verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hello [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 14:41:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"is a short match fine? 3v3! we can even do 1v1 if you want. your call on whether you want singles or doubles too. i'll even take triples if you want."

kyle has fished francie out on her visit to the pokemon league. no questions about the intent of her visit has been asked yet, since kyle has been too focused on getting his manectric to stop taking a step forward on to the battlefield.

the area was wide and open, has high ceilings and adequate lighting, and was mostly dirt. the option to change the aesthetic of the field, such as turning it to a grassland or a more favorable field where terrain effects stick much longer, was there, but kyle's too vanilla to pick anything besides the classic.

"i never challenged your gym before! since you're here, i can have one right?"

she had been his favorite gym leader back then, before the rocket had attacked slateport. it was mostly because of her rockruffs though, but he wouldn't admit to it.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 15:44:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Yeah! Absolutely!"

Francie was ... oddly excited. Her three lycanrocs, all in different forms, were around her. The dusk, Louie, stood strongly beside her. The midnight form, Lyonel, snickered and chased the midday form, Lincoln, around Franice in circles before they began nipping and panting while observing Kyle from afar.

"Three each, one at a time, sounds perfect! They could use a break from relying on each other anyway."

She usually just sent out all three and let them have fun, because winning a battle didn't matter if it was just for recreational fun. But this time around, she wanted to really test their limits.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hello [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 16:46:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"nice!"

the manectric gets released from his trainer's hold and takes the field. as soon as kyle's arms move away from its head, the electric-type dashes forth, barking as he stands on his usual spot whenever kyle takes his own challengers.

kyle knows much about a lycanroc's capabilities, but it is often the trainer's guidance that makes or breaks a pokemon's potential. in a way, it tells something about the trainer.

"your move," he invites, smiles on his face after he gets one of the matches he's actually enthusiastic about.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 16:57:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Her move, meaning, who to send? With something as fast as that manectric, Francie knew that Lincoln was going to be her best go.

"Let's go Linc." Francie said with a smirk, her midday lycanroc taking the field and giving an eager bark to the other dog on the field. So perhaps he was a little too excited, and he showed as much with an eager bounce.

Knowing the likelihood of a mega evolution, she decided with her lycanrocs anyway. Why? Because Tilly the Aerodactyl had spent enough time flying them around, she didn't need her to be too exhausted for the ride back home. Not that she couldn't take a taxi or something but, she was fond of their time in the sky.

And besides, the lycanrocs needed the exercise.

"Control the surroundings, to give it much room to wiggle!"

Francie's words, and with her cue from Kyle, Lincoln's fur bristled and suddenly large stones began rising up from the ground around them. it was a mixture of rock tombs, an attempt at caging in the manectric, or at least giving it obstacles that it would have to maneuver around.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hello [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 17:42:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he'd be damned if he had brought a different manectric. he supposed this was why tana had been his ol' reliable.

"quick attack! go for the offensive!"

rocks emerge from the ground, all trying to pin the electric-type. as the earth bends from the ground upwards, the manectric bounds from the ground, leaps on one side of the enclosing rocks to ricochet itself upwards with its speed, and then pounces out.

from the air, it moves towards the direction of the lycanroc, preparing its next attack from above. like a shooting star, it plans on crashing on the other canine.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 17:46:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"That's an easy hit! Take it, and distance! This thing's got enough electricity to power a city! Don't let it paralyze you!"

Lincoln didn't bother dodging the hit, and instead allowed the momentum of the hit to throw him backwards, focusing and concentrating on the ground that was below where he'd been, where that manectric would land, and summoning a stone edge there.

Hopefully it would it, if their strategy proved true.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hello [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 19:22:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the easy hit gets the manectric to be complacent. the stone edge from the ground takes her by surprise, letting out a yip as slabs of stone emerge from the ground, cutting her while blocking her from her target.

"break through it! iron tail!"

the manectric's tail starts to glow white as she slashes the stone edge in half with it. she releases a huff before she decides to continue on the offensive.

the electric-type starts to charge towards the lycanroc with iron tail active. the speed of which it runs picks up fast, charging straight at the lycanroc, unafraid of anything it might throw at her.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 19:55:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Iron Tail?!

Francie's disbelief is quickly recovered. It wasn't as if she'd ever met a manectric with a freaking move like Iron Tail before, and props to Kyle for having one for such an occasion. Each one of her lycanrocs would be gone with that move, she'd have to play it a bit more smart.

"Rock slide! Try and lessen the blow!"

Lincoln was quick to follow the words, but possibly not quick enough. The Iron Tail got him, even as he pulled rocks down all around him, creating a rock slide to try and get some debris as a distraction or possibly, just to lessen the blow.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hello [c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 1:41:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
ever so proud for his pokemon, kyle cannot help but muster a grin. "neat, huh?" he responds. "watch this though."

he claps once, getting the manectric's attention towards him as to separate banter with the other trainer and the actual instructions.

"power through it, tana!"

the manectric flips forward, and like a morpeko using aura sphere, rolls until it is nothing but a blur and a source of constant sparks. with the aid of magnet rise, the manectric maintains the momentum and keeps the torque constant.

the spin charge then combos with the spin dash, deflecting most of the rock slide away with the iron tail as it rams forward, attempting to bowl through the lycanroc for a strike.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello [c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 12:14:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"There's no way-- brace yourself Linc!"

Francie watches with strength as her lycanroc his smashed by the manectric. She knows that's a hard hit, and also knows that her lycanroc is probably done for.

Being that it's a friendly battle, and not caring if she's injured by the effects of the terrain, she immediately runs out and to her lycanroc. She didn't even wait for the dust to clear, bending down and swatting away the dust with her hand before covering her mouth with her shirt to avoid choking on the particles in the air.

They sting her eyes, but she doesn't care. Her eyes are glued on her lycanroc, and she's relieved that he's alright. Not conscious, but alright.

By then the dust has settled, and she looks up and over toward Kyle.

"That was absolutely amazing! It's no wonder you're elite four... I've really got to get some variation in their movesets."

Just a matter of, you know, getting the pokedollars for it.

/ lincoln faints! kyle is the winner!

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hello [c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 18:11:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his hand is quick on the draw as he pulls his phone out quick, taking a vid of the move with a few memorized finger movements. the entire thing only lasted like one or two seconds, but it was enough to satisfy kyle.

the phone goes back to his pocket soon after. maybe he'd upload the clip.

"i don't think i can use it in an actual battle though," he adds as a disclaimer.

the manectric manages to get up to all fours once more after crashing, but the way her legs teeter forth makes it clear that she has been disoriented by her own attack. it doesn't help that magnet rise wouldn't give her stable footing.

"at least it's flashy."

hands hold the manectric steady, and before his pokemon can throw up, kyle recalls it back to its ball when he felt it gag.

"rock tomb was a good opener though! i don't think i'd do well if my manectric didn't have quick attack."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello [c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 18:17:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Thanks. It's a pretty predictive opening if you battle me more than once, though."

Francie admits her own faults before recalling her lycanroc and standing up, taking Kyle's hand and shaking it professionally.

"I'm never going to forget this though. Thanks so much for having the battle with me. You'll have to come out to Petalburg once gets my papers and everything cleared."

In other words, when she becomes the gym leader once again. That's right, Francie's back.

- thread fin!

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
hello [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 0:30:38 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]battle complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 15 pokedollars & 1 infamy.
[break]