snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wasteland [m]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2020 1:31:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]anxiety levels might have already reached a new high and it's not even noon yet. originally, she had decided she could handle being stuck on a deserted island for a week. simple enough for words on a crisp sheet of paper but actually being thrown into that unknown? completely not simple. in fact, she's certain her nerves are making it even worse than it should be.

a dragon and an automaton linger at her back, although one is taking this a bit more seriously than the other.

her golurk is content with wandering the beach, feeling the sensation of lazy waves lapping at clay feet. the dragonite, on the other hand, is adamant on sticking close to her. perhaps he feels the stress rising beyond her control. a coo of questioning, of concern laced with mild hesitation escapes the beast. she tries to put on her best face, her most reassuring smile. it always manages to fall flat. "i'm fine," she murmurs.

she's not fine. this is anything but fine. and, perhaps to make matters worse, something is approaching from the other side of the beach. she can make out a figure but no distinguishing marks or features. does she call out to them? or allow them to come closer without reacting?

she can see the headline of the next news article now, like letters settling beneath the clicking of a typewriter: new head scientist fucks up again! reyes dies on deserted island. oh god.

[attr="class","illietag"]open deserted island mission!
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
wasteland [m]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2020 21:48:55 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","katherine"]

[]

The beach sucks.

Although Katherine did like the sea, she couldn't bear the feeling of sand at her feet. And despite her complaints, it was nigh impossible to stay far away from it. Her Milotic would not take no for an answer - she'd been swimming and diving away from the shore for hours now. The only time she'd shown her face was to check on her trainer's well being, and frankly, if it wasn't for the floating sword at the Rocketess's side? Maybe a wild pokemon would have shown up to threaten her life.

After all, that's what they advertised. A rush like no other, the opportunity to meet feral pokemon who cannot be tamed.

Caliburn shifts in the air, moving to point with the tip of its blade at a figure he spots ahead of them.

"Huh, I wonder who's that..." It looked like a person. And that alone encourages Kat to pick up her pace and move closer to find out who she happened to share this island with. Milotic, despite being busy with enjoying the warmth of the sun and the cold water, makes sure to stick close to her trainer.

"Who's there..?"

A couple more steps, and then finally, the mysterious person is revealed to her. Illeana Reyes.

Of course, Kat only recognizes her due to the incident in Littleroot. Well, there was also the recent HNN article. That also helped. Regardless, a warm smile captures the violet-haired woman's features and greets the scientist, "Ah! Hello! I was starting to think it's only me and my Pokemons here..."

"But it's nice knowing that we're not alone. My name is Katherine. This is Caliburn," She pointed to the shiny Aegislash who blinked his only eye, "And the Milotic over there is Serenity."

tags:
notes: ---
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".katherine"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine i"]font-style:italic;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wasteland [m]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2020 1:24:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]her face shifts through stages of emotions. fear, anxiety, relief, until finally it ends on friendly. the dragon by her side, however, is not as welcoming to their new companions. he lets out a grunt, large arms moving to cross over a scaly chest. dragons will be dragons, she supposes.

the golurk in the foliage easily abandons whatever it had been pursuing in favor of drifting over, a loud rumble of greeting following the somewhat absorbed sounds of clay feet pounding into sand. another ghost, another ghost!

"you know," she begins with a laugh and a sheepish smile. "i was thinking the same thing!" she conveniently leaves out the part where she believed this woman was going to kill her because how do you place that into casual conversation? you don't, not without sounding crazy. oh well.

illeana steps a little closer, sand shifting beneath her toes. a hand is extending toward katherine, sheepishness slowly fading away with introductions. "katherine, it's a pleasure!" she's probably a bit too welcoming, a bit too eager with the prospect of making a new friend. the smile widens a bit as she rolls through her own introductions. "i'm illeana," a pause to tilt her head toward her dragonite. "that's eripio and the bumbling golurk is deus." as she speaks, her automaton joins their sides and offers an excited wave. a true child, that one.

her gaze wanders to the shore, to the ocean, to what lies beyond. and before she can stop herself, she's asking questions as if she doesn't already expect the answers to be similar to her own. "so, what brings you here? i can't imagine this opportunity is very high on anyone's bucket list." a sense of adventure, a need for money, a way of training. the possibilities are endless but she shifts her eyes to the woman anyway, the look in her glance caught halfway between curious and analytical.

[attr="class","illietag"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
wasteland [m]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2020 21:14:15 GMT
[attr="class","katherine"]

[]

Katherine's Aegislash lacks any of the excitement the Golurk shared. He is as silent as you'd expect a real sword to be, only slightly more attentive to the world than an object. The rumbling is eventually regarded with a stare of his eye, which blinks once before he looks away.

He was the polar opposite to his trainer, who was all smiles and joy. Sure, it was mostly manufactured, but still.

She extends her own hand in response to Illeana's, and she shakes the other's softly. "Illeana, Eripio, and Deus. It's nice to meet you all." Her smile persists even when her eyes meet with the less excited dragon-type. "Deus is adorable, by the way. I think he'd get along well with my Phantump." Easily excited and ready to make new friends? Yeah, they were practically destined to become friends one day.

"The money mostly. It isn't too bad, is it? I am between jobs and this seemed... Better than anything else, I suppose."

Kat couldn't help but think of the bakery that until recently was where she worked. Even now, she thanked in her heart for freeing her of that prison. "And this is practically a vacation anyway. I have a feeling I'll have to convince Serenity for hours to return before we leave." It certainly wouldn't be the first time she had to do it.

"What about you? Actually... Let me guess!"

Illeana is stared down from head to toe, and then back. "A vacation..? Hm... I don't know. That seems too simple." Katherine tapped on her cheek with one of her fingers, still pondering about what could have possibly brought the scientist here. "Is it work-related?"

"Or... Maybe... You are here to escape from something! Well, or someone. Is that it?"

She was out of guesses now.

tags:
notes: ---
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".katherine"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine i"]font-style:italic;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wasteland [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 0:04:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the golurk sort of understands that acknowledgement of katherine's aegislash. not really, but a blink is enough for it to relax and shift its attention from pokemon to trainer. where her possessed sword is indifferent, katherine is all smiley and he loves smiley! perhaps that's why he drifts a little closer with a coo, a hand extending to almost mirror the exchange between women.

eripio scoffs at the automaton's actions but offers nothing further. perhaps him and the aegislash would almost be birds of a feather in that sense. illeana, meanwhile, is just delighted their company is friendly and not an axe murderer. "likewise!" a laugh follows before she's glancing toward her over excited automaton. the golurk really is like one large, clay puppy. it's adorable. "thank you! i'm sure deus would be thrilled to meet your phantump," thrilled is a bit of an understatement, given the way it perks up a little further at the prospect of new friends.

she's retracting her hand only to wave it around as if the reasoning katherine provides isn't bad in the slightest. "oh, no! not bad at all!" the smile she flashes, then, is reassuring. "it's basically like a chance to test yourself and make a little extra cash, right?" almost like getting paid to train, in a sense. she can see the appeal for sure. another laugh escapes the scientist and her eyes drift toward the playing milotic, fondness creeping onto her features. "i hope it's a well-deserved vacation, then! although, it'll be a shame when you have to separate her from the ocean." and when the focus shifts onto her, she's opening her mouth to provide an answer before promptly shutting it once more.

her cheeks flare with a rosy tint upon katherine's gaze roaming over her. a hand rises subconsciously to fiddle with the ends of her hair as if she isn't sure what to do beneath a microscope. options are shifted through like cards in a deck and while katherine touches upon a few reasons that could work, she's uncertain which one it'd actually be. a soft sigh escapes illeana before she's offering another smile. "i wish it were a vacation," she murmurs wistfully. and while it could be work-related, it's more personal than that. more like escaping something, if she really had to put a name to it. her voice is soft when she gives an answer. "you'd be right with escaping something. good answer," she praises briefly, the corners of her lips quirking up for a moment before settling into a soft line.

her eyes shift to the milotic in the ocean, to the waves that brush against the shore. "i suppose this is a test for myself," she offers. there's a pause for a moment before she's looking to katherine once more. "to escape that feeling of not being strong enough. is that bad?"

[attr="class","illietag"]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
wasteland [m]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 2:29:22 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
Don't think...[break]Obey.

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

A chance to test herself, earn some extra cash, and apparently also meet one of the League's head scientists. It was a vacation, a job and an opportunity to learn a couple of new things, maybe. The fact she even considers to collect knowledge rather than enjoy their meeting can only mean one thing: 's antics were rubbing off on her. All she needed was a slice of cake to complete this costume.
[break][break]
The sun tanning Milotic is more than pleased with where she was, enjoying the waves by herself.
[break][break]
Illeana's behavior spells insecurity in such a loud way that it's almost impossible to ignore. A nice person would think that this was merely shyness, but Katherine was not nice. "I had a feeling it was something like that. This seems like a really good place to go to if you need to escape something. Good choice." She's a predator. If Illeana needed to hear something nice, she'd be given that. If she needed a shoulder to cry on, Kat had two.
[break][break]
And if she happened to accidentally mention something that she shouldn't have, they might just become true friends.
[break][break]
"What makes you think you're not strong enough?" Her head tilts slightly to the side, confused. "The only thing I'd consider to be bad here is... Well, whatever or whoever made you feel this way. We don't need people like that in our lives, you know?"

[attr="class","runruntag"]

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#8D44A3;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#8D44A3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#8D44A3!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]