some beach, somewhere [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 15:04:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Taking jobs here and there to fill her pockets was how Francie made her living when she wasn't a gym leader or anything of the sort. Like now. This soft lull. While debating on taking up the position of gym leader yet again. She was so scared of disappointing people, but also completely hyped by the idea!

She came out to the Slateport Beach during one of their clean ups. It was a large one, too. With a huge group of people. Apparently they wanted to expand the beach and to do that, they'd need to clear out a lot of the damage that was still there from the year before.

The whole thing was funded by , ironically, in an effort to keep things enticing for the public and to coax them to help, lunch had been provided along with water and other amenities that a large group would need for such a clean up.

Francie had her onix, Nicky, out of his heavy ball to help with pushing the bigger objects into loading trucks. Her druddigon, Drudge, was helping in lifting various things as well as keeping an eye on the two aron Francie had that were more playing in the sand than they were actually helping with the mess.

When the two almost ran into a blonde man, Francie quickly ran over and returned the two to their pokeballs, giving a nervous sort of laugh.

"I'm so sorry-- um, do you want help with that?"

@samuel

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 15:29:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Jobs like this kept all the peering eyes on him happy, distracted. It showed them that he was keeping up his part of the deal and staying away from “unbecoming” activities.

While many would be annoyed at this sort of treatment Samuel found it rather relaxing to do simple work like this. But perhaps it was too relaxing as his mind had drifted off onto other things and he wasn’t paying much attention to his surroundings.

”Hmm?” He looked down, spotting two little aron that were playing. And playing a bit too much as they almost ran into him if not for their trainer returning them.

”Oh don’t worry about it, no one got hurt so no big deal.” He replied.

”Oh?” He followed up, looking down at the bags of trash around him. ”I appreciate the offer. A bit too many for me to carry in one go so some help would be nice.”

What a nice stranger he thought as he lifted some bags. ”My name’s Samuel and thanks for the help.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 15:53:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"My name if Francie. It's nice to meet you Samuel."

Francie's greeting was paired with her picking up some of the garbage bags and lifting them up. Her small arms were muscular enough, and able to carry the bags decently. She did like to hike and mountain climb as a hobby.

"I don't mind helping. That's what we're here for, right?"

Like a worried mother, her eyes did glance to Nicky and Drudge, just to make sure the two were behaving. Which, they were. They were two of her nicer pokemon. Even if they were both incredibly intimidating.

@samuel

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 16:10:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He waited and watched as Francie helped grabbed the other trash bags. ”The pleasure is all mine, Francie. And I wish more people had your attitude. You wouldn’t believe how rude people can get.” He smiled.

”Quite the team you have here.” Samuel remarked, looking over Francie’s Pokémon.

The thought hadn’t occurred to him to use his own Pokémon to help despite how much more efficient that would have been and also that everyone else was doing it. Too lost in his thoughts to consider it.

”So are you doing this because you have to and want to make a quick buck or just want to help the environment?” He’d ask as they headed towards the dump people was gathering the garbage at.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 16:27:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Kind of both. I'm a good friend with the guy who sponsored the event, and I decided to come out and get a bit of quick money while helping out the people here. To promote his cause, kind of."

She knew good and well that Asher was just in on this sort of thing because it would make him more money in the long run, but at the same time, the community coming together, even over 'a quick buck' was a very fun thing to see.

"What about you, Samuel?"

@samuel - post 3/5

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 20:48:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”To promote his cause, huh? What an interesting friend.” Must be someone affiliated with the league that’s trying to get on the public’s good graces then. At least that’s why Samuel would throw and or sponsor an event like this.

”Helping the environment and making money, what more can someone ask for?” He kid. When asked why he was doing this he tilted his head a bit, thinking of the best answer to that.

”I guess I’m not that much different from you. Though I guess I am a bit more worried about making sure places like the beach are clean. I would hate to see it go to ruin because of negligence.” Samuel answered.

”Guess I’m a big softie for the environment.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 20:52:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"] It wasn't as if a face like that couldn't be a big softie for the environment, it was just that words like that often came with a grain of salt for Francie. She'd been taught not to just assume what people said was true, although, she had a hard time not taking them at their word.

So as quickly as she doubted him, she believed him.

"That's okay though! After all, where would we be if we didn't have the environment, y'know? I think everybody needs to respect it. It's insane to me that the beaches get as dirty as they do in Slateport... I mean, they're always throwing up 'help wanted' advertisements, it's insane."

She could remember the many times she'd seen the advert the last time she was here.

"I mean seriously, this negligence has been going on for like, a year and a half..."

@samuel - post 4/5

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 21:48:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Samuel shook his head just thinking about the state of things as Francie spoke. And while her words did not strike him as someone filled with passion and conviction they were well-meaning enough that he did not think of her to be facetious.

”It’s a shame really, it truly is.” Samuel responded, shortly after shrugging his shoulders.

”But it’s not really that surprising. Many people don’t care much anymore and as long as it’s out of sight it’s out of mind and not their problem to deal with.” And honestly this sort of apathy was striking and could point to their being bigger implications.

”But with people like you, it gives me hope that Hoenn isn’t a lost cause ya know. Despite all the explosions and fighting that happens. Maybe one day the beach will stay clean.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 21:58:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]As they approached the 'dump' sort of area, Francie looked out to all the people and their pokemon working together. The idea of it one day being totally clean? ...well Francie wasn't sure that would ever happen, but she supposed maybe it could. Maybe one day.

"I think having the viewpoint that it could be possible, and having people in our lives who are reminders of that possibility, is super important."

Francie confirmed her belief before giving her onix, who had rolled his way over, a great big kiss on his rock nose before returning him. Her druddigon simply towered beside her, taking a seat in the sand and humming happily at the warmth of the sand.

"Wow... it really does look nice though, all cleaned up like this. I just hope they aren't going to plop a building on it. Leave it an open access beach, y'know?"

@samuel - post 5/5!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 22:39:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”I couldn’t agree more! Without that optimistic view, no progress could ever be made!” Samuel replied as he looked over the beach, admiring the work that had been done and the small part he played in that.

”It does look nice, doesn’t it.” Though he said this he couldn’t help but feel that it wasn’t going to last for very long. With that Samuel dropped off his load of garbage, dusting his hands off afterward.

”Well it was nice working with you Francie.” While it was surely a pleasant day to enjoy the beach, Samuel was a busy man and had a schedule to keep to.

”Hopefully we’ll cross paths with each other sometime, until then!”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 1:57:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 pokédollars, 5 infamy, 1x sparkling dust.
[break]
& @samuel