part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
I love what you've done with the place [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 23:16:03 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

[]

The article Katherine was reading seemed to be a short one. It detailed the re-opening of Petalburg's Gym and listed a few of its conditions: the do's and the don't's. What a challenger was allowed to bring and the conditions of a traditional battle. Frankly, Kat could not care for any other information the news site could offer her.

She committed the name of the gym leader, Francie, into her memory before calling the number to schedule a fight for herself.

The Rocketess has only been through it once before, but it flowed wonderfully. A couple of questions she had to answer, a date she was available on, and if she was aware of the restrictions. Most of the call's time was spent by her answering with a plain 'yes' to the secretary.

And now, today was the day. She arrived at Petalburg City last night and stayed at a hotel so reaching the Gym will be less of a bother.

"Hello. I think it was you I spoke on the phone with?" She tells the first person she manages to spot inside the building, "I believe I am on time for my fight. Where am I supposed to meet the gym leader?"

tags:
notes: ---
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 0:06:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Aaaack!!"

Francie let out a yell as she checked her phone. It said she had an appointment that she had completely forgotten about, and it had her scrambling to her feet to rush into the front room through a few shortcuts built into the maze.

Once she was there, she flew through the door, blonde hair flying in the air before landing softly on her shoulders and, in her face. She puffed the hair out of her face and gave a bright greeting to a girl with phenomenal hair.

"Hi hello! I'm so sorry, really, I am. It's just such a maze in here.... that... was a pun, that I didn't realize-- please ignore it."

With that, Francie grinned and approached the challenger.

"You must be ! I've read up on what you sent, and I'm very excited to get started! Shall we make our way to the battle arena? It's just through here."

She pointed with her thumb over her shoulder toward the door she'd just flown out of.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 0:43:12 GMT

[]

Francie's chirpy and joyful demeanor seems to take Katherine by surprise. Her brows raise as she takes a moment to take everything in. Mostly the fact that this gym leader was unlike any other she had met before. Which... Okay, it wasn't much. There's only one gym leader she had met in person - but they were very different. If Kat didn't know any better, she would have assumed that this wasn't actually the person she was supposed to meet.

"It's alright. I only now made it. You aren't late or anything." A smile blossomed upon her lips as the blonde made her approach. "And yes, that's me. You can call me Kat." When the offer to move to the battle arena is made, she nods a couple of times and allows the owner of the gym to lead the way.

"I love what you've done with the place. I heard the renovations took some time to complete, but it looks like it was worth it."

A Pokeball is retrieved from her bag but she does not release the Pokemon it belongs to quite yet.

"I am all ready to start if you are."

tags:
notes: ---

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 1:07:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Thanks so much! I absolutely love it, right? It's big enough for a wailord if somebody wanted to bring one! Because who wouldn't?! If it was part rock, I'd totally have one."

There is a pride in Francie over her gym that she could now, in her growth as a trainer, gym leader, and woman, claim so fully it almost made her grin too wide.

"Welcome, challenger!"

Francie throws her hands out to the side and turns in a circle as they enter the huge area, which is in the center of the maze and above the tunnels of the underground maze below. She twists her frame around and takes a few jogging steps backward, tossing out her sudowoodo, Gaia, as she does so.

"We're ready as well, whenever you are! Get a focus, Gaia, it's about to get rough! I can tell, she's a tough cookie!"

The sudowoodo knows this cue, and even in it's complete stillness, conjures up a calm mind.

- battle has started!
gaia the sudowoodo uses calm mind!(+1 sp. atk & +1 sp. def)

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 1:23:56 GMT

[]

Maybe she was stalling.

Maybe she was trying to be polite.

Whichever it was, Katherine chose to release her Pokemon after the gym-leader herself had. And the release of the Sudowoodo earns a couple of blinks from the Rocketess. "Oh, I don't know about that. Tough like a cookie? No... But I have been told I am sweet like one." The smile lingers on her expression, never once fading. If there was anything she enjoyed-- it was this.

Battling.

"Come on out, Bolt!"

A Luxio is released from the Pokeball, his eyes already narrowed upon the Pokemon ahead of him. INTIMIDATE, the Electric-type's ability, comes into effect as soon as he releases a low growl that echoes within the arena. It intends to lower the Sudowoodo's attack then and there.

"She is as still as a rock, isn't she? Give her some face, Bolt. Scare her a little."

tags:
notes: luxio comes out and INTIMIDATE is in effect (-1 attack). it uses SCARY FACE to lower gaia's speed (-2 speed).

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 12:44:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]The little lion definitely had a special place in Francie's heart. Why? Simply because he was so cute and really there was no other reason. That and they were battling. Battles were always something that fired Francie up.

"Show 'im how that makes you feel, Gaia! Best look you can give! And when he's distracted, get 'im good!"

As if trying to glean the sympathy of the other pokemon, and with that magical pokemon battling charm, Gaia releases a tearful look upon the luxio. But all the while, one of those ever still branches is tensed and primed, ready for a sucker punch.

battle notes
gaia stat effects
+1 sp. atk & +1 sp. def, -1 atk & -2 spd
gaia uses tearful look! -1 atk & -1 sp. atk
gaia prepares for a sucker punch! (priority move)

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 14:47:00 GMT

[]

For a couple of moments, the electric-feline seems to doubt its own movements-- not eager to approach its opponent anymore. Sympathy is gained and it even considers giving up entirely.

"Come on, Bolt! Snap out of it. Use discharge!"

Although reluctant to act and follow his trainer's order, it is Sudowoodo that convinces the electric-type to act. The tree-like pokemon's SUCKER PUNCH lands without a miss, snapping Luxio out of his state of temporary confusion. This was still a battle-- now he understood it. Lightning cackles and surrounds the pokemon's form before being released in a wild burst. It is aimed at nowhere in particular, but rather the immediate surrounding of Bolt himself.

A proud roar of the pokemon's name echoes inside the arena. He knew not to let his opponent take advantage of him anymore.

X8nBv8mN
1 - 30 to paralyze the opponent.

tags:
notes: luxio's stats (-1 attack & -1 sp.attack). DISCHARGE is used after he spends a couple of moments to recollect himself.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 15:31:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Habit has Francie raising her hand to block the light from causing those annoying spots in her vision. She winces and huffs, that's sure to give the sudowoodo a slowing down, but she has faith in Gaia regardless.

"Be quick! Hit it from the ground, Gaia! Rock it's world!"

With all it can muster, if it even could, given the paralysis wouldn't stop him, Gaia attempts to use stone edge from beneath the beast, to jut out stones from the ground to knock the pokemon off guard, or just away enough that the sudowoodo doesn't feel threatened.

And if it's able to hit, what a solid shot that would be.

battle notes
gaia stat effects | +1 sp. atk & +1 sp. def, -1 atk & -2 spd
gaia status effect | paralyzed!
r48dciik
1-25 is fully paralyzed!

gaia attempts to use stone edge!

1-80 is a hit!

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]·
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 22:11:27 GMT

[]

If there was ever a fight Katherine prayed for a status effect to land, then it was this. Whereas the limitations of most gyms tended to be easy to work around, such wasn't the case of Francie's Gym. No type advantages, no dual-types - her selection for the battle alone was more limited than any official battle she'd taken part of.

And so, luck plays to her side.

"You can dodge it, Bolt! Jump as high as you can!"

The ground split asunder, allowing rocks to shoot out at Luxio. However, following his trainer's command, it gracefully leaps over Gaia before any of the stones manage to graze his skin. "This is your move, Bolt! DOUBLE KICK!"

And as soon as it lands, it executes the move. He attempts to slam his foot and kick Gaia not once but twice!

tags:
notes: luxio's stats (-1 attack & -1 sp.attack). after jumping away and managing to dodge stone edge, luxio uses DOUBLE KICK. it deals super-effective damage!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 13:57:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Wow!"

Battles like this got Francie's excitement to the max. She bounced in her spot, watching as Gaia was literally kicked to defeat. Her rock type tree fell backwards, swirls in his eyes. Either he was faking, or that double kick got him. But either way, she returned the sudowoodo and gave the ball a kiss.

"Good job, Gaia. We'll get there." Looking up to the challenger, Francie gave a brilliant grin. "Congratulations!"

As she jogged over, she pulled a small little case out of her pocket. Upon opening it, the Stone badge laid on a small cushion of velvet within the case.

"You, , are now the proud owner of the Stone Badge. You stuck with your pokemon, and showed a brilliant control and synchronization with Bolt."

Turning her attention to the electric type, Francie beamed, then looked back to Katherine.

"Great job!"

- gaia faints!
will submit to mod requests, congrats!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 23:07:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]gym battle complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]

you two receive the following: 50 pokedollars and 5 infamy.
[break]