Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 1:28:55 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Wailmer watching had become even more famous these months ever since a shiny Wailord had been spotted swimming with the younger Pokemon. Of course, a ship had set out to try and spot the legendarily exciting sight. Kaida certainly wasn't here for sightseeing (though she admitted the sight was amazing), she was here to ensure the safety of both the wild Pokemon and those who rode on this ship to study the creatures. Even without the shiny present, the Pokemon deserved peace from rabid fans. [break][break]

Kaida leaned over the railing, getting to know how much she disliked boats. They rocked, it was hot everywhere, and she feared falling into the waters at all times. Flying was much less dangerous feeling. The air was fresh though, a win over her own dislike. Naturally, her Pokemon enjoyed the salt air and sun. Under the waves, she occasionally saw Njor and Din surface briefly, the two aquatic Pokemon ensuring that nobody sent out a Pokemon to chase the group. Draugr, in a way only a ghost could, flickered in and out of sight, sometimes retreating to Kaida's side, and sometimes resting on the roof. Ormr enjoyed the sunbathing aspect of this job, stretched out on a chair Kaida convinced a fellow sunbather to abandon. The heat invigorated the reptile, without overheating him. [break][break]

This, unaware of familiar faces on this ship, Kaida breathed in the scent of the waved and stretched further over the railing. She didn't think she could be blamed. Unless a predator attacked, what could possibly interrupt the job? It almost felt a vacation.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Sink or Swim! Sunbathing (1/4). SS mission (2/4)

[attr="class","tag"]@tag

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 2:10:59 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]wailmer watching: a first for the head scientist. to be fair, she hails from the coldest point of sinnoh and it's difficult to find the small whales there. you know, with the ice and whatnot. a shame, really, but it is what it is. she's at least seizing the opportunity now. carpe the fuck out of the diem, right?

she's not the only one seizing the day. she's joined by an odd trio. a sobble, a ninetales, and a golurk all on the same boat... what could go wrong? apparently, a lot.

her automaton is, not surprisingly, stuck like glue to her side. excited rumbles escape like a symphony and really, it's nothing more than an oversized toddler trying to catch a glimpse of an elusive pink whale. the other side of her has an off-colored ninetales who looks a little annoyed with the ocean spray on the breeze. it's making her fur a little damp. gross, wet dog smell. illeana doesn't mind it, though. she allows a hand to drift into shiny gray fur, ruffling the tufts at the crown of her head.

the problem child of the day lies within the small, scaly form of a sobble. he rests like a neck pillow on her shoulders, curling himself into her skin. and perhaps it's a small gift to the water type that her hair is pulled up into a bun, allowing him to continue sunbathing without her curtain of hair blocking him from the warmth. the slightest of sounds cause him to stir, however, and she's grown a little to accustomed to having to lull him back to sleep with a soothing voice and a gentle hand tracing circles into scales.

she's distracted by the sight of the ocean but not too absorbed into the water's creatures to be able to ignore the tug of her hand. her head turns, an eyebrow raising. the automaton had pulled gently at her hand only to point with a clay limb toward a familiar face. kaida, former partner turned hopefully friend. a bright smile overtakes her face and before she's considering otherwise, she's approaching with her two guardians and a slightly terrified-looking sobble in tow.

"hey!" she giggles. "fancy seeing you here!"

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 3:39:44 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

The voice was familiar to Kaida, though perhaps she should have made it clear to her new family members that she had friends...allies...whatever. A shaking Dragapult manifested in between Kaida and Illeana as she approached suddenly, trembling like a leaf as she bravely stood in front what she thought was a threat, however friendly that golem looked. "D-draugr! It's fine, she's fine! Ormr's fine, see?" The dragon looked upon the completely calm Ormr, then promptly vanished in its own embarrassment. [break][break]

Little comedy skit besides, Kaida's move blantly rose as she smiled at Illeana, "I didn't think I'd see anyone I knew here...a job as well?" Illeana was a scientist, right? Did Wailmer or Wailord have something important to them? [break][break]

She dodged forward towards Illeana as a crowd suddenly surged forward, the elusive Wailord suddenly making itself known, breaching the water in a burst of sparkling light, "Look at that," Kaida's eyes gleamed, the fantastic sight before her drawing out an almost child-like amazement, "They're cute little ones, then pretty big ones. Guess that's why everyone wants to see them." She seemed oblivious to the now close promoxity she was in to...everyone, only slightly peeved as she spotted Ormr separated from her, eyes wide like they were separated by an ocean. It was fine. Everything was fine. [break][break]

