6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 20:21:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle takes his hand off of the suitcase and opens the crossbody bag in front of him, fingers rummaging for the items inside.

"you got your passport ready? you didn't forget about that, right?"

it probably was too late if they had to check if they forgot to bring the essentials right at the line at the check-in counter. either way, kyle wasn't attentive enough to remember to do it at home. he fumbles over his bag as he searches for the booklet.

he takes the tickets for the two of them alongside his own passport and identification. he'd release a sigh of relief had it not been for him watching noah. as he does, he nudges his documents for noah to take after he's done, hoping he'd do the talking with the attendant for them.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 7:39:06 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "oh fuck."

noah pats his pockets down: a show of percussion and pretend as he produces his passport from his jacket. clicking his tongue, noah hits kyle's head with it as if it were a clipboard.

"i'm not stupid, man. i've flown a lot. like, so much you could call me king of the skies." noah takes their needed papers with one hand. "and you're king of dragnor. or, you were, i guess."

with his free arm, he sneaks his hand around kyle's waist, the nook of his arm hooking him close. he brings him to the counter this way, connected by the shoulders.

noah sets their passports and tickets on the counter and tells the attendant their necessary information. he takes the lead with ease- but he's distracted, momentarily. he captures a glimpse of kyle's passport photo, prompting a laugh.

"when did you take this?" noah says, retrieving the passports quickly. he sets his own back into his jacket's inner pocket while the attendant ushers them away to take their baggage. "very cute. you're pretty photogenic, y'know?" he makes kissy-faces at the official portrait, one eye watching kyle for rebuttals.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 7:47:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle tries his best to maintain a neutral expression, but he ends up with a slight frown and a fluster on his cheeks as noah pulls him closer to him.

the passport and the ticket were quickly claimed by kyle, storing them on his bag with haste. his hand goes to noah's head, gripping on top of his crown and squeezing until the gym leader lets go of him.

"sh-shut up. you're holding up the line."

once noah frees him, kyle's hands transition to noah, holding him by his hand like a parent would to a child. he tugs him once to get his attention, and also to stop him from making weird faces at him.

"...wanna get something to eat?" he asks, eventually dragging noah away from the counter and to the waiting area.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 5:22:48 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah laughs, his dark hair swaying back and forth like a mop as he's tugged. he feels small within the airport. his voice echoes and is swallowed by the space. streams of people with shells of luggage and towering banners like waterfalls may intimidate the traveler, but another squeeze of kyle's hand is enough to reassure him.

the few times he had traveled were under less than happy circumstances, after all.

"sure! wanna get burgers?" noah grins. "i'll treat you with my braaaaand new salary." he scouts the food court ahead, the smell of grease and ketchup already carried by the air. "we can talk about how you're gonna meet my 'rents too."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 15:06:42 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle doesn't have any preference, and thankfully, the abrupt suggestion from noah saves them precious minutes from trying to choose between multiple overpriced airport food. noah flexing his salary to kyle brings a smile on his face at least.

"isn't your savings account almost empty?" he quips. then again, kyle never was a person that turned down free things. "you gotta make your treat count then," he teases further.

and as if his head was blocking out the things he did not want to hear, he processes the last thing that noah had mentioned slowly. he turns to him and cocks his head to the side.

"...what?" he asks, voice more inquisitive than distressed.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 7:34:39 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "if i spend it on you, then it's aaaall worth it man." noah waves a hand lazily to dismiss the diss. he continues to tug kyle along, pulling him through food court tables and standing suitcases. "yeah, i gotta drop by ecruteak once at least."

noah brings them to a table with booth seating. he pulls off his bag from back and sets it beside him before hoisting it back up to toss to the other side. he pats the cushion beside him, beckoning for kyle to come.

the table features ordering by tablet. no need to move to the restaurant itself; noah knows kyle would enjoy that simplicity. that laziness.

"my parents are totally chill, man." noah says. "you might have to win over my little bro though. anyway," he sighs, his legs feeling sore from the constant walking of airport travel, "i'm just happy we can have a lot of one-on-one time now. like, away from everything else."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 17:23:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle cannot concentrate on the tablet before him for his order. he swipes at it absently, with eyes still on noah.

"h-have you told them anything about me? you'll help me with the intros, right?"

this did not seem like a big deal when he tried to explore it on his own before, but with the concept being close to reality within a few hours, he finds himself getting nervous. he never felt the need to impress someone besides now.

"do you have an itinerary ready?" kyle slumps over the table, arms surrounding his head as he still attempts to ready himself for the inevitable. "can we visit them first just to get it over with?"

kyle chooses a rice bowl from the menu and then hands motions for noah to take his next.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 7:02:53 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 as kyle takes the seat across from him in the booth, noah's shoes tap against the floor. noah does not take long to pick his orders of choice, and so he lets kyle take first go at the touchpad.

"uh, maybe just a little." noah's laugh spreads thin like gossamer. "i think i kind of forgot to since i've been busy. but intros are easy. just be yourself, dude."

he takes the menu, eyes swiftly glancing at kyle's order before punching in a teriyaki burger. the order is sent, and the tablet's screen animates with the smiling logo of an octillery.

"yeah, we can hit them up there and then we can head to an inn near the burned tower." noah sets the menu to the side. his hands reach over to kyle's slumped form, and his fingers find his hair. they play with its curls as noah kicks at him idly. "it's a pretty place. when was the last time you went on vacation?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 7:33:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he tries to recall the last time, and he remembers the time where he brought noelle with him since mateo ditched both of them for his own adventure. the coincidence of locations of each instance of vacationing being the same only occurs to him at the moment he was asked.

"i continued an investigation of a friend since he went mia one time, so i guess that counts. it's on ecruteak too."

he had bad memories on the burned tower, but kyle makes no mention of it since it was dumb and illogical for him to loathe the place. it probably was just a nightmare after he fell asleep on the top of the tower, but the sensation of him dying was so vivid and bone-chillingly realistic.

kyle rules it out as ptsd during the slateport invasion even though he hasn't been properly diagnosed for it yet.

"is it not weird to take a vacation in the same city as where your parents live?" he asks. "would they not feel weird about it? we can stay there if you want to. i don't mind."

for some reason, kyle already assumes they have the same hospitable and welcoming energy as noah.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 7:55:42 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "that's not a vacation."

noah shakes his head— and although he's tempted to make light of the situation, the gym leader refrains. instead, he continues to toy with kyle's hair before rustling it as he withdraws.

"it's just for a night or two. pit stop before we decide on where to go next." noah rests his head on his palms, his cheeks pushed up like mounds of dough. "we can stay at my house for a day then. i can show you my room— unless my little brother took over it."

he stops. a hit of nostalgia comes in autumn colours.

"but i still wanna go to like, a traditional inn. just the two of us." noah steps on the other's shoe. "it'll be fuuuun, c'mon. is there anything you'd wanna do though?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 8:09:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle sinks further into the surface of the table as noah's fingers play with his hair. the touch was oddly calming and relaxing, and if they weren't in a conversation, he'd honestly consider shutting up and dozing off.

"nah, i'm fine as long as we can spend time together."

realizing it was a lazy answer, he rolls his head to a side until he sees noah's face. he looks up, trying to find other topics to pad up the conversation to make up for it.

"i've stayed in johto for a long time before, actually. like from when i was eighteen up to twenty-one? had lots of good memories when i explored everything."

he suddenly realizes it might have killed noah's excitement on sightseeing and other things one might do with a foreigner in johto.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 8:41:11 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the answer is enough for a man who is content with silence. as kyle's face reveals itself, noah is becharmed by his boyfriend's expression: coolly relaxed and perhaps, even endlessly tired (then again, they did have to get up early). noah is reminded of mornings together. ones where he awakens earlier to witness kyle's waking.

"this probs sounds stupid cheesy, but we'll make better memories." noah says. "'cause you can do couple shit now." his smug expression is slathered on thick as noah thumbs the other's forehead.

the waiter arrives with their food. on red plastic trays, the rice bowl and paper-wrapped burger are set. noah thanks the waiter on behalf of kyle, and he goes to unwrap his burger.

"you want a bite, babe?" the golden bun peeks out of the packaging, barely containing the juicy patty and pineapple slice inside. his arm stretches across the table, "too much for me."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 15:43:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his posture gets corrected by the time the food arrives to their table. kyle takes a quick glance at his phone to check the time. both of them can still enjoy their meal at least.

'couple shit'

the idea lingers in his head. kyle remains abashed with it on his stream of thoughts as he dips his head towards his food, trying to hide it from noah. although they had different ideas of what it entails, kyle is excited either way.

he takes his disposable utensils, ready to take a taste test when noah offers him his food first. "uh, sure." kyle leans forward and takes a quick bite, taking a portion that was larger than what was normally socially acceptable.

"are you just using that as an excuse for an indirect kiss or something?"
he questions as he wipes his mouth off the sauces with his thumb.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 16:33:40 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the bite leaves noah satisfied too. if he had a camera, he'd capture the candid chomp. less glamorous than the elite four posters or hero posters, but still infatuating. noah finds he needs less posters and more jpegs: ones he can swipe to on his phone.

"i'd just kiss you for real if i wanted to," noah takes a bite- and the chunked pineapple slice slides off the side. his chewing interrupts his speaking intermittently, as he plucks the fallen fruit to eat. "but if you're thinking about kisses, then we've got our itinerary, dude. we'll just kiss a lot in johto. since you've explored the place anyway."

he sets his burger down. contemplation is found in the respite provided by its descent.

"we've been together for awhile now. like, five months."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 18:16:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
with the taste of food in his tongue, kyle's priority quickly changes. he forces his attention to the bowl before him and takes the pair of wooden chopsticks from its thin casing.

"do you want a kiss? is this where it's going?" he asks as he splits the chopsticks apart.

he takes a piece of pork from the bowl and tears a portion of it off with his teeth before following it up with rice. eyes would stare at noah as he chews, swallowing before he continues his point.

"it's going to have to wait. food is priority. unless that's not it? is it not?"

kyle starts to take another mouthful of his rice bowl.