Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Visit and Brawl [B/C]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 21:39:55 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Loneliness was a sludge that clung to someone and grew, grew and did nothing else but weigh one down. Kaida was usually good at staving off the feeling, so she wondered why the twinge grew in her chest. Maybe having a taste of contact had ruined her carefully maintained solitude. She remembered that the door was always open, and she had said she didn't need a big reason to visit, correct? [break][break]

In the interests of trying to stay hidden, Muspel dropped them off only near the home, and Kaida walked the rest of the way. An odd new family member walked by her side, an almost mindless hustle to the strangely independent Durant. Ormr stared at it and clung closer to Kaida, I'm sure how to communicate with the steel being, nothing like a rocky Onix, it's expression could scarcely be determined. Svart needed the walk, to get used to Kaida, so here she was. [break][break]

Mandibles clicking, the Durant reached the home first and, before Kaida made any attempt to order it, pounded her head against the door. This was where they were trying to go, right? She was just making it easier for Kaida!

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Battle thread!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Visit and Brawl [B/C]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 22:22:33 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Just like the last time someone had come by for a visit, Lars was currently in the shower trying to cool down. Already the weather was starting to feel not so great and everywhere was fucking sticky, especially in the humidity of the region’s weather.

While the shower provided temporary respite, the fact of the matter was that summer was already headed their way and it was going to be one killer time of the year—it was no wonder he despised summer so much. It made his laundry much more taxing to do, for starters.

Back where the Lucario was meditating in the living room, a sudden shake rattled his concentration. Looking around, he wondered where Lars was—but he was nowhere to be seen. The concerning thing here was that there was a… dent… on the door?

Wait, a dent?

Getting up, the Lucario then padded over to the door and opened it as best as his paws could allow, auric abilities flaring for a few moments as he caught sight of another woman waiting outside. It wasn’t the same as the last one… hm.

I am so sorry, Lars is in the shower right now lol

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Visit and Brawl [B/C]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 22:39:55 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Svart looked up, letting out a friendly(?) clicking at the Pokemon before her. That was strange, didn't humans usually live in these things? This Pokemon did look like a human, though. [break][break]

While the Durant pondered possibly changing times, Kaida's brisk walk took her to the front of the door, halting a moment as she came upon a Lucario, not Lars. "Hello...I never caught your name, apologies." She attempted to peer past the Pokemon, speaking as she caught no signs of Lars' presence, "I'm Kaida, I'm a Ranger of Lars, could we come in?" She spoke easily, as if talking to a Lucario at the door was the most natural thing in the world. [break][break]

If given any type of permission, Svart predictably bumbled ahead, metallic legs scrambling across the ground. Had the taste-smell of food, human, and water. Were they taking supplies from here? Kaida would walk in far calmer, already relaxed as she ensure her new family member didn't take it upon herself to raid the kitchen.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Battle thread!...when we get there!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Visit and Brawl [B/C]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 4:15:11 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The Lucario’s eyebrows went up in confusion initially. However, when the young lady mentioned his human companion’s name, he stepped aside to let her in—although his gaze traveled to the strange ant Pokémon that had charged on ahead and was probably making a beeline towards the kitchen, which was bad. Mostly.

The jackal Pokémon then pointed to the sofa, before heading towards the bedroom and peeking inside. Just in time, because Lars had finally managed to haul his ass out of the bathroom and was now in the middle of drying his hair. At the appearance of the Lucario peeking into his room, he asked, “Who’s there?”

Alpha continued to tilt his head out the door, before he sighed. Quickly pulling on a shirt to match the pale orange shorts he now wore, he then went out of the room with the towel still in his hair before seeing who his visitor was.

“Uhh, Kaida?” he began as he saw the ant Pokémon attempting to make headway towards the kitchen. “Is that Pokémon yours?”

Lars appears from the shower. Hair down, of course.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Visit and Brawl [B/C]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 19:15:18 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

As the Lucario headed deeper into the home, likely to find the master of this place, Svart blindly stompted forward and was...stopped? A hand upon her back attempted to turn the Durant around, Kaida finding it harder to read the bug-type's expression than even a serpent, but Svart seemed patient enough while she and the human figured out what the other wanted. "We will eat later, I promise you." Kaida hissed at Svart, who finally relented and allowed Kaida to turn her away. [break][break]

Kaida looked up as a stranger, no, Lars, walked in. To her irritation, he looked different, but the voice was still recognizable. "Yes, this is Svart...she's new, I think she still thinks we have to eat constantly to survive." Safety and stability weren't exactly the definitions of a Durant's life. She was already an oddity that barely qualified for Kaida to use in her group, she was still hard to read for Kaida. "Svart, let's rest." [break][break]

Thank goodness, the steel bug did not take that as an invitation to jump on the couch. She clattered over, stopped, and abruptly laid down. Moving to sit at the couch, Kaida observed her surroundings, "Were you...busy?" She let Ormr off to sit beside her, he was possibly the cleanest of the trio, "I just wanted to visit, nothing important right now."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Visit and Brawl [B/C]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 13:36:52 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The sight of the Durant was more than enough to make the Lucario turn towards Lars with enough cause for concern—luckily, the human who accompanied the strange Pokémon was able to make them stop from venturing further into the kitchen.

