verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 16:16:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a meeting with beforehand had him believe that the ceo of silph co. had been missing. if someone from a family that amassed a great fortune couldn't locate a person, kyle would be reluctant to believe otherwise.

the roster of gym leaders told him that either the brother was just really good at hiding or the sister was just a good actor. there's also the possibility that she may not have hired the right people, but he'd rather not consider it.

kyle appears in front of the gym, eager to see if he was just, indeed, late for the news. he can't help it since he just spent the last few months playing video games since it's been so peaceful (besides a certain tree event) that there's been no need for their services as elite four.

"i heard someone came back and didn't even come say hi to me," he greets as he enters the gym.

from beside him, two other mightyena walk past. noses sniff the air curiously as their ears pop up with the scent of a familiar person. they venture forward, eager to greet.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 6:59:47 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]"mister lopez," he turns to meet a familiar face with a warm smile. the two mightyena bound forward and he dotes on them briefly before nearing kyle. as odd as it may be, there's no hesitation in how alexander reaches out for a hug. "it's good to see you, kyle." 

kyle lopez–from league cadet to elite four, his journey has been nothing short of amazing. from the reports he's read to the stories the people tell, alexander would not be surprised if the champion seat was next for the young man. in fact, alexander would be proud.

"and congratulations, of course! elite four. truly amazing, kyle." he gives kyle a solid pat on the back as he pulls away. he turns then to gesture at the gym. "i take it you're here to challenge the gym?"

[newclass=.devonpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 8:38:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle was always a person that preferred his personal space, but he has no qualms with anyone he's close with inside his bubble. he returns the hug and the pat in the back before detaching himself to the gym leader.

"of course! that's like my thing now."

kyle whistles to break his pokemon's fawning over alex and directs them to behave properly for the match, guiding them to where the match would take place.

"when did you get back? i was worried when you disappeared without news, you know? everything's fine, right?"

it was clear that kyle hasn't received any news about alex until his appearance as a gym leader. he makes it a point to cut his video game time and actually act like a responsible adult as opposed to a child.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 13:43:08 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]"a few weeks ago! i'm sorry for making you worry but things should be fine now. i should've reached out." 

they walk and talk as they make their way through the halls of the gym before reaching the battlefield. patches of land surrounded by water, it looks as one would expect of a water-type gym. alexander stops for a moment to dote on the two mightyena a little bit more.

"it's been a while since we last battled," his thought escapes him and he chuckles when he realizes. "i'm sure you'll have no issues." kyle might even sweep them quicker than he did the last. it feels wrong to say but a part of him hopes for it to be true.

two pokeballs flash open to reveal his choices for the battle. primarina takes her place on a patch of land and the tentacruel sinks into the water. the glimpses of a BARRIER can be seen to perceptive eyes. alexander gives kyle another pat on the back before departing to his end of the battlefield. at the same time, a MISTY TERRAIN appears as a subtle layer of pink covers the battlefield. 

"good luck, kyle."

[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 16:49:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"good luck, have fun," he'd respond as he allows his pokemon to settle.

within a moment, the other side of the field has already set up. misty terrain gives his side a clear disadvantage while the tentacruel bolstering its defenses meant that it's going to prolong the fight without him being able to poison either pokemon.

given the circumstances, kyle shifts his play to what he had initially planned.

"bravo, double team! echo, snarl!"

the mightyena produces more copies of itself as it fills the landmass with its images. out of the number of mightyenas in the field, an eerie and painful sound fills the area as snarl attempts to weaken both of the opposing pokemon's later attacks.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2020 15:52:11 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]spoken like a true gamer; the challenge commences.

preparations have been set up on their end and kyle takes his turn to prepare his. the DOUBLE TEAM raises their evasiveness and the SNARL makes the two water-types cower from the sound. it lowers the primarina's special attack but tentacruel is safe due to her CLEAR BODY. and now it's their turn.

the water-types have the clear advantage of the terrain and they've been trained to use it. the distance works in their favor as primarina stands her ground, unmoving, and sets up an AQUA RING to recover from the earlier SNARL as well as any future damage she'll take.

a SURF gathers from the murky depths and travels to the mightyena, looking to sink them into the water.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 19:26:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"echo, keep at it. bravo, get on the offensive."

the mightyena's requiem continues as snarl affects both the opposing pokemon for the second time.

amid the rising levels of water from surf, the copies of the mightyena all move simultaneously against the danger. as the water subsides, multiple of them crowd both of the pokemon, although it's only the primarina who'd experience actual pain.

the original mightyena pounces at it, attempting to play rough with the fairy-type with multiple instances of bites and claws and other physical strikes it can muster.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2020 6:16:59 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]SNARL does what it does and as annoying as it is, not much can be done about it. it damages his two pokemon and once again hinders primarina's offensive capabilities. but as the mightyena in the back starts to quiet, a tentacle emerges from the water before whipping at it for a POISON JAB.

the PLAY ROUGH finds connection and primarina cries out in pain. it leaves her vulnerable and she immediately looks to create distance. the AQUA RING covers and heals as she attempts to sink into the waters. still, the mightyena in the back will have to deal with a MOONBLAST even if it is weakened.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2020 19:09:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"howl."

the copies of mightyena disperse back as soon as the attack ends, but it's not enough to hide echo when the poison jab hits. he yowls and howls as he moves back to the mightyena copies from the earlier double team.

kyle sees bravo go ham on chasing after the primarina. he squints his eye, knowing that there's no backing off when the mightyena decided to plunge deep into the waters as well.

bravo charges through the moonblast with ferocity and almost no regard to self-preservation. weakened by snarl, the mightyena goes through it to continue its bout of play rough after having been amped up with its partner's howl.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 13:59:32 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]the moment the one mightyena jumps back into the other copies is when tentacruel shifts her attention away. she dives into the water, giving chase to the other one that's now isolated and alone.

primarina has no choice but to take the full damage of the PLAY ROUGH. cuts and bruises litter her skin as the waters from the AQUA RING look to heal what little it can. she's in pain, hurting, but she remains calm.

the underwater battle becomes harder to see with the MISTY TERRAIN that hangs over it. alexander can barely see glimpses of their outlines but he trusts his team. this is what they were trained to do.

an ENCORE is called for by the primarina as she looks to lock the mightyena into its PLAY ROUGH. another POISON JAB whips out, looking to wrap around one of mightyena's legs only to drag it deeper into the waters.

ooc//
- primarina is hit by PLAY ROUGH.
- primarina uses ENCORE on bravo.
- tentacruel uses POISON JAB on bravo.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 18:47:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there was nothing to be done with bravo as he sunk deep into the water. kyle worries more about the actions that his pokemon will take on their own, but he concentrates on the only thing he has control over for this fight.

"hyper voice."

hidden within the mirage formed with the multiple mightyena copies, bravo takes a breath in before releasing a deafening roar at the direction of where it last saw all of the other combatants. shock waves from the hyper voice was forceful enough to create major ripples in the gym's pools, but it wasn't the only thing that disturbs the waters.

black hole eclipse.

finding itself cornered when the inclusion of the tentacruel attacking it, the mightyena manifests its z-move.

a black sphere forms in his mouth before releasing it towards the tentacruel, wherein it expands, sucking everything towards it including the fluids of the arena. the attack creates a focal point that makes it easier for the other mightyena to concentrate its attacks on.

kyle doesn't clue in on what was happening until it was too late. the miniature black hole would eventually explode, expelling water from the pool and spraying everything in the vicinity with it.

"uh..."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2020 15:01:41 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]alexander braces himself as the HYPER VOICE booms across the battlefield. the force ripples through the waters, disrupting what little tranquility was present before. but that attack isn't what catches them off guard.

"what–" 

what unfolds before him is something he's never quite seen before. he narrows his eyes through the force of the black sphere and watches as it creates a vacuum of sorts, pulling everything towards it. alexander has to steady himself against the pull of it.

and then an explosion happens that sends water everywhere. he would have raised an arm to shield against it but it would have been useless either way. he steps forward, fully soaked, and watches as water rains down around them. along with it is the tentacruel.

"oh, she's out cold." 

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2020 17:50:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle recalls bravo back to its ball after it had executed it's z-move. he's not quite sure how much attacks he has taken underneath the surface of the water, but he plays it safe with his pokemon's well-being after it had been caught by echo's attack.

"him too," he adds to alex's comment.

the auto-pilot during matches comes online. one more target remains for both of them. kyle orders his mightyena to fire off another move as a lull during a battle gets him uncharacteristically impatient.

"shadow ball."

the mightyena takes the opportunity from the shock on alexander's side of the field to get his attack in. a mass of energy forms in his mouth before he fires it off at the primarina that had been wrestling bravo for a while now.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 8:03:19 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]the short lull in the battle allows primarina to regain some bit of her health with her AQUA RING. it does just enough that when a SHADOW BALL comes flying her way, she knows she can take the hit. and so she does. the attack pulses against her skin but she holds strong, knowing that this might be her last chance.

the cry she lets out is the opening note of her SPARKLING ARIA. the waters swish back and forth before shooting towards the remaining mightyena. steam rises as the water increases in temperature.

meanwhile, alexander is still trying to understand the events from earlier.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
wave [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 20:15:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the smell of wet dog hair fills the gym when sparkling aria hits its mark. echo's snarl pays dividends when the attack reaches him and it does not knock him out.

"hyper voice."

the mightyena fires off its own sound-based move immediately as soon as the command reaches him. a blast of sound goes through the opposite side of the arena with a force stronger than before. kyle assumes the mightyena's trying show off and attempted to rival the z-move, but to no avail.

kyle readies himself from the aftermath by covering his ears with his hands.