marcel maeda
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 15:10:46 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","kteam"]

[attr="class","mthread"]the wailords' appearance had been nothing short of chaos. one came, and the rest had ignorantly followed. marcel takes in the scene with a bewildered frown: towels strewn about, parasols snapped in half--he thinks he sees an overturned barbecue somewhere.
[break][break]
aside from the beach, the pod were currently blocking off one of rocket's trade routes. it was their job to clear it out so business could resume as usual.
[break][break]
marcel shoves his hands into his pockets. "you'd think they'd know better," he muses
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: mission

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,314 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 19:39:35 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
like a wingull, priam picks at the garbage littered across the beach. unfortunately, there's nothing seemingly useful within the wreckage. as soon as marcel breaks the silence, priam lifts his head up and rushes to where marcel was.

"think of it this way," he mentions as his pace eventually slows down as he approaches, "at least i get to show off!"

he brings out a pokeball and shows it to marcel. the pokeball's appearance wasn't anything spectacular, aside from the fact that priam hasn't done anything to damage it yet such as nicks or scratch marks or stickers.

"take a guess what's in it!" he prods.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 20:35:43 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","kteam"]

[attr="class","mthread"]well, weren't they fortunate. marcel glances sidelong at priam, not quite sure for the source of his excitement. if history has anything to show, he should probably be worried.
[break][break]
priam brings out a pokeball, and marcel runs through a list of recent events as he tries to work out an answer. he scowls.
[break][break]
"not another forretress, i hope."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,314 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 19:10:08 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"what?" priam scoffs. "no!"

the pokeball is thrown up in the air, revealing its contents to marcel instead of letting him play the guessing game longer. he feels like he was going to get judged since he did indeed was thinking of using a forretress for the job instead.

from the pokeball comes an urshifu, one that he had earned with marcel back at the tower. it takes the form of the one they defeated at the topmost floor, but the wider eyes of priam's indicate that it was much younger than the one they fought.

"tada! it's a big boy now!" priam leans back and points his arms at the urshifu. "whatcha call these 'mons again?" he asks.

he wouldn't want to use codenames for pokemon like . he already calls gardevoirs 'green bitches' and klefkis 'key boys'. he doesn't want to call his own pokemon 'headband beast' or something like that.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2020 18:47:40 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","kteam"]

[attr="class","mthread"]"huh." his eyebrows raise in pleasant surprise. it takes a beat for him to answer priam's question. "urshifu." another pause, then: "well done." perhaps he shouldn't have been surprised that priam had the dedication to train it, he did have a taste for battling.
[break][break]
he calls his metagross over with a whistle, the pokemon drifting over with a low hum. marcel's fingers wrap around the mega stone in his pocket as the pokemon begins to transform.
[break][break]
"you sure your urshifu's going to be able to handle this?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,314 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2020 19:06:59 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"you know what else i got?"

priam stuffs his hand in his pocket and brings out a mega stone that shines in a grayish hue. the more he stares at it, the more he wants to get more of it. mega stones were rare though, and he was sure his espeon can't use them either so it's pointless having more.

"hehe! i didn't even know they can mega evolve. did you?" he tosses the precious stone in the air and catches it with his hand midair. "i think he can handle it!"

he scratches his head as he opens his palm, staring at the stone itself absently. while he knows its function, priam doesn't know the instructions on how they get used. maybe he should've asked since he's one of the main people that researched this.

"i just need to figure out how to use this..." he grumbles.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 13:35:22 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","darkKcontain"]
[attr="class","darkKheader"]
[attr="class","darkKteam"]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]"no," he admits, "are you sure?" marcel looks from priam to the stone in his hand. "wait. how did you get that?" sceptical, he can't help but wonder if priam just got conned by some guy.
[break][break]he takes out his phone and begins typing. a few moments later he has the information he's looking for--turns out priam's right. he examines the picture of a mega-evolved urshifu for some time. "you have your key stone, right?" the younger rocket could be forgetful at times. "it should just...you know." he isn't quite sure how to explain it.
[break][break]
[attr="class","darkKdivide"]
[break]

[attr="class","darkKnotes"]notes ...

[break]
[attr="class","darkKtag"]

BY KAY

[newclass=.darkKcontain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKnotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,314 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 14:09:20 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"you know when he mentioned his other urshifu's busy with its babies and we just knocked out his other one? that's the opening! just a little bit of zoroark and... you know, i shouldn't be sharing my trade secrets! but yeah, i got it the same way as that shadow alakazam."

priam does a little trick where he drops the mega stone in free fall and swipes both of his hand at the same time to confuse the audience as to which hand has it, except he fumbles around, juggling it in the air for a second, and then catching it obviously with his dominant hand.

previously under the care of a gym leader from before, , priam managed to successfully snag the shadow pokemon after a gym challenge. it happened before marcel was reinstated within the ranks of rocket though, so he wasn't sure if he knew.

as marcel mentions the keystone, there's a moment of confusion before priam remembers that he has one. "oh, this?" he pulls one out of a different pocket. "i should get this embedded to a ring or something. where do you keep yours?" he asks.

as he brings the keystone up, the urshifu changes its form to something more... intimidating. marcel can catch priam staring at it, muttering a single word as he's overcome with awe.

