thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2020 17:15:21 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]there is a sword in stone in the middle of the ren-faire. people have long gathered around it because of the legend it holds: whoso pulleth out this sword of this stone and anvil, is rightwise king born. the grandness of it is marred by the fact that the text is printed on a wooden sign. but the sentiment remains.

many have tried and fail but as lance steps up to place his hand on the hilt of the aegislash, he already feels the crown forming over his head. and sure enough, in one rightful pull the sword slides out of the stone with ease. he turns to the crowd, sword in hand.

"i guess this makes me your king! if anyone objects, well, i'm sure we can work things out." he points to the man renting out aegislash off to the side. "over a duel."

mission!
@open!

[newclass=.lancepost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 6:36:09 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
Don't think...[break]Obey.

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

Katherine is drawn to the source of the commotion, not even sparing a second thought before making her way towards it. She finds herself having to traverse through a small crowd, but she does so without bumping into anyone, including a kid who almost pushed his cotton candy an inch too close to her clothes.
[break][break]
She avoids the disaster and turns only to see Lance manage to pull the Aegislash out of the stone, just as the legend foretold.
[break][break]
It's as if time freezes then and there, and the crowd falls silent at the making of a king, however, she herself did not find it to be all too impressive. Not as much as others did. A Pokeball is retrieved from her bag, and another Aegislash shows up: a shiny one.
[break][break]
"Does this mean I am the queen?" A soft chuckle parts from her lips, the ghost-type continuing to levitate by her side. "Or does it still depend on winning a battle?"

[attr="class","runruntag"]

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#8D44A3;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#8D44A3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#8D44A3!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 17:20:03 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]a silence befalls the crowd and for moments, all is still.  and then he hears a voice, a soft chuckle, and a figure emerges with a similar aegsilash by her side, except hers looks different. special. fit for a queen but the title won't be given out that easily.

"as much as i would like you as my queen i'm afraid the title must be earned, my dear." 

lance extends his hand out as if to coax her forward. he smirks, saying: "but it is tempting." he raises his aegislash then and points it towards her. "a duel for the title of queen. do you accept?"

[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 19:26:47 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

The Rocketess takes short steps in order to close the distance between herself and Lance, her eyes taking in his appearance for a short while.
[break][break]
"Must be earned, huh?" She repeats out loud before beginning to hum quietly "Hm, hm..." Lance offers a duel for the title, and it's no surprise that she's willing to accept. Katherine even liked the way those words rolled from the tip of his tongue, 'my queen'. How could she ever say no to that?
[break][break]
"A duel it is. I accept."
[break][break]
Aegislash seems to prepare himself too, waiting for the first command from his trainer. "I hope you don't have a big ego, my king. I'd hate to crush it." It's a lie. Katherine would thoroughly enjoy crushing it. If anything, it's probably the reason why she accepted this duel.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#8D44A3;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#8D44A3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 5:59:10 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]i accept; and the duel is sealed.

there is something in the way she speaks that suggest a lie; that she would absolutely love the opportunity to crush his ego. and he decides he's okay with that. if anything, it draws him in even more.

"you might have to learn to live with it. if you win, of course." 

the aegislash hums to life as it prepares itself for combat. lance takes a step back then and dips his head ever so slightly.

"i hope you do win."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 18:03:23 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

Katherine reaches for the hilt of her Aegislash slowly, and when her grip on the Pokemon is secured, she can feel its innate ghost-type abilities coming into action. It levitates somewhat to ensure that its weight is not crippling for the Rocketess.
[break][break]
"And what is it that you get if you win?"
[break][break]
They never discussed that outcome, did they? Perhaps it wasn't necessary– but she still wanted to know. Maybe what Lance desired would amuse her. And as her question is made, her approach begins. Aegislash takes charge and leads his trainer's hand in a swing.
[break][break]
When he declares that he hopes she wins, her tone grows softer before a smile blossoms upon her lips. "That makes two of us."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 18:34:49 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]"i guess we'll find out soon enough." 

the duel commences with her making the first attack. she swings forward looking to strike him down and he raises his aegislash to block it. metal clash and the sound reverberates across the crowd. they watch on in awe. or indifference; it's hard to tell.

"you'll have to try harder, my dear." 

and with that lance uses her weight against her and pushes back before swinging for an attack of his own.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 2:20:28 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

"Sorry, I don't have a lot of experience in this."
[break][break]
But it would be a mistake to assume that she even needs any. Where Katherine lacked the training, Aegislash compensated by guiding her instead of the opposite. Their blades sing with the melody of metal crashing upon metal, sparks flying away with each blow that's blocked by one of them.
[break][break]
"But I promise to try!"
[break][break]
Her smile is sweet and innocent. Naive, as if winning mattered– but not as much as having fun. Regardless, Caliburn opts to try something else. His shadow extends from below in an attempt of causing Lance to trip and lose his foot. Should it happen, the blade would extend towards the man and wait there, motionless in his trainer's grip.
[break][break]
"Is that any better..?"

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 4:38:40 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]is she feigning inexperience or is she truly genuine with her words? he ponders on it for a bit too long and it becomes his downfall. her sweet and innocent smile is distracting and he loses his footing, tripping just enough for him to end up pressed against her aegislash. dread is the last thing he feels; instead it's excitement.

"better." 

but lance does not give up that easy. they are allowed some fantasy in their play battle and he knows he won't get cut (or at least he hopes) so he shifts back slightly to attempt to parry her aegislash away with his. and in one swift movement he takes a step forward and closes the distance, hoping to press his body against hers as a means of distraction while his hand reaches out to grasp her wrist to hold the aegislash away.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 23:40:52 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

The lack of intent behind her threatening stance proves to have been a mistake. Lance stands up with his Aegislash in hand, already prepared for the second act of their battle. A soft gasp escapes from the woman's lips and in the blink of an eye, the tables have already turned. She felt his body press against hers before her wrist was grabbed and any form of retaliation was protected against.
[break][break]
And despite the fact that this spells Katherine's defeat, the Rocketess is neither sad or upset. She's smiling and excitement is evident in her features.
[break][break]
"Do duels often get this touchy?" She looks down and then back up at Lance, her head slightly tilted to the side. A barrier erects between them to separate the two, Aegislash utilizing KING'S SHIELD to its full capacity.
[break][break]
"You win. What would you like your prize to be?"

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2020 8:27:41 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]the duel comes to an end and while some might feel sad or upset, she is anything but. he sees it in her expression and perhaps that is what holds him. "not always." but is it such a bad thing?

the KING'S SHIELD separates them and he turns to the crowd to give him a bow like a trained showman would. they clap and cheer but his attention is elsewhere. someone comes up to him to take back the aegislash and he hands it back, content.

"a drink with my queen." he extends a hand out to her, inviting. "shall we?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 2:11:55 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

The cheering of the crowd plays like a soft melody in Katherine's ears. She enjoys the unnecessary amount of attention: whether if it was coming from a man she'd just met or a crowd full of strangers. It's a high she could easily get used to, but then again... Getting drunk was much easier, wasn't it?
[break][break]
"How could I ever say no to my king?" It's not often that she gets to keep such a good mood after losing, but with alcohol on the table and a pretty face like Lance's, could anyone blame her?
[break][break]
Kat finds her hand drawn to his, it moves to rest upon his palm as she waits for him to lead the way. "You haven't given me your name yet, you know." They were practically strangers still, but she most certainly did not seem intimidated by such a fact. If Lance happened to be a serial killer, Katherine was willing to take her chances.
[break][break]
"I am Katherine."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 3:05:42 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]he takes her hand in his and leads them away from the stage. the crowd respects their made-up titles and part for them as they pass through. he enjoys it for as long as it lasts; which turns out to be not very long. the moment they leave the area is when things return to some form of normalcy. but his queen is still there with him, and that's all he cares for.

"nor have you," he is fast to retort and equally fast to return a name when he hears hers. "lance." there's no need for a handshake; he simply squeezes her hand.

there's a small themed-store that sells ale with standing tables set up on the grass outside. he settles at one as a man dressed in a commoner's outfit comes running out with two glasses of alcohol. he takes his and raises it towards her, toasting.

"what brings you here, katherine?" he asks, sipping his drink after. "and more importantly, what are you doing after this?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 3:28:28 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

A familiar clink is heard when their glasses connect in a toast.
[break][break]
She takes a second to appreciate this alcohol with a short sip. The ale slides down her throat smoothly. The taste of fruit spreads inside her mouth within moments, and then, an unexpected, bitter after-kick reminds Katherine that this was still alcoholic, so she should mind how much she drinks. Or not, she could easily throw every last care away and get wasted.
[break][break]
For now, she hadn't made up her mind.
[break][break]
"I just wanted to see what the Ren-Faire had to offer," And with another glance that she paid to Lance, a smile began to tug at her lips. "It didn't disappoint." She might even consider paying it another visit in the future.
[break][break]
His question is not one she expects, or at least not the bluntness in which he carries it. But it's a welcomed surprise, one that only piques her interest in him further. "Ah, well... I don't think I had any special plans coming here. But now I can think of a thing or two I could do after this." His bluntness is recapacitated in kind, although Katherine is slightly more subtle with her words.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
kuningas [open mission]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 16:55:28 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]the taste of fruit is not nearly as intoxicating as the woman stood across him. warmth flows through him but it's hard to tell if it's from the alcohol, her, or hoenn's terrible weather. he decides it's her.

"i could say the same thing." 

from behind them, he hears commotion from people attempting to pull the aegislash out of the rock again. he pays them no attention and instead keeps it on her.

"i'm not too far away." his eyes drift off towards the city if only for a moment. "how about you?"