mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
vaellus [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 3:31:31 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

He's painfully nonchalant about all of this and it only encourages Thea to plan her escape route. She's never been one for dire measures but she's absolutely preparing to jump and pray that Drifblim can carry her.[break][break]

Thankfully, it doesn't come to that. [break][break]

Thea places a hand against the security of the mountain, digging her fingers into the rocky surface for support, despite knowing she won't fall off unless something really outrageous happens. But Lance stands his ground and doesn't seem at all phased or nervous.[break][break]

Had she not been genuinely intimidated, she might have found that incredibly attractive and brave. Instead, she's questioning his intelligence, facing such an immense and dangerous wild Pokemon.[break][break]

It baffles her further when he asks it if it's hungry as if expecting an answer. To her surprise, it does. The low rumble sends a shiver of dread down the back of her neck and she remains quiet and passive.[break][break]

But after a berry is given and an understanding met, the Gigalith's imposing approach seems a little less... death-threat-like.[break][break]

"Is... everything okay? We can turn around."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
vaellus [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 3:56:45 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]lance remains oblivious to how she had been planning her escape route. she could have jumped off the mountain and he would not have known a thing until he turned around. thankfully for both of them it doesn't come to that. her voice finally pulls him away from the gigalith.

"we're good. it was just a little bit curious and hungry." 

and then he turns to face her, one hand still on the rock-type. with his other hand he gestures for her to approach; the expression he wears is inviting. "it's safe, i promise." the gigalith makes another noise as it settles into the ground beneath them. it isn't blocking the entire path, thankfully.

"a lot of people jump to conclusions and most of them resort to attacking, but these pokemon are just often misunderstood. they might look intimidating but most of the time they mean no harm."

[newclass=.lancepost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
vaellus [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 4:03:25 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

As much as she wanted to believe him and believe that the situation was fine and the giant dangerous rock-type Pokemon blocking their path was fine, Thea was anything but. She remains composed and delicate and perfect in her muted expression, but she doesn't draw near at his insistence. Rather, she remains where she is and regards the both of them with scrutiny.[break][break]

Lance's hand remains on the Pokemon's craggy surface and she can't help but feel the tingle of dread pool in the hollow of her back. [break][break]

She exhales softly as the Pokemon settles down into the ground, but given how quickly it had detached itself from the wall nearby to begin with, she isn't convinced it won't just reanimate and come after them again. There was a reason you don't feed strays.[break][break]

"That isn't the same theory I've read."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
vaellus [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 4:14:09 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]she refuses to move and stays planted to her spot away from them, which he understands. lance only carries his calm disposition towards the gigalith because of his experience. he only hopes he can share it with her.

"theories aren't considered absolute truths. they can't be, miss rhodes." 

regardless, he pulls out an empty pokeball and holds it in the palm of his hand. the gigalith doesn't seem to react to it at the moment, perhaps understanding the tension between the group. somehow. lance is about ready to push the pokeball against the gigalith.

"this might be a good story to tell your children that things aren't always black and white. but i leave the choice up to you." 

[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
vaellus [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 4:22:06 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea is set in her ways, and the stiffness in her jaw depicts that quite clearly.[break][break]

He speaks but she's not listening to him, she's already decided that she's had enough and he's repeating an old conversation with someone that she wasn't prepared to relive. [break][break]

"But they are."[break][break]

Her voice is firm as she says this, as she shoulders her back and leans back on her heels. There's a look in her eyes that's telling, but what it's saying is illegible.[break][break]

While she watches, waits, listens to his explanation, his reasoning, she can hear the thud of her heartbeat in her ears. The deja vu. The frustration.[break][break]

"Black and white is what keeps us safe. If you'll excuse me, I- I'd- I'm--" [break][break]

It's clear she's reliving something, fighting for words, for the right words, the words she should have said.[break][break]

"You took that choice away from me."[break][break]

And then she turns around, aiming to detach from the situation and leave them behind. She's hasty, losing traction on disturbed gravel, reaching out with one hand to prevent herself from slipping.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
vaellus [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 4:30:51 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]it becomes clear that this isn't about the gigalith. he notices the telling look in her eyes, the stuttering of her words, and he comes to a decision to drop the topic entirely. the pokeball shrinks back down and he quickly pockets it before following after her. he doesn't even spare the gigalith a glance back.

"thea–" he calls out. his movements are more natural than hers and he finds no difficulties navigating even on the cruel terrain. it's why he's able to catch up to her so quickly.

"i didn't mean to put you in that situation." but he knows his words will fall on deaf ears. "tell me what's wrong."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
vaellus [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 4:36:12 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

He chases her and she feels the dread increase, her desperation to evacuate the situation is dire. Her breathing is rapid because she's focusing on shutting down the emotion and the dread and the grief. Oh god, she needs air. [break][break]

Thea slips, skidding and gasping as gravel sends her further down the path. The hike up had seemed difficult, but each step had been measured and careful. The steps down were precarious, slippery when in the heat of a moment.[break][break]

"Don't."[break][break]

She holds her hand out to stop him, or maybe herself. Her expression is a contorted mess that is ultimately unreadable.[break][break]

"Just.. forget it, I'm going home. I have more important things to do than discuss common sense with a grown man."[break][break]

Her words are meant to be biting, a defense mechanism to drive him away.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
vaellus [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 4:40:00 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]she skids and he's already reaching forward to offer a hand before her words stop him. he retracts his hand back and looks for an expression; anything that'll give him a semblance of understanding. he finds nothing.

"i think we both know this isn't about me." 

the bite in her words isn't strong enough to break his skin. he's heard worse. he's lived through worse. but should she wish to leave he does nothing to stop her.

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
vaellus [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 4:47:21 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea's hand falls back to her side, the other rising to brush sweaty hair from her cheek. There's heat in her cheeks as she avoids his gaze. He's right, after all, this isn't about him. But in a way it is, because he reminds her so much of the person this is about. And it's why she's so angry.[break][break]

Instead of responding, she huffs, a sharp exhale that indicates her frustration. There's no response from her because she doesn't know what to say. She isn't willing to lay bare her demons.[break][break]

"Let me go, Lance."[break][break]

Compared to the composed, powerful bite she had delivered before, these words come across weaker. But she still doesn't meet his gaze and instead forces herself to keep running.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
vaellus [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 9:52:04 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]he lets her go.

there's no point chasing after someone unwilling to share. lance knows as much. perhaps she's not ready the same way he isn't. things may change with time but until then, he watches her figure disappear out of sight.

she reminds him of someone. he just hasn't realized it yet.