Under the waters, there was a problem. A strange swarm was under the ship, Din noted dimly, why would different Pokemon gather together like that? His Carvanha partner figured it out in a moment of fear, tackling into the Gorebyss as an Aqua Jet screamed past, straight at the hull of the ship. The abyssal Pokemon's eyes widened, there were people clinging to the Pokemon. The word was lost on the Pokemon, but the image still struck him. Pirates. [break][break]

Kaida's mistake was assuming it was the whale-pokemon, not them, in danger.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Sink or Swim!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 1:33:09 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]while illeana's response to the dragapult is a giggle, her sobble's reaction is anything but. first, it's a soft gasp at the skin of her collarbone and then? a wail. loud and piercing, as if a defense mechanism put into place to ward the ghost dragon away from him and his trainer. she doesn't miss the way tears leak onto her neck or the tightening of the tail at the base that is almost gripping enough to be uncomfortable.

"it's okay," she coos to her sobble, a hand rising to once again trace circles into scales. it takes a few moments and the words of kaida to fully dispel the situation but eventually, the tearful water type is lulled back into a more relaxed state on her shoulders. thank god... while she absolutely adores the little cutie, that wail is enough to make her ears bleed.

illeana returns kaida's smile with ease, more than happy to see a friendly face on this little adventure. besides, there's a comfort she's come to appreciate in kaida's presence and she'd be lying if she said she didn't wish for more of it sometimes. "thankfully not a job," she makes an attempt at a joke with a mild laugh. and then, as her ninetales lazily swishes a cluster of tails against her legs, she's glancing toward the ocean. "i actually came to see about this pink wailmer!" well, more like to see if it was actually real or nothing more than a mirage.

speak of the devil and the big pink guy shall appear. the crowd around them jostles forward and the automaton at her side shifts to block the sheer force of their determination away from her back. a grateful smile is flashed in deus' direction before she's whipping her head to find the source of the commotion. there, rising up from the water in a sparkling display is the fabled wailmer. huh, so it isn't just a trick of the eyes! amazing! somehow, kaida's commentary makes the moment even better and illeana's matching her friend's glee with her own. "how beautiful!" her voice borders the line between excited and shrill. "they really are adorable, aren't they?" even if they grow to be massive whales, there's still an impressive level of cuteness held within the evolutionary line.

the scientist and her pokemon are unaware of the threat that lurks beneath them. as far as they know, this is nothing more than a peaceful day spent at sea. to think that it'll crumble into violence so soon? the thought doesn't even cross her mind and perhaps that had been her first mistake. danger lurks even in the happiest of moments and to believe otherwise is naive but naivety is a trait illeana reyes has in spades.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 4:02:06 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

The violence underwater had still gone unnoticed, if only shown by the Wailmer becoming more restless-looking. Din and Njor dodged away, only able to watch in horror as the pirates realized that that boatgoers were focused on one side of the boat, and directed their attacks to the empty side, creating an entry point in the side in less than a minute. Carvanha were known cowards, typically only able to attack in a group, and Njor was no exception, frozen in place. In contract, Gorebyss were known as vicious and brave predators, attacking in fluid-drinking rushes. Only a few pirates managed to throw themselves into the hole before a burst of Blizzard froze the hole...and the hull of the ship. They were trapped in place, and Njor and Din found themselves fleeing for their lives as a few pirates moved to pursue. Din's attack did nothing to stop them, only slow, as the rest began to clamber onto deck. [break][break]

Kaida was not able to read the unease of the Wailmer in time, their expressions more foreign to her and, honestly, she was trying to be good and listen to Illeana. "Very cu-" [break][break]

She was lucky she didn't bite her tongue, the way the ship lurched and sent her rib-first into the rail before proceeding to...stay still? Kaida froze, the cries of the people around her filling her head with nonsense. "Illeana! Ormr! Are you ok!?" She felt her voice didn't even break the roaring of human voices. Draugr would be fine, it was her two visible companions she was worried about. From his resting place, Ormr let out a shocked hiss as weight slammed onto his back, squirming free and flopping to the deck in a terrible whirlwind of confusion. Indeed fine, Draugr held her breath and stayed invisible. New smells were coming near, and their voices sounded terribly mean! [break][break]

When the first screams rang out, the crowd was still too thick to even see the incoming threat.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Sink or Swim! Are you okay? (3/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 0:29:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the head scientist is content, happy, blissful even. what more could a girl ask for in this moment? well, apparently less pirates but that's not a thought that crosses her mind yet. she's looking away from the wailmer to listen to kaida when things begin to take a turn and fast.

"fuck," she hisses out the moment the boat lurches. her body is sent hurtling forward into the rail, much like her companion, and a large clay hand darts out to steady her. the automaton almost looks... nervous? dread pools in her stomach and thoughts begin to race. god, they better not be about to sink or something. it's too early for that.

kaida's voice rings out among the chaos and illeana's whipping around to find the woman again, to check that she's still in one piece. relief washes over her the moment their eyes lock. "yeah, we're okay!" reassurance bleeds through the words, masking the worry for now. the concern comes a moment later after a pause. "are you alright? you're not hurt?" the ninetales at her knees bristles as if she's caught a scent on the wind. and while illeana doesn't know what it could mean, dread continues to build in her stomach until she's certain she might puke.

"what's happening?" the scientist is barely able to get the words out before the first scream rings out. and it echoes, painful and sharp in her ears. oh god. what the hell is this? her back is turned toward where the pirates board, unsuspecting as all prey are. luckily, they'll have to get through an automaton first if they want to get to the women.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 1:31:54 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Draugr was starting to wonder if this whole trip was one royal fuck up. Why would Kaida put them on this floating death-trap, espicially if these mean people were able to attack so easily!? Two shapes swam away from others, Din and Njor, but the Dragapult didn't help. The recently evolved dragon had not yet formed the protective instincts her kind was known for, and quickly shrank away to safety when the screaming started. Maybe it would all be over, and Kaida would take care of it. [break][break]

"Not hurt bad." She had certainly bruised, but that was a matter for later, and her pulse pounded painfully under her skin when a horrible scream rang out. "We've got to move." Kaida urged, panic starting to press the crowd tighter and tighter, and she was afraid of what might happen if they were among the frightened when true danger struck. To that end, she looked up at their friend the Golurk as asked quickly, "Can he get us out of this crowd?" [break][break]

Snarling and hissing, Ormr finally escaped stomping feet in a crowd, but before he could even try and look for Kaida, he was face-to-face with some terribly scary big boots. The humans nearest the man, and his rapidly arriving allies were frozen in fear, and Ormr could only think that they were terribly tiny Mareep surrounded by Pyroar. Already caught, a woman struggled to free herself, mouth covered as other pirates unsheathed weaponry and Pokeballs. The normally unexpressive serpent looked back briefly where he knew Kaida and their friend were, and his mouth suddenly hung open in a mortifying snarl as he suddenly whipped back around and launched at the man, seizing his trapping arms in his jaws. The struck silent crowd suddenly screamed, jostling and trying to get away from the struggle and encroaching pirates. Morality wasn't an issue for the Ekans, and if the pirates wanted to play predator, he would do them better! [break][break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Sink or Swim! Royal fuck up (4/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 1:25:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]man, she wanted one week to relax and not worry about possibly knocking on death's door. funny how things never seem to go exactly as planned, huh?

an audible sigh of relief escapes illeana once confirmation hits her ears. and yet, she'll still give kaida one last glance over if only to fully be sure. the railing is sure to leave a mark on both of them, that's for sure. she knows that both of them have handled worse, recovered from worse. they'll be fine. "i'm glad," she murmurs and briefly, she considers reaching a hand out to grip kaida's. she'll instead brush a hand against hers and then shift to take a look around. okay, gather all of the information before making a decision. there's too many people to escape as easily as they'd like. hell, they're practically sandwiched to the railing. and from her position, she can practically taste the panic in the air. it's thick like smoke and ready to suffocate. she swallows.

"no, unfortunately not." the golurk is only capable of disappearing into shadows itself, not bringing along company into the depths of that plane of existence. they'll need to find another out... the ninetales at her knees bristles further and without warning, the fox is slowly beginning to slink away. and while illeana wants to stay by kaida's side, she's not about to just let one of her pokemon out of her sight. without giving a moment to fully process, she's taking kaida's hand in hers and tugging toward the direction flammae moves. "come on, this way." the fox has to smell something, has to have some idea of what's going on.

and maybe the entire point of the shiny ninetales moving into the crowd was to stumble upon the source of commotion. standing in the middle of the crowd lies pirates. plenty of them, too. the fox bristles and snarls and panicked people part to let her through. there's little thought put into the next course of action. flammae doesn't wait for her trainer. no, there's not enough time. people are threatened, lives at stake. and so, she strikes as well. jaws immediately seeking flesh and tearing at whatever she can grab of the closest pirate.

illeana leads kaida to the scene a moment later, practically stumbling into the pirate's view with her automaton close behind the women. the rumble of warning that escapes the behemoth then sends a shiver down the scientist's spine and she'd like to say that she wants to move, wants to act. do anything, really. but, as terror always seems to do, it roots her in place.

4/4 prompts used!

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 18:55:23 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

As Illeana told that the Gorlurk could not assist in their escape from the crowd, Kaida was just starting to wonder if plunging into the water was a better option. Luckily, Illean suddenly snatched her hand and raced the both of them after her snarling Ninetails. And what a sight they were faced with. Respect graced Kaida's face as the Ninetails jumped right in, joining the battle that Ormr had evidently joined even before they arrived. [break][break]

Kaida was no stranger towards predators, though this was her first group of humans playing predator. They seemed reluctant to release Pokemon, maybe they thought their own strength would be enough. Good. She had to keep it that way, their only advantage right now was the fact their Pokemon were fighting, well, most of them. Her face twisted into an inhuman smile, teeth on display as she instinctively leapt in front of the frozen Illeana, "Draugr! Infestation!" The rather cowardly dragon couldn't hide forever, not when Kaida was making a direct order. Indeed, she heard a terrified groan before a brief image of the Dragapult plunged through the pirates, instantly leaving ghostly, insectoid afterimage that nipped and tore at exposed skin. [break][break]

Somewhere in the chaos, Ormr let out a devastated hiss, a large boot coming right down on his tail. It was that single noise that drove Kaida to whip around towards Illeana and bark like she were a Pokemon, "What are you waiting for, knock them off the ship!" Yes, they were driving them back, but they could drive them back faster! [break][break]

The battle underwater changed tides quickly, the minute Njor and Din were chased gave a moment to gather their bearings. All their enemies behind them, Njor suddenly turned and roared like a Pyroar...well, more like chattered fearfully, but the Snarl still scattered them and churned the waters. Din turned upwards and made a plea towards the skies, calling Hail. In the heat, it was pitiful and almost like snow, but sure to help another Blizzard to freeze the ruffians in place.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 22:39:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]flammae's snarled aggression manages to shift something in illeana. well, that and the way kaida protectively stands like a shield between her and the pirates. and while it's touching, she knows that in this moment, they both need to spring into action. she can't sit idle. not now, not anymore.

the automaton at her back shifts a little closer as if it wants to be her champion. touching, again, but she needs the golurk in action and not stuck as guard. "phantom force," she murmurs. the protective presence eases until it fades and shadows spread behind the pirates. it materializes a moment later, striking out at the very pirate her ninetales had latched onto. both the man and the fox tumble to the ground. flammae releases in time to not get pinned beneath his weight, the fur around her mouth bloody and stained. she almost looks like a different creature, more vicious than ever before. and if one turned to her trainer, perhaps they'd see the same thing.

illeana's gaze has hardened long before kaida turns to bark at her. "got it," she murmurs and while the words lack bite, there's a force behind them that is telling. the scientist has decided long before pirates came to crash the party that she'll be a force to be reckoned with. and this is no different. "again." both the golurk and the ninetales lunge again, one with teeth and the other with swinging clay limbs. both find purchase and the scientist? she finds courage, enough to step around kaida's form to approach. the previous pirate her pokemon had handled was unconscious but the new man they're focused on? he's still very much alert and aware of the woman's form closing in.

"not gonna get your hands dirty, darlin'?" she tries to steel herself against the comment but it strikes a nerve. as if she can't defend herself without her pokemon. and maybe she can't but this man who reeks of booze and grime doesn't have the right to look down on her for it. her face twists into a scowl and the next mistake she'll make will be the way she steps closer to him. a question slips from her lips the moment she's within distance. "what are you hoping to accomplish with this?" money, jewels, pokemon? what's the angle, the treasure?

