda... not a smart move, i think."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:37:09 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]"it's complicated." is the only answer he offers. though he considers elaborating for a moment, he soon decides against it in favour of cutting himself a slice of cake. "aren't you glad i'm back?" it's partly rhetorical, and entirely to lighten the mood some, but marcel would be lying to say he wasn't interest in an answer.
[break][break]
he takes a bite of cake but, unlike priam, he waits until he's finished chewing before he speaks up again. "how about you?" he cuts off his next bite a bit rougher than intended, the fork making a quiet thud once it cut through. "what happened to being a--" he stops to try and recall the words "--respectable member of society?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 18:35:02 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"well, kinda." majority of people within the organization were driven by self-preservation and having one other person he can trust his back with was nice, but the implication of worrying about one more person goes against such values that priam had always been reminded to uphold for his own sake. "but getting out of rocket is good, right?"

on the other hand, being in rocket was exciting. marcel did not seem the kind of person to be an adrenaline junkie though. priam wonders if he was a masochist instead.

"hey! i'm getting an actual job this summer! that's, like, respectable enough!" priam chews on his fork before trying to cut another portion of the cake. "it's probably boring though. not as exciting as rocket labs. i get to beat up stuff when they told me i can help!"

he turns his attention from his food back to marcel as he asks another question.

"what's with you and this job though? you really dedicated for a different identity?" though priam was genuinely curious, the hint of teasing on the tone makes it seem as if he wasn't serious.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 16:45:47 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]marcel's disapproval is clear enough on his face, he doesn't feel the need to voice it too. he takes another forkful of cake as a preventive measure, because he was tempted. not that his words would get through to priam, anyway.
[break][break]
"didn't you know i'm an intellectual?" he drawls, echoing priam's words. "i don't know, priam, i just picked something at random." stores in general were good talking places. his regulars told him about their day and, sometimes without even knowing it, happened across information of use to him. it helped that books were easy stock, didn't go off like food did.
[break][break]
"it's a nice break," he admits after some more cake. the conversation's pushed forward before priam can pry any further, "what's this job, anyway?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 18:50:30 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
it was marcel quoting him that gets more reaction from priam, almost choking on his food when he repeats the words he had told him earlier. he slams his fist on the surface of the counter and swallows it through sheer force of will.

"remember when i told you i was working for some scientist? i was just feeding his fish and house sitting back then." he'd drop a name, but he wasn't sure if it was relevant to the topic anyways.

"i'm being an actual assistant after i lost my job from that tree incident! should be easy enough since i actually helped with rocket's own experiments."

he flashes a grin at marcel, before quickly looking down and scratching his head. "wait, those would be different things..." he realizes too late.

one was government sanctioned research, while the other was definitely illegal as well as immoral.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 11:16:14 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]"i'm sure you'll be fine," he reassures him. any job seemed better than working with rocket, there was no need to say anything that may put priam off. finishing his slice of cake, he soon cuts himself another. "is that what the cake's for? your new job?"
[break][break]
he did seem the type to take any reason to celebrate. then again, priam probably didn't need an excuse to buy cake if he wanted it.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 16:58:53 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam grins at marcel when he questioned the cake. he takes a small portion and finishes it in his mouth quick before answering.

"oh, this? i just wanted to try it with someone! dom and zach and eli probably don't like sweets and eva's busy with the samples right now so i can't disturb her." he glances outside the store, trying to see if the stall was visible. it wasn't. "i just passed by this new cake shop at the end of this street, so yeah!"

for a moment, priam stops. he finds himself getting distracted, and before he does, he wants to at least tries to learn something from marcel. beating around the bush wasn't really his style.

"so, are you not telling why you're back? i can drop it if you want." priam's voice drops to a less excitable tone.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 18:31:43 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]marcel registers each name he lists off with some curiosity (and in some cases, disapproval). priam really needed some friends his age. he nods at the mention of the store, having passed it himself a few times. the cake's pretty good, he'll pay a visit himself at some point.
[break][break]
when priam brings them back to what he thought was a topic passed, he has to hold back a wince. "no, i--" he stops. "you're--" too young, but priam would probably argue with that. marcel distractedly breaks up his cake as he thinks.
[break][break]"sometimes...it's hard for people to make changes." he puts down his fork before his cake's demolished entirely. "i don't know, i guess i kind of missed it in the end." the explanation didn't sit quite right, but it's the best he's got at the moment.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 10:04:24 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam looks down, forms, and gets his head back up, looking at marcel with a shrug of his shoulders.

"that's normal, i guess." marcel wasn't the only person he knew that returned to rocket despite despising them before. "i feel you though."

priam takes another bite of the cake, covering his mouth with his hand to prevent crumbs from falling out as he chews while he talks.

"okay, that's all i wanted to know," he affirms.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 19:37:06 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]he smiles at priam's response, though his expression quickly settles into something more unimpressed as he watches him eat. "for god's sake," he says with an exasperation only half sincere. pulling open a draw, he takes out a box of tissues and places it on the counter. "i'm gonna have to vacuum the place after you leave, you know."
[break][break]
still, he couldn't say he minded too much.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 15:43:36 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he responds to his smile with a grin, mischief causing his eye to wink.

"that vacuuming's gonna be worth it," he prefaces. "cake's nice. your company's very very very nice. we can even make this a weekly thing if you want!"

priam tries to finish the last bits of his cake in one go, filling his mouth with every last crumb. a hand tries to catch any stray crumb that may have fallen from his mouth in the midst of his chewing, showing attempt to be clean.

"mrph mph phrm," he tries to talk with a full mouth.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
idle [c]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 20:50:19 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]marcel doesn't bother holding back his sigh. his espeon begins to move, curiously sniffing at the crumbs by priam's feet, before marcel hooks a foot around the pokemon and gently pulls it back.
[break][break]
as he struggles to make out the rest of priam's words, a small smile settles on his face. "yeah, i'd like that," he answers, "i'll pay next time."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay