thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 11:06:11 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]the sandstorm buffets as it rages on. the piece of cloth wrapped around his face does little to help against it. his vision is impaired which means his movement is as well. he can only cover so much ground before night falls and judging by his progress, it just might by the time he finds what he's looking for.

lance is not alone. his surprised is masked but he makes his approach regardless. "hey! you see anything slither by recently?" he points to the gaps in the sand; obvious tracks of something moving through. 

mission
@open

[newclass=.lancepost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 16:26:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]although he would like to use his lovely daisy to track something, the desert is no place for that. therefor, he has instead, that dumbass little bug that seemed to be proving itself more and more useful as the days went by.

it was annoying, tracking something in the desert without a scent, but it was necessary considering he wanted to get the skin off of the prize.

that pipe dream was rudely interrupted by a familiar voice. asher's frown is even charming, which he gives to lance as he approaches.

"ooooof course it's you."

there was something in his tone that said, 'fuck me,' but then again, that's typically in every tone asher manages to have, since he likes to fuck.

"yes, it's progressing south. i've a feeling we might run into a big of an issue if we pursue it too quickly. it would likely be best to take our time in our approach. though, it's only a suggestion."

for as much as asher doesn't like this individual, who is regal and beautiful and good enough for unlike himself, asher also dislikes conflict just as much. so he will likely allow lance the lead... how annoying.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 16:37:49 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]"ah fuck." 

is it too late to turn around? probably. he narrows his eyes in annoyance but the sandstorm helps masks his true feelings towards the man. not that there is any point to masking it in the first place, as lance has been more than clear about his opinions on asher.

surprisingly, he is allowed the lead. "good suggestion, leivern." lance gives the teacher a swift pat on the shoulder as he steps pass him to start following the trail. he pulls the cloth up over the bridge of his nose and continues squinting through the thick of the sandstorm. he asks a question, curiosity getting the better of him.

"why are you tracking this thing?"

[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 16:51:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]for poke.

that was the quickest answer. money, money, money.

however, asher doesn't want to come out of the closet about that side of his life to lance. for all lance knew, he was an investor and teacher for the pokemon academy in rustboro city.

"why wouldn't i? while in town, it was mentioned this fiend was causing some trouble. i decided to take it upon myself to help. prove to the rangers that the money i'm putting in i'm willing to back up with my actions."

or something.

could this mission be over yet? asher was getting bored talking to lance...

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 16:58:38 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]lance makes no effort to hold back the chuckle that escapes him at asher's response. at no point does he ever turn to look at the man. 

"that doesn't sound like you at all, leivern. you sure it's not for the glory? maybe it's a gift for a special someone?" 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 17:04:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]asher's entirety deadpans at lance. at that moment he realizes it's time to be professional and not take the bait.

even if he does want to punch lance and bury him in the dessert, it would be better to finish this job and make his way back.

"well, well. seems your people skills aren't as barbaric as i'd thought. you're quite perceptive."

it might have been sarcastic.

"a gift for a friend, that's exactly it. well done. you've seen through my elaborate scheme."

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 17:13:21 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]"it's okay to be wrong sometimes. i thought you'd be familiar with this concept by now." he laughs as if to emphasize his words are meant to be taken in jest. his eyes continue to follow the gaps in the sand; asher's words ring true: they do lead south.

"i'm afraid you'll have to disappoint your friend."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 16:08:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Asher immediately dislikes that he took that in jest, as it was meant. Why? Because he's not supposed to like Lance and for whatever reason, they mutually accepted that the tease was funny.

Gross.

"Oh?"

Asher's interest peaks and suddenly he's back to disliking Lance because Lance seems to keep getting in his way and creating problems in his life.

"And why is that? Is it dead?"

Asher didn't mind personal space invasion, even with people he didn't like, which lead to him using Lance's shoulders to steady himself as he looked ahead to see if whatever they were following was dead or not.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 16:22:35 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]the teacher grabs on to his shoulders and he allows it if only to continue whatever civility the two of them share at the moment. but he'd be lying if he said he didn't want to tear asher off of him.

"why do you think i'm tracking it, leivern?" 

it's meant to be rhetorical. "a ranger would try and solve why the snake is being so aggressive. maybe relocate it if need be."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2020 14:02:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Asher's face deadpans for the second time since venturing out with Lance. It's become a near default expression that Asher shares when Lance is around. He backs away, mildly impressed that Lance doesn't just smell like sweat and brooding testosterone. He can't quite place the scent, but it doesn't suck.

How annoying.

"It's very heroic... you know, in most true fairy tale stories, the heroes die by the end of the story."

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 6:40:59 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]"and i'm sure you'd be the first to celebrate." 

the tracks eventually lead to an end and the oddiity of it has lance humming. he almost lowers himself to a knee to investigate but that would have ended terribly. the circular patterns in the sand is telling.

lance points it out. "it's waiting for someone to step over it." he places a hand on asher's shoulder. "you're up."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 15:05:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"If it's up to me, Volley," a nickname after Lance's surname. "You'll have quite the party for a funeral."

Not a threat, but a tease, which was partnered with a grin of sorts. Though the tease was short lived, considering the hand on his shoulder. He gives Lance a look as if Lance suggested he had gotten plastic surgery. Naturally this beautiful, ta.

"Excuse you?" Asher nearly whispers before snorting. "That's why we have pokemon."

With a swift movement of Asher's wrist, out comes a vibrava, the very same that helped in the tower and proved not to suck. At least, not as much as his incredibly pointless golbat, batty.

"See that down there, Berke? Take care of it, will you?"

The vibrava's eyes twist and finally focus with a few buzzes. A dragon breath and out the sandaconda came, hissing and trying to snap at the vibrava. Luckily, the sandaconda's attempt at dig doesn't work on the vibrava, who simply buzzes about in mild panic while probably cursing Asher in vibrava.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 15:14:17 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]no one can ever fault lance for not trying. he expresses his disappointment with a frown as he watches asher call out a pokemon instead of stepping on the hidden snake-pokemon himself.

"should've pushed you while i had the chance." 

aava flutters to life and once it hears a click, it rushes forward to deliver a SHADOW CLAW on the ground-type. with it being a two-on-one battle, there's no doubt that they'll end up victorious.

"don't kill it," he says to no one in particular but his eyes trail over to asher.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 15:24:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Why Volley, I'm offended. Of course we won't kill it."

Unfortunately. They won't even be catching it! And the disappointment is clear on Asher's features, even if he's pretending not to be offended.

His vibrava and Lance's shedninja are able to make a very decent mess of the thing, weakening it enough to where it's not much of a threat. Asher recalled his vibrava, who had been mid-victory dance when he did so. He then waved toward Lance to approach the beast.

"Go on then, poke-whisperer. Tell me, what caused it to attack the people?"

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
aavikko [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 5:20:04 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]a two-on-one battle is not much of a battle and they make quick work of the sandaconda, bringing it close to fainting. aave remains on guard, hovering close as lance approaches the restrained ground-type. one investigate look later tells him all he needs to know.

"fear. something drove it out of its home and it became more territorial as a result." he points to its body. "it hasn't gotten much food lately, which is probably because of the unfamiliar territory." 

taking an empty pokeball out, he drops it on the snake and watches as the capsule shakes before coming to a halt. "i understand lavaridge has a sanctuary so i'll probably release it there. it also has a nice gift store so it might be wise to shop for your friend there."