4/4 prompts used!

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 2:04:25 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Satisfaction flashed in Kaida's eyes as Illeana went on the offense, and then she proceeded to make a mistake. She lost Illeana. [break][break]

In a moment of forgetfulness, and worry of her own Pokemon, Kaida vanished back into the crowd and darted to where she had last heard Ormr. It felt natural, she didn't think Illeana would even try to approach one of the pirates without a weapon. Clearly, she was wrong, but she didn't think so in the moment. [break][break]

In a twist, Ormr found her first, crashing into her knees in his haste to get to her. The rattle on his tail was cracked, and she hoisted the serpent back onto his familiar perch on her shoulders. Suddenly, he raised up his head and hissed, drawing her attention back at Illeana, who should have thrown them off the ship by now. "Illeana!?" Why was she so close to him!? [break][break]

Her ears perked for anything that happened, Kaida dove back through the crowd, and aching part of her telling that there was no way to prevent anything that happened over there.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 22:01:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she's too invested in this interrogation that she doesn't notice kaida's absence. and perhaps that's another mistake to tally on the seemingly long list of things going wrong. or, perhaps the words kaida had once spoken to her didn't resonate in this moment. stronger together. except she's taking on danger without remembering the point of it all and there's another mistake lying somewhere in the exchange.

chaos is the objective, the goal. she hadn't seen it before but now she does, standing before the pirate as he barks out a harsh laughter. her skin crawls at the sound because oh god it's nauseating and that look in his eyes doesn't help. she steels herself once more and steps further into the man's orbit. "i'm not asking to hear myself talk," she murmurs. there's hesitation in her like she doesn't want to be here, like she doesn't want to be questioning him any longer. and maybe that's because he begins to move the moment she drifts too close.

the golurk isn't paying attention. the ninetales is distracted by screams. and she's realizing too late that it's her against him. no it's not until the first blow is dealt that she's coming into that acute understanding that yeah, she has really fucked up this time. a hiss of pain escapes and she's staggering back, hand rising to hold the cheek he just knocked his fist into. god, that fucking hurt. wait, her vision's a little wonky. maybe from pain, maybe from the fact that she was just punched in the face... who knows. anyway, he doesn't manage to get much farther than swinging another fist at her as her pokemon try to hold him at bay.

ah, but there's other pirates and she's suddenly very enticing prey. honestly, it shouldn't even surprise her when one grabs hold of her arm and yanks hard but it does and the shrill shriek that escapes is what kaida stumbles back in to hear. she'll find illeana in over her head yet again, eyes wide and frantic as she struggles to break away from the bruising grip on her wrists.

4/4 prompts used!

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 5:25:04 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

The frozen victims of the pirates made her journey back feel like it was dragging out, it should have only took a minute, but she still felt she took too long as she arrived and heard Illeana scream. Her heart nestled in her throat, a beat sounding in her head as blood flowed faster and faster. Their eyes were on her. Dangerous humans. They were hurting Illeana and she was small. She and Ormr were too small. [break][break]

Her frozen state was finally thawed as one of the free pirates lunged, forcing her to dodge away and under. They were separating her from escape, even weapons, she realized dully, the wooden deck under her hands painfully hard. Worst of all, they were laughing as she scurried away, pressing herself protectively against a wall in a burst of fear. They had to stop, she wasn't a joke. Never would be to these stupid people...but how could she defeat them? She couldn't order Draugr for another attack, another Infestation might hurt them, and any physical attack might prompt them to hurt Illeana. She needed to free Illeana first. Family could not be harmed. Never. It didn't matter what she had to do. [break][break]

I'm going to need to kill one. The sudden thought formed almost naturally, filling the entirety of her mind and coming against no resistance. There was nothing wrong with killing those about to kill you. It was a natural facet of life. [break][break]

What she didn't notice was the thought was resonating with her Ekans, who pulled himself up to his full height, the mortifying snarl matching her own face. The two-headed beast they were, and woe be it those that underestimated how fearful they could be. [break][break]

Crouching low, serpent emerging on her back like some kind of twisted chimera, Ormr's eyes glowed a golden light and his tail started to rattle. [break][break]

Rattlesnake. [break][break]

