awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
now this is poggers
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 0:15:41 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic hears cheering from somewhere inside the warehouse and then something like... slashing? maybe a dull crack like that of a breaking bone? that's crazy.

he inclines his head to look at his fellow guard.

"i can't believe you've been pals with the head scientist, kiddo."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
now this is poggers
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 1:54:09 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he wanted to come watch, but he's stuck in the same job as he did with abner, and priam can only whine when he hears cheers coming from the show. it's not as fun watching a recorded match even, if they do record those.

the inquiry shakes his attention away from the fight as he turns his head to dominic. "wait, head scientist?" priam echoes.

he tries to find which scientist he's friends with. two names come to mind, but only one of them really stands out if he gets to choose which one of them gets the 'head scientist' title.

"oh yeah, i guess eva is kinda cool, but she's is very smart. are you not friends with her? she makes me ice cream."

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
now this is poggers
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 2:19:38 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 "she... eva does?" dominic lets that knowledge rest for a moment. no one ever made him ice cream - not when he was a teenage rocket recruit, not even when he was underboss. he makes a mental not to make sure priam doesn't get spoiled and then shakes his head quickly.

"no, i mean lane."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
now this is poggers
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 2:50:03 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam smiles when faced upon the revelation of eva's side hobbies to dominic, but the expression quickly shifts to a disgruntled mix when he tells him that eva wasn't the person he was referring to.

"what, lucas? he's a head scientist?"

he supposed that explains the bunch of official league stamps on the letters on his mailbox, or the league logo on some of his work. priam thought he was just some other scientist funded by the league instead of being an actual head scientist for the longest time.

priam rests his hands on his waist as he struggles to grasp the situation. he answers dominic with the things he knows about him.

"i met him in a cave! he's lonely though. he needs friends, okay."

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
now this is poggers
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 3:01:47 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic blinks at priam slowly, processing this new information. he's not sure how he knew about lane's position - maybe a briefing document back from before navel rock tower? he knew the man was present there, and frankly, he's surprised lane didn't recognise him during the tower challenge based on his voice alone.

"i'm sure he does," dominic says eventually, remembering lucas's demeanour.

"what was he doing in a cave?" dominic frowns down at priam, masking his concern with annoyance. "do you often befriend random men in caves? what about forests?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
now this is poggers
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 3:18:07 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he remembers their meeting vividly since it was one of the times priam still held him respectable enough to refer to him as a sir.

"he was looking for rocks and then we settled for a weird looking gla- ice boy." priam is considerate for his friend. "please don't judge him for being a weirdo." both of his friends.

it was difficult to defend lucas lane when even priam has a hard time trying to think of the thingsthat makes him a nice friend to have. he finds one reason eventually, fortunately enough.

"he's rich though, so that makes him a good friend. he took me to a trip to sinnoh once! we just looked for rocks, but it's a vacation, i think."

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
now this is poggers
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 3:30:02 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic nods along while priam talks, and for several moments he felt reassured. right up until the last sentence.

he couldn't really judge priam for making the most of having lucas lane as a "friend", he supposed. it would be totally fine - hell, he doesn't know what he would have done in priam's position where he his age - but something about priam's naivety made dominic question the arrangement.

"you're saying this is okay because he's rich and takes you on overseas vacations to look at rocks," dominic's tone turns sharper, a little sceptical.

"does marcel know about this?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
now this is poggers
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 3:47:50 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he tilts his head with the question, and tries to recall if he did tell marcel anything about lucas. his mouth starts to move before he can make any comprehensible thought, however.

"i'unno. that's his job right? spying on people's privacy? so maybe, yeah."

priam doesn't know much about how marcel gets his information from, but he assumes that whatever the process is, it's some complicated thing that priam will think is cool.

only after did he say those words did priam finally get what he wanted to say.

"oh yeah, i told marcel i was working as his assistant for summer! maybe if i do good enough, i can be tenured as a regular! i like his air conditioning in his office, and his fridge is always stocked with hot pockets, and he said i can take any whenever i want."

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
now this is poggers
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 4:28:07 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic hears uproarious applause from inside the warehouse, but he remains totally still like a statue. he processes priam's words while the cheering continues for what seems like an oddly long time. it doesn't sound like the screaming associated with a disruption so he just patiently waits for it to end.

"vacations to sinnoh and hot pockets seem like good incentives," he eventually agrees.

definitely better than anything rocket could offer.

"well... i hope your summer job goes well. if lane does anything weird, and i mean anything, you tell me, alright?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
now this is poggers
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 4:37:08 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"do you mean something like child predator weird or just... weird-weird, like him keeping a bunch of geodudes in his basement and forgetting to feed his fish?"

priam doesn't have to explain what a geodude is to dominic because it's a kanto pokemon, and priam's proud of his friend for that.

part of him believes that dominic just wants an excuse to beat something up. lucas lane seemed like the perfect target for it since he's a nerd and all, along with the fact that league doesn't spend much for the security of his lab. he feels for him just for that.

"i'm pretty sure i can beat him up myself, but sure!" he answers. it's the thought that counts.