Who knew what those mandibles were capable of.

“Did you—did you have any run-ins with anyone else after we last met?” he inquired as he finished off drying his hair before slinging the towel across one shoulder. “How have you been lately? Did you… did you get that checked? he continued, tilting his head slightly in the direction of where… of where the injury was supposed to have left its mark on her.

Who knew what long-lasting effects it had, that flaming attack on her during the incident that had transpired recently.

“No, not really. I just got out of the shower, so I’m not doing anything. Is… is there something you wanted to do? Something I should know about?”

not too busy. shall we?

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Visit and Brawl [B/C]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 21:34:06 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida couldn't read a room very well, but she could read her Pokemon, and Svart was a little tense. She could tell Lars was fearing her, and was currently stuck between two options. Lay further and appear non-threatening, or rise up and make him back away. Yes, Kaida knew this man, but she didn't. Kaida met eyes with the steel ant and, not even certain if it understood, it did choose to stay...relatively peaceful looking. "She won't hurt anyone...the most she have done is try to steal berries." Kaida attempted to assure Lars, understanding of the fact that the insect was a little unnerving, possessing nearly no expression. [break][break]

Kaida paused momentarily, mulling over her experiences before choosing the easier of the questions. "I woke up in a hospital, so they checked me over...even if it hurts, if they didn't find anything wrong then, it's just a nuisance to me. Not a real burn." Anything than to be back there, under that much scunity. Her fingers found the Durant nearby, rapping out a nervous beat, "But I did talk with...two people." She raised one finger, "One was Illeana...she's a fri...ally, of mine. She's safe, a kind woman." The blossom of a smile died abruptly, "Then...Fernando, I'm sorry, we met by luck and I didn't want to run, that would certainly be worse than staying, I thought." Even saying it out loud, it sounded logical, but she didn't imagine the strange shame that burned her face. So quick, and she didn't even mess up, she met the man by accident. So what was this? [break][break]

What she wanted to do? "Other than that meeting, I was trying to introduce Svart here to my life. A new Pokemon like her, she doesn't know who I know, not to eat what we can't, how to battle with me. I thought it would be good to introduce her to someone I know, like you." She pointing at Lars, speaking carefully, "This is Lars. He is family to us. His Pokemon too." [break][break]

Svart clicked. Family? Looking nothing like her!?

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Visit and Brawl [B/C]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 20:23:41 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The Lucario kept an eye on the Durant all the same, before Lars returned from the kitchen proper with a tray that had sandwiches along with water before setting them down on the coffee table between them.

“Here, help yourself,” he gestured as he began to pour out the water for the two glasses before getting a sandwich for himself. As he listened to her account, he almost spat out the bite he’d recently taken from the sandwich.

“Did—did he…” he began, alarm bells going off in his head.

“What did he ask you,” he inquired quietly. “Did he come off as… abrasive? Overbearing?” he continued as he waited for her answer. Oh, he was going to have to brace himself for another shit storm that would be potentially coming his way if ever.

The talk turned back to her Durant, and he was welcome for the distraction. “It takes time for unfamiliar Pokémon to get used to us, to our ‘scent’ if you may,” he nodded after a few moments of silence.

“Is there something else you wanted to share with us?” he added.

momentary panikk

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Visit and Brawl [B/C]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 4:25:04 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida had snatched a sandwich the moment the opportunity presented itself, quickly working to split it in half as Svart climbed to her feet, mouth-parts working incessantly. Before the Durant could cause a ruckus, she had the food in her mandibles, calming as Kaida sighed and started working on her own food. [break][break]

"He seemed surprised, I think. Probably didn't know I was alive." Well, that would be obvious, wouldn't it? "And he kept bringing up that there was alot of people breaking rules." She couldn't help but let out a harsh sound, a mix of laughter and a snort, and containing all the mockery of each, "I tried not to say anything...and then he said he was glad I was ok. That...would be a lie, right?" As if having the memory again, she bit angrily into her sandwich. The man had felt so perfectly human, and Kaida was finding she was starting to understand what she felt, she hated it. [break][break]

"I actually thought we could practice together, in battle." Her speech slowed, uncertain, "We can make less mistakes next time something happens and jobs...help...but-" Protecting civilians was noble and fine for training, but she wasn't going to pretend it truly prepared for the danger she had been in, "Just an idea, you must be skilled, and Svart needs to get strong fast." She couldn't afford to sit around, and if the little ones of her family were already getting stronger, so did the newcomers. A pack of highly skilled Pokemon was far better than a singular one.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Visit and Brawl [B/C]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 18:02:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Best be careful around him,” he said as he took a bite of his sandwich.

“You never know if whatever you mention would be turned against you and like, might get you implicated further. Honestly, he’s such a stickler for rules at times it can get really grating,” he added a few moments later after he had taken a generous bite out of the sandwich he was working on.

The main objective for the visit became clear as she explained her intention, and he chuckled softly.

“To be honest? Majority of my Pokémon are made to handle situations in the wild,” he continued after having taken a drink. “My two Badges so far are a lucky fluke, because they’re the result of non-traditional challenges… oh, that reminds me, he said as he drifted off into thought.

“Why don’t you start collecting badges of your own, too? I mean—with some people ‘power is everything’, but for me it’s more a question of how you can handle yourself in situations. We can practice—outside. I’m quite certain your Durant companion’s rather hungry,” he ended with a chuckle as he watched the mandibles make short work of the sandwich it had been given.

“Feel free to feed her some more sandwiches if you want.”

he gives some advice

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Visit and Brawl [B/C]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2020 2:42:40 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida wrinkled her nose with a grumbling sound, "Rules." Yes, yes, she understood the means of making sure people didn't harm each other (heaven knew people needed it) but it was all hopelessly restricting to one who already knew not to do wrong! Of course she knew to do good, wasn't that common instinct!? "I think I was careful." [break][break]

She seemed unswayed as Lars explained his own Pokemon were more used for wild situations. It didn't matter to her, he was still skilled, even if that experience wasn't direct battle. Quickness, thought, that was what she was looking for. Call it prideful, but she trusted a Pokemon from the Rangers to think than from a trainer. [break][break]

Then, badges were brought up. [break][break]

A hand raised to scratch rather sheepishly at the side of her head, "Yes I've...actually started." Pride leaked through her hesitant smile, "No battles either, but I want to have them." A badge for getting through a maze was rather unremarkable, but it proved her survivability. "They'll, ah, they'll let others know I'm strong...without any doubts." She needed others to know, to respect that, to know she knew what she was doing. No doubts, not at her. [break][break]

At the word "outside", Svart jumped to her feet with abrupt movement, only pausing to grab another sandwich handed her way. Good family, this one. "I think she's ready." Kaida swung upwards, picking up Ormr so that he might watch, "I'll try to be careful." Confident words, with a new new Pokemon.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Visit and Brawl [B/C]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 18:13:35 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

There were times that he wanted to use codenames for certain people he didn’t want to talk about, and now was one of them—he didn’t realize that they had a common ‘enemy’ in the name of a certain councilman until that very moment.

Power is everything? For him, maybe. For me it’s something else entirely… if you abuse it, then you’ve fucked yourself six ways to Sunday, he thought as he gently urged the platter of sandwiches her way.

“You can take some for the road. I still have quite a lot of supplies here,” he said as he snagged one last sandwich before nodding in Alpha’s direction—who then went to his room to retrieve the other Pokéballs for him. Eventually he led the way outside, into Verdanturf proper.

There were flowers everywhere, and it was deemed too pretty to ruin all of them. “We can practice over here,” he said as he pointed to a particular part of the town where the antsier residents would go to have Pokémon battles without trampling down on the flowers.

Right then and there the Lucario reappeared, holding a whole host of Pokéballs in his paws.

“Thank you, Alpha. So—“ he remarked, turning to face Kaida once more. “One on one?”

let us begin brawling

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Visit and Brawl [B/C]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2020 2:26:16 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Let it be known Kaida never refused an offer, especially regarding food. Except for Ormr, her group followed Lars into town, eating all the while...don't worry, they'd save some, they weren't gluttons! [break][break]

Svart looked around where she assumed that battle would be, clicking curiously. A battle here was not the type of battle she preceded, among rocky outcrops and dirt. Strange. It was strange for Kaida too, who usually preceded a battle with all her Pokemon present, not the rigid one on ones. Still, if it was required for more strength that could be seen and used, she'd do it. Rarely were fights done to one's advantage, right? [break][break]

"I'm ready, Svart, ready?" The Durant took her place in front of Kaida. Good. "Yes, one on one is just fine."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Battle thread!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay