Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 1:45:38 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Shit. Who was Lars talking about? Panic flashed in her eyes until the words "Councilman Silph" finally was uttered. "So he does not like me." She stated it like it wasn't obvious, a simple fact for her to observe. They had battled once, and she both thought he was skilled and unskilled. Perhaps it was the same way a Pyroar hide its intent to hunt until it actually intended to hunt. A terrifying thought. [break][break]

In any case, as Kaida took the paper, she thanked whatever instinct had told her to capture a Charmander, now the impressive Muspel frolicking outside. If she were to be unseen, being able to fly was a huge help. I'm sorry Muspel, it looks like I might need you now. [break][break]

She took the paper hurriedly and looked over it. Faces might evade her, but she considered herself good at this. If she lost it, there would be no doubt she would have it memorized by then. "What do you think they will do, if they see me? Just...an example." She was always aware she was the smaller, the assumed to be cruel, cold, simple, savage. They were at least right about the savage part. She needed no home, and hiding from predators was her pack's specialty. There was only so many ways a small creature with only fangs could defend itself. Hiding and ambush were their true forms of action. "I'll be sure to let you know, instinct is what helps us survive." There were mistakes made by instinct, but they were negligible. The alternative was ignoring the instinctual "gut feeling", and being wrong on ignoring typically meant injury or death. She didn't plan on ignoring instinct, espicially on the part of a leader. [break][break]

"Her name is Selena Desmarais." She brought up quickly, still staring at the paper as she spoke, "Journalist...I don't think she is hard to find, she didn't seem like she would be quiet about the tree...but I don't know how to contact her. Didn't think we'd ever need her like this."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Here we go!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 3:23:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was seeing red—and it was alarming.

The memory of talking with the other man was still ringing in his ears. Even if he’d played it as coy as he possibly could, there was still something… something very, very wrong with the way he had approached the questions about the supposedly-dead figure who was very much alive and well in front of him.

“The one thing I am certain he will do is corner you and question you relentlessly, he spoke with a grim tone in his voice. “He’s done it to me recently. Even if he sounded like he was just acting coy, I don’t know… there’s something like—like an alarm going off in my head, telling me to abort and do not engage, there’s just… I can’t put my finger on it,” he explained as he stopped spinning the pen and placed it down on the table in front of them.

He had to think, and think very carefully for a few moments. He was now trapped in a larger-than-life game of chess and he was playing the losing side. There was no way he was going to give up, though.

Hah, it’s not like I have the balls to cancel any future meetings with him… let’s see how long I can play this dangerous game around him… he thought as a grim look spread across his features.

At the mention of a name, he then snatched up the pen once more and scribbled down the name that had been provided.

“Searching for someone with a name should be easy for me,” he remarked as he tilted his head her way. “Whatever you do, be careful—especially when you try to contact her. I presume, because of the video, whoever was seen in it would have to be careful and hide…”

the hard truth

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 4:31:37 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Ah." Kaida's face twisted bitterly, "He'll make me say something stupid. A trap." He seemed to be good at words, she didn't doubt he'd succeed. So much for his Gym battle for now, an innocent thought for today's circumstances. [break][break]

"I'll be careful with Selena, it's going to be hard to talk about how I'm alive anyway, she was there when my death happened." Hopefully the news hit her at some point, with how long the hospital had her, and how the video had entered the public eye, there was no way a resurrection wasn't becoming known.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 20:15:00 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Without a doubt, he would,” he nodded grimly. He had already been on the receiving end of the other man’s words, and he felt like a crumbling castle whenever he would try to regain control of the conversation. It was insane, to say the least.

“Which is why—please, be careful, he added a few moments later as he placed the pen and the stack of notes back down on the desk. “Especially when you try to contact her. Who knows if there may be a second video that may be posted online…” he thought out loud, leaning backward to give his posture a bit of rest.

