twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 17:31:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]there's no avoiding the HYPER VOICE that comes their way. alexander brings his hands up to his ears, knowing that the battle is over and all he can do is watch as primarina succumbs to the pain. she falls to the ground, defeated.

when the noise finally settles, alexander recalls his pokemon, unable to feel content about the battle because he still doesn't have a clear understanding of what happened. so he approaches kyle, badge in hand, and extends it over to him.

"i don't know what that move was but it was potent. you've certainly grown a lot, kyle. i'm proud of you."

[newclass=.devonpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,413 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 20:09:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"have you heard of passho berries?" he asks alex as he accepts the badge from him. "those things give pokemon the ability to do those moves, so keep an eye out for them if you can."

the praise gets him to scratch his chin as he turns away bashfully to escape eye-to-eye contact. he recovers after a moment. one day, he'll adapt to getting his composure straight whenever he receives compliments.

"now that that's over, this is where we get to catch up on things." he quickly brings out his phone and looks for the nearby cafes or restaurants with the best ratings on yelp. "you have a lot of sharing to do with me, right?" he teases.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 16:02:15 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]oh, passho berries! alexander remembers planting one in his garden a while ago. his gardener most likley harvested it and now it's somewhere in his house—he'll have to go find it later.

"i have been known to share a lot."

they soon find themselves in one of the best seafood restaurants sootopolis has to offer. alexander sips on his water as they wait for their food to arrive, and knowing kyle, they've probably ordered quite a bit.

"so, what would you like to know, kyle?"

[newclass=.stone] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone b] color: #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone i] text-decoration: underline dotted #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,413 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2020 11:44:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"so, what have you been doing all this time?"

kyle was texting on his phone under the table since it would be disrespectful to do it visibly. a message delaying an appointment was sent, though kyle isn't quite confident about the spelling of his words.

"crazy things happened while you were been gone. i guess it's been equally as crazy for you?"

it was difficult to point out what was the last thing on hoenn alex had experienced since it's one incident after the other. he plays it vague so he doesn't humiliate himself with misinformation.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2020 14:59:42 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]"not as crazy for me, i'm afraid."

the couple at a table not too far away from them receive their dishes and the delicious aroma carries all the way over. alexander can't help but peer over at the food for a moment.

"i helped relocate my family to sinnoh, which didn't take that long, but i got caught up in the region's affairs."

the answer is vague but it's simply because alexander is not able to share more, bound by secrecies out of his control. he reaches for the water, before taking a sip.

"i suppose a part of me was afraid to return as well. i just left, you know? i broke my promise to the region. i can only hope to make up for it now."

[newclass=.stone] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone i] text-decoration: underline dotted #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,413 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2020 11:30:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that sucks. i'm guessing that's also the reason why you're opting to be gym leader instead of taking the champion spot again?"

he wants to ask if the choice was his or the council's, but decides that it's insensitive enough.

"you have to make it up to me too, by the way. the champion's responsibilities got divvied up across the e4, y'know?" kyle teases. a friendly smile comes up to his expression, trying to convey the humor in his words.

with 's reluctance to trust with responsibilities and 's tendency to become a wild card, kyle usually becomes the go-to. kyle hates it because it devolved into being a hangout buddy for the councilman since he has no other friends.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 14:50:02 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]"there were, are, complications with me taking the champion spot again, so this seemed like the better option, at least for now."

alexander was ready to jump right back into the thick of things, to fully commit to the league and the region again. but easing back into it had been more of a blessing than he originally thought. to be able to slow down, to familiarize himself with the new ebb and flow of the region, has been immensely helpful.

the tease earns a genuine chuckle and a nod. "how many meals will it take?" jokes and laughter always come easier with kyle, who just brings it out of alexander, perhaps their friendship more valued than he realizes.

"those responsibilities may fall to you eventually, kyle. is that something you would want?" he sets the glass of water back down. "champion kyle lopez has a nice ring to it."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,413 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 18:34:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oi, don't tease about that thing. i'm already happy that the attention's not on me for a change." there's a look on kyle that suggested him being serious about it, but it melts to a wry smile that tells alex otherwise.

"having a champion with a very normie name's not that exciting, really. 'kyle'? haha..."

he starts to laugh awkwardly before he shuts himself up after realizing that he may be compensating from the fact he does have a chance of taking the title after other people have suggested it to him too.

a sigh to calm himself down comes up before he looks up to alex.

"maybe i'll take it if no one else takes it later this year," he jests before he quickly shifts the subject of the topic back to alex. "why sootopolis though?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 13:31:55 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]"champion kyle," he corrects, but he understands kyle's reservations. not with his name, but with how he doesn't want attention on him. he's always been that way, alexander supposes.

maybe that's why he's a little surprised by kyle's response, even if it is a jest. but the subject shifts before alexander has a chance to comment on it.

"i like sootopolis! very lovely city." but it's not the answer kyle's looking for. he chuckles, continuing. "rustboro is in good hands with noah, and i figured i can get more done here."

the waiter finally returns with their food and lays various plates of seafood in front of them. alexander gestures for them to start while he speaks.

"olivia needed the help as well. as do the people." he pauses. "it also helped with getting elected to the council." the news is still fresh, and kyle is the second to hear about it.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,413 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 19:45:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"wait! wait..."

kyle is left to ponder on the topic as the food arrives that he cannot even react to the pungent smells of each dish properly. he has heard about the retirement of the councilwoman, although he wasn't exactly privy about the process of the council on getting another person in their ranks.

when it all clicks, kyle finally opens his mouth.

"you're the replacement?" kyle asks. despite the disbelief in his awkward smile, it was still a smile at the end of the day. "you're not kidding, right?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 14:49:28 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]the pungent smell of seafood is distracting and alexander is mid-bite when kyle finally asks his question. he freezes, squid dangling off the ends of his fork before he lowers it.

"i never really thought about it like that..." he takes a moment to think about it now. he eventually chuckles, breaking the silence. "i suppose i am the replacement. that sounds much less impressive than it did before."

finally, he eats the squid. it's chewy in his mouth, but seafood is a delicacy he has come to love. he needed to adapt to the local cuisine, after all.

"i heard one of the elite four stepped away." another squid is soon devoured. "any ideas who you would want as a replacement?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,413 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 18:13:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it's not about how you got the position, but what you do with it," kyle reminds alex in his own way of backing him up. his eyes were on the food when he spoke, however. "with both council and gym leader though, i'm sure you can do a lot."

kyle immediately goes for the crabs. he takes a chunk of it and places it on his plate. once in, his concentration goes to working on getting through its shell.

the conversation goes as normal.

"out of the gym leaders, the ones i liked my battles with either moved on from the position or, well," his eyes move up to look briefly at alex before going back to his meal, "already have too much on their hands. can't really think of anyone to be honest."

eventually, he chuckles. "looking at the similarities me, storms, bailey and amavi have, i'm not sure if there's anyone else that fit the mold to be honest, but that's just me."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 18:54:28 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]kyle's words, as surprising they may be coming from him, serve as a reminder for alexander that his actions moving forward are what matters the most. he dips his head in agreement, grateful for the reminder.

the lobster tail baked with garlic lemon butter is next to be eaten. he cuts a good chunk of it off, moving it onto his own plate as he listens to kyle's answer.

"it might be worth exploring finding someone that doesn't fit the mold. a mold breaker, perhaps."

but alexander ultimately agrees. their choices are limited and as scary as it is, there is a strong possibility that the elite four will be the elite three for a while.

taking a bite of the lobster, alexander asks: "what do you think of noah?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,413 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2020 19:13:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"nope. definitely not."

the answer was instantaneous as if no thought had been put into it. his hands work on his food systematically as he makes a quick decision to exclude him from his choices.

"he's not really breaking the mold for me," kyle finally reasons out. "i'm already working with someone willing to be a martyr, and a wildcard. can i have someone with some semblance of self-preservation please."

there's also the fact that he'd rather not have noah to be held in the same expectations as kyle was whenever a crisis arises.

although he's not as close to perse as the other elite four members, he appreciates her for the fact that she wouldn't accidentally kill herself with her decisions in life. maybe this appeal to someone within the council will have some consideration for their choices.

"this is the part where you push all the work of finding a replacement to ferny," he jests.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 10:19:38 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]the instantaneous answer catches alexander by surprise. so quick to dismiss the thought, he wonders if it was even entertained. regardless, he doesn't linger on it for too long, perhaps understanding where kyle is coming from.

kyle's jest is met with a soft chuckle. "if i did that we would end up with another martyr or wildcard. possibly both." odds are whoever the council ends up going with will be one or the other anyways. he sighs, knowing their choice will not be an easy one to make.

"who knows? ferny might end up taking the position himself."