awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 21:01:53 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

There were days that the work never stopped piling up. Today was one of them.

Thankfully he’d managed to clear out some time in the office so he could meet one of the new Ranger trainees. He was left to wonder why he had to meet with this particular one—at least until he’d gotten a read on the young woman’s files that had been sent to him to look over.

Been with Rocket previously? Alright, that explains why the meeting is necessary… he thought to himself as he cleared the desk as best as he could of papers that needed to be sent where they had to be sent. None too soon did he hear the intercom crackling again—by which time he had managed to find a can containing sweets and placed it atop the desk.

“She there already? Alright, send her in, he said once he’d tapped the button and sat himself down.

The place looked reasonably cleared of paperwork, so at least he wasn’t too busy…

@iris

hello

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 22:12:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","ithread"]this feels like a test. more so than all the other tasks she'd been set before this. laurence anderson--her boss, as she'd been told--despite his standing, had eluded iris for the brief time she'd spent with the league so far. the easiest (and most likely) explanation would be he simply hadn't the time. with power comes additional responsibilities; this was a busy man. the thought that creeps into her mind, however, is that they'd waited to train their prize pig a little better before introducing her.
[break][break]
this meeting was important. iris would be on her best behaviour.
[break][break]
she walks in silently, blue tucked safely in his pokeball. some of the rangers had commented this before--normally in fright, when they sudden realise she's with them--and so she'd taken a habit of making some noise before entering a room. however, this time her nerves get the better of he; she forgets.
[break][break]
"i was told to meet you, sir." iris says with a bow of her head.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ithread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ithread b]font-weight:bold;color:#818fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 22:24:22 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars didn’t know that he’d placed a rather misleading, if somewhat hilarious (at least to him, in the back of his mind) impression whenever other Rangers would come by and drop off their reports and have other papers signed.

He had reached for one of the salted caramel squares and had just barely shredded off the plastic wrapper with one of his hands when the door swung open.

“Please, sit,” he offered as he pointed to the chair closest to the desk that wasn’t cluttered with folders and papers that he had to route off to other departments.

“If—if you have any questions you want to ask about me, feel free. Candy?” he offered as he tilted his head in the direction of the open can of salted caramel squares he loved snacking on as of late.

He had to go slowly and not overwhelm her.

@iris

oh dear Arceus I cried at the impression XD

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 23:01:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","ithread"]there is an illusion when it comes to authority, and iris finds it immediately shattered when the head ranger opens his mouth. she sits, as she is told, and she takes the candy (because it's rude to decline). iris chews quietly, but quickly, to leave herself free to talk as soon as she could.
[break][break]
"not particularly," she murmurs. her eyes drift to the can. "actually, how can i make sure i'm doing a good job?"
[break][break]
success is always measured, but her time with the rangers has confused her on how this is done. rocket's brutal efficiency seems to have no place here.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ithread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 23:10:57 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Ah, right down to business. No time wasted.

“If you come back from a mission—any mission, make sure to drop off your report here in my office. It’s about the only thing I ask, because in the end I have to do all the paperwork for everyone here,” he explained. That in fact was true, because there were several folders piled atop the other chair across from her, as well as on his desk (and some were hidden out of sight).

“Even if everything’s already modernized, I’d still ask for those reports so I can keep track of who did what. That’s one of the few things I would request for from all the Rangers here,” he added a few moments later.

As he chewed on his own salted caramel square, his eyes then flitted over to the personnel file in front of him on the desk.

“Tell me, if you don’t mind my asking—how did you do things over there? Where you were with, previously?” he continued. Were they this organized? He could only guess.

Slowly, slowly. Not too quickly there, now, he continued as he quietly observed her for any reactions.

@iris

taking it nice and easy

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 23:24:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","ithread"]it's hard to imagine why she would be so defensive of such an organisation--at least, that was the impression she got from everyone else--but iris sits up straighter at the question anyhow. "well." she answered, "we got the job done."
[break][break]don't speak ill of the dead, because that's what they were, as far as iris was concerned. rocket had fallen and were no more; no one had told her otherwise.
[break][break]
"uh, that isn't to say the rangers don't," she quickly corrects herself upon realising her words, "i was just...i was just answering the question."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 23:56:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“No need to be so uptight,” he continued. At the same time he offered what he took to be his best attempt at relaxing her by crinkling up his face and nodding.

“If—if you may, what kind of impression do I give off outside the four walls of this office?” he asked from her a few moments later as he let the silence pass between them and he chewed on the salted caramel square.

It was time to find out first-hand what the others thought of him.

After all, the Rangers were more than just that—he wanted everyone to be a united family. At least he was trying to get that done.

“Don’t… don’t be afraid to speak up. What we talk about will remain between yourself and me, within these four walls.”

Time to lay on the reassurance, and lay it on thick.

@iris

I guess he scared her I am SO SORRY

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 9:56:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","ithread"]it's hard to follow his line to questioning--to figure out his aim. this seems more a chat between friends than the formal meeting she'd been expected. perhaps that's what he wanted her to think, iris had seen this tactic used before. after her capture, her interrogators had been anything from demanding to kind: same objective, different tactics.
[break][break]
problem was, what was laurence anderson's objective? what were the words he wanted to hear?
[break][break]
"you seem like a good leader."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: noooo don't be she's just bad with authority :pepehands:
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 21:24:09 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Before I became a leader, I was a follower—we all have to start somewhere, right?” he confirmed. Any of the crap about people being natural born leaders was a butt-faced lie to him at least. It all had something to do with charisma.

“And besides, how can a good leader be one that their followers look up to if they don’t get to know everyone they’re working with? It’s something I want everyone here to know about at the very least,” he went on as he slid the papers out of the folder that had her name on it.

Giving the paper a quick glance, he then noticed something of considerable interest—there was a note attached to his copy of the file. He then looked up at her, before clearing his throat slightly.

“Your file says you have ‘handlers’… if you don’t mind my asking, can I know a little more about this?

Here he was hoping that she would ease up and not be so uptight if he gave her the ball—it was now in her court and he waited for her to speak up.

Even if it took several hours, or even a day.

@iris

He’s flattered, give or take. Easing into the questions bit by bit.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 12:44:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","ithread"]some people were just born to lead, talents or otherwise. there are people who exist who, at their core, cannot fathom mastery over another. the sort who couldn't hold your gaze, who ended everything with a question. perhaps he is right--still, iris knows that not everyone can evolve from a follower. she is one of these people.
[break][break]
her eyes drift to the file. there, before him, is everything he could want to know about her. this conversation seems decorative, at best, but iris is beginning to see it as the olive branch that it is.
[break][break]
"i was with rocket." she says it bluntly, its a callousness that's often been criticised, but at least it never ends in a cross-up. "it should be in the file." as should all the answers to any questions he may have had.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 2:31:06 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

And there it was, the admission.

“Were you in any important circles of information?” he asked quietly, settling his chin on his hands as he gave her a curious look. “I mean—it’s alright if you don’t want to talk about it, but I’m just curious as to what motivation there was for joining Team Rocket originally.”

Maybe, just maybe, if he could play his cards right he’d be able to ask a few questions, should she have been in places where information was ripe for the picking (and taking).

There was this curious question that had risen, unbidden, in the back of his mind. He wondered if he would be able to get an answer at all, considering how little he knew about his own father’s underhanded work.

@iris

:OGeyes:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 18:13:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","ithread"]there was no motivation, she wanted to say. it had happened, and she had let it--iris had stayed because it was home. this, for some reason or another, seemed to stir pity in many, so she keeps that truth to herself. it wasn't as if the league didn't know; iris' circumstances had been the whole reason for her second change. that was what she'd been told, anyway.
[break][break]
"i was not." that was truth, at least. iris was often the means, but never the brains behind an operation. they told her what to do, and it never dawned on her to question why. because they were family, because this was her job.
[break][break]
perhaps some part of her was still loyal. while rocket no longer existed, and could not be the home she wanted, they had never done any wrong by her.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 21:10:32 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Her answer made him do a double-take and gaze at her for more than a few moments.

Well, that at least makes me delay my question, he observed in the back of his mind with a thoughtful look on his face. “So that was it then, they were just that—a place that gave you a roof over your head and necessities to survive,” he noted quietly as he scribbled down a few notes on the pad of paper in front of him.

“Have you thought of returning? Aren’t you afraid that there may be other members who would recognize you? What would you do if… if they asked you to go back with them? he inquired presently.

It was inevitable—especially if one had friends on the other side of the dice.

@iris

musing thoughts

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 18:19:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","ithread"]iris shifts in her seat. "there's nothing to go back to." rocket had died that day; if one good thing had come from it, it was that iris' decision had been made for her. she wasn't sure what she would have done otherwise. "my loyalty was to the organisation." and her father, but she decides there's no need to bring up old wounds, not when they were already known.
[break][break]
the rest of her answer some quieter. "everyone's moved on." she glances at the notepad in front of the head ranger, but makes no attempt to try and make out any of the words. "this just happened to be my path."
[break][break]
iris still had doubts, but she often put them aside in favour of work. things were easier that way--it wasn't as if whatever answer she settled on mattered. not now, at least. the past was the past, she had to pave her way here before she could spend time daydreaming.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
new beginning [c]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2020 1:25:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@iris