“Just… just let me know if anything happens to you. I wouldn’t want to lose a capable member of the Ranger family to someone who would mince words and try to force a confession out of you.”

be careful out there.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 22:43:31 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Something from her past, venomous feelings started to surface. She thought she could interact with others easily enough, but anybody could read the distance she held with most people. Even now she felt closer to her allies, the distance only grew. With Pokemon, she would know whether they were going to hurt her, they didn't weave a web through words until she didn't know how to escape. Only humans, she supposed. [break][break]

"I won't let them catch me." She promised, adding a realistic condition in her head, not without good reason. She indicated outside, where Muspel continued to wait, "My family comes with me, always. They won't let me make a stupid mistake, I trust them, I'm their leader, and we make a habit to not being caught by predators." Politely, properly, she bowed, putting on the properness like it was the biggest form of respect, "Tomorrow. Later. Later after that. You will hear from me again."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 22:57:34 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“In case I come across anything else related to the tree, I’ll make sure to get in touch with you. I do find it strange that a gigantic tree would just… appear in Littleroot, seemingly overnight, without warning and just growing to that size…” he mused.

He remembered some of the other reports that the other Rangers at the scene had sent him—how the tree had seemingly turned black due to whatever had happened wherever the rest of the tree’s body was at.

At the same time, he also remembered that there was no mention of anything that could be linked to arson, just outright destruction of property.

“Is there… is there anything else you want to ask me?” he asked presently. “Would you want something to eat, drink?”

Crap. In all that communicating, he’d forgotten to offer his guest something!

Whoops.

What a time to catch that awkward social cue, Lars.

OOPS knew he forgot something

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 23:32:52 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"I'll try to see anything about the tree when I can too." Yes, it was destroyed, but some hopeful part of herself thought that there was little chance that the League didn't have some information on hand, or at least was gathering some information. They couldn't have lost that thoroughly. Didn't Illeana disappear? She wondered if she got anywhere to the bottom. [break][break]

And then Lars mentioned food, and all her put together politeness fell in the wake of perhaps the one vice that she never could shake. "You have food?" If her ears could perk like a hound's, they would have, "I...would like that food, um, please." It was offered to her, and thus she accepted. You didn't have to be that polite regarding an offer, did you? Whether the food was offered here or for the road, didn't matter. She just wanted it.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 0:22:21 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Yes—is there anything you would prefer?

Thank goodness he’d gone shopping earlier in the week and stocked up. He was certainly not expecting a visit today, especially from someone who was supposed to have passed on. But things really did have a way for going in unexpected directions, after all.

Either way, he then stood up and stretched his arms over his head. “Would your Pokémon also want something to eat?” he inquired a few moments later. Surely it would be rude to offer food to her, but without giving food to the other companions that she had along with her.

He was pretty certain that a Charizard had a rather large appetite, but then again so did his Metagross, Ro.

now that the heavy stuff is over

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 1:04:26 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"We'll eat anything, really." Kaida explained, coming to a conclusion as she spoke, "But if we want meat, we'll catch it ourselves...is there anything sweet? But not too much." An indulgence, nothing more, but after everything, she deserved it. She just had to be careful not to eat too much, she couldn't get herself sick if she was going to be flying on a Charizard. A great motivator to hold herself back. [break][break]

As if she had sensed the change in conversation, Kaida heard a thump at the door, Muspel, happily trying to barge in. If allowed to, Kaida would let her in with a whispered, "Be careful." Either way, her other Pokemon were smaller creatures so with a, "If you don't mind...we only need a little." She released Hema, Hel, and Freya, who all stayed reliably near. She thought they twitched at shadows a little, but they seemed to be healing. [break][break]

"Sorry, I haven't gotten a chance to get anybody new except for Muspel here...they're still a little confused about me."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 1:38:00 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Who wouldn’t be, especially after what had happened to you,” he said as he went over to the kitchen and began hunting through the fridge to see what he could scrounge up and reheat.

Thankfully the Pokétreats were easy enough to contend with, and so he came back with these first, holding a medium-sized plastic container that had said Pokéfood inside.

“Here you go, feed them as you would. I still have another container so take as much as you would need,” he said before returning back to the kitchen and frying up something for them to eat while they were here.

Something sweet? I can certainly swing that, he thought to himself as he continued to let the pan get hot and prepare some fried rice topped with eggs.