"woah."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 21:55:59 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]despite the frown that has settled on his features, marcel is--very reluctantly--impressed. he watches priam fumble with the mega stone some more before speaking, "you better not be stealing any of my shit." he's half joking.
[break][break]
when priam flashes his keystone, marcel reaches into his collar for his own. he keeps his keystone on a chain around his neck, easily hidden under his shirt, without the risk of dropping it in a more fast-paced scenario. marcel shakes the chain a couple times before tucking it back into his shirt; as he does so, the urshifu begins to transform.
[break][break]
priam's sentiments are echoed, but marcel keeps his thoughts to himself. instead, he begins to circle the mega-evolved urshifu, examining it. "what do you know..." he mumbles, mostly to himself.
[break][break]he looks back at the beached wailord. "looks like we'll manage just fine."
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,314 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 18:12:10 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"i don't even like books," priam whines, "unless you mean pokemon, then i already told you i can't be caught having the same style as you!"

priam quickly turns to the wailor, patting the urshifu to get it ready. with its size, priam can't even believe that i was still a cub. maybe he shouldn't have rushed trying to evolve it so it can remain cute, but he can't help himself after seeing the one at the tower.

"you just need to push that big boy to the water." he turns his gaze to his pokemon to make sure it doesn't get any childish distraction from the surroundings. "do that punch thing! you can play in the sands later."

it positions itself before the wailord, and attempts to blow it with a wicked strike. the shock wave from the impact blows a gust of wind to their direction, but as the pokemon's youth dictates, it still needs a little more help to get it back.

the push it managed to get was already surprising, however.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 23:08:28 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]marcel decides to leave it at that, reassured his belongings are safe from one priam conrad. he leaves the urshifu to make the first move, curious as to how it'd fare. he thinks of his own, and makes a few points of comparison as the fighting-type launches its attack.
[break][break]
"impressive," he admits, hand moving to fix his wind-stirred hair. his metagross begins to drift towards the same wailord. "how've you been training it?"
[break][break]
having received its commands already, marcel's metagross swings a mighty punch at the wailord, knocking it the rest of the way to the ocean and scattering sand everywhere. it turns back to its trainer.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,314 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 19:34:25 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"with tlc of course!" priam answers with pride. the grin turns to a frown as he raises his brow. "you better not tell dom though! he's gonna make fun of me for it."

he was always told not to get too attached with his pokemon, but the circumstance of how he got the kubfu had perhaps warped his opinion on the pokemon. he suggests himself that it earns the favoritism because of how powerful its evolved form is.

priam's expression doesn't last as it mellows out before turning back to an expectant smile.

"i'll help you train up yours if ya want! then we can both have them, yeah?"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 10:25:46 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]his answer draws a smile. "i won't," he reassures him, "don't worry."
[break][break]
another wailord tumbles, following the force of his metagross' strike.
[break][break]"don't take what dominic says to heart, you know he's a bit..." he stops, unable to find a polite way of calling him a bastard. still, despite the man's disposition, he seems to have done alright by priam. as well as people of his calibre can, anyway.
[break][break]
priam's offer is heard over the distant splash of water. "sure, i think i've been going too easy on mine." he simply didn't have the time to train it; couldn't justify doing so as long as there was work to be done.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,314 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 17:53:27 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"insensitive? rude? disrespectful?" there's a smile on priam's face as he enumerates words that can be used to follow up marcel's sentence.

for a moment, he forgets why they're talking about him and priam simply enjoyed what the topic entailed. it wasn't like no one would deny that he carries those traits.

the answer to his invitation comes. priam is hit with surprise and excitement when it comes.

"oh, shit! really?" he had honestly expected some excuse, although it's not like marcel would escape his insistence should he deny it. "we can do it in your bookstore so you don't even have to leave your day job! no one goes to buy books anyways, i think."

the urshifu reverts back to its previous form as it is forgotten by its trainer in the background.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
beachside blues [m]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 9:22:41 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]"we're not doing it in the bookstore," he says immediately. the thought of letting priam and his new pokemon loose in there had him furrowing his brow. "there's a training area in the sub." it'd be easy to drop by during a lunch break.
[break][break]
then again, he doesn't know how he feels about training around other rockets. too many airs, too many masks, to maintain. as he continues to mull over his options, his metagross knocks the final wailord off the sand and too reverts back with a flash.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]