As the low, droning rattle seized the ears of the pirates, Kaida's thoughts became true in some way. They thought they were going to die. Even without the abject terror that twisted their faces, Kaida curiously noted blood was coming out of some's ears or eyes. A powerful sound. They think their prey. Kaida rose to her feet, teeth clenching painfully as she was unable to relax her expression. Not yet, not until Illeana was free. "Astonish!" [break][break]

The almost forgotten Dragapult reappeared with a terrible scream, some of the paralyzed in fear pirated dropping unconscious on the spot as a ghost charged them. Just as the sound was starting to die down, rooting and picking at their brains, Draugr moved to tackle Illeana's captors and wrench her away.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Sink or Swim! (4/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 18:24:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]their grip on her wrists is suffocating, terrifying, and yet... almost exhilarating? is that weird? probably. she chalks it up to the rush of adrenaline and nothing further, mind reeling to process this a little clearer. it's difficult when there's so much going on. so much noise, so much pain, so much failure. suffocating and snuffing out everything else until it's all white noise and just her, the pirate, and the concept that she has fucked up yet again.

kaida's form coming into sight is a saving grace but for how long?

the pirate snarls in her ear, pulling her a little closer. the grip tightens until she's certain she can feel muscles begin to creak and break beneath forceful fingers. that'll leave a massive bruise, definitely. "call off your friend, lady." he hisses and she's unable to speak, unable to do anything but stare as kaida moves into action. the woman retreats for a moment and then returns as something other than what she has always been. a chimera, a hybrid creature, half snake and half human. where do the lines blur? illeana can't tell. what she can tell, however, is that this is the moment they need.

rattlesnake vibrates across the deck and it disrupts the pirates. enough for the grip to loosen, for her pokemon to come back into the mix, and for the dragapult to find purchase in knocking the pirate behind her into the deck. her wrists are freed, her movements no longer restricted, and naturally she simply scrambles. away from the pirates and toward the solace that is kaida.

she's huffing and puffing by the time she returns, flushed and flustered and every bit a mess as usual. the faint smile she wears reflects this but her words do more. they're genuine when they come out. "thank you."

and then, she has to whip herself around to see her pokemon attacking once more. the ninetales lunges for skin and the golurk? the golurk uses the shadows to its advantages, phantom force in full effect as it continues to jump between the stretching shadows of pirates and knock them down like dominoes. one by one, they'll fall. and if not, they'll keep trying until they succeed.

there's an almost predatory look in her eyes as she observes, as she shifts a little closer, as she rubs a hand on a bruising wrist. "get them." it's low, almost inaudible, but she knows kaida will hear it. and more than that, she knows that her pokemon will feel the sentiment regardless. this is no longer about survival but about blood.

4/4 prompts used!

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Harpoon [SS/C]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 19:06:14 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

She can't bear it, the way blood rushes in her ears, the way her stomach knots and pulses pain. Her mouth opens and closes helplessly as Illeana thanks her, only managing to croak out an "O-ok." hilariously understated given...everything. [break][break]

Arceus, she hated them. Every last one of them. So much that she felt her head was splitting open. No good. She couldn't actually do it, could she? [break][break]

Get them. [break][break]

She must have imagined it. There was no way Illeana said that to her. It must have been herself, and if her mind was already inventing reasons to be awful, she supposed she just might have to. This ship was under her protection, her territory. Anybody knew the consequences of that, right? Kaida barked, a strange, roaring sound as her hands moved, her Pokemon spying each and every word spied. Let's eat. How awful she was, making her Pokemon hunt prey too filthy to eat. At least she thought Illeana wouldn't understand the order she just gave. [break][break]

Ormr's fangs gleamed green as he sprung off her back, Giga Drain intent on restoring parts of his broken body. The ghostly Dragapult hesitated longer, already vastly feeling its energy rise in the fearful atmosphere, settled on yanking each enemy off the ship...right where Njor and Din had settled. Even without orders, they had beaten their pursuers, icy surfaces showing where they had frozen and bitten their enemies. It was simple survival. When a body hit the water, Kaida saw the pink shape of Din whirl around, deadly kiss incoming to any fleshy thing that got near. [break][break]

The hunt was successful, to say the least. [break][break]

Kaida covered her face, knowing it would be over soon. She had to, or risk losing her own place she felt she had carved into this society. She was no monster, and wouldn't watch...but if anyone saw the white of her smile, they would know this beast had no leash on.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Sink or Swim! (4/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay