Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 7:09:40 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "well, i wouldn't refuse one." noah's glance softens, and the edges of his expression follow suit. he tears off another chunk of his burger. "but you're rightmmf," he chews, "food's a priority."

the octillery logo stares at noah from the center of the plastic tray. his messy fingers pluck a napkin from the side and slide it over the octopus's judging gaze.

"we're here early anyway. we got lots of time, babe." noah sucks a fingertip to clean it of some ketchup before drying it on another napkin. "we can check out the stores before we board... walk around." his voice tapers into slight humming to help kyle fill in the blanks.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 5:02:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he places his chopsticks on top of the bowl neatly as he finishes before licking his lips clean, wiping them dry with a napkin, crumpling it, and then throwing it into the bowl.

"if you're down to walk around, then i'm also down."

from underneath the table, kyle tries to find noah's foot and nudges it lightly with his own. he shifts his eyes away, trying to look at the layout of the airport as he evades noah.

"we do need souvenirs for your family, and i guess we can get last minute ones here. i don't think a box of lava cookies will do."

the foot remains a rhythmic beat, hitting noah's leg blindly as a slight smirk starts to finally unravel from his expression.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 10:19:23 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah finishes his burger, and beats kyle back with his shoe. he wipes his mouth with the napkin- but his smile sneaks past its folding white corners.

"my brother likes pokeblock candies, so maybe we can get those at least." noah stacks their trays for them, placing kyle's garbage and bowl on top of his. "oh! and some wine."

noah kicks back a little more firmly before leaving to discard the trays. he returns, pulling his bag from the seats and threading his arms through the loops.

"when can i meet your parents?" noah asks as he begins to walk. the airport features various sculptures of hoenn pokemon: a large wailord carved in argillite stands prominently from one plaza. "do you think they'd like me?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 20:02:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"eh. i don't know if you'll even meet them."

kyle follows noah's lead as they venture through the airport. he has only known that the part of the airport exists, but he has never taken the time to actually stare at them for more than a split second.

"i haven't met them in a few years besides a few calls here and there. they're cool though. they liked me so they'll probs be fine with you, maybe."

he tries to recall the last time he got a call from them. maybe it was two month before? kyle only vaguely remembers them asking if he already decided on a favorite color for a souvenir from some faraway region.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 20:12:31 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "well, i gotta meet them eventually if i wanna marry you, duh." noah says, tugging kyle along by the ends of his fingertips.

the wailord sculpture's gaze stares forth. as if it were a departing airplane, the massive whale breaches some invisible surface. noah wonders too, if leaving hoenn for a little while would mean freedom from the chaos. although in capable hands—and with his own—noah begins to feel the inevitable threat of moving shifting underneath his feet like plates.

"and that answer doesn't work." noah laughs and punches the other's arm. "you're their kid. how could they not like you, dumbass."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 20:25:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the forwardness of noah's statement gets kyle flushed. he starts to rub the back of his neck, craning it to the direction of the wailord as a distraction. unfortunately, it doesn't work.

"maybe i have some edgy anime backstory, you never know," he answers back, chuckling awkwardly as he massages the part that noah hit out of reflex.

"now that i think about it, you don't know much about them, right?" unlike noah, kyle hasn't touched the subject of family within their conversations. though to be fair, he doesn't have a younger sibling to dote on. "they're weird, like they have questionable tastes. kinda like you."

he smiles fondly at the thought, still staring at the weird ass wailord in the middle of the plaza.

"yeah, you'll get along with them. aren't you happy?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 4:05:19 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "you're calling me a weirdo," noah scratches his cheek, "so i guess you have questionable tastes too." his smile leads them as he affirms his happiness—notwithstanding kyle's partial jesting.

they come to a quieter place of the airport. various waiting areas with rows of connected seats, electrical outlets and the occasional massage chair look out at a vista of the runways. the stores are nearby, stocked with chocolates and hoenn t-shirts.

"kyle?" should the man turn to face him, noah steals a kiss before planting another one on the other's cheek. "i'm really pumped for this, man. do you think you'll end up staying in hoenn? or would you wanna end up living somewhere else?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 8:23:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he hasn't really thought much about moving. the first time he moved out, it was to try to get the sense of adventure in him. he finds out that he doesn't have it in him, but multiple trips with noah has him slowly changing his opinion on it.

"i only came back to hoenn since johto got dangerous that one time," he tells noah. "i like hoenn, but we can settle somewhere else." the last part, he mumbles absently.

kyle squeezes noah's hand and the swings start to get subconsciously wider with the thinner the crowd around them gets.

"maybe i can just run away. there's been a few high-ranking league peeps who did that before."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 9:15:17 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 they say coincidence is no rare event. that improbable events are simply commonplace scenes made miraculous by humans unable to comprehend probability. the circumstances of their migration are similar. such a revelation strikes noah- and perhaps, their meeting at the dog park, as fantastically destined as it may have felt, was an inevitable meeting of one plus one.

noah's grip pulses back. the swinging reminds him of a mightyena's tail.

"settling together sounds nice." noah repeats, his face warmed by kyle's mumbled sentiment. "and if you run, you gotta make sure i can catch up."

the crowds are a whisper here. sparse bodies dot the seats like distanced totems reading newspapers.

"i think i'll be okay just living with you in some quiet place. eventually." noah admits. he rests his head on the other's shoulder- but quickly snaps it back when he realizes how awkward the pose is to hold while walking. "just you and our pokemon."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 8:22:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"somewhere quiet kinda like that one night at the outpost?" he responds immediately after.

the implication goes over his head for a moment as he immediately flusters over the thought. his hand squeezes noah's much harder than it already was as a threat to keep him from teasing. on hindsight, however, he realizes he might just be overthinking things.

"by quiet place, do you mean more like a farm?" he quickly adds, laughing awkwardly, "or more like a suburban home like verdanturf?"

he likes the current setup already: quiet neighborhood, nearby park, not too far away from civilization. the only thing that bothers him is noah's residence at rustburo, but he can't claim that in fear of being called equally as clingy as noah.

"maybe open a little shop or something too? i dunno. being an elite four is kinda stressful all the same as it is chill..."

it feels weird trying to list things he wants to do when there weren't anything on his agenda before.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 21:16:47 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah raises an eyebrow curved like the crescent moon presiding over that memory. his snicker melds in with kyle's awkward laughter. the list grows. the possibilities of whatever "quiet" could entail grow louder.

"i'm not sure now," noah scratches his neck, "but i wanna help rebuild that outpost now that i think of it. it's summer after all. mmm, maybe after vacay."

the squeeze of his hand had only encouraged him.

"why not?" noah says to the idea of the store. he bumps into kyle forcefully. "aight so, you can retire and we'll run a little shop of kyle merchandise."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 19:35:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the bump suddenly wakes him up. he turns from looking ahead to looking at noah, but he does nothing to regain the socially accepted distance between them.

"baby..." he trails off. "no one's buying kyle merch when i retire..."

he doesn't even know if anyone besides noah buys paraphernalia with his name attached to them. in the case that someone else does, though, kyle tries his best to accommodate for that possibility.

"anyways, why are we talking about retirement? we're here to look for souvenirs, right?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 5:39:45 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "good. more for me then!"

the airport path curves back into the heart of its layout. there, shops line each side of the carpeted path. tourists stroll around with their suitcases plastered in stickers— but noah's bag is bare, save for the water bottle stuffed in its mesh pouch.

"nothing wrong with planning ahead, babe." noah chimes. "time's been going too fast anyway. but uh, souvenirs, right."

he leads kyle by the hand, bringing him inside an open lobby with several sectioned off stores. shelves and aisles of goods, ranging from cookies to books, fill the space.

noah plucks a tester bottle with navy blue glass and an etched logo of an empoleon. "how about this?" he sprays the cologne on kyle's shirt.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 8:26:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle recoils when noah sprays the cologne on him. the smell fills his nostrils, and it takes him a while to recover from the shock of the sudden burst of aroma drowning his senses, but when it finally settles, kyle's expression turns pleased.

"this isn't actually bad," he comments, nodding approvingly.

satisfaction only lasts a moment before kyle takes noah's hand and returns the tester back where we got them from. kyle takes another whiff of the scent on his shirt afterwards.

"i actually have a better idea."

kyle grabs noah by the wrist and brings him to where a rack of shirts were. he takes out a hanger carrying a shirt that noah would usually see in kyle's closet: a poochyena shirt, but this time, it has the hoenn motifs of tropical leaves, etcetera.

"hmm? hmm?" he prods noah for a feedback.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
takeoff [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 8:48:39 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "hey, wait. i wanna smell it up close!" noah bids farewell to the empoleon cologne with his eyes.

by the wrist, he's drawn toward the colorful jungle of hoennian clothes. they're not of his taste— until he sees the poochyena print. noah hangs his head on his palm. a smile stretches across his face, almost heavy enough to fall off.

"you're so fucking stupid, dude." noah says in half-laughs and half-growls as he bumps his forehead against kyle's shoulder.

he takes the hanger and sets it against his chest.

"but... i kinda want it for myself. wanna buy a matching one? it could be a couple shirt."

noah sets the shirt and hanger against the rack. thinking, he rolls up one sleeve to its shoulder and sets it back against his body.

"aight, i'm sold."