“Would you mind your eggs scrambled, or sunny-side up?” he called from the kitchen in Kaida’s direction.

a nice gesture

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 1:54:41 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Thank you." Kaida managed to hold up the bag of Pokefood, noting to herself that the bag smelled like canned food, a sort of processed scent. That was fine though. Food was food. "Muspel. We will be flying afterwards, do not gorge." The Charizard groaned but nodded in understanding as she doled out usual portions to her Pokemon. They could all last a while without too much, but the more, the better. The Charizard got the final portion. Usually she would eat two bags of the stuff, but today she would make do with what was left in the bag. [break][break]

"Scrambled!" She called back, excitement clouding her cheeks red even if her face stayed steadily calm. Then, suddenly, she sat, straight down. If Lars even offered a cursory glance to her, he'd see the woman seated on the floor, head drooping like all the seriousness, and the seriousness she had been holding herself to, was simply exhausting her.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 2:03:24 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

When he heard her preference for scrambled eggs, he smiled for a bit—apparently he wasn’t the only one who liked to dine on scrambled eggs more often than not. He would get a lot of flak about it—especially how he would want the eggs fried a certain particular way.

Mixing in some chopped green onions with the rice in the other pan, he then turned his attention to the other pan where he’d left a chunk of butter to melt. After mixing the egg together with some milk, he pours the mixture into the frying pan and watched as a billowing cloud of steam rose up.

Turning away to let the egg sit for a while—where had Kaida gone off to? Wasn’t she there just a few moments ago? Her Pokémon were still there, though. After he’d flipped and moved the egg around in its pan and flipped the rice over a few times, he peered over the counter to see that she had seated herself on the floor.

“Why are you down there? You’re free to sit on the sofa, you know,” he mentioned to her, looking at her curiously for a few moments.

that’s curious

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 3:16:15 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida jerked as Lars suddenly spoke up, looking up as if the idea of seating on the couch hadn't been on her mind. "I'm just...participating, I can't eat with them but I can be with them?" Nonetheless, she raised back up and onto the offered couch. She inwardly cringed, she'd been all over the place and changing clothing hadn't exactly been a priority, she hoped she didn't dirty the couch, what a thank you that would be...and a costly one. [break][break]

"I haven't eaten in a home that often." She offered the information easily enough and, smelling the food nearby, was more than a little regretful that she likely wouldn't be doing this too often. "It's a little strange."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 3:29:00 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You live off the wild, I take?” he asked her once he’s done frying up the rice and placing it into a bowl. Once the egg is done, he then moves the pan over it and gently tipped the egg out of the pan on top of the rice before getting a spoon and heading over to where she’s seated—this time on the couch.

“I did that too, before. Only stopped over at Pokémon Centers for showers and such. It’s tough, but sometimes you do what you have to, he added a few moments later as he slid the bowl of warm food over to her. “I’ll be right back, feel free to eat without me.”

With this he returned to the kitchen and began preparing his own bowl, taking a little more time with the egg as he whipped some chopped onions into it. The smell of frying food permeated the air once more as he finished up making his own bowl. A few minutes later, he’s finished, and heads back as well with his own bowl in his hands.

“Where are you headed after stopping by here? Surely there’s a place for you to return to…”

:OGeyes:

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
surprise [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 4:10:35 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Yes, I make it obvious, don't I?" Kaida chuckled under her breath, despite how obvious it was, she wouldn't have been surprised if he concluded "social awkwardness" instead. [break][break]

Lars talked of the necessity of sometimes living in the wilds, and Kaida nodded, grunting her agreement. "It's quiet out there. It's just familiar to me." Her own want to be in the wilds was a more personal reason, a portion of an untamed heart surrounded by beings she knew wanted to live where they had grown up. What was she supposed to do, keep them crammed in Pokeballs or a PC? She took the food gratefully, taking Lars' invitation to eat with gusto. Hunched over with only the sound of silverware clunking against the plate and the sounds of eating, Kaida was already half-way done by the time Lars found his way back. [break][break]

"I'm not going anywhere." Kaida mumbled around her food. Before, it was because she would always be after her next job, now it would be to try and avoid too many important eyes, "We usually live near Slateport. There's a shrine I like sleeping near." It felt familiar for some reason, "Never had a reason to have a home like this...they live free where I can find them, and I guess I'll use this to travel a little with Muspel here." She nodded at the young Charizard, munching on her food and tilting her head as she heard her name mentioned, "If you need a job done, or something happens, I'll come as soon as I can."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay