Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Up and Coming [Open]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 17:54:31 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Despite being stationed at the building's back entrance Lucas could hear the crowd roaring. It permeated the walls of the building.

"So you do this kind of work often?" Lucas asked the other guard as he handed his kabutops a berry block. "Cause honestly this is a first time for me. Well sorta the first time actually. I had a similar job before, but that was a breeze for the most part."

As he spoke the sun continued to set. It painted the their surroundings with hues of orange.
[break]
Mission
Open to one league member

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
born into this dying world, its time is up
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
Up and Coming [Open]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 18:04:16 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar

so her first job coming back to hoenn was to stand guard? not.. exactly what she expected (like there was anything to expect, in the first place).

she plays with strands of blue between her fingers, only dropping her gaze from the garchomp that towered over, on guard, to glance at her ob partner. "not really, no." she responded, beginning to lean back onto the wall. her lips curl into a smile, hearing his latter words "doesn't sound like i need to worry, then."

hues of gold glance towards the city, as the few street lights began to flicker on to illuminate a soon, darkened sky. "it's been a while since i've been in hoenn" she comments, "i'm relieved to see that not too much has changed."

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Up and Coming [Open]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 18:38:32 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Maybe, better to be safe than sorry though."

Lucas turned his head towards Daphne with a quizzical look. "Really? I thought it was just Alex that left." Lucas had heard the news of her brother's departure from his close friend .

"Were you expecting some grand changes in the few months you were away?" A pair of men walking down the nearest sidewalk catch Lucas' eye. But as they turn a corner and disappear into the depths of the city he quickly forgets about them. "Besides the contest fiasco I think nothings changed too much."
[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
Up and Coming [Open]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 18:46:43 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar

she pays little mind to the people who hook into an alleyway - so long as they weren't trying to force their way in, or look shady to steal a thing or two, there wasn't a thing she had to really worry about.

"after alex returned, i decided to leave for a little while and clear my mind in unova." she explains, pulling a pokeblock from her bag to hold up to the garchomp that leaned over to pierce with a claw. "and considering how eventful hoenn has been, i wouldn't be surprised"

she turns her gaze back up to him, offering a small smile and tilt of her head "formalities aside.. how have you been, lane?".

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Up and Coming [Open]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 19:19:02 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Exhausted. Though that's nothing new for me." Lucas let out a pained laugh. "But I'm hiring an assistant for the summer, so things should be getting easier for me." With any luck the position would extend past the summer months. It'd alleviate untold amounts of stress from the head scientist.

"Been getting into new hobbies like battling too recently. Challenged a few gyms already. So so results on those though." There wasn't any disappointment in his words. They'd been a valuable learning experience for him.
[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
Up and Coming [Open]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 20:10:22 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar

"i can only imagine" she lowers her head, letting out a soft giggle with his pained laughter. "hopefully, an assistant will help with alleviating some of the stress and work that comes with it." since she, of all people, knows what stress can do for a person. possibly to a higher degree than him, but she hoped that was the case.

her ears perk up at the talk of gym battles, though. her garchomp seemed somewhat interested in the topic too, being one for battling over the peaceful life that his trainer preferred to lead. "is that so? that sounds like a good relief from the desk and books all the time, though." she idly hums in thought "i've thought about challenging gyms in my free time. although, i can't say i'm as invested as my brother."

that, and she didn't exactly know too much about them to begin with. she never bothered to learn.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Up and Coming [Open]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 0:42:57 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Yeah, it's a nice change compared to my other hobbies." Lucas interjected. While it wasn't something that got him more active it was something that got him outside.

"Really? Well I'd recommend signing up for them now. The wait for some of them can be months long. I read a review for one where the person waited almost a year." Lucas spoke of the online reviews for 's gym.

"Did you and Alex ever train together at least?" Lucas chimed in after Daphne's last words. He didn't face her as he spoke. Instead opting to keep his eyes on the lookout for any suspicious individuals.
[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
Up and Coming [Open]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 19:12:42 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar

"an entire year? arceus, that sounds terrible."

she shudders at the thought; she can't imagine waiting that long for a battle, but it was reasonable considering the amount of trainers that ran around - between the adults trying to become stronger or using this as a hobby, or the fresh trainers trying to finish their shiny scavenger hunt to climb to the top.

"we have when we were younger" a soft sigh escapes her lips, briefly recalling the older days where the siblings would train their pokemon together. the times were rare, but she always found it amusing even when she lost. "but i could only rarely beat him. granted, i don't think battling is much of my for--"

she's cut of, only by her garchomp softly growling as he glared off into a connecting alleyway; the same of which the earlier men had entered into. "is something wrong, cinnabar?" she asks, only for the dragon to let out another low growl.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Up and Coming [Open]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2020 2:01:26 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

A zigzagoon scurried out of the alleyway. In its mouth was an aged apple core.

"Just a zigzagoon."

Lucas and his kabutops watch as it raced through the parking lot and disappeared down a side street. Inside the building the sound of foot traffic soars. Spectators walk past their emergency exit door to leave through the exit.

Once the spectators had all left a male company employee opened the door the two guarded. "Shows over you two, you can head on home." The employee immediately shut the door.

Lucas stretched out a hand towards Daphne. "It was nice seeing you again Daphne."
[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
Up and Coming [Open]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 3:14:05 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar

pleasant, it was just a pokemon. her garchomp gradually relaxed as it scuttled around, back into the trashbin in hopes to find some kind of food it could munch on. by the time a man had come out, she pulls a pokeball from her side with the intention to call her garchomp back.

"thank you." she says to the employee, offering a smile before turning back to lucas. daphne takes his hand into a firm shake, offering that same smile to him. "it was nice seeing you again, too. i'd love to hear more about your gym battles another time."

and with those words, she lowers her